Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OT : Cricket World Cup 09:14 - Jan 29 with 9566 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Not long to wait for this now. Looking at the format you would think we would be strong enough to get through the group stage (although Bangladesh would be a bit of a worry), but I can't really see us getting much further than the QF unless the draw does us a favour or two.

Australia or the Saffers to win it for me, with New Zealand and Pakistan dark horses from either side of the draw. So get your money on India.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

OT : Cricket World Cup on 23:03 - Mar 7 with 1107 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 22:19 - Mar 7 by Osbourne

Get ready for this everyone :

England v Bangladesh Monday 9th March 3:30 - that's Monday morning for us in UK. It will be on Sky and Radio. Is it Radio 4 or Radio 5 sports extra? I'm not sure, probably both.

England have got to win this one. In Adelaide I think.

Then beat Afghanistan as well. In Sydney I think. Osbourne will check venues and date / time of the Afghanistan game and report back!

Good luck boys.

Osbourne back!

Yes, England v Bangladesh game being played in Adelaide.

England v Afghanistan game in Sydney on Friday 13th March at 3:30.

Osbourne has just looked at the Group A table though.
Bangladesh already have 5 points. England only have 2 points.

England have obviously got to beat both Bangladesh and Afghanistan. England then have 6 points.

Bangladesh have still got to play England and New Zealand (In Hamilton on Friday 13th March at 1:00). Therefore, even if they lose to England, if they then beat New Zealand they have 7 points to England's 6.

Blimey, but no. England will beat Bangladesh and Bangladesh are never going to beat New Zealand.

Is Osbourne correct on all this? I'm going to look at the tables again and report back. I read a newspaper today and there was no mention of "What if Bangladesh beat New Zealand?" I need to check this.

Osbourne will be back when he has had a look at the mathematics of it all again!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 23:10]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 23:19 - Mar 7 with 1103 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 23:03 - Mar 7 by Osbourne

Osbourne back!

Yes, England v Bangladesh game being played in Adelaide.

England v Afghanistan game in Sydney on Friday 13th March at 3:30.

Osbourne has just looked at the Group A table though.
Bangladesh already have 5 points. England only have 2 points.

England have obviously got to beat both Bangladesh and Afghanistan. England then have 6 points.

Bangladesh have still got to play England and New Zealand (In Hamilton on Friday 13th March at 1:00). Therefore, even if they lose to England, if they then beat New Zealand they have 7 points to England's 6.

Blimey, but no. England will beat Bangladesh and Bangladesh are never going to beat New Zealand.

Is Osbourne correct on all this? I'm going to look at the tables again and report back. I read a newspaper today and there was no mention of "What if Bangladesh beat New Zealand?" I need to check this.

Osbourne will be back when he has had a look at the mathematics of it all again!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 23:10]

Osbourne again,

Yep, Osbourne recons he is right on this.

That 1 point that Bangladesh got for the abandoned game with Australia could potentially cause a problem.

Australia and Sir Lanka still to play each other. But they both still have Scotland to play also.

So, the only thing that England can do is beat both Bangladesh and Afghanistan and trust that Bangladesh do not beat New Zealand.

Blimey, it really is all very tight for England now. Imagine if there was another abandoned game?

Blimey.

I read somewhere that all England had to do was win their next 5 matches and they had won the 2015 cricket World Cup. Either Osbourne's mathematics has gone "bish bang bong wrong" or that Journalist was Richard Head!
OT : Cricket World Cup on 19:43 - Mar 8 with 1069 viewscamberwell1

OT : Cricket World Cup on 16:13 - Feb 22 by Osbourne

England v Scotland starts tonight, Sunday night, 22:00 GMT in Christchurch.

Ian Bell says : "If we can play some good cricket in the next 4 (games v Scotland, Sir Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan) it puts us in a good place going into the next round (Quarter Finals)."

2 points a certainty for England tonight.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 16:14]

Bangladesh tonight - another Oyston humiliation for Eng & Wales on the cards !
OT : Cricket World Cup on 02:27 - Mar 9 with 1061 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 23:19 - Mar 7 by Osbourne

Osbourne again,

Yep, Osbourne recons he is right on this.

That 1 point that Bangladesh got for the abandoned game with Australia could potentially cause a problem.

Australia and Sir Lanka still to play each other. But they both still have Scotland to play also.

So, the only thing that England can do is beat both Bangladesh and Afghanistan and trust that Bangladesh do not beat New Zealand.

Blimey, it really is all very tight for England now. Imagine if there was another abandoned game?

Blimey.

I read somewhere that all England had to do was win their next 5 matches and they had won the 2015 cricket World Cup. Either Osbourne's mathematics has gone "bish bang bong wrong" or that Journalist was Richard Head!

Good luck to the boys tonight v Bangladesh from Osbourne.

Starts 3:30 UK time today.

Cheer O.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 08:59 - Mar 9 with 1050 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 02:27 - Mar 9 by Osbourne

Good luck to the boys tonight v Bangladesh from Osbourne.

Starts 3:30 UK time today.

Cheer O.

The boys are well on the road to victory.

England chasing Bangladesh's 275.

England already 60 odd for 1 off about 13 overs.

Osbourne is pretty sure that England well get there. Bell still in the other opener has been run out.

Group A has become tight for the 3rd and 4th qualifying places - England, Sir Lanka and Bangladesh. Osbourne is pretty sure that England will take one of these places. England could still even get 3rd place (6 points) due to run rate.

Keep going boys. 276 is not too far away. Loads of overs and wickets remaining.

Geoffrey will be cheering them on!

Osbourne's winning report to follow.

Cheer O.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 8:59]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 09:07 - Mar 9 with 1046 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

OT : Cricket World Cup on 08:59 - Mar 9 by Osbourne

Osbourne is pretty sure that England well get there. Bell still in the other opener has been run out.

Group A has become tight for the 3rd and 4th qualifying places - England, Sir Lanka and Bangladesh. Osbourne is pretty sure that England will take one of these places. England could still even get 3rd place (6 points) due to run rate.

Cheer O.

I'll have to take issue with you about one thing Oz. Unless Sri Lanka lose their last game there is no way we can get to 3rd pace. And they play Scotland. Plus their run rate is over a run a game better than ours , I think.

The best we can hope for is fourth place, and a game with India in the QF. That will be very tough.

I'm thinking that it will line up something like :

India v England
South Africa v Sri Lanka
Pakistan v Australia
West Indies v New Zealand
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 9:09]

OT : Cricket World Cup on 11:28 - Mar 9 with 1028 viewscamberwell1

Ian Bell says : "If we can play some good cricket in the next 4 (games v Scotland, Sir Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan) it puts us in a good place going into the next round (Quarter Finals)."

This has got to be the worst Eng one day side ever - thank god I came home !
OT : Cricket World Cup on 11:50 - Mar 9 with 1026 viewscamberwell1

Told yer !
Login to get fewer ads

OT : Cricket World Cup on 12:20 - Mar 9 with 1015 viewsscratchingshed

OT : Cricket World Cup on 11:50 - Mar 9 by camberwell1

Told yer !

You're as bad as predicting cricket matches in the same way you are as predicting Blackpool matches Ozzie.

Pathetic.

No not you I mean England cricket team.

Mind you poor old Bazbob is just as bad telling us all how the quarter finals will pan out.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 12:25]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 12:23 - Mar 9 with 1010 viewsmoney_money_money

OT : Cricket World Cup on 11:50 - Mar 9 by camberwell1

Told yer !

Osbourne!!!!! Just give us your "winning report" anyway, It will make as much sense as your "strategic plan" and betting suggestions!!!!
OT : Cricket World Cup on 13:32 - Mar 9 with 999 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 12:23 - Mar 9 by money_money_money

Osbourne!!!!! Just give us your "winning report" anyway, It will make as much sense as your "strategic plan" and betting suggestions!!!!

Osbourne here,

Osbourne just canot believe this result. England have lost by 15 runs to Bangladesh to definitely, now, go out of the World Cup.

So disappointing.

Boycott and Agnew will be loving it. Osbourne cannot, at the moment, bring himself to listen what these two are saying.

Blimey.
Maybe they swapped captains too late on, Cook for Morgan? It did seem a strange decision to change so near to the World Cup.

Biggest mistake by "Blunder Boy Downton," was that, possibly the best one day batsmen in the world at present, KP (Pietersen) was not selected.

That is a story in itself. KP might be a handful in the dressing room, but would England be out of the World Cup now If he had been playing?

Osbourne, never scared to put it out there, says : "Pietersen or KP should of played. England could of won the World Cup with Pietersen in the side."

Osbourne also says : "Really disappointing that Pietersen could not be playing in the 2015 Ashes series in England too. The cricketing public are being seriously short changed."

It's how Osbourne sees it. Subjective opinion. Think I'm right though!

Serious pity to be out of the World Cup.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 16:26 - Mar 9 with 978 viewsWizaard

OT : Cricket World Cup on 08:59 - Mar 9 by Osbourne

Cheer O.

Oh dear.

Spared further embarrassment by not going through.

It looked like there was going to be a shock, but Bangladesh put the minnows in their place eventually.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 18:55 - Mar 9 with 963 viewscamberwell1

OT : Cricket World Cup on 16:26 - Mar 9 by Wizaard

Oh dear.

Spared further embarrassment by not going through.

It looked like there was going to be a shock, but Bangladesh put the minnows in their place eventually.

Well done Bangladesh - they even tried to drop the game for us and still managed to win !
OT : Cricket World Cup on 21:37 - Mar 9 with 950 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 13:32 - Mar 9 by Osbourne

Osbourne here,

Osbourne just canot believe this result. England have lost by 15 runs to Bangladesh to definitely, now, go out of the World Cup.

So disappointing.

Boycott and Agnew will be loving it. Osbourne cannot, at the moment, bring himself to listen what these two are saying.

Blimey.
Maybe they swapped captains too late on, Cook for Morgan? It did seem a strange decision to change so near to the World Cup.

Biggest mistake by "Blunder Boy Downton," was that, possibly the best one day batsmen in the world at present, KP (Pietersen) was not selected.

That is a story in itself. KP might be a handful in the dressing room, but would England be out of the World Cup now If he had been playing?

Osbourne, never scared to put it out there, says : "Pietersen or KP should of played. England could of won the World Cup with Pietersen in the side."

Osbourne also says : "Really disappointing that Pietersen could not be playing in the 2015 Ashes series in England too. The cricketing public are being seriously short changed."

It's how Osbourne sees it. Subjective opinion. Think I'm right though!

Serious pity to be out of the World Cup.

Such a pity that England have been knocked out of the World Cup in the group stage.

Boycott, Agnew and co. loving it though :

Agnew : "Absolute ignominy. In terms of one - day cricket, this is an absolute low."

Boycott : "Everyone involved with the England team needs to look at themselves."

Botham : "England's performance was pathetic." "When are we going to pick the selectors to pick a team for the one - day format? Time for change."

Osbourne had various bets going on England. Put it like this, Osbourne was convinced that England would beat Bangladesh. Also that England would qualify from Group A into the Quarter Finals.

Pity, both from Osbourne's bets view point, but also English peoples interest in the World Cup.

England really should of played KP (Pietersen), they really should. Hasn't KP recently finished up as the "top batsman" in the Australian Big Bash competition?

[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 21:39]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 09:31 - Mar 10 with 923 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

OT : Cricket World Cup on 12:20 - Mar 9 by scratchingshed

You're as bad as predicting cricket matches in the same way you are as predicting Blackpool matches Ozzie.

Pathetic.

No not you I mean England cricket team.

Mind you poor old Bazbob is just as bad telling us all how the quarter finals will pan out.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 12:25]

shed

I thought England would beat the Bingly Banglys. When will I ever learn?

I think the rest of the draw I described should pan out though. India, NZ, Australia and maybe Sri Lanka to shock SA in the closest looking game for me.

OT : Cricket World Cup on 13:29 - Mar 10 with 911 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 09:31 - Mar 10 by basilrobbiereborn

shed

I thought England would beat the Bingly Banglys. When will I ever learn?

I think the rest of the draw I described should pan out though. India, NZ, Australia and maybe Sri Lanka to shock SA in the closest looking game for me.

Now that England are out, Osbourne's interest in the World Cup diminishes.

Still a real pity that England have gone so early in the competition.

Osbourne agrees with your predictions Basil, apart from Osbourne sees no upset in the Sir Lanka v South Africa Quarter Final meaning South Africa win that one.

New Zealand v West Indies - New Zealand winning.

Australia v Pakistan - Australia winning.

Sir Lanka v South Africa - South Africa winning.

Bangladesh v India - India winning.

Semi finalists easy to predict then - even for Osbourne (who seems to make the odd mistake or two!)

Finalists and actual winners more difficult to predict.

At Semi Final and Final level of a 50 over cricket tournament of this standard, by that I mean, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and India are all of a fantastically high standard. 50 over's cricket, although more realistic than these 20/20 matches, is not really cricket. Cricket is 4 day county championship matches and 5 day test matches. 20/20 matches are "cricket baseball" and 50 over matches "a slightly advanced cricket baseball." By that I mean, at the fantastically high standard of semi and final level, luck also hugely comes in to play in such a short format of the game.

Osbourne then, will obviously be looking at the betting odds available, and taking the long odds. But the winners could be any one of New Zealand, Australia, South Africa or India. The final will be at the MCG (Melbourne Australia) so home advantage means Australia will have a fantastic chance. Australia (although Osbourne has not checked this recently) are short odds favourites. So go with the longest odds from New Zealand, South Africa and India and one has got an exciting bet going.

That's what the man, (Osbourne), with the golden touch, when it comes to beating the bookies, will be doing anyway!

Get your money on South Africa or India then "Scratching Shed" !

Boycott and Agnew having a field day today at England's expense. Moores, Morgan, Downton etc. etc. all coping it big time. Goodness doesn't Boycott love himself. World authority on everything! You made sure you were not in Australia 1974/5 though Boyc's didn't you. "Lillan Thompson." Ask Luckhurst, Edrich, Amiss, Cowdrey and LLoyd how much fun that was. Just saying Geoffrey. Play for the team! Write your articles and talk into the microphone as you played the game - no one is listening!

Cheer O

Late extra :

As Osbourne thought : India and South Africa are the longest odds with the bookmakers. If anyone on AVFTT agrees with Basil and thinks that Sir Lanka could beat South Africa (Osbourne says it is certainly possible) then 18/1 can be got on Sir Lanka winning the World Cup. Australia are the shortest odds, with New Zealand, India and South Africa all much the same. Here are the odds to win the World Cup :

Australia - 7/4
New Zealand - 15/4
India - 9/2
South Africa - 9/2
Sir Lanka - 18/1

Careful with Sir Lanka though, as Basil says, may be they will beat South Africa in the Quarter Final, but in Osbourne's opinion, they will never go on and actually win the World Cup.

Osbourne will hope to have some excitement by going with India, who should have Bangladesh in the Quarter Final and after that Osbourne's fingers are crossed!

Cheer O again!
- that's Osbourne watching India win the World Cup.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 13:53]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 14:42 - Mar 10 with 897 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 13:29 - Mar 10 by Osbourne

Now that England are out, Osbourne's interest in the World Cup diminishes.

Still a real pity that England have gone so early in the competition.

Osbourne agrees with your predictions Basil, apart from Osbourne sees no upset in the Sir Lanka v South Africa Quarter Final meaning South Africa win that one.

New Zealand v West Indies - New Zealand winning.

Australia v Pakistan - Australia winning.

Sir Lanka v South Africa - South Africa winning.

Bangladesh v India - India winning.

Semi finalists easy to predict then - even for Osbourne (who seems to make the odd mistake or two!)

Finalists and actual winners more difficult to predict.

At Semi Final and Final level of a 50 over cricket tournament of this standard, by that I mean, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and India are all of a fantastically high standard. 50 over's cricket, although more realistic than these 20/20 matches, is not really cricket. Cricket is 4 day county championship matches and 5 day test matches. 20/20 matches are "cricket baseball" and 50 over matches "a slightly advanced cricket baseball." By that I mean, at the fantastically high standard of semi and final level, luck also hugely comes in to play in such a short format of the game.

Osbourne then, will obviously be looking at the betting odds available, and taking the long odds. But the winners could be any one of New Zealand, Australia, South Africa or India. The final will be at the MCG (Melbourne Australia) so home advantage means Australia will have a fantastic chance. Australia (although Osbourne has not checked this recently) are short odds favourites. So go with the longest odds from New Zealand, South Africa and India and one has got an exciting bet going.

That's what the man, (Osbourne), with the golden touch, when it comes to beating the bookies, will be doing anyway!

Get your money on South Africa or India then "Scratching Shed" !

Boycott and Agnew having a field day today at England's expense. Moores, Morgan, Downton etc. etc. all coping it big time. Goodness doesn't Boycott love himself. World authority on everything! You made sure you were not in Australia 1974/5 though Boyc's didn't you. "Lillan Thompson." Ask Luckhurst, Edrich, Amiss, Cowdrey and LLoyd how much fun that was. Just saying Geoffrey. Play for the team! Write your articles and talk into the microphone as you played the game - no one is listening!

Cheer O

Late extra :

As Osbourne thought : India and South Africa are the longest odds with the bookmakers. If anyone on AVFTT agrees with Basil and thinks that Sir Lanka could beat South Africa (Osbourne says it is certainly possible) then 18/1 can be got on Sir Lanka winning the World Cup. Australia are the shortest odds, with New Zealand, India and South Africa all much the same. Here are the odds to win the World Cup :

Australia - 7/4
New Zealand - 15/4
India - 9/2
South Africa - 9/2
Sir Lanka - 18/1

Careful with Sir Lanka though, as Basil says, may be they will beat South Africa in the Quarter Final, but in Osbourne's opinion, they will never go on and actually win the World Cup.

Osbourne will hope to have some excitement by going with India, who should have Bangladesh in the Quarter Final and after that Osbourne's fingers are crossed!

Cheer O again!
- that's Osbourne watching India win the World Cup.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2015 13:53]

Whilst the keyboard is sharp, Osbourne again!

The fall out from England's shock World Cup exit :

Geoffrey Boycott says :

"Moores has never been my choice to coach England."

"It is not impossible, but I (Geoffrey Boycott) believe it is very difficult for someone who has never played cricket to the highest level to manage an international cricket team."

"Moores depends too much on facts and figures and data analysis. He is too consumed by the opposition because he has no experience to fall back on in international cricket."

Well, thanks for that Geoffrey.
Osbourne's observations.
1. Didn't Moores use to be the Lancashire coach?
2. Isn't Moores the coach who had the fall out with KP (Pietersen) when KP was England captain?
3. Did Moores never play international cricket?
4. Did Moores play County Cricket. If yes, who for?
5. What is the more difficult job. Being a coach / manager or talking and writing about how to do it as a journalist?
6. I wonder why Geoffrey Boycott is a journalist and not a cricket manager / coach?

Osbourne simply making observations and asking questions.

Osbourne suggests that, Boycott can open the batting, make sure he is not captain though. Equally, don't give the pen or microphone to him either, Osbourne doesn't want to know his opinion. The same could be said of Gary Linaker, albeit to do with a different sport!

Osbourne at his subjective best!
Was Moores the ex coach of Lancashire? Osbourne really should follow cricket more closely. Anyone know?
OT : Cricket World Cup on 16:56 - Mar 10 with 877 viewsPlumbs

OT : Cricket World Cup on 14:42 - Mar 10 by Osbourne

Whilst the keyboard is sharp, Osbourne again!

The fall out from England's shock World Cup exit :

Geoffrey Boycott says :

"Moores has never been my choice to coach England."

"It is not impossible, but I (Geoffrey Boycott) believe it is very difficult for someone who has never played cricket to the highest level to manage an international cricket team."

"Moores depends too much on facts and figures and data analysis. He is too consumed by the opposition because he has no experience to fall back on in international cricket."

Well, thanks for that Geoffrey.
Osbourne's observations.
1. Didn't Moores use to be the Lancashire coach?
2. Isn't Moores the coach who had the fall out with KP (Pietersen) when KP was England captain?
3. Did Moores never play international cricket?
4. Did Moores play County Cricket. If yes, who for?
5. What is the more difficult job. Being a coach / manager or talking and writing about how to do it as a journalist?
6. I wonder why Geoffrey Boycott is a journalist and not a cricket manager / coach?

Osbourne simply making observations and asking questions.

Osbourne suggests that, Boycott can open the batting, make sure he is not captain though. Equally, don't give the pen or microphone to him either, Osbourne doesn't want to know his opinion. The same could be said of Gary Linaker, albeit to do with a different sport!

Osbourne at his subjective best!
Was Moores the ex coach of Lancashire? Osbourne really should follow cricket more closely. Anyone know?

Good grief.

I dont like cricket-I love it.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

OT : Cricket World Cup on 22:30 - Mar 10 with 857 viewscamberwell1

OT : Cricket World Cup on 16:56 - Mar 10 by Plumbs

Good grief.

I dont like cricket-I love it.

Isiah - get a grip lad !
OT : Cricket World Cup on 03:29 - Mar 11 with 848 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 22:30 - Mar 10 by camberwell1

Isiah - get a grip lad !

Which country does Isiah play for?
A "nick" name for one of the players?

Osbourne is confused!
OT : Cricket World Cup on 13:50 - Mar 12 with 809 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 03:29 - Mar 11 by Osbourne

Which country does Isiah play for?
A "nick" name for one of the players?

Osbourne is confused!

Osbourne here,

Good news for followers of English cricket.

Kevin Pietersen looking to sign for either Somerset or Hampshire for the 2015 season.

Colin Graves, whoever he might be, the new ECB chairman, is thought to be open to a return for KP to the England team for the 2015 Ashes series.

At least that means that England will have someone to answer back to David Warner's sledging. Hopefully KP can score a bundle of runs too. Puts a new outlook to the 2015 Ashes series.

England go to the West Indies almost immediately, then a 2 Test series v New Zealand. Then the 2015 Ashes series. KP will probably be back in the England side for the New Zealand series. KP and Peter Moores can team up again!

Osbourne says, it will be interesting to see how this story unfolds.

Group B : Final placing's between Pakistan, Ireland and West Indies have to be finalised.
Pakistan will beat Ireland though, West Indies will win their last game v UAE. So almost certainly to be Ireland the unlucky non - qualifiers.

Osbourne's predictions still stand.
Osbourne's money is on India to win the 2015 World Cup. They are the longest odds bet going. Any one of Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or India could win it though.

It's how Osbourne sees it.
Not too many cricket lovers in Blackpool?
Should be a packed house at The Royal London 50 over fixture at Stanley Park Blackpool, Lancashire v Middlesex then in the summer! Date for this fixture is Wednesday 29.7.15. Given good weather should be a cracking day out. Osbourne will be there. Lancashire are going to win!

Cheer O

KP dodging the Ashes bouncers, O, and David Warner's big uncouth mouth!
[Post edited 12 Mar 2015 13:53]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 20:58 - Mar 12 with 790 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 13:50 - Mar 12 by Osbourne

Osbourne here,

Good news for followers of English cricket.

Kevin Pietersen looking to sign for either Somerset or Hampshire for the 2015 season.

Colin Graves, whoever he might be, the new ECB chairman, is thought to be open to a return for KP to the England team for the 2015 Ashes series.

At least that means that England will have someone to answer back to David Warner's sledging. Hopefully KP can score a bundle of runs too. Puts a new outlook to the 2015 Ashes series.

England go to the West Indies almost immediately, then a 2 Test series v New Zealand. Then the 2015 Ashes series. KP will probably be back in the England side for the New Zealand series. KP and Peter Moores can team up again!

Osbourne says, it will be interesting to see how this story unfolds.

Group B : Final placing's between Pakistan, Ireland and West Indies have to be finalised.
Pakistan will beat Ireland though, West Indies will win their last game v UAE. So almost certainly to be Ireland the unlucky non - qualifiers.

Osbourne's predictions still stand.
Osbourne's money is on India to win the 2015 World Cup. They are the longest odds bet going. Any one of Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or India could win it though.

It's how Osbourne sees it.
Not too many cricket lovers in Blackpool?
Should be a packed house at The Royal London 50 over fixture at Stanley Park Blackpool, Lancashire v Middlesex then in the summer! Date for this fixture is Wednesday 29.7.15. Given good weather should be a cracking day out. Osbourne will be there. Lancashire are going to win!

Cheer O

KP dodging the Ashes bouncers, O, and David Warner's big uncouth mouth!
[Post edited 12 Mar 2015 13:53]

Back to the Cricket World Cup.

England play Afghanistan in their last match. Neither side can qualify for the Quarter Final stage.

Match is 3:30 13th March. That means Friday morning. ie soon!

Good luck England. Then home for a bit. Then to the West Indies for a short tour. Then New Zealand in the first half of the summer followed by the big series, 5 tests v Australia. Osbourne and the whole of cricketing England is hoping that KP is back for the Ashes.

England will probably beat Afghanistan very easily.
Boycott : "11 of my Aunt sally's could beat Afghanistan." Thank you Geoffrey!
OT : Cricket World Cup on 22:26 - Mar 12 with 787 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

OT : Cricket World Cup on 20:58 - Mar 12 by Osbourne

Back to the Cricket World Cup.

England play Afghanistan in their last match. Neither side can qualify for the Quarter Final stage.

Match is 3:30 13th March. That means Friday morning. ie soon!

Good luck England. Then home for a bit. Then to the West Indies for a short tour. Then New Zealand in the first half of the summer followed by the big series, 5 tests v Australia. Osbourne and the whole of cricketing England is hoping that KP is back for the Ashes.

England will probably beat Afghanistan very easily.
Boycott : "11 of my Aunt sally's could beat Afghanistan." Thank you Geoffrey!

Osbourne, when you shoulder arms, how many off stumps do you have?

OT : Cricket World Cup on 08:53 - Mar 13 with 761 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 22:26 - Mar 12 by basilrobbiereborn

Osbourne, when you shoulder arms, how many off stumps do you have?

Basil,

Osbourne does not fully understand the question. Osbourne is suspecting that there could be an underlying humour in your post. Osbourne can't quite see it, but will give you an answer to the best of his ability anyway!

"Shouldering Arms" is a cricketing term used when a batsman clearly lets the ball go by, outside the off stump. To indicate that the batsman is not intending to play at the ball, the batsman in this instance will usually make it obvious to the umpire by either raising the bat high into the air or in the case of a bouncer pulling the bat downwards away from the ball before the ball passes the bat.

The danger to the batsman is miscalculation. The ball can in swing or bounce in towards the stumps off the pitch making for some comical dismissals when a batsmen does this.

Of course if Geoffrey Boycott is commentating he would probably say something like this when the batsman attempts to "shoulder arms" :

"He left that very late, he clearly played and missed. These England batsmen are pretending to "shoulder arms" when they are clearly playing and missing. Hopeless, hopeless, when I played, I made it much clearer to the umpire when I was "shouldering arms" so they couldn't give me out. These modern day batsmen, hopeless, hopeless."

Does that answer your question Basil, or is the joke on Osbourne for attempting to answer the question in the first place! Osbourne does not mind if it is. Cricket is a complicated game with some ridiculous terms, etiquette and rules!

WORLD CUP
England v Afghanistan currently being played in Sydney.
Afghanistan put in by England, 111 for 7 off 36.2 overs in a match reduced to 45 overs per side. At the moment it is "Rain stopped play."

Well, England, pending a return to play due to the rain, are going to win that match easily. Only problem is rain getting on to the wicket and making it easier for the Afghan bowlers when England bat. Modern day covers should prevent that though. So this is going to be a very easy win for England.

Still a pity that KP was not playing in this World Cup for England and that England have been unable to reach the Quarter Finals - pity, much more fun when England are still active in the tournament.

Osbourne's money has gone on India - longest odds available. Australia are probably going to win it though - only very short odds available though - useless!

Anymore cricketing questions - "Osbourne is your man!"

Cheer O

Boycott facing Lillianthomson 1974/5, pity it didn't happen!
[Post edited 13 Mar 2015 9:02]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 14:06 - Mar 13 with 745 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 08:53 - Mar 13 by Osbourne

Basil,

Osbourne does not fully understand the question. Osbourne is suspecting that there could be an underlying humour in your post. Osbourne can't quite see it, but will give you an answer to the best of his ability anyway!

"Shouldering Arms" is a cricketing term used when a batsman clearly lets the ball go by, outside the off stump. To indicate that the batsman is not intending to play at the ball, the batsman in this instance will usually make it obvious to the umpire by either raising the bat high into the air or in the case of a bouncer pulling the bat downwards away from the ball before the ball passes the bat.

The danger to the batsman is miscalculation. The ball can in swing or bounce in towards the stumps off the pitch making for some comical dismissals when a batsmen does this.

Of course if Geoffrey Boycott is commentating he would probably say something like this when the batsman attempts to "shoulder arms" :

"He left that very late, he clearly played and missed. These England batsmen are pretending to "shoulder arms" when they are clearly playing and missing. Hopeless, hopeless, when I played, I made it much clearer to the umpire when I was "shouldering arms" so they couldn't give me out. These modern day batsmen, hopeless, hopeless."

Does that answer your question Basil, or is the joke on Osbourne for attempting to answer the question in the first place! Osbourne does not mind if it is. Cricket is a complicated game with some ridiculous terms, etiquette and rules!

WORLD CUP
England v Afghanistan currently being played in Sydney.
Afghanistan put in by England, 111 for 7 off 36.2 overs in a match reduced to 45 overs per side. At the moment it is "Rain stopped play."

Well, England, pending a return to play due to the rain, are going to win that match easily. Only problem is rain getting on to the wicket and making it easier for the Afghan bowlers when England bat. Modern day covers should prevent that though. So this is going to be a very easy win for England.

Still a pity that KP was not playing in this World Cup for England and that England have been unable to reach the Quarter Finals - pity, much more fun when England are still active in the tournament.

Osbourne's money has gone on India - longest odds available. Australia are probably going to win it though - only very short odds available though - useless!

Anymore cricketing questions - "Osbourne is your man!"

Cheer O

Boycott facing Lillianthomson 1974/5, pity it didn't happen!
[Post edited 13 Mar 2015 9:02]

WORLD CUP

England v Afghanistan

Match cut to 25 overs due to rain.

Very easy win for England. D/L, which Osbourne thinks stands for "Duckworth Lewis method of calculation" needed to transfer Afghanistans total to a 25 over total. England got the runs required for the loss of just one wicket.

Osbourne's memory being tested, but I think it was England needing "D/L" 101 in 25 overs.

Well done England. Just as well England put Afghanistan in to bat though. In a rain affected match like this, everything is in favour of the team batting 2nd.

Not for England unfortunately, but onwards to the World Cup Quarter Finals now.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2015 14:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024