Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back from Villa 19:43 - Dec 28 with 3246 viewsSwanzay

Frustrating as feck! Villa were there for the taking, any other team would have got 3 points from that match with 74% possession, they really are shite, but we looked clueless in the final 3rd, didn't use the width of the pitch what so ever.
There were times when JJS was out wide with acres the spare, yet they tried to play it through the middle repeatedly. When Poz came on we lost our shape completely, he roamed centrally far to often, when the space was out wide.
No decent service to Bony (again), when Vazquez came on, I lost all hope for us to get the winner.
I truly am worried about New Years Day. We need a decent winger and decent back up for Bony in January, otherwise I cannot see where the goals will come from.
On a positive, what a great old school ground Villa Park was.
Just got back from Villa on 20:05 - Dec 28 with 2695 viewshammy

Yes, very frustrating second half. Thought we did quite well in the first half once we had recovered from the opening Villa goal. Pablo was easily skinning both full backs and looking very dangerous. A shame that JDG's shot went just wide, cos I think Villa would have really folded had that gone in.

In general we seem to be playing very good football up to the final third and then we run out of ideas. We don't even seem to keep the triangular passing going to try and get through the defence. Either that or working the ball out wide to get around the last man and send in a low cross into the box. As for shooting from outside the box, even Jonjo didn't seem able to make a decent chance today.

Looking at the BBC stats we had 73% possession, 17 shots and only 3 on target ! I think we've just got to keep playing the way we are with a bit more precision and inventiveness around the box and the goals / wins will start coming.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Just got back from Villa on 20:07 - Dec 28 with 2676 viewsTrundle10

Villa were gash. Vasquez, really can't see what Michael Laudrup sees in him. Brought him on to score the winner.......
Just got back from Villa on 20:09 - Dec 28 with 2670 viewsSwanfan1

Doesnt look good considering some tuff matches coming up,
Vazquez is hopeless his stats doesnt show any encouraging news going forward.

We need wide players, I said that before the season started
I was very underwhelmed with the performances from what we have, and off course we lose our shape when Pozuelo comes on cause he drifts inside not a winger.

I think is ML obsession playing through the centre instead of playing out wide and getting in some crosses and getting people in the box

I dont blame Bony what so ever, must be frustrating as feck for him to not get any decent crosses from out wide.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Just got back from Villa on 20:19 - Dec 28 with 2631 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Just got back from Villa on 20:05 - Dec 28 by hammy

Yes, very frustrating second half. Thought we did quite well in the first half once we had recovered from the opening Villa goal. Pablo was easily skinning both full backs and looking very dangerous. A shame that JDG's shot went just wide, cos I think Villa would have really folded had that gone in.

In general we seem to be playing very good football up to the final third and then we run out of ideas. We don't even seem to keep the triangular passing going to try and get through the defence. Either that or working the ball out wide to get around the last man and send in a low cross into the box. As for shooting from outside the box, even Jonjo didn't seem able to make a decent chance today.

Looking at the BBC stats we had 73% possession, 17 shots and only 3 on target ! I think we've just got to keep playing the way we are with a bit more precision and inventiveness around the box and the goals / wins will start coming.

Agree with all that.

We had almost limitless opportunities to get a decent ball into the box from crosses, through balls, one-twos etc, but so often chose the wrong option or fluffed the final ball; The platform was there to slaughter Villa today.

We were also very hesitant in getting bodies into the box, there were multiple occasions we had the ball in a good position in the final third, but we only had 1 person in the box.

Have to be pleased with a point overall, especially away from home after going a goal down. Positives are undoubtedly the performances of Pablo and Lamah, the latter a player with a very welcome positive attacking attitude. He's not the most elegant, but he causes defenders problems and always tries to attack.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Just got back from Villa on 20:46 - Dec 28 with 2512 viewshammy

Just got back from Villa on 20:19 - Dec 28 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Agree with all that.

We had almost limitless opportunities to get a decent ball into the box from crosses, through balls, one-twos etc, but so often chose the wrong option or fluffed the final ball; The platform was there to slaughter Villa today.

We were also very hesitant in getting bodies into the box, there were multiple occasions we had the ball in a good position in the final third, but we only had 1 person in the box.

Have to be pleased with a point overall, especially away from home after going a goal down. Positives are undoubtedly the performances of Pablo and Lamah, the latter a player with a very welcome positive attacking attitude. He's not the most elegant, but he causes defenders problems and always tries to attack.

Yes, it looks like Lamah is improving and hopefully the goal will give him confidence.

Let's go after City on NY's day given that they will have Aguero and Villa out. If we can get something out of that game then will give the team plenty of confidence for the rest of the season.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Just got back from Villa on 21:01 - Dec 28 with 2432 viewsDull1Thomas

there were quite a few killer passes and crosses today ... but no one busting a gut to get on the end of them

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Just got back from Villa on 21:05 - Dec 28 with 2397 viewsrollercoaster

Our substitutions were woeful, Vazquez is not good enough,Pozuelo not up to required standard at present, think he'll come good though. Give Bony 90 mins, he hasn't set the world alight but getting hauled off every game can't help.why Britts is sat on the bench I have no idea. Lamah scores and looks dangerous and gets hauled off too.

How good would we be if we had a final ball though!!!
Just got back from Villa on 21:12 - Dec 28 with 2358 viewsblaine_scfc

Just got back from Villa on 21:05 - Dec 28 by rollercoaster

Our substitutions were woeful, Vazquez is not good enough,Pozuelo not up to required standard at present, think he'll come good though. Give Bony 90 mins, he hasn't set the world alight but getting hauled off every game can't help.why Britts is sat on the bench I have no idea. Lamah scores and looks dangerous and gets hauled off too.

In fairness to them. When we did have the ball out wide, we had Bony in the box and four Villa defenders, it will take a miracle cross to find Bony. On Vasquez, was it him who had the ball on the edge of their box in the last second and literally passed it square to no one. I don't like slagging off players but this lad is no better than Itay last year from what I have seen.
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back from Villa on 21:13 - Dec 28 with 2354 viewsDull1Thomas

Just got back from Villa on 21:05 - Dec 28 by rollercoaster

I really like Pozuello especially when he plays behind Bony. He adds a sparkle to a predictable attack - better when he's central and in a crowded area.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Just got back from Villa on 21:16 - Dec 28 with 2333 viewsSwanzay

Just got back from Villa on 21:12 - Dec 28 by blaine_scfc

In fairness to them. When we did have the ball out wide, we had Bony in the box and four Villa defenders, it will take a miracle cross to find Bony. On Vasquez, was it him who had the ball on the edge of their box in the last second and literally passed it square to no one. I don't like slagging off players but this lad is no better than Itay last year from what I have seen.

Yes it was, utter gash, he certainly is Itay mark 2, thank feck hes only loan.
Just got back from Villa on 21:30 - Dec 28 with 2274 viewsCasual_Jack

Bringing off Bony when we was searching a winner was odd ...

Vazquez isn't premiership quality ....

Decent performance but we shld be putting teams like them to bed

Swansea City Casual.....VYC

Just got back from Villa on 21:56 - Dec 28 with 2188 viewsporschejack

When Vasquez came on I thought that ML was settling for the point , Vasquez could run about like a headless chicken and chase things down , thats all he can do .
Just got back from Villa on 22:03 - Dec 28 with 2162 viewsunion_jack

Just got back from Villa on 21:12 - Dec 28 by blaine_scfc

There was no-one to pass to though. I made this point earlier - white line fever football style.
hate even saying this but look at Campbell's goal for Cardiff. He anticipated the ball coming into that corridor of uncertainty and the wide man threaded it through 3 defenders. We need to do more of this.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Just got back from Villa on 22:24 - Dec 28 with 2100 viewsDaiTheDrop

Seen some reference as to why Leon didn't feature today. Don't know what anyone else thought but Canas was brilliant today. Offered a lot for us and as much as I love Leon I think it's Canas position to lose.

Agree with the opinions about the final third of our play. Although we did get a lot of width today we did almost inevitably come back inside. I think all players played their part with possibly only Chico below par overall. Vazquez, I don't see what ML sees in him. Doesn't look as if he's a game changer and we need someone now who will give us a viable alternative as a sub.
Just got back from Villa on 22:28 - Dec 28 with 2085 viewsblaine_scfc

Just got back from Villa on 22:24 - Dec 28 by DaiTheDrop

Seen some reference as to why Leon didn't feature today. Don't know what anyone else thought but Canas was brilliant today. Offered a lot for us and as much as I love Leon I think it's Canas position to lose.

Agree with the opinions about the final third of our play. Although we did get a lot of width today we did almost inevitably come back inside. I think all players played their part with possibly only Chico below par overall. Vazquez, I don't see what ML sees in him. Doesn't look as if he's a game changer and we need someone now who will give us a viable alternative as a sub.

I haven't seen the goals back over yet, but for villas goal I thought he had gone missing, the guy seemed to be in loads of space in front of our defence to play the ball through. Chico went walkies again from what I saw.
Just got back from Villa on 22:30 - Dec 28 with 2076 viewstomdickharry

Nev Wiltshire (The Call Centre) was an animal of a striker in his youth plying his trade in the Welsh League,even now he couldn't do any worse than Vasquez. This Villa team is one of the worst in the club's history and has the poorest home record in the PL,okay a points a point but just look at the very poor quality of the opposition.Could be Laudrup has lost the plot.
Just got back from Villa on 22:39 - Dec 28 with 2039 viewsrollercoaster

Play Canas and Britts, I'd seriously consider JDG out wide,bending some decent crosses in for Wilf. Britton is a super technician, understands his role and Villa wouldn't have had an ocean of grass to play in just in front of our back four had Leon been on the pitch for their goal. Add to that guts and heart and that's why Leon has to play the majority of our games.
Just got back from Villa on 22:40 - Dec 28 with 2038 viewsJackFish

Totally agree about Cañas, offers a bit more than Leon for me.
Just got back from Villa on 22:42 - Dec 28 with 2029 viewsrollercoaster

Just got back from Villa on 22:40 - Dec 28 by JackFish

Totally agree about Cañas, offers a bit more than Leon for me.

What does Canas give us that Leon doesn't?
Just got back from Villa on 01:14 - Dec 29 with 1847 viewsTrundle10

Just got back from Villa on 22:42 - Dec 28 by rollercoaster

What does Canas give us that Leon doesn't?

Curly hair????
Just got back from Villa on 08:16 - Dec 29 with 1700 viewsDr_Winston

If Leon was playing as well as Canas has been lately the idea of leaving him out would be utterly preposterous, but because he's not Leon all we get is "Why is Leon not playing"?

Britton is a little diamond, but Canas is the man in possession of the DM role and deserves to keep it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just got back from Villa on 08:35 - Dec 29 with 1675 viewsquiff

I would like us to try playing Britton and Cañas when Michu is back, giving him space to roam behind the striker without dropping too deep, however at the moment the way Cañas is playing, the shirt is his to lose.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 8:35]

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Just got back from Villa on 10:37 - Dec 29 with 1546 viewsChief

Just got back from Villa on 21:01 - Dec 28 by Dull1Thomas

there were quite a few killer passes and crosses today ... but no one busting a gut to get on the end of them

yes, lets stop tip toeing around the subject, Bony did ok today, but when a half decent ball went into the box he looked disinterested.

he doesn't score half chances.

just thought 12 mill would have bought us more

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Just got back from Villa on 10:39 - Dec 29 with 1537 viewsDr_Winston

Just got back from Villa on 10:37 - Dec 29 by Chief

yes, lets stop tip toeing around the subject, Bony did ok today, but when a half decent ball went into the box he looked disinterested.

he doesn't score half chances.

just thought 12 mill would have bought us more

I'm still trying to think of any half decent balls.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just got back from Villa on 10:45 - Dec 29 with 1514 viewsJackanapes

12 million doesnt buy fk all. 8 million buys a tin of danish pet food called Cornelius.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024