Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) 15:10 - Mar 10 with 16207 viewsRodingdale

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 19:16 - Mar 10 with 3486 viewsBartRowou

How do you spell schadenfreude?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 19:24 - Mar 10 with 3465 viewsTVOS1907

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 18:30 - Mar 10 by Ninco

The traffic was not all people going to the rugby. The gates were closed, so as fans were arriving, they were stopping in the middle of the road and questioning the stewards on why they weren't being allowed in and where they could park. The build up of traffic was people stuck behind them who couldn't get past while they were blocking the road.

Ah, right, cheers for clearing it up.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 20:00 - Mar 10 with 3356 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 19:16 - Mar 10 by BartRowou

How do you spell schadenfreude?

I'll let you know at the end of the season.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 23:23 - Mar 10 with 3118 viewsrobtheb

Hornets CEO said on Radio Manchester that one of the post's was put up but blew down.

After yesterday's game the pitch was not looking good and had cut up quite bad. By the time I was leaving after the game the ground staff were marking out the pitch for rugby, so I assume no work was carried out on the pitch prior to the cover going on.
(The floodlights were on into Saturday evening so some prep work may have been done)

I sympathise with Hornets as they cannot control the weather which caused H&S issues, but if they had played today in the weather conditions we had, I doubt Tuesday's game would have gone ahead because the pitch would have been trashed.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 02:11 - Mar 11 with 3035 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 18:21 - Mar 10 by hammerdale

Quite obvious to me Rochdale Football Club did not want the game to go ahead.

Sounds to me like Hornets staff couldn`t be arsed to do anything to get the game on. I suppose if you have an amateur club you can only expect amateurish results whether it be on or off the pitch. I`m sick of Hornets fans accusing the football club of doing underhand things to hold their club back in one way or another. You hold yourselves back perfectly well without any help from anyone else.

I think it is pretty obvious that many Dale fans wouldn`t give a toss if rugby was never played on the pitch ever again.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 02:40 - Mar 11 with 3030 viewspioneer

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 02:11 - Mar 11 by RooleyMoorBlue

Sounds to me like Hornets staff couldn`t be arsed to do anything to get the game on. I suppose if you have an amateur club you can only expect amateurish results whether it be on or off the pitch. I`m sick of Hornets fans accusing the football club of doing underhand things to hold their club back in one way or another. You hold yourselves back perfectly well without any help from anyone else.

I think it is pretty obvious that many Dale fans wouldn`t give a toss if rugby was never played on the pitch ever again.

worth remembering that it was money from the sale of the athletic grounds that helped purchase the ground under the title of denehurst park. It was only in the last year or so that we bought out the partners in denehurst park (rochdale council and, by then, the rugby league)

Without (the old) hornets organisation coming into the deal we might not have a club to support now. We had no money, they had no ground, it took two (actually three) to tango.

They have every right to be disappointed and concerned about what happened.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 04:42 - Mar 11 with 3011 viewshammerdale

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 02:11 - Mar 11 by RooleyMoorBlue

It was the football club staff who"couldn't be arsed" as I understand the Head Groundsman has the final say, he is employed by Rochdale Football Club.Nothing to do with a match coming up on Tuesday of course.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 07:53 - Mar 11 with 2918 viewsscarrow

Hornets fans on Twitter blaming Dale and calling the football club a disgrace!!

Poll: Final position

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 08:24 - Mar 11 with 2876 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 07:53 - Mar 11 by scarrow

So are the York fans. There will be repercussions from this. Possibly a fine etc.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 8:25]
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 08:29 - Mar 11 with 2862 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 02:40 - Mar 11 by pioneer

worth remembering that it was money from the sale of the athletic grounds that helped purchase the ground under the title of denehurst park. It was only in the last year or so that we bought out the partners in denehurst park (rochdale council and, by then, the rugby league)

Without (the old) hornets organisation coming into the deal we might not have a club to support now. We had no money, they had no ground, it took two (actually three) to tango.

What Hornets did once they had sold their soul to the highest bidder has absolutely nothing to do with what happened yesterday, but it doesn`t surprise me someone deemed it necessary to throw that old chestnut into the fire. Hornets have had a bee in their bonnet about "saving" the football club ever since. It may be fact that they did, but you could also say but for Fred Ratcliffe or if certain club officials had got their votes in on time, there would not be a football club in the football league or even a club in existence at all.

If the football club had not been so patient with the more recent financial mismanagement of the rugby club, then the boot could literally be on the other foot.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 8:56]
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 08:35 - Mar 11 with 2847 viewsSandyman

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 07:53 - Mar 11 by scarrow

Oh dear. If they find the arrangements at Spotland so unacceptable, as they have done for years, perhaps they should consider moving to another venue where they'd be happier, or even building their own stadium.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 10:38 - Mar 11 with 2684 viewspioneer

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 08:35 - Mar 11 by Sandyman

Oh dear. If they find the arrangements at Spotland so unacceptable, as they have done for years, perhaps they should consider moving to another venue where they'd be happier, or even building their own stadium.

another revenue stream gone just as we are trying to find new revenue from our biggest asset.

Great thinking.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 10:45 - Mar 11 with 2663 viewsMoonyDale

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 10:38 - Mar 11 by pioneer

another revenue stream gone just as we are trying to find new revenue from our biggest asset.

Great thinking.

Revenue stream? From Hornets, funniest thing I've read on here for ages....They pay a nominal fee for rent and that's it, and before bar takings are mentioned as far as I'm aware the football club do not get all the profits, they only get a cut of them...Hornets are tennants and nothing more, if they don't like it they can move......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 12:57 - Mar 11 with 2528 views49thseason

It's a fair bet that the cost of repairing the damage to the pitch caused by rugby is more than the amount received in rent from Hornets

It might once have been the case that whilst the Leader of the council attended Rugby matches and was responsible for the contract for a large loan on the ground that keeping Hornets happy was a good idea, but as the loan has now been paid off, maybe keeping Hornets quite as happy is no longer such a priority.

Maybe the answer to this problem is to sort out a training facility that can also be used for Hornets matches rather than the COA. Has anyone got a spare few million quid?
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 13:08 - Mar 11 with 2505 viewsmingthemerciless

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 12:57 - Mar 11 by 49thseason

It's a fair bet that the cost of repairing the damage to the pitch caused by rugby is more than the amount received in rent from Hornets

It might once have been the case that whilst the Leader of the council attended Rugby matches and was responsible for the contract for a large loan on the ground that keeping Hornets happy was a good idea, but as the loan has now been paid off, maybe keeping Hornets quite as happy is no longer such a priority.

Maybe the answer to this problem is to sort out a training facility that can also be used for Hornets matches rather than the COA. Has anyone got a spare few million quid?

I've seen photographs of the pitch taken at the end of Saturday's game and it's in the same mess that it's been in for the last few years. Hornets have played about 3 games on it and we've had a mild winter. You can bury your head in the sand ( no pun intended ) but until the real issues are addressed this looks likely to happen time and time again.
I suspect if Hornets do leave the pitch will still need repairing and there would be no rent/bar takings to help with the cost of the repairs.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 13:11]
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 13:19 - Mar 11 with 2470 viewsMoonyDale

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 13:08 - Mar 11 by mingthemerciless

I've seen photographs of the pitch taken at the end of Saturday's game and it's in the same mess that it's been in for the last few years. Hornets have played about 3 games on it and we've had a mild winter. You can bury your head in the sand ( no pun intended ) but until the real issues are addressed this looks likely to happen time and time again.
I suspect if Hornets do leave the pitch will still need repairing and there would be no rent/bar takings to help with the cost of the repairs.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 13:11]

Like I said, the rent is nominal and we don't get all the profits from the bar, wouldn't think it would be a huge loss to the club if Hornets were not there.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 13:28 - Mar 11 with 2455 viewsBrierls

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 02:40 - Mar 11 by pioneer

As you've pointed out, the Rochdale Hornets that 'saved' Dale by contributing to the purchase of Spotland (not benefitting Hornets at all, obviously) ceased to exist in 2009.

Hornets, or whatever they're calling themselves this week, are simply tenants. If the decision was made to preserve the battered pitch for Tuesday's game, then well done to all involved. Hornets fans can moan and groan all they like, any good will was blown out of the water by the constant financial piss taking years ago.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 14:10 - Mar 11 with 2376 viewshammerdale

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 13:28 - Mar 11 by Brierls

As you've pointed out, the Rochdale Hornets that 'saved' Dale by contributing to the purchase of Spotland (not benefitting Hornets at all, obviously) ceased to exist in 2009.

Hornets, or whatever they're calling themselves this week, are simply tenants. If the decision was made to preserve the battered pitch for Tuesday's game, then well done to all involved. Hornets fans can moan and groan all they like, any good will was blown out of the water by the constant financial piss taking years ago.

And as tenants they have certain rights.Part of the tenancy agreement is that the groundstaff assist in the preparation of a Hornets match. Hornets have a duty to the rugby league, their own fans and their opponents to stage the match.

Rochdale football club can't just decide that because the Hornets game might cause a postponement of a Rochdale match, the Hornets game should be called off. Of course this has happened in the past , fans of both clubs know what goes on, but at least the football club had the nowse to either call it off the day before or early on the day of the match.To allow the York team and supporters to travel is scandalous.no matter which club you follow.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 15:29 - Mar 11 with 2235 viewsSandyman

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 14:10 - Mar 11 by hammerdale

And as tenants they have certain rights.Part of the tenancy agreement is that the groundstaff assist in the preparation of a Hornets match. Hornets have a duty to the rugby league, their own fans and their opponents to stage the match.

Rochdale football club can't just decide that because the Hornets game might cause a postponement of a Rochdale match, the Hornets game should be called off. Of course this has happened in the past , fans of both clubs know what goes on, but at least the football club had the nowse to either call it off the day before or early on the day of the match.To allow the York team and supporters to travel is scandalous.no matter which club you follow.

RAFC did not "just decide......the Hornets game should be called off" . You have absolutely no evidence of that. Nor any of the other occasions where you accuse RAFC of calling Hornets matches off. The notion is ridiculous. Surely it is the match referee who has the final say. The Hornets CEO said this:

http://hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/52477/club-statement

Do you think he is lying?
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:03 - Mar 11 with 2184 viewskel

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 15:29 - Mar 11 by Sandyman

RAFC did not "just decide......the Hornets game should be called off" . You have absolutely no evidence of that. Nor any of the other occasions where you accuse RAFC of calling Hornets matches off. The notion is ridiculous. Surely it is the match referee who has the final say. The Hornets CEO said this:

It’s good that Hornets fans have the freedom to post on this forum. Try saying anything that doesn’t suit them on theirs and see how long you last.

Set of bitter, outdated, old school aresholes.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 16:07]
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:14 - Mar 11 with 2158 viewsMolly

He also apparently said on the radio that one of the sets of posts was erected but blew down. That hardly seems to fit with the accusation that RAFC " just decided that the Hornets game should be called off. "

Hornets fans seem a strange and bitter bunch.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:26 - Mar 11 with 2124 viewsmingthemerciless

As I understand it the groundsman has the final say regarding putting the posts up. He can point to " Health & Safety " issues and who's going to over rule him these days ? Of course a Director could have said " Do you really want to be the groundsman here or would you prefer another job somewhere less challenging ? " Without the posts there can be no game. On Sunday for whatever reason he didn't put the posts up or clear the pitch of the covers for that matter. As my mum used to say " What can't speak can't lie ". That tells me all I need to know irrespective of what the Hornets chief exec says.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 16:38]
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:37 - Mar 11 with 2085 viewshammerdale

Just a good diplomat.I prefer the York Chairman's version of events.
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:49 - Mar 11 with 2047 viewshammerdale

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:03 - Mar 11 by kel

It’s good that Hornets fans have the freedom to post on this forum. Try saying anything that doesn’t suit them on theirs and see how long you last.

Set of bitter, outdated, old school aresholes.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2019 16:07]

Bitter.....never
Outdated... probably it's an age thing
Old School...definitely
Arsehole..consider myself a quite reasonable person really but I respect your opinion
Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:55 - Mar 11 with 2027 viewskel

Hornets game called off?? (n/t) on 16:49 - Mar 11 by hammerdale

Bitter.....never
Outdated... probably it's an age thing
Old School...definitely
Arsehole..consider myself a quite reasonable person really but I respect your opinion

And I yours, but the large majority of Hornets fans I’ve met have been all of the above but perhaps wrong of me to tar you all with the same brush.

The ones who refer to the football club as “The AFC” really need to realise how lucky they are though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024