Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga 19:39 - Nov 5 with 15245 viewsBFCSupportersTrust

Representatives of the BST committee have been invited by Chris Nathanial to meet with Jose Riga to discuss the background to his departure from BFC.

The meeting is expected to take place in the next 7 days. The venue and timing of the meeting cannot at this stage be confirmed.

As we have been invited to meet with Jose as representatives of all BFC fans we would like to collate a list of questions that any fan ( whether BST member or not ) might wish to submit to us and shortlist those we deem the most suitable to put to Jose. Of course it must be appreciated we cannot guarantee that each and every question submitted will be asked as we will need to vet the questions and don’t at this stage know how much time we will be allowed.

Following the meeting BST will publish a full transcript of the discussions that take place on our website and circulate this on social media.

Any questions must be submitted to secretary@blackpoolsupporterstrust.org by 5pm Sunday 9th November 2014. Questions posed on social media only will not be short listed so do please email them to us.

We look forward to receiving your submissions.

Up the Pool.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 00:01 - Nov 7 with 1715 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:41 - Nov 6 by ArchibaldKnox

What a display of closed minds there are here. You should welcome any direct insight into the way our club is run. Listen to what is said by Mr Riga and THEN make your mind up as to its accuracy and relevance. Tittle-tattle it is NOT. It may be the closest we have ever come to gaining understanding of the mindset of our owners. Most other departing managers have been gagged. It is worth hearing both sides. If your opinions are stated as being unmoveable from the outset then, frankly, that is the purest definition of a zealot I know of. Bloody perverse, I call it.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 13:42]

AK

you're operating under two assumptions - namely that what he has to say will both be true and not merely self-serving. You won't believe that of the chairman, so why are you so willing to meekly believe it of him?

Don't get me wrong, I think the pair of them have behaved appallingly over the last five months or so. But it takes two to tango.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 04:04 - Nov 7 with 1698 viewsseasider13

This whole Oyston v Riga thing has been a fiasco, and as we've heard the Chairmans side of things i for one would like to hear Jose's side of the story.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 06:46 - Nov 7 with 1694 viewsBOYBILLY

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 00:01 - Nov 7 by basilrobbiereborn

AK

you're operating under two assumptions - namely that what he has to say will both be true and not merely self-serving. You won't believe that of the chairman, so why are you so willing to meekly believe it of him?

Don't get me wrong, I think the pair of them have behaved appallingly over the last five months or so. But it takes two to tango.

I see basil is doing his best to silence Riga just as I predicted.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 07:24 - Nov 7 with 1687 viewsSouthshorepool

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 06:46 - Nov 7 by BOYBILLY

I see basil is doing his best to silence Riga just as I predicted.

Trying his best to silence him? Is he hiring a hit-man?

Mainstream music is sh!t!

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 07:32 - Nov 7 with 1685 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

What a display of closed minds there are here. You should welcome any direct insight into the way our club is run. Listen to what is said by Mr Riga and THEN make your mind up as to its accuracy and relevance. Tittle-tattle it is NOT. It may be the closest we have ever come to gaining understanding of the mindset of our owners. Most other departing managers have been gagged. It is worth hearing both sides. If your opinions are stated as being unmoveable from the outset then, frankly, that is the purest definition of a zealot I know of. Bloody perverse, I call it.

I am with SouthShorePool. I also picked up on things that Riga and his agent were up to which were wrong and contributed to our situation. I don't think the pair of them are particularly transparent and this highly unusual post-departure meeting with fans will be their chance to deny those accusations and defend their reputation.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 07:43 - Nov 7 with 1681 viewschanseasider

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 20:16 - Nov 5 by SouthStandSeasider

Having spoken to a few people with connections to the club over the past few days, I do wonder if everything was as it seemed with Mr. Riga. Will Watt also made some very interesting comments on Radio Lancashire pre-match tonight.

I'm no fan of KO by any stretch but I suspect this will turn out to be less 'meeting the ex-manager' and more 'character assassination of the chairman'. Will email in a few questions.

What comments did Will make?
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 10:45 - Nov 7 with 1643 viewsSouthStandSeasider

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 07:43 - Nov 7 by chanseasider

What comments did Will make?

Testing my memory now! He made mention of the 'feel' of things around Bloomfield Road, also referenced the fact that for interviewing it was very much just Jose Riga who was involved, and even then he never gave very much away. One of the Rad Lancs guys said 'it feels like you've learned more about Lee Clark in five minutes than you ever knew about Jose Riga in months', and Will agreed. Unfortunately the programme isn't on iPlayer so can't hear them again, but I found them very interesting.

In reply to an earlier post, I don't think there's any closed-mindness on this matter really. It seems that only now are people realising that Jose might not have been 'all that', so to speak, and yes I am aware of the restrictions he was working under etc, I don't need reminding of that. I think my biggest question is over who stands to gain anything out of this, and I suspect the answer is nobody.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 10:55 - Nov 7 with 1639 viewsLala

Blatantly trying to get his own back......will serve no purpose at all in my opinion. Not sure I like this man at all.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Login to get fewer ads

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 11:41 - Nov 7 with 1629 viewsdaveclayt

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 10:55 - Nov 7 by Lala

Blatantly trying to get his own back......will serve no purpose at all in my opinion. Not sure I like this man at all.

Is he? You know what he's going to say then? Enlighten us!
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 11:58 - Nov 7 with 1613 viewsTang67

I see the pro oyston stance is alive and well on this version of AVFTT-no real problem with differing opinions but to try and rubbish this meeting before it has happened would suggest there are closed minds on both sides of the debate around KO.
Any attempt to shine light into the machinations of BFC has to be welcomed way too much smoke and mirrors.
See "the accounts are there for all to see"

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:01 - Nov 7 with 1609 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 11:41 - Nov 7 by daveclayt

Is he? You know what he's going to say then? Enlighten us!

I would imagine he will lay as much of the blame as he can at KOKO's door, as a point scoring exercise. Please feel free to book mark this thread and come back and harangue me if I am incorrect.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 12:18]

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:04 - Nov 7 with 1604 viewsdaveclayt

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 00:01 - Nov 7 by basilrobbiereborn

AK

AK's post is the most balanced on this whole thread - how can you accuse him of operating under any assumptions? That's exactly what he's telling others not to do. How have you managed to twist that in your mind to the point that your interpretation is the exact opposite of what he's saying?! Bizarre behaviour.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:08 - Nov 7 with 1596 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:04 - Nov 7 by daveclayt

AK's post is the most balanced on this whole thread - how can you accuse him of operating under any assumptions? That's exactly what he's telling others not to do. How have you managed to twist that in your mind to the point that your interpretation is the exact opposite of what he's saying?! Bizarre behaviour.

Dave

just analysing the situation and obviously reaching a different conclusion from you and AK. That's not bizarre, it's just life.

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:08 - Nov 7 with 1597 viewsdaveclayt

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:01 - Nov 7 by Lala

I would imagine he will lay as much of the blame as he can at KOKO's door, as a point scoring exercise. Please feel free to book mark this thread and come back and harangue me if I am incorrect.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 12:18]

Well you've clearly made your mind up. Could it be that Mr Riga is quite popular (rightly or wrongly) and you're just trying to "take the opposing view"? In an attempt to gain "notoriety" on an internet message board?

Utterly incomprehensible behaviour, either way.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:09 - Nov 7 with 1596 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:04 - Nov 7 by daveclayt

As we tango into League One, what's your choice of dance for next season.....waltzing into League Two or just making a foxtrot of everything?? Remember that we were told that Karl had done his research on Riga before appointing him....... that must have extended to one post on the Charlton message board then.

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:12 - Nov 7 with 1545 viewstde74

I don't see the point of this meeting either.

We know how this is going to go down (pun intended) - we know how the owners have behaved since the Premier League miracle, we know Riga was sold a pup, we know about the disgusting lack of investment and monies siphoned from the club yadda yadda yadda. What's the point? It's just self-flagellation.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:13 - Nov 7 with 1543 viewsdaveclayt

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:08 - Nov 7 by basilrobbiereborn

Dave

just analysing the situation and obviously reaching a different conclusion from you and AK. That's not bizarre, it's just life.

AK's post was saying 'let's hear what Riga says before we make our minds up'. Your reply to him accused him of making his mind up before hearing what Riga has to say.

Deliberately or otherwise, you've read a decent, balanced post from AK and accused him of doing the exact opposite of what he actually did. I think that's pretty odd behaviour.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:15 - Nov 7 with 1539 viewsTwelveAngryMen

AK calls it right
KO has had his say and its going to be interesting to see what Riga has to say in reply
It's up to the individual then to form their own view on the underlying issues that have led us to the position we are currently in

#footballfirst

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:17 - Nov 7 with 1537 viewsLala

daveclayt

' Listen to what is said by Mr Riga and THEN make your mind up as to its accuracy and relevance.'

From AK's balanced thread, and fair do's. But is Karl afforded this same balanced approach. Nope.....not a chance. So if I want to summise what I feel is going on with Riga, like 99% of people do with Oyston, then I damn well wil ldo.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 12:17]

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:17 - Nov 7 with 1534 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:09 - Nov 7 by KhonKaenSeasider

As we tango into League One, what's your choice of dance for next season.....waltzing into League Two or just making a foxtrot of everything?? Remember that we were told that Karl had done his research on Riga before appointing him....... that must have extended to one post on the Charlton message board then.

KKS

either way, my dance card will be full.

I'm not making a pro-Oyston point here, as I said about two posts ago, his behaviour in this sorry saga leaves a lot to be desired. I just believe that we had reached a point where something had to give, and I won't lose any sleep crying over JR's departure.

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:21 - Nov 7 with 1526 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:17 - Nov 7 by basilrobbiereborn

KKS

I'm not making a pro-Oyston point here, as I said about two posts ago, his behaviour in this sorry saga leaves a lot to be desired. I just believe that we had reached a point where something had to give, and I won't lose any sleep crying over JR's departure.

'KO has had his say'

Yes he has Tam, and he also got berated before, during and after, so if people want to do the same where Riga is concerned ( and they don't necessarily) then they can.

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:24 - Nov 7 with 1521 viewsTang67

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:17 - Nov 7 by basilrobbiereborn

KKS

Fair point BRR and your opinion.
Do you believe KO should be held to account for his role in the car crash and take some responsibility for what has passed?

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:29 - Nov 7 with 1507 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:24 - Nov 7 by Tang67

Fair point BRR and your opinion.
Do you believe KO should be held to account for his role in the car crash and take some responsibility for what has passed?

Of course he should. I've said as much, often. I've another blog out tonight (shameless plug), I think I'm critical of him in that too.

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:31 - Nov 7 with 1504 viewscrewcut

BST are duty bound to keep some kind of pressure on the Oystons.

I'm not sure what good this particular avenue of pursuit is going to have. Very little I would venture.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:34 - Nov 7 with 1500 viewsdaveclayt

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:17 - Nov 7 by Lala

daveclayt

' Listen to what is said by Mr Riga and THEN make your mind up as to its accuracy and relevance.'

From AK's balanced thread, and fair do's. But is Karl afforded this same balanced approach. Nope.....not a chance. So if I want to summise what I feel is going on with Riga, like 99% of people do with Oyston, then I damn well wil ldo.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 12:17]

"But is Karl afforded this same balanced approach. Nope.....not a chance."

Karl is often not afforded a balanced approach by some people, no. There are reasons for that, which I'm sure you're fully aware of! Personally, my approach to this whole situation is quite balanced. I have weighed up the arguments in favour of and in defence of the Oyston family, and have come to the conclusion that I utterly, bitterly despise them.

My point is, I don't think the fact that lots of people despise Karl Oyston is a reason to essentially dismiss José Riga as though he was some sort of con-artist. Let's hear what comes out of the meeting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024