Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nigel Owens 20:33 - Oct 29 with 9723 viewsDarran

Please tell me I'm not the only one sick of hearing and seeing this bloke?

He's the f*cking referee FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nigel Owens on 20:34 - Oct 29 with 3617 viewsJackfath

Homophobe.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Nigel Owens on 20:41 - Oct 29 with 3593 viewsCooperman

He likes the sound of his own voice too much. Also now that the general public are fast becoming his fan club he's starting to play on it. I wish he'd STFU.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Nigel Owens on 20:46 - Oct 29 with 3576 viewsmonmouth

Nigel Owens on 20:41 - Oct 29 by Cooperman

He likes the sound of his own voice too much. Also now that the general public are fast becoming his fan club he's starting to play on it. I wish he'd STFU.

He genuinely thinks it's all about him, not the players and his media mates are promoting his nonsense. He is registered with quite a few PR agencies and is utterly self obsessed. He'll be practicing his patter for Saturday and he's not even reffing. With Owens on the field, McCaw is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Nigel Owens on 20:48 - Oct 29 with 3560 viewsdgt73

No you're not the only one. It would have been great for Wales to get the final - being a Welshman , but also so that tit wouldn't be the ref. it won't be about Australia v New Zealand, it'll be the Nigel Owens show and thank fuk the Swans are playing.......so I don't have to watch the final.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Nigel Owens on 20:58 - Oct 29 with 3526 viewsNeath_Jack

Well done Nigel, you're making Wales proud.

Overcome depression and homophobic abuse to be one of the best rugby referees in the world.

Da iawn.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Nigel Owens on 21:03 - Oct 29 with 3517 viewsClinton

It's a bit pathetic really, like the hoo-ha when you had English referees doing the football World Cup final.
You want your team in the final, not your ref.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Nigel Owens on 21:07 - Oct 29 with 3502 viewsCooperman

The only people I know who praise the guy are those that didn't play the game at any level because they didn't like sport / pain / getting dirty, but who are now the authority on anything to do with the modern era.

Those involved in the game don't seem to have much time for the chap.

Nigel Owens on 21:17 - Oct 29 with 3476 viewsJack_Meoff

Nigel Owens on 21:07 - Oct 29 by Cooperman

The only people I know who praise the guy are those that didn't play the game at any level because they didn't like sport / pain / getting dirty, but who are now the authority on anything to do with the modern era.

Is that a fact? I've only heard decent things. Do you have names/links? Genuinely curious.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Login to get fewer ads

Nigel Owens on 21:18 - Oct 29 with 3472 viewsAquinas

Great referee.

But once again like G.Thomas he is more than happy to let his sexuality eclipse his performances on the pitch.
Nigel Owens on 21:20 - Oct 29 with 3466 viewsItchySphincter

It's as if you have to like him because he's gay.

He's an attention seeking self promoting tw@t.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Nigel Owens on 21:34 - Oct 29 with 3424 viewsJack_Meoff

Is he one of the five people that own that hamburger place?

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Nigel Owens on 22:01 - Oct 29 with 3367 viewsKilkennyjack

I think he is a top bloke. Hope the final goes well for him.

Beware of the Risen People

Nigel Owens on 22:02 - Oct 29 with 3359 viewsJohnw102

The Howard Webb of Rugby.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Nigel Owens on 22:03 - Oct 29 with 3359 viewsDarran

Nigel Owens on 22:01 - Oct 29 by Kilkennyjack

I think he is a top bloke. Hope the final goes well for him.

He's the bloody ref.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nigel Owens on 00:30 - Oct 30 with 3211 viewsSwansNZ

Nigel Owens on 22:03 - Oct 29 by Darran

He's the bloody ref.

He's in the final mun - he should go and get the cup, bring it back to Wales, not leave those Aussies or Kiwis take it home.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Nigel Owens on 00:36 - Oct 30 with 3205 viewsacejack3065

Nigel Owens on 21:07 - Oct 29 by Cooperman

I played rugby for all my youth and I don't see anything wrong with Wales celebrating the fact that Owens is reffing the final.

My old man is still heavily involved in 2nd division rugby and has met him on several occasions. He has nothing but good to say of him and I don't know of many in rugby circles that think otherwise.

He's an openly gay sportsman in Britain which is rarer than rocking horse sh*t and its 2015. He is one of a few people taking the lead in fostering a sporting society where it is acceptable to be gay. Good on him.

There are plenty of celebs out there that are only famous for no more than existing yet they don't endure the same scorn from the same corner of planet swans posters. Being gay isn't just an attribute thats acknowledged and moved on from in British sport, especially in football rugby. It seems that some posters are having difficulty with the concept of an openly gay sports personality.

It's no wonder gay footballers are reluctant to come out because the second they do Darran will be the first to say how no-one cares and how everyone is sick of the circus. Fantastic display of empathy and understanding there folks!
Nigel Owens on 00:51 - Oct 30 with 3196 viewsTreforys_Jack

Nigel Owens on 00:36 - Oct 30 by acejack3065

I played rugby for all my youth and I don't see anything wrong with Wales celebrating the fact that Owens is reffing the final.

My old man is still heavily involved in 2nd division rugby and has met him on several occasions. He has nothing but good to say of him and I don't know of many in rugby circles that think otherwise.

He's an openly gay sportsman in Britain which is rarer than rocking horse sh*t and its 2015. He is one of a few people taking the lead in fostering a sporting society where it is acceptable to be gay. Good on him.

There are plenty of celebs out there that are only famous for no more than existing yet they don't endure the same scorn from the same corner of planet swans posters. Being gay isn't just an attribute thats acknowledged and moved on from in British sport, especially in football rugby. It seems that some posters are having difficulty with the concept of an openly gay sports personality.

It's no wonder gay footballers are reluctant to come out because the second they do Darran will be the first to say how no-one cares and how everyone is sick of the circus. Fantastic display of empathy and understanding there folks!

Great post, not really sure about the last paragraph, but up till then, pretty much nailed it.
Nigel Owens on 00:59 - Oct 30 with 3193 viewsJack_Kass

Narcissistical bellend. Especially when it comes to his snarling remarks about 'soccer', he embodies the typical rugby fan who only like their sport because it's 'not soccer'.

Did you know that he's gay by the way?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Nigel Owens on 01:05 - Oct 30 with 3192 viewsWanderer

Anyone who has overcome a suicidal depression to get on with their life is okay with me.
Nigel Owens on 02:05 - Oct 30 with 3163 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wish some of the football refs managed the game with as much common sense and empathy as him to be honest.
Nigel Owens on 03:19 - Oct 30 with 3149 viewsphact0rri

From what I've seen of him on the pitch he's made some sketchy calls here or there... but he keeps his presence known and doesn't back down to pressure. And honestly in a final full of heart and conviction thats the kind of ref I want to see on the pitch.

And while I'll free admit having enjoyed his autobiography, what it comes down to has less to do with the man and more to do with how he handles a match. Top shelf choice welsh or not IMHO.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Nigel Owens on 06:41 - Oct 30 with 3097 viewsjack247

You often hear about football learning a lot from rugby, one thing that rugby could learn from football is that the best refs are the ones you hardly notice.

I'm sure he is one of the best in the world at reffing and clearly commands respect on the pitch, but the spectacle should be the players, not the referee. Also not a big fan of him putting football down with his snidey little quips, imagine the grief Howard Webb would have had if he was mic'd up and demeaning other sports during games.

I can see why ref cam works, the rules are more complex in rugby and it does help tv viewers understand why the refs make certain calls, but I doubt it was ever intended to make them box office.
Nigel Owens on 06:55 - Oct 30 with 3085 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nigel Owens on 00:59 - Oct 30 by Jack_Kass

Narcissistical bellend. Especially when it comes to his snarling remarks about 'soccer', he embodies the typical rugby fan who only like their sport because it's 'not soccer'.

Did you know that he's gay by the way?

Aww to be fair to him he's not trying to make capital out of it like Gareth Thomas! Not in the same league

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Nigel Owens on 08:03 - Oct 30 with 3016 viewsCooperman

Nigel Owens on 06:41 - Oct 30 by jack247

You often hear about football learning a lot from rugby, one thing that rugby could learn from football is that the best refs are the ones you hardly notice.

I'm sure he is one of the best in the world at reffing and clearly commands respect on the pitch, but the spectacle should be the players, not the referee. Also not a big fan of him putting football down with his snidey little quips, imagine the grief Howard Webb would have had if he was mic'd up and demeaning other sports during games.

I can see why ref cam works, the rules are more complex in rugby and it does help tv viewers understand why the refs make certain calls, but I doubt it was ever intended to make them box office.

Indeed. There was no need whatsoever for his on mic one liner that went along the lines of 'I'm straighter than your line out throw'.

He'll be on I'm A Celeb in the future, you mark my words.

Nigel Owens on 08:07 - Oct 30 with 3009 viewsNeath_Jack

Nigel Owens on 08:03 - Oct 30 by Cooperman

Indeed. There was no need whatsoever for his on mic one liner that went along the lines of 'I'm straighter than your line out throw'.

He'll be on I'm A Celeb in the future, you mark my words.

How can you say there was no need for it?

Maybe it's his way of dealing with his situation, to make light of it? Until you are in his position, you have no idea of the demons he has had to deal with.

So what if he goes on I'm a Celeb, does that make him less of a person than you? Does it make him a poorer referee?

It's easy to knock other people isn't it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024