Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. 06:41 - Oct 1 with 8474 viewspeenemunde

A lot of the big earners off the books and the finances under control, and the team seem to be plodding along nicely.
Well done Mr chairman.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:25 - Oct 1 with 1026 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:15 - Oct 1 by ohsusannah

Was the plan to utilise under 23s to go into a full season ,their first at this level ,or simply the case that ,given the dross purchased , they were the only option. That they have come good is most welcome and has got Mr Jenkins off the hook.

No way we're they ever going to allow Jenkins to lose more money .

Potter is a dream come true for him

Was it the plan togrow and source young players for the benefit of SCFC in the future?

Without doubt it was.

This is what we're seeing. But bear in mind it's only really one guy we're talking about anyway, and that's Joe Rodon. Yeah Byers has come in the last couple of games and all credit to him but we're not exactly relying on him, he's there on merit. Same for Baker Richardson.

Roberts and McBurnie were EPL players.

Everyone's getting their knickers in a twist about our youngsters but it's been a very slow and methodical approach. And much slower in their eyes than anyone else's. They've been desperate for league minutes for years and they don't see this as premature, they see it as long overdue

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:26 - Oct 1 with 1026 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:19 - Oct 1 by jack247

It is their club. They bought it. Just like I bought my house and my car.

Yes, you’re probably right, it is going to turn into a silly battle of semantics. I suppose it’s down to interpretation. If people want to view Levein and Kaplin as the club, that’s their prerogative. I just see them as custodians.

If you were granted complimentary tickets to the directors box, you would be there as guest of the club.

Clue in there somewhere.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:31 - Oct 1 with 1020 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:15 - Oct 1 by ohsusannah

Was the plan to utilise under 23s to go into a full season ,their first at this level ,or simply the case that ,given the dross purchased , they were the only option. That they have come good is most welcome and has got Mr Jenkins off the hook.

Yep.

We werent investing in the U23 side just for a laugh were we. It was a very useful insurance policy. It allowed us to harbour a lot of the income into the playin staff, which is a tactic that allowed us to stay up at the top table for 7 seasons in a row and blow away everyone’s expectations in making this the most successful era in our entire history.

To moan because we got relegated 7 years after we were expected to is ludicrously stupid. But I have explained this in painstaking detail on more than one occasion.

We stayed in the PL for 7 years and now sit 3 points off automatic promotion back there... and have done it by making a transfer profit over that whole time. Utterly outstanding work.

Those that say otherwise are lying.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:36 - Oct 1 with 1013 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:26 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

If you were granted complimentary tickets to the directors box, you would be there as guest of the club.

Clue in there somewhere.

Are Kaplan and Levein the only people who can grant complimentaries to the directors box?
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:46 - Oct 1 with 998 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:36 - Oct 1 by jack247

Are Kaplan and Levein the only people who can grant complimentaries to the directors box?

Irrelevant to the point I made.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:02 - Oct 1 with 985 viewsjackal

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 08:15 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

What do you mean by “strip the club clean”?

Are you suggesting that they are keeping the money from player sales?

I mean asset stripping.

If we get promoted, do you think that they will invest in the club?

You and Res/2nd coming have got great faith in them to take our club forward. That means a big investment.

Do you genuinely think they will pay what is needed to create a successful Premiership club?

I would dearly love to believe that thy have our club's best interests at heart. But I really don't think so.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:07 - Oct 1 with 978 viewsohsusannah

I do agree young players are the future bit sorry, no way would they be playing had we not wasted Siggy profit on the likes of Clucas. What has led to these youngsters being given the chance was the abject incompetence to bring back the likes of Bony ,a busted flush ,on huge money which is and has impacted on our sourcing players .

It IS a case in point Mr Jenkins is lucky in some areas. Potter was a gamble and it s paying off and frankly, that s all that concerns me .

Huge game at Wigan tomorrow . A win will set us up to make it three in a row against the tractor boys.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:09 - Oct 1 with 974 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:02 - Oct 1 by jackal

I mean asset stripping.

If we get promoted, do you think that they will invest in the club?

You and Res/2nd coming have got great faith in them to take our club forward. That means a big investment.

Do you genuinely think they will pay what is needed to create a successful Premiership club?

I would dearly love to believe that thy have our club's best interests at heart. But I really don't think so.

The assets were not “stripped” they were sold to help the club financially. Anything else would have been gross negligence.

Do I think they will invest their own money if promoted? I hope not, as should you.

Login to get fewer ads

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:14 - Oct 1 with 968 viewsE20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:07 - Oct 1 by ohsusannah

I do agree young players are the future bit sorry, no way would they be playing had we not wasted Siggy profit on the likes of Clucas. What has led to these youngsters being given the chance was the abject incompetence to bring back the likes of Bony ,a busted flush ,on huge money which is and has impacted on our sourcing players .

It IS a case in point Mr Jenkins is lucky in some areas. Potter was a gamble and it s paying off and frankly, that s all that concerns me .

Huge game at Wigan tomorrow . A win will set us up to make it three in a row against the tractor boys.

The transfer market has been a huge success for us and continues to be so. We stayed up in the Premier League for an incredible 7 years straight, won a major trophy, got to the knock out stages of Europe, now look to be competing at the top end of this division - all while making a profit.

All of those transfer decisions led to us now having one of the most exciting young squads we have had in a long time.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:29 - Oct 1 with 948 viewsTom1912

I'm by no means a fan of Jenkins but I don't think it's fair to say the U23s have come good and got Jenkins off the hook, when it was Jenkins investment in the youth team and infrastructure over our 7 years in the PL that has produced us an U23 team to draw from.

His transfer business the last few years has been abysmal but the club deserve credit for the level they took the U23 team to while we were in the PL.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:35 - Oct 1 with 942 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:25 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

Yes, yes they did.

Do you think they just put their own through the managerial phone book and just landed on Potter? They had a plan of how they wanted the team to play and how we go forward as a club. They appointed Potter as the man to do that. How we play is down to them, make no mistake.

You just said yourself you think they signed Celina. They signed the other new players too, as well as implement the plan to tap into te success if our U23 team. If the fans had their way McBurnie, Rodon, Fulton et al would still be rotting on the sidelines while their opportunity was taken away by further mercenary types as they are being described as.

Mate, those players are playing because we got relegated on the Americans watch and couldn’t afford not to play them. They have been brilliant and it’s a joy to watch, but let’s not pretend getting players off the books and promoting youth is a masterplan.

As for Potter, yes, he’s been incredible. I don’t look at these things myopically and give the Americans and Jenkins all the credit in the world for appointing him.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:41 - Oct 1 with 934 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:35 - Oct 1 by jack247

Mate, those players are playing because we got relegated on the Americans watch and couldn’t afford not to play them. They have been brilliant and it’s a joy to watch, but let’s not pretend getting players off the books and promoting youth is a masterplan.

As for Potter, yes, he’s been incredible. I don’t look at these things myopically and give the Americans and Jenkins all the credit in the world for appointing him.

Anyone not giving credit to 'the Club' for everything to do with our under 23's is a fraud and a liar.

And that very simple sentence is the proverbial case closed.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:43 - Oct 1 with 930 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 11:46 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

Irrelevant to the point I made.

Not at all. The trust presumably have access to complimentary tickets. I wouldn’t class them as the club either
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:48 - Oct 1 with 920 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:43 - Oct 1 by jack247

Not at all. The trust presumably have access to complimentary tickets. I wouldn’t class them as the club either

They don't have access to comps at all. They are allowed seats in the Directors box because they have a Director in the football club.

But they don't get any comps at all.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. (n/t) on 13:07 - Oct 1 with 884 viewsjackal

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:09 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

The assets were not “stripped” they were sold to help the club financially. Anything else would have been gross negligence.

Do I think they will invest their own money if promoted? I hope not, as should you.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. (n/t) on 13:07 - Oct 1 with 884 viewsjackal

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:09 - Oct 1 by E20Jack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 13:07 - Oct 1 with 883 viewsomarjack

imo, If we manage a top 6 finish even if we lose in the play offs, that would be a good season all things considered.

I'm proud of the players, the coach (the best one we're had since Rodgers, he might have saved us from relegation last season instead of Carvalhal) and the way we're playing in most matches (Birmingham and Bristol we were atrocious though)

Up the Swans. We're doing great even though with a bit of backing we could have been nailed on for promotion.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. (n/t) on 13:09 - Oct 1 with 883 viewsjackal

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. (n/t) on 13:07 - Oct 1 by jackal

Sorry. don't know what happened there. Grandson pushed my keys.

Anyway, if we go up what will happen?
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. (n/t) on 13:10 - Oct 1 with 879 viewsomarjack

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. (n/t) on 13:09 - Oct 1 by jackal

We'll hope Huw and the owners learn from their mistakes.

Small odds though.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. (n/t) on 13:11 - Oct 1 with 877 views_

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. (n/t) on 13:09 - Oct 1 by jackal

We'll build on our wonderfully superb platform.

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 13:15 - Oct 1 with 873 viewsjack247

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. on 12:41 - Oct 1 by _

Anyone not giving credit to 'the Club' for everything to do with our under 23's is a fraud and a liar.

And that very simple sentence is the proverbial case closed.

This is kind of my point. 100% credit to the club for the U23s, the academy, Joe Rodon, Connor Roberts etc. You can’t really credit Levein and Kaplan for much of that.
So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. (n/t) on 13:19 - Oct 1 with 869 viewsjackal

So i take it everyone is happy with the way the season has started. (n/t) on 13:11 - Oct 1 by _

We'll build on our wonderfully superb platform.

Without investing in some new players?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024