Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word 23:57 - Feb 3 with 2708 viewsbosh67

I have no idea but looking back since Les came in and saw what was going on.

I think he told TF not to waste any money on players for a manager who wouldn't be here next season
I think he told TF that the entire culture was wrong at the club
I think he probably told the board that it had to start balancing the books to avoid a huge FFS fine
I think he said if the club was to change that there were to be no more high wage signings
I think Mutch and then the way Zarate got handled were the final straw, because I doubt Les was responsible for the chaos of pissing off the only other forward the team has around bar the two available by trying to offload him against league rules
I think he probably told the board that if we stay up that only a handful of players won't go and that if we go down that we'll build on a totally new ethic.
I think he told TF and the board that the only way to get out of the hole the club is falling into is to stop pouring money on it and get the basic product right.

I suspect Les will offer Hill and possibly Faurlin coaching positions next season
I think he will bring in Trevor Sinclair to do what he has been doing since he came
I think he will ask Brevett to come back and coach
I suspect he will sell off most players earning over £25K a week and introduce a wage cap of £25K
I suspect he will accelerate the academy and that the players here next season from the current set up will be McCarthy, Yun, Henry, Onuoha, Harriman, Ehmer, Sutherland, Manning, Andrade, Furlong, Petrasso, Donaldson, Robinson, Hoilett, Phillips and possibly Taraabt.
He'll teach these guys plus additions how to play the QPR way with Sinclair
I suspect that Charlie will, to be fair, move to a top ten team, Caulker, Sandro will be sold. Barton, SWP, Traore, Ferdinand and Dunne will all be out of contract and released. Isla and Vargas will go back to their clubs
Hill will be offered a coaching role
If Faurlin can't play he will be offered a coaching role
I think he will radically revolutionise the scouting part of the club and we'll see a lot of younger, hungrier players coming in on realistic wages and add ons
He'll build the club on proper principals, ethics, budget and with a do or die attitude to attack and entertain

Either that or he'll make a complete bollox of it
[Post edited 3 Feb 2015 23:58]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 23:59 - Feb 3 with 2682 viewsBasingstokeR

I like the way you have rebranded the FFP as an "FFS Fine"
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 00:06 - Feb 4 with 2643 viewsdaveB

I said at the time he came back this was a game changer and Les being here could really change things going forward.

I hope you are right Bosh and I think he should be given these next 2 games and the club take a week to think about who the best man is for the job, no point rushing in because honestly what difference is a new man going to make on Monday when we have a game on Tuesday night.

Whoever the new manager is I want it to be someone who is desperate for the job and will fight hard not only to get the job but to keep it as well. We've not had someone like that since Holloway
[Post edited 4 Feb 2015 0:08]
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 00:12 - Feb 4 with 2618 viewsColinr

Just love the punch line at the conclusion. Thanks 😄
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 00:13 - Feb 4 with 2608 viewsWeaverQPR

The worrying factor being TF and Beard quite obviously ain't got a clue whats going on under their noses. After 4 years maybe a lesson finally has been learnt with the appointment of LF.

@WeavQPR

I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 00:23 - Feb 4 with 2568 viewsHunterhoop

I would love all of that, Bosh. All of it. We'd get our Rangers back. I'd also get David Bardsley back in an instant.
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 00:29 - Feb 4 with 2547 viewsJuzzie

Les will need to work 30 hours a day 8 days a week!

But it would be good.
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 02:37 - Feb 4 with 2390 viewsWeaverQPR

Seems Les has all the badges and fancies the job himself according to John Cross of D.Mirror

@WeavQPR

I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 04:57 - Feb 4 with 2333 viewsSt_Christopher

I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 00:23 - Feb 4 by Hunterhoop

I would love all of that, Bosh. All of it. We'd get our Rangers back. I'd also get David Bardsley back in an instant.

The Bard bleeds blue and white to this day and I'll bet a phone call to establish new links is on Les's 'to do' list.

https://twitter.com/academyqprusa

They mostly come out at night, mostly!

Login to get fewer ads

I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 05:16 - Feb 4 with 2325 viewsozexile

I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 04:57 - Feb 4 by St_Christopher

The Bard bleeds blue and white to this day and I'll bet a phone call to establish new links is on Les's 'to do' list.

https://twitter.com/academyqprusa

He's exactly the guy we need. Lets get rangers men in from top to bottom. Let kids know straight away that they're coming to a special club.
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 08:03 - Feb 4 with 2096 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'd love to see all that - well, apart from selling Charlie obviously, but so it goes - including Bardsley back on the staff.

I think you're a bit optimistic, but that makes a nice change. Here's hoping, eh
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 08:21 - Feb 4 with 2041 viewskropotkin41

Super post. I'm just going to spend today believing that that is all going to come about. Bosh, you are the Prophet of Optimism.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 09:33 - Feb 4 with 1908 viewsballbag

I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 09:44 - Feb 4 with 1877 viewsTHEBUSH

I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 00:06 - Feb 4 by daveB

I said at the time he came back this was a game changer and Les being here could really change things going forward.

I hope you are right Bosh and I think he should be given these next 2 games and the club take a week to think about who the best man is for the job, no point rushing in because honestly what difference is a new man going to make on Monday when we have a game on Tuesday night.

Whoever the new manager is I want it to be someone who is desperate for the job and will fight hard not only to get the job but to keep it as well. We've not had someone like that since Holloway
[Post edited 4 Feb 2015 0:08]

I don't see the point in giving Les a couple of games, he's not gonna be our next manager imo.

I can' t see Les looking any further than Sherwood, can you ?
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 09:48 - Feb 4 with 1868 viewsrobith

What I love about the whole Ferdinand thing is he was clearly appointed as some kind of fop to the fans, but cares so much for the club and has such drive that he has started to effect some actual change
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 09:48 - Feb 4 with 1866 viewseghamranger

I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 09:44 - Feb 4 by THEBUSH

I don't see the point in giving Les a couple of games, he's not gonna be our next manager imo.

I can' t see Les looking any further than Sherwood, can you ?

Someone on here saying Sherwood doesn't have the right coaching badges, les does!!

Don't shoot the messenger.

Prefer Sir Les myself. What does TS have in common with QPR.
I think Sir Les may have had a serious word on 12:30 - Feb 4 with 1735 viewsYorkRanger

Good post Bosh and some interesting thoughts/ideas there.

My only concern is whether Sir Les has the experience to drive all this through. Sure he has the enthusiasm and love of the club, but will that be enough?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024