Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . 20:11 - Dec 11 with 8580 viewsicecoldjack

Seem to be giving him a right slating, wondering when he will win a header ! They don't seem happy with his contribution at all and just think he's an average older defender schooled in the lower leagues.

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/28108-ashley-williams/page-9#entry549

Bit harsh or not ?

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 13:21 - Dec 12 with 1954 viewsswancity

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 20:36 - Dec 11 by Dr_Winston

£12m was a good price.

Our defensive woes this season are more about a lack of quality coaching and organising rather than the absence of Ash.

Sorry jobs your wrong again

We've definitely missed Ashley. He's been a great leader and organiser at the back always leading by example with consistent displays at the heart of our defence.

He had a good understanding and partnership with Fernandez and Monk as well as Chico Flores but without him we lack leadership on the pitch and Amat apart we lack quality at centre back this season too.

Having said that Ash was poor for Everton at Watford, possibly his worst game in a long time. And it could cost him his place too.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Everton fans not on 13:40 - Dec 12 with 1930 viewsDewi1jack

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 09:11 - Dec 12 by LeonWasGod

Any truth in the rumour they're trying to persuade Dennis Lawrence to make a comeback?

Shouldn't even joke about things like that in case they come true.
Kevin W anchor is playing Semi Pro football for Sutton.
Get our old pairings back together- we'll definitely be going places then

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 13:48 - Dec 12 with 1910 viewstomdickharry

Terrific player over many years for us.
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 13:50 - Dec 12 with 1907 viewswaynekerr55

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 08:16 - Dec 12 by WarwickHunt

Manager wants to cash in on an ageing player with too much power in the dressing room and previous for being a bit of an uppity, troublemaking cûnt?

Colour me surprised.

Quelle surpise?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 14:46 - Dec 12 with 1845 viewsandypitt56

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 08:11 - Dec 12 by AnotherJohn

Ash could have been a legend here, but all we'll remember now is that he jumped ship and left us in trouble. There is no way the Everton fans will recall his time with them with any great degree of affection. I wonder if he'll find that worth the extra couple of million and the disruption of moving to Merseyside.

Ash is a Swansea legend. 2 promotions, the league cup and led us on our European adventure. A times he has won us points on his own!
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 16:10 - Dec 12 with 1778 viewsAnotherJohn

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 14:46 - Dec 12 by andypitt56

Ash is a Swansea legend. 2 promotions, the league cup and led us on our European adventure. A times he has won us points on his own!

I'm afraid the nature of his departure does change things for me - especially if the season ends with relegation. What's that that Darren says?
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 16:19 - Dec 12 with 1769 viewsairedale

Perhaps they're bringing in Tom Carroll to replace Ash. Well he'd be £2mill cheaper so there's a bit of profit there, and he's younger too. Win win.
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 17:29 - Dec 12 with 1706 viewsFar_Post

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 20:34 - Dec 11 by dickythorpe

His heading at goal is hilarious. You just know he has no idea where the ball is going to end up. His he scored in the Euros is beyond me, plus for us at the Emirates it came off his shorts!!!

We always used to refer to him as 'Toblerone head' where i sat in the East. His heading was pot luck where the ball would end up.

Still one of the best defenders i have seen in a Swans shirt though.

Blog: The C Word

Login to get fewer ads

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 17:58 - Dec 12 with 1669 viewsVetchitBack

I'd call some of this revisionist but to be fair he'd get slated on here when still with us.

A leader, rock and damn good defender with limitations which all but the world class few have.

Shambles since he left.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 19:26 - Dec 12 with 1606 viewsjasper_T

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 17:58 - Dec 12 by VetchitBack

I'd call some of this revisionist but to be fair he'd get slated on here when still with us.

A leader, rock and damn good defender with limitations which all but the world class few have.

Shambles since he left.

His main limitations are things 95% of professional centrebacks do have; height and knowing how to head a football properly.

And marking his man on corners.
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 19:34 - Dec 12 with 1594 viewsSwanjaxs

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 20:37 - Dec 11 by dickythorpe

Somethings happened to his hairstyle as well.

Definitely! His barnet looks a bit like Tom Jones nanas hair effort...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 20:06 - Dec 12 with 1551 viewsgrampajack

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 09:16 - Dec 12 by WarwickHunt

That rumour has legs.

Probably just a pipe (cleaner) dream though.

just another tall story
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 14:27 - Dec 13 with 1430 viewsAussieSwan

Just another ex-player finding out the grass isn't always greener on the other side

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 15:08 - Dec 13 with 1393 viewsandypitt56

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 16:10 - Dec 12 by AnotherJohn

I'm afraid the nature of his departure does change things for me - especially if the season ends with relegation. What's that that Darren says?

The nature of how he went changed your opinion?? really? He is 32, hes been a rock for swansea since he signed. He could have left swansea at lot earlier than he did. this was his last chance to get a change of scenery. I certainly dont have any bad feelings towards the way he left. Perhaps you're are just being bitter because we are in a relegation fight, we would still be in this position even with ash in the team, the whole squad is weaker not just because he is gone.
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 17:00 - Dec 13 with 1328 viewsicecoldjack

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 15:08 - Dec 13 by andypitt56

The nature of how he went changed your opinion?? really? He is 32, hes been a rock for swansea since he signed. He could have left swansea at lot earlier than he did. this was his last chance to get a change of scenery. I certainly dont have any bad feelings towards the way he left. Perhaps you're are just being bitter because we are in a relegation fight, we would still be in this position even with ash in the team, the whole squad is weaker not just because he is gone.

Ash has been after a move for the last 5 yrs. Nobody of note ever came calling so he stayed here, let's not pretend he is loyal to the core,he is a professional and will always look to better himself.

Did well for us ,had some world class games and had some stinkers,usually after a wales game, think he got too big for his boots around 2 yrs ago myself, his ego was a but too much towards the end so I've been told.
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 17:43 - Dec 13 with 1241 viewsharryhpalmer

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 17:00 - Dec 13 by icecoldjack

Ash has been after a move for the last 5 yrs. Nobody of note ever came calling so he stayed here, let's not pretend he is loyal to the core,he is a professional and will always look to better himself.

Did well for us ,had some world class games and had some stinkers,usually after a wales game, think he got too big for his boots around 2 yrs ago myself, his ego was a but too much towards the end so I've been told.

he was average for us in his last two seasons as a defender, in comparison to what we had seen from him in the past.

He's been average for Everton this season.

is that because his powers have been on the wane, or the fact he has missed the little maestro sweeping up in front of him?

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 17:52 - Dec 13 with 1230 viewsStarsky

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 17:43 - Dec 13 by harryhpalmer

he was average for us in his last two seasons as a defender, in comparison to what we had seen from him in the past.

He's been average for Everton this season.

is that because his powers have been on the wane, or the fact he has missed the little maestro sweeping up in front of him?

This.
Anyone remember how many goals we let in last year from set pieces, mostly corners.
We're missing more as a leader than a footballer

It's just the internet, init.

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 18:45 - Dec 13 with 1176 viewsEasternJack

Too early to call the Swansea curse?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 20:06 - Dec 13 with 1113 viewspencoedjack

Mare by ash
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 20:06 - Dec 13 with 1113 viewsjackjackjackjack

Doing well tonight. Injured one of his own team, and has deflected a goal into the Everton net.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Everton fans not on 21:29 - Dec 13 with 1047 viewsmax936

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 20:06 - Dec 13 by jackjackjackjack

Doing well tonight. Injured one of his own team, and has deflected a goal into the Everton net.

Sorry Jackjackjackjack didn't mean to quote you, just laughing cause he's scored.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2016 21:34]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 21:29 - Dec 13 with 1040 viewspencoedjack

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 20:34 - Dec 11 by dickythorpe

His heading at goal is hilarious. You just know he has no idea where the ball is going to end up. His he scored in the Euros is beyond me, plus for us at the Emirates it came off his shorts!!!

Top post
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 21:30 - Dec 13 with 1039 viewsSwansNZ

Everton fans not on 21:29 - Dec 13 by max936

Sorry Jackjackjackjack didn't mean to quote you, just laughing cause he's scored.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2016 21:34]

hit the right part of that 50p

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 21:30 - Dec 13 with 1027 viewsMorganator100

think he has grown into the game.

Just scored what might be the winner with a fine header.
Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 21:34 - Dec 13 with 996 viewsraynor94

Everton fans not "touched" by Ash . on 21:29 - Dec 13 by pencoedjack

Top post

Whoops!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024