Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for nhs workers perks to stop 21:25 - Jul 24 with 4750 viewsAndy1300

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-53514524

Let’s be honest, there are plenty of nhs workers that are milking the adulation and perks that have been bestowed upon them these past few months.

There are plenty who have kept working who don’t get what nhs workers get!

Number 1 team in Wales

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 22:56 - Jul 25 with 869 viewsmajorraglan

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:00 - Jul 25 by Andy1300

I’ve worked right through it too, even doing overtime to keep up with demand for our products.

Plenty work through the pandemic and just get on with it!

Nhs workers chose their job just like you or I.

They knew the risks after the last SARS pandemic.

To say they saw the risks coming after SARS is in my opinion ridiculous. Had the NHS staff known the risks, why didn’t those very clever and astute politicians, scientific advisors and planning experts have the same foresight and see the risks coming? Covid19 is nothing like any of us have seen before.

A lot of the NHS workers will have chosen their jobs pre Covid19, but faced with significant dangers and health risks, difficult working conditions, lack of PPE etc instead of cowering at home they still rocked up to work to help people and save lives. They were also joined by thousands of ex NHS staff who answered the call to help out. In addition to putting their own lives at risk, they also ran the risk of bringing Covid19 home and passing it on to the family. It’s not just the nurses and doctors, the lower paid staff including admin, porters and cleaners have all put their lives on the line.
I also worked through the pandemic, long hours, lots of stress for no extra pay (and I am not complaining) but at no time did I have to face the risks that the NHS staff faced. They have been shoddily treated and exposed to danger, for example asked to care for ill patients without the correct PPE.

I know people who have had Covid19, some have been very ill, some have only experienced mild effects and I know of 2 people who died.
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 22:59 - Jul 25 with 866 viewsmajorraglan

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 16:06 - Jul 25 by Neath_Jack

Last one from me because you just sound very bitter towards them.

Those working on covid wards, were going in for every shift, knowing their life was on the line. Think about that for a minute, a very real risk of them losing their lives. Nobody in the NHS signs up for that, no matter how you want to dress it up.

They have been shat on for years, I'm glad that they did chose to go into that profession, because if everyone had your attitude, we would all be screwed.

Have a pleasant evening.

Great post. Have an up arrow.
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 01:23 - Jul 26 with 818 viewsJackinexile1

yo Andrew you quit the trust with Phil , go on the other forum.
Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 04:08 - Jul 26 with 787 viewsDJack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 01:23 - Jul 26 by Jackinexile1

yo Andrew you quit the trust with Phil , go on the other forum.

Ah, so you're the new name for Bobby Fischer.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 09:18 - Jul 26 with 734 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 22:00 - Jul 24 by Garyjack

Some of them just took the piss imo. My wife knows one of the supervisors in Asda Gorseinon, she told her that one afternoon at the height of lockdown, a young NHS nurse in her early 20's walked straight into the store and filled her trolley with every item of reduced meat, fish and other items that they were offering that day, whilst pensioners were queuing outside in the rain hoping to pick up a little bargain or two.

Nice to see some hate and unfair coverage. You stopped clapping now Gary?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 09:29 - Jul 26 with 721 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I’ve worked right through it too, even doing overtime to keep up with demand for our products.

Oh well done you!

I don’t know if your aim was to make yourself sound like a c*nt but if it was you’ve way exceeded expectations. A masterclass in trolling.

Things are going to change now with the NHS being put up for tender in the U.S.
Reflect on your words and attitude when you’re forking out for your hospital bed mate.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 09:37 - Jul 26 with 717 viewsNeath_Jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 18:02 - Jul 25 by Humpty

Pathetic isn't it?

I just don't understand how some people think like this. What do they get out of being unpleasant all the time?

Incredible mun.

It's a typical facebook post/attitude though unfortunately.

Someone posts some outlandish nonsense, a couple more share or like it, and it becomes fact.

Worrying for future generations when these attitudes are accepted.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 11:07 - Jul 26 with 677 viewsBillyChong

What an absolute mong. Oh yes, that SARS pandemic that shut down the country for months. Bit of a difference between standing on a production line all day to saving lives. Retard.
Login to get fewer ads

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 14:34 - Jul 26 with 646 viewsCatullus

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 21:54 - Jul 25 by controversial_jack

My wife worked on the covid wars in Morriston. when it was at it's peak and still does, although there are no covid patients there now.. She went in to do her shifts without any complaints, except when they weren't getting the correct PPE

She said it's our job and we aren't heroes - i think otherwise.I was on pins every time she went and came home. We had separate bedrooms for a few weeks and kept our distance.Every time she coughed or sneezed i would literally jump and think, is this it

It was a horrible time and I hope it doesn't have to be repeated
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 23:08]

You don't get many medical staff claiming to be heroes in the same way old soldiers don't do it. It doesn't make them any less of a hero though.

Our friend who had it was in the same position as you, going home to a segregated house, the family living apart in the same house whilst this was rising. She never faltered.

For myself I was extremely grateful to get a shielding letter because until then they had insisted on my wife going in to work, the letter came and they found a way for her to work from home. She's been told that come August 16th when shileding is paused, she will have to return to her office in Morriston. She's not medical but we were still worried about her going to the hospital every day, if we were that worried how must those on the wards have been feeling? Specially when their colleagues were dying. They still went though, that's the heroic part.
Please CJ, tell your wife how truly gratedful we are for people like her.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 14:43 - Jul 26 with 644 viewsSwanjaxs

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 11:07 - Jul 26 by BillyChong

What an absolute mong. Oh yes, that SARS pandemic that shut down the country for months. Bit of a difference between standing on a production line all day to saving lives. Retard.

All this and more, this virus has effectively made every country in the world close up shop.

But some still feel as if it's been one big overreaction...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 14:48 - Jul 26 with 638 viewsNeath_Jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 14:34 - Jul 26 by Catullus

You don't get many medical staff claiming to be heroes in the same way old soldiers don't do it. It doesn't make them any less of a hero though.

Our friend who had it was in the same position as you, going home to a segregated house, the family living apart in the same house whilst this was rising. She never faltered.

For myself I was extremely grateful to get a shielding letter because until then they had insisted on my wife going in to work, the letter came and they found a way for her to work from home. She's been told that come August 16th when shileding is paused, she will have to return to her office in Morriston. She's not medical but we were still worried about her going to the hospital every day, if we were that worried how must those on the wards have been feeling? Specially when their colleagues were dying. They still went though, that's the heroic part.
Please CJ, tell your wife how truly gratedful we are for people like her.

"they found a way for her to work from home".

I'm saying absolutely nothing

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 14:52 - Jul 26 with 634 viewsCatullus

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 14:48 - Jul 26 by Neath_Jack

"they found a way for her to work from home".

I'm saying absolutely nothing

You were wrong back then and you're wrong now. Until her manager said she could work from home, she couldn't work from home.

She could have refused to go to work I guess.

Have you managed to reconfigure her office yet so being 2 metres apart is possible? Or have you realised how daft it was to say you didn't need to see her office to know it could be done?

PS, if I hadn't gotten a shielding letter, she would have had to go into her office every day as all the rest of her colleagues have, seems none of them could work from home either.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 14:54]

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 14:57 - Jul 26 with 632 viewsNeath_Jack

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 14:52 - Jul 26 by Catullus

You were wrong back then and you're wrong now. Until her manager said she could work from home, she couldn't work from home.

She could have refused to go to work I guess.

Have you managed to reconfigure her office yet so being 2 metres apart is possible? Or have you realised how daft it was to say you didn't need to see her office to know it could be done?

PS, if I hadn't gotten a shielding letter, she would have had to go into her office every day as all the rest of her colleagues have, seems none of them could work from home either.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 14:54]

Oh f*ck off you silly tw@.

I was clearly joking with you, hence the winking smiley.

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 15:04 - Jul 26 with 626 viewsCatullus

Time for nhs workers perks to stop on 14:57 - Jul 26 by Neath_Jack

Oh f*ck off you silly tw@.

I was clearly joking with you, hence the winking smiley.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024