Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card 17:48 - Aug 10 with 10195 viewsMarryGonk

Cheeky b*stards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33855839

Marry Gonk's Barmy Army!

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 09:12 - Aug 11 with 2901 viewsjasper_T

Players should be booked for deliberately rubbing out the line of vanishing spray.
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 16:06 - Aug 11 with 2713 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Didn't take long to get an answer.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 16:07 - Aug 11 with 2710 viewsjacktar

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 16:06 - Aug 11 by Tummer_from_Texas

Didn't take long to get an answer.

Just read it on the BBC website. Quite right too!

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 16:32 - Aug 11 with 2638 viewsdantheswansman

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 07:50 - Aug 11 by swanduck

I thought Carragher explained most eloquently how/why it was a red card last night.

Will be stunned if the card gets overturned, amazed they've bothered appealing it.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2015 7:51]

Were there subtitles then ? Cannot understand a word that comes out his mouth and after reading his column in the Daily Mail it`s a blessing in disguise.
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 16:47 - Aug 11 with 2588 viewsdobjack2

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 23:29 - Aug 10 by JonJack

It's utterly ridiculous that this is still being debated and appealed. Gomis is putting the ball into an empty net with Cahill two yards behind if Courtois does not foul him and if that isn't a goal scoring opportunity then I don't know what is.

I'll assume Chelsea will fail in their appeal but the damage is done again for all clubs outside the top four. Referees will again be reminded that any decision against the top 4 teams will be debated for days and days (even if they are correct) and they will just find it easier to give the decision in favour of the "big club" because after all who gives a toss a day or so later if something goes against "little old Swansea".

What would be great is if Courtois could be given an extra game ban to send a message to these big time charlies about appealing decisions but as others have said the FA don't have the balls. Let's hope they aren't completely stupid by rescinding the ban which would be damaging further for the rest of the league.

It was nailed on that they would appeal, they were hoping to get it overturned but will take ramping up the pressure on the officials.
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 17:23 - Aug 11 with 2511 viewsOldjack

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 16:07 - Aug 11 by jacktar

Just read it on the BBC website. Quite right too!

Good ,did he get an extra one game ban aswell ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 17:29 - Aug 11 with 2502 viewslidojack

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 17:23 - Aug 11 by Oldjack

He'll just miss the one game according to the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33868976
[Post edited 11 Aug 2015 17:29]
Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 17:44 - Aug 11 with 2470 viewsOldjack

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 17:29 - Aug 11 by lidojack

He'll just miss the one game according to the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33868976
[Post edited 11 Aug 2015 17:29]

One game for a straight red ,is this right ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:33 - Aug 11 with 2384 viewsEdmundo

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 17:44 - Aug 11 by Oldjack

One game for a straight red ,is this right ?

If it was considered violent play would have been a three game ban.

As far as I could see, it wasn't violent and no injuries incurred, so overall correct decision. Maybe the additional game would have taught Chelsea a lesson, but not fair on the keeper, who took it well I thought.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 19:00 - Aug 11 with 2346 viewsOldjack

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 18:33 - Aug 11 by Edmundo

If it was considered violent play would have been a three game ban.

As far as I could see, it wasn't violent and no injuries incurred, so overall correct decision. Maybe the additional game would have taught Chelsea a lesson, but not fair on the keeper, who took it well I thought.

high boot missed his nuts by inches, i'd call that a bit violent

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 20:47 - Aug 11 with 2236 viewsSwansNZ

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 09:12 - Aug 11 by jasper_T

Players should be booked for deliberately rubbing out the line of vanishing spray.

I think Oliver forgot his spray for the first half.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 20:48 - Aug 11 with 2229 viewsSwansNZ

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 17:23 - Aug 11 by Oldjack

As I said earlier, all appeals that fail should automatically add an extra game ban.

Clubs should only appeal if there clearly has been an error by the ref. Most appeals are done just on the hope that it will get overturned, which is not right.

I think in the rugby league (NRL at least), if a player contests a charge against him and fails, then he gets a longer ban.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 06:46 - Aug 13 with 2017 viewsEdmundo

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 20:48 - Aug 11 by SwansNZ

As I said earlier, all appeals that fail should automatically add an extra game ban.

Clubs should only appeal if there clearly has been an error by the ref. Most appeals are done just on the hope that it will get overturned, which is not right.

I think in the rugby league (NRL at least), if a player contests a charge against him and fails, then he gets a longer ban.

Maybe its only the Welsh FA who only hand out extra game bans and only to us

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Chelsea appeal against Thibaut Courtois red card on 16:54 - Aug 13 with 1888 viewscanhecatchit

Yep remember Andy Robinson and Garry Monk getting 3 matches and ending up with 5 after appealing them

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024