Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great debuts 15:08 - Jan 7 with 9774 viewsAntti_Heinola

Following on from the praise for Masterson, what are the best QPR debuts you've seen?

Clive Allen's is an obvious one, but I wasn't there. For me, Gareth Ainsworth stands out, brilliant debut v Blackpool. Lee Camp, first time. Jamie Mackie's was decent.

Others?

Bare bones.

Great debuts on 17:38 - Jan 7 with 1635 viewsstevec

Phenomenal memories some of you lot.

Plenty of good calls I'd forgotten about but as already mentioned, Clive Allen's debut and Stan's first game were stand outs.
Great debuts on 18:22 - Jan 7 with 1600 viewsenfieldargh

Great debuts on 16:09 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Peacock and Tilson in a 1-1 draw at Derby.

great debuts and the start of a new revolution

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Great debuts on 18:27 - Jan 7 with 1592 viewsenfieldargh

Great debuts on 15:38 - Jan 7 by windsorian

Paul Parker away to West Ham 1st game of the 87/88 season, he was fantastic absolutely loved watching him dominate bigger (stronger) players, always in my all time QPR 11

that game also saw debuts for

KEVIN BROCK wonder goal, what a player we have on our hands
DEAN CONEY big bustling centre forward

and 2nd best to Arnie

MARK DENNIS quite a few west ham players ended up in the chicken run that day. Loved this fella

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Great debuts on 19:11 - Jan 7 with 1548 viewsMrSheen

Ray Wilkins at Palace. I’d swallowed all that “crab” nonsense, what a revelation in the flesh.
Great debuts on 19:15 - Jan 7 with 1541 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Did Leroy Griffiths score a brace against Chelsea when we been them 3-2 one pre season?

He had Desailly in his pocket.
Great debuts on 19:31 - Jan 7 with 1511 viewsJoolz69

Doudou
Great debuts on 19:41 - Jan 7 with 1494 viewsMatch82

Remember Cole Kpekawa?
His most recent debut...did not go well.

Kpekawa made his Fortuna Liga debut against MFK Zemplín Michalovce in September 14, 2019.[31] In his debut match, Kpekawa was sent off in the 9th minute of the match, after he broke a leg of only 18 year old Matej Trusa. Later that day, Trusa was diagnosed with a double fracture of his right leg. It is expected to take approximately 12 months until he recovers.[32]

On 20 September 2019, Kpekawa was suspended for 6 months by the disciplinary committee of Slovak Football Association.[33]
Great debuts on 19:50 - Jan 7 with 1471 viewsterryb

I wasn't there, but did Tony Tagg make his debut in the 5-1 win at Derby?

It was certainly a debut for his partnership with Ron Abbot!
Login to get fewer ads

Great debuts on 20:00 - Jan 7 with 1459 viewsNorthLondonR

Didn't John Spencer bag a brace on his debut away at Elm Park against the fake hoops?
Great debuts on 20:02 - Jan 7 with 1456 viewsCamberleyR

Great debuts on 20:00 - Jan 7 by NorthLondonR

Didn't John Spencer bag a brace on his debut away at Elm Park against the fake hoops?

No, scored the first to put us one up ("I'm yer fúcking man!") but we lost 2-1.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 20:15]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Great debuts on 20:15 - Jan 7 with 1444 viewsCamberleyR

Not his debut but his full debut, Jeremy Charles got a brace against Everton at LR just before Christmas 1983. Did really well in his early appearances and scored a few goals but it seemed to go wrong for him when Venables left and Mullery took over who didn't play him.

Great debuts on 20:20 - Jan 7 with 1435 viewsted_hendrix

Great debuts on 20:02 - Jan 7 by CamberleyR

No, scored the first to put us one up ("I'm yer fúcking man!") but we lost 2-1.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 20:15]

I was there behind the goal and thought we won 2-1? didn't Mike £2.7 Million Sheron score as well?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Great debuts on 20:32 - Jan 7 with 1419 viewsDWQPR

Samba Diakite’s full debut at home to Fulham was the most memorable. What the fûck he must have been smoking before the game only then to go on a one man genocidal rampage until the ref finally got the guts to come out of the trenches to send him off. Has to be the best debut ever🤣
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 20:34]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Great debuts on 20:46 - Jan 7 with 1397 viewspaulparker

Paul Wright vs palace

Chris day against stoke was good
Ben Asker same game

Roy wegerle against Coventry

Ray Wilkins vs palace

Kyle Walker vs Ipswich

Sinton vs villa

Colin Clarke vs Newcastle

Kevin Brock vs West Ham

Denis Bailey vs Arsenal

Last but not least Paul Parker vs West Ham had Cottee in his pocket and was the best defensive display I’ve ever seen ( note to the media he was never a fcuking right back )

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Great debuts on 20:51 - Jan 7 with 1393 viewsCamberleyR

Great debuts on 20:20 - Jan 7 by ted_hendrix

I was there behind the goal and thought we won 2-1? didn't Mike £2.7 Million Sheron score as well?

No, Spencer signed November 1996, Sheron the following close season after his one and only 20 goal season.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/reading-v-queens-park-rangers-23-november-1996-180
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 20:52]

Great debuts on 21:11 - Jan 7 with 1367 viewsW12SG2

John Byrne, came on as sub at carrow road 1984, 30 yard volley hit the bar with his first touch. Lost 3-0 though, bstards
Great debuts on 21:12 - Jan 7 with 1364 viewsloftus77

Great debuts on 16:05 - Jan 7 by ngbqpr

Waddock v Charlton. Can picture him now!

Crikey..I can remember this game. Didn't Clive Allen score a penalty (past Nicky Johns in goal for Charlton?). I'm pretty sure this win took us to the top of the league - a first for me as a very young Rangers fan.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 21:13]
Great debuts on 21:24 - Jan 7 with 1346 viewsted_hendrix

Great debuts on 20:51 - Jan 7 by CamberleyR

No, Spencer signed November 1996, Sheron the following close season after his one and only 20 goal season.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/reading-v-queens-park-rangers-23-november-1996-180
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 20:52]

Fair do's mate I got my away games a bit confused.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Great debuts on 21:57 - Jan 7 with 1304 viewsloftboy

Andy Sinton scores the winner on his debut, Villa if I remember rightly.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Great debuts on 22:05 - Jan 7 with 1292 viewsCiderwithRsie

Great debuts on 21:11 - Jan 7 by W12SG2

John Byrne, came on as sub at carrow road 1984, 30 yard volley hit the bar with his first touch. Lost 3-0 though, bstards

Yeah, Johnny Byrne was on my mind too, couldn't remember the actual game though. He'd had a memorable match against us for York City in the cup, too.

Trevor Francis's impact as a player was huge for me, though again I can't remember who it was against, i just remember thinking "wow, this is a bit special" - it was when the English game was going through that long-ball bollocks and he was a throw back to the Bowles-(G) Francis era but still playing when all of those heroes had retired.

Not his debut, but for one game vs ManUre Andy Gray looked like God in hoops.

But the best actual debut match I can remember was Kevin Brock. The fact that it was Paul Parker's debut too and that parker was brilliant tells you just how good Brock was pulling the strings in the most comprehensive demolition of what was supposed to be a top side in their own backyard I've ever seen.
Great debuts on 23:22 - Jan 7 with 1238 viewssmegma

Great debuts on 16:00 - Jan 7 by hamptonhillhoop

I was at Gary Waddock's debut, when he was 17. Can't remember who it was against but I think we won 4-0. It was 41 years ago!
Was also there for Clive Allen's hat trick against Coventry but I don't think that was his debut
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 16:06]

It was his first start not his debut.
Great debuts on 23:29 - Jan 7 with 1225 viewssmegma

Great debuts on 21:57 - Jan 7 by loftboy

Andy Sinton scores the winner on his debut, Villa if I remember rightly.

Almost. He made his debut at Hillsborough in a 2-0 win with Falco and Martin Allen scoring 20 yard screamers. Two days later he scored in the home game v Villa on Easter Monday.
Great debuts on 23:50 - Jan 7 with 1210 viewsqueensparker

Great debuts on 17:05 - Jan 7 by Northernr

We won that in the kit room. Hottest day I can ever remember in London, easily 100 degrees pitch side, Blackpool turned up in an all black strip.

That was my birthday, so I convinced a load of mates and my new girlfriend to come down.

It was so hot (one of the hottest days in the UK on record) that a young kid puked all over someone near us, and my girlfriend spent the game stuck to to a sweaty tubby gentleman's arm next to her who was wearing a wife-beater.

Last game for her at Rangers funnily enough, but she's now my wife so all good
Great debuts on 23:51 - Jan 7 with 1209 viewstimcocking

Lovely little interview with Masterson there...

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/what-an-unbelievable-feeling/
Great debuts on 02:42 - Jan 8 with 1184 viewsSydneyRs

Great debuts on 15:38 - Jan 7 by windsorian

Paul Parker away to West Ham 1st game of the 87/88 season, he was fantastic absolutely loved watching him dominate bigger (stronger) players, always in my all time QPR 11

It would be hard to believe for anyone who didn't actually see it, but Parker regularly won battles in the air against big tall strikers . Alan Smith of Arsenal aprings to mond as one I recall Parker somehow outjumping to win headers.

Fantastic player for us, one of the best I've seen.

That West Ham game was magnificent. Tore them a new one at Upton Park on the opening day in beautiful sunshine. In fact the first two months of that season were amazing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024