Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Financial Crisis at the Dale? 16:26 - Dec 17 with 23349 viewssmaclad1

I’ve heard it suggested that the club’s financial affairs are not all they might be, and such is the issue that at least one player will need to be sold in January.

All this comes on the back of a reported loss from last season. Despite what we might think about previous player sales with add-ons, the cup run and associated TV money, and owning our ground, I understand that good sources have said that relaying the pitch and buying the ground contributed to last season’s state of affairs, while this season the windfall payments have dried up, we’re overspending on the player budget and the reduced price season ticket offer have all taken their toll on this season’s budget.

This seems to have been coming for some time now. All this was, I have been informed, was known about and lurking in the background before the boardroom unrest was made public.

Very worrying.
Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:11 - Dec 21 with 1420 viewsRAFCBLUE

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 09:03 - Dec 21 by aleanddale

I think its a case of the best time to fix the roof is when the sun is ( was ) shining.

We were lucky to have the ready cash available at just the right time. Everybody is in agreement that the buying of the club was the correct thing to do.

I don't think there is a financial crisis.

I don't thing we have pots of cash to throw at any gambles.

We need to remain prudent as we always have in recent times and stick to a plan and the formula that has proved so successful in recent years.

I strongly suspect whilst we have some cash in the bank it would only take 1 barren season and a relegation to put us in a position where budgets might have to be trimmed accordingly or a player sale ( Camps? ) might be necessary.

I'd agree with you.

Companies House shows:

Year ending 31st May 2016 - club net assets £1.5m; cash at bank £620k
Year ending 31st May 2017 - club net assets £2.9m; cash at bank £504k

For the year to 31st May 2018 well on the field:
* League 1 status was retained
* The FA Cup run vs Tottenham saw seven games, two on TV with the last at Wembley.
* The Checkatrade run being beaten by Lincoln saw a better return than the previous season.

I'd estimate that for the 31st May 2018 year we were broke even or better.

The would leave the club well positioned financially this year, the biggest risk being guarding against financial complacancy.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:36 - Dec 21 with 1375 viewsDaleiLama

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 19:24 - Dec 17 by 49thseason

£2k a week, jeez, it would have been cheaper to send Steve Davis to a health farm for the Summer and give him a personal trainer and at least we would have a goal scorer.
Calvin seems like a pleasant enough bloke but if true he is getting 4 times a week what he is worth to the team. Eye-watering.

From what I understand, Steve Davies isn't going to be lured back to football anytime soon as he now has a lucrative pop music career. I heard him earlier singing the Christmas no. 1 ……. " I left Bradford City, I left Bradford City for sausage rolls"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:38 - Dec 21 with 1372 viewsJames1980

Any remote possibility we are at risk of a FFP sanction?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:41 - Dec 21 with 1366 viewsTVOS1907

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:38 - Dec 21 by James1980

Any remote possibility we are at risk of a FFP sanction?

No

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:46 - Dec 21 with 1353 viewsJames1980

Financial Crisis at the Dale? on 21:41 - Dec 21 by TVOS1907

No

Excellent, just thought possibly that would be a reason to increase money coming into the club PDQ.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024