Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books 16:43 - Jan 19 with 11979 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-moving-stalemate-rotherham-danny-ward-bos

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/holloway-qpr-idrissa-sylla
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 21:25 - Jan 19 with 3056 viewsBurnleyhoop

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 21:05 - Jan 19 by WestbourneR

Doesn't matter what the Rotherham manager says is the price it's the board that decides and they're very much a selling club - I think if we get to £2.5 million they'll sell.

From what Rotherham fans are saying he's been absolutely outstanding so I'd say he's worth it. Particularly if Washington was worth £2.5 million from League One.

Actually I'd offer Rotherham £1 million and Conor Washington, they might fancy that.

Good shout, Washington has dropped down the pecking order and used as player plus cash deal sorts the ffp dilemma.

As for Sylla, think he has great potential, but looked like he couldn't be arsed with chasing down defenders mid way through the second half, despite looking like he still had plenty in the tank. Just hope the unnecessary public dressing down doesn't affect his game.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 21:28 - Jan 19 with 3025 viewsrsonist

Other thing about Ward is that Huddersfield are owed a huge sell-on from any sale, 40-50% I think. A player swap might be a canny way around that for them.

Then again one of the bids they rejected was from Huddersfield, so who knows what they're thinking.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 21:33 - Jan 19 with 2997 viewsrsonist

The Sylla shaming is not great but if it's true that he was missing training sessions before then I'd suppose Ollie felt he had to put his foot down and nip it in the bud.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 21:36 - Jan 19 with 2989 viewsichbinnaughty

Surprised that no one has put two and two together (we need a striker; and Les's Tottenham agenda) and come up with an adebayor yet:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/19/emmanuel
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 22:28 - Jan 19 with 2894 viewsPunteR

Two things I noticed about Sylla at Reading. He does look a bit lazy and he wont header the ball if he can help it.
Other than that I thought he played well. Was it Lua Lua that came on instead?. I didn't think it was a particularly bad substitution at the time. There's obviously more going on between Ollie and Sylla.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 22:39 - Jan 19 with 2860 viewsichbinnaughty

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 22:28 - Jan 19 by PunteR

Two things I noticed about Sylla at Reading. He does look a bit lazy and he wont header the ball if he can help it.
Other than that I thought he played well. Was it Lua Lua that came on instead?. I didn't think it was a particularly bad substitution at the time. There's obviously more going on between Ollie and Sylla.

A shame if so - I like Sylla.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 22:44 - Jan 19 with 2840 viewsBrightonhoop

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 22:39 - Jan 19 by ichbinnaughty

A shame if so - I like Sylla.

Think Ollie had to break LuaLua in and Cilla should have accepted it. He's done more to undermine his position than Ollie. Guess with Polter going vying for the same position he wonders for himself. That's Ollies job. To make him understand. Not bllock him in the press.
Now Cilla needs to step up. We shall see.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 23:26 - Jan 19 with 2723 viewsbosh67

Rotherham want £5m for Ward. Well, good luck with that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 00:05 - Jan 20 with 2654 viewsGloryHunter

Regarding Sylla, I'm with Ollie on this one. If you don't want to be hooked, then don't look tired.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 09:07 - Jan 20 with 2359 viewsPinnerPaul

Soooooooo when Sylla leaves and/or is dropped without a word from the club , everyone says "WTF is that all about?"

People moan about lack of transfer news from the club, mocking the 'First and fastest" tag, yet when an update IS given, that's wrong as well.

As someone said earlier in the week, these 3 wins in a row have made it really difficult for some on here who have to have SOMETHING to fret over.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 09:18 - Jan 20 with 2324 viewsbarbicanranger

In Ollie I trust.

Got to have and set standards (something sadly lacking from LR for a good few years), would have been done for a reason.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 09:40 - Jan 20 with 2284 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I think Ollie is feeling quite emboldened by that win last Thursday and this might explain his approach here.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 09:51 - Jan 20 with 2251 viewsichbinnaughty

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 22:44 - Jan 19 by Brightonhoop

Think Ollie had to break LuaLua in and Cilla should have accepted it. He's done more to undermine his position than Ollie. Guess with Polter going vying for the same position he wonders for himself. That's Ollies job. To make him understand. Not bllock him in the press.
Now Cilla needs to step up. We shall see.

"Guess with Polter going vying for the same position he wonders for himself."

Eh? Polter plays for Union Berlin now.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 10:27 - Jan 20 with 2179 viewsJamie

Holloway in not actually a great man manager shocker.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 10:44 - Jan 20 with 2147 viewsPinnerPaul

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 10:27 - Jan 20 by Jamie

Holloway in not actually a great man manager shocker.

So letting players throw strops without saying anything to them is good man management?
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 11:06 - Jan 20 with 2018 viewsJamie

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 10:44 - Jan 20 by PinnerPaul

So letting players throw strops without saying anything to them is good man management?

As you well know PP, a proper man manager sorts it out behind closed doors.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 11:29 - Jan 20 with 1981 viewsThe_Mole

I really don't see what the problem is here?

I like Sylla and thought he did ok vs. Reading but sadly looked leggy and lethargic throughout and before the substitution was made I was saying to my brother that I would take him off for Lua Lua and move Mackie up top to do the running.

If Holloway is asked an honest question by the press, why should he lie?

For once, we've got a bit of honesty running through the ranks and I like that! Too often we tip toe around the truth and try and be too PC!!
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 11:36 - Jan 20 with 1970 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 11:29 - Jan 20 by The_Mole

I really don't see what the problem is here?

I like Sylla and thought he did ok vs. Reading but sadly looked leggy and lethargic throughout and before the substitution was made I was saying to my brother that I would take him off for Lua Lua and move Mackie up top to do the running.

If Holloway is asked an honest question by the press, why should he lie?

For once, we've got a bit of honesty running through the ranks and I like that! Too often we tip toe around the truth and try and be too PC!!

Because digging your players out to the press is almost always a bad idea. By all means boll0ck them in private, but players have to trust managers and vice versa. He didn't kick a bottle, he didn't rip his shirt off, he didn't refuse a handshake. He looked pished off. Big effing deal.
You must've been watching a different game to me. I couldn't believe it when he took him off - he was causing all kinds of problems and Reading were barely containing him. Think their defenders were delighted to see him go.
I don't think you know what PC means.

Bare bones.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 11:43 - Jan 20 with 1956 viewsDorse

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 11:36 - Jan 20 by Antti_Heinola

Because digging your players out to the press is almost always a bad idea. By all means boll0ck them in private, but players have to trust managers and vice versa. He didn't kick a bottle, he didn't rip his shirt off, he didn't refuse a handshake. He looked pished off. Big effing deal.
You must've been watching a different game to me. I couldn't believe it when he took him off - he was causing all kinds of problems and Reading were barely containing him. Think their defenders were delighted to see him go.

Is it 'Penis Cushion'?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 11:56 - Jan 20 with 1946 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 11:43 - Jan 20 by Dorse

Is it 'Penis Cushion'?

Yes it is.

I don't think what Ollie said is that bad - i just think it's inadvisable. Fine when you're a pundit to say that, but sometimes it's better to say less.

Bare bones.

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 12:30 - Jan 20 with 1892 viewsDeepcutHoop

I thought Sylla was excellent and worked hard against Reading.

I was initially surprised by the substitution as he was playing well, but it made sense given it was his first game back after an injury, and he had done a lot of running. Absolutely no problem with Sylla looking disappointed at being subbed, it didn't strike me as OTT at the time, it wasn't petulant IMO, he didn't exactly have a tantrum.

Very surprised at Olly digging him out in a presser, unless there was any fallout after the game we weren't party to. Either way I'm not sure why Olly needed to mention it again, it could very easily have passed without being raised.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 13:08 - Jan 20 with 1848 viewsThe_Mole

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 11:36 - Jan 20 by Antti_Heinola

"You must've been watching a different game to me. I couldn't believe it when he took him off - he was causing all kinds of problems and Reading were barely containing him."

And that is what having an opinion is all about!

I just think players have too much say and power these days (maybe I'm slightly old school) but I think it's refreshing when they're reminded who's actually in charge!
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 13:34 - Jan 20 with 1809 viewsswisscottage

Its one thing being disappointed with your manager's decision and disagreeing with it, it another thing showing that in a dissenting manner in front of other people.

If Olly was to have a one to one behind close doors with Sylla where everything is kept between them, there will be other players possibly thinking he let Sylla's dissent/disrespect slide. Then others standards of behavior slide, and then it becomes harder to get them all back in line.

In this instance I believe Olly was right. Nip it in the bud, and nip it hard and do it in an arena where everyone that the message is relevant to can see it.
In this instance it isn't just about the players that are here, its also about any players we are looking to sign.

From my view, they will be looking at Olly, as the sort of person they can have a joke with on the training ground, the sort of manager who carries himself with honor and respect for others that he expects in return, and the sort of manager you don't cross. If as a player they return the same level of respect that he expects, then he is the sort of manager that will move heaven and earth for them... just take a look at the chance he gave to Clarke Carlisle whilst also being firm and ordering him off the team bus, where other managers would have got the club fixers to hide it all, and ship him out at the earliest opportunity.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 14:03 - Jan 20 with 1773 viewswood_hoop

Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 00:05 - Jan 20 by GloryHunter

Regarding Sylla, I'm with Ollie on this one. If you don't want to be hooked, then don't look tired.

+ 1

Sylla may think he is one of our 'star players' as we are not overflowing with strikers at this time, he threw the strop in front of thousands, not exactly the way to react to your managers decision, maybe a word with Ollie in the dressing room or even better just the two of them,IH then having to justify his decision to Sylla and Sylla being allowed to disagree and make his point without a comeback from IH.
Ward off and Sylla in the bad books on 14:06 - Jan 20 with 1764 viewsngbqpr

Gareth Ainsworth. There was a man who knew how to leave the field when hooked.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024