Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surrey v Middx 00:01 - May 11 with 9721 viewsstowmarketrange

Is anyone else going to the Oval for the game starting tomorrow?We’ll have to play a lot better than we did against Essex last week to get a result.
I have complimentary tickets if anyone fancies a freebie tomorrow?The perks of being a member of Surrey ccc.
It’s the only day I’ll be able to attend I think as we have my daughter’s wedding in a couple of weeks time and I’ve got to give enough time for the black eyes and bruises to heal.
Send me a pm if you want a free day at the cricket.
Come on the brown hatters.
Surrey v Middx on 08:46 - Jun 22 with 1549 viewstoboboly

Had my first visit to Hove last week, where I was privileged to see this absolutely stunning catch

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Surrey v Middx on 08:55 - Jun 22 with 1531 viewsTheChef

I can't believe there are any Middlesex fans mad enough to go to the Oval tonight.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Surrey v Middx on 09:57 - Jun 22 with 1466 viewsnumptydumpty

Surrey v Middx on 08:55 - Jun 22 by TheChef

I can't believe there are any Middlesex fans mad enough to go to the Oval tonight.

Am a Surrey fan, going along but when went to the game on Sunday, Surrey were arounds 57 for 6 after 12 overs I think.

Anything can happen in cricket, particularly T20 cricket.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Surrey v Middx on 10:09 - Jun 22 with 1457 viewsLoyalitat

Surrey v Middx on 09:57 - Jun 22 by numptydumpty

Am a Surrey fan, going along but when went to the game on Sunday, Surrey were arounds 57 for 6 after 12 overs I think.

Anything can happen in cricket, particularly T20 cricket.

Yep, anything can happen in T20. However, you're nailed on to win tonight against a side that has lost all its T20 games to date (10), to add to their three losses in their last three T20 games from last season.
Surrey v Middx on 10:36 - Jun 22 with 1445 viewsTheChef

Surrey v Middx on 10:09 - Jun 22 by Loyalitat

Yep, anything can happen in T20. However, you're nailed on to win tonight against a side that has lost all its T20 games to date (10), to add to their three losses in their last three T20 games from last season.

Indeed.

Middlesex still on to complete their T20 season P 14 L 14.

Surrey v Middx on 19:34 - Jun 22 with 1367 viewsE17hoop

Surrey v Middx on 10:36 - Jun 22 by TheChef

Indeed.

Middlesex still on to complete their T20 season P 14 L 14.

They are now - masterclass in batting by the openers.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Surrey v Middx on 20:03 - Jun 22 with 1348 viewsflynnbo

Surrey's highest ever total in T20.
Surrey v Middx on 20:50 - Jun 22 with 1317 viewsdenhamhoop2

Surrey v Middx on 20:03 - Jun 22 by flynnbo

Surrey's highest ever total in T20.

With this Middlesex bowling line up thought 300 was and is a real possibility at some point I think 20 years ago I would've got a game in this team
Login to get fewer ads

Surrey v Middx (n/t) on 20:59 - Jun 22 with 1312 viewsflynnbo

Impressive reply so far from Middlesex.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 21:00]
Surrey v Middx (n/t) on 21:12 - Jun 22 with 1299 viewsE17hoop

Surrey v Middx (n/t) on 20:59 - Jun 22 by flynnbo

Impressive reply so far from Middlesex.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 21:00]

Very.

Getting nervous.

Surrey v Middx on 21:18 - Jun 22 with 1286 viewsE17hoop

Will be the highest aggregate run score in T20 in England if Middle score another dozen or so.

Surrey v Middx on 21:37 - Jun 22 with 1261 viewsstowmarketrange

What a superb chase by middlesex.Well done on the win tonight.
Surrey v Middx on 21:38 - Jun 22 with 1258 viewsE17hoop

Surrey v Middx on 21:37 - Jun 22 by stowmarketrange

What a superb chase by middlesex.Well done on the win tonight.

Agree. That was outstanding batting.

Surrey v Middx on 21:38 - Jun 22 with 1257 viewsflynnbo

Wow! Great batting by Middlesex!
Surrey v Middx on 22:04 - Jun 22 with 1223 viewsLoyalitat

Tremendous run chase Middlesex. I didn't think they'd chase down such a high score. Well done.
Surrey v Middx on 23:03 - Jun 22 with 1172 viewsMrSheen

We might be terrible, but at least we’re not Surrey! Well played, sirs!
Surrey v Middx on 00:56 - Jun 23 with 1129 viewsstowmarketrange

Surrey v Middx on 23:03 - Jun 22 by MrSheen

We might be terrible, but at least we’re not Surrey! Well played, sirs!

Of course you’re not Surrey,but if you had the chance to keep all the proceeds from test matches at your own ground rather than a rented one are you telling me that middlesex wouldn’t adopt a similar system to Surrey?Or would they prefer to stay uncompetitive for most of the season by not signing better players to improve their squad because they have principles?
Surrey v Middx on 07:56 - Jun 23 with 1075 viewsQueeg

I went yesterday for my usual annual trip without much hope. After Surreys innings I had even less hope.

How wrong can you be. :D
Surrey v Middx on 11:14 - Jun 23 with 1017 viewsTheChef

Wow!

Don't know how you can go from losing your last fourteen T20 games to doing THAT, but there you are.

Amazing win!

Surrey v Middx on 11:37 - Jun 23 with 998 viewsSuperhoops2808

Mrs Superhoop went last night as a neutral as part of a corporate event. She said it was amazing - And as a Kent supporter she was happy to see Surrey get their comeuppance!!!

Me, I was sat at home watching the current form team in the South group the mighty Spitfires complete their 5th straight win, and spit Essex out in the process.

Off to Canterbury tonight where hopefully Middlesex will be drained from their exploits last night and we make it 6 out of 6 and keep pressing for that quarter final place
Surrey v Middx on 11:53 - Jun 23 with 983 viewsLoyalitat

Surrey v Middx on 11:37 - Jun 23 by Superhoops2808

Mrs Superhoop went last night as a neutral as part of a corporate event. She said it was amazing - And as a Kent supporter she was happy to see Surrey get their comeuppance!!!

Me, I was sat at home watching the current form team in the South group the mighty Spitfires complete their 5th straight win, and spit Essex out in the process.

Off to Canterbury tonight where hopefully Middlesex will be drained from their exploits last night and we make it 6 out of 6 and keep pressing for that quarter final place

You absolutely battered my team, Essex Eagles, last night at the ECG. I think we'll still get through, but there's no doubting which team is currently performing the best in the T20 south division.
All of your batsmen are scoring, Billings aside. I just don't get the inclusion of Linde and him being elevated up the batting order as a pinch/big hitter, which he isn't. Alex Blake can definitely do that and If he were to replace Linde, I believe that you would be an even tougher proposition.

Is Blake still at the club? If so, why's he not playing.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 0:25]
Surrey v Middx on 21:14 - Jun 23 with 877 viewsthame_hoops

Surrey v Middx on 08:55 - Jun 22 by TheChef

Myself and my dad went. We weren’t going to pay the £40 a ticket, but somebody at Middlesex got me free tickets. Have to say, one of my most favourite T-20 games I’ve been to. And I do love the oval, I think I’m preferring it to Lords. Just based on the atmosphere. We were sat in the JM Finn Stand, middle tier. There was a really cool bar above and on the level below with lots of fake grass. Was really cool.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2023 21:15]
Surrey v Middx on 23:39 - Jun 23 with 831 viewsMrSheen

Normal service resumed. Still, there’s always the Oval.
Surrey v Middx on 02:53 - Jun 24 with 803 viewsnumptydumpty

Surrey v Middx on 10:09 - Jun 22 by Loyalitat

As I said anything can happen in t20.

After Surrey's opening stand, was wondering what odds would be on Middlesex

Incredibly poor display from Surrey in the field but Middlesex still had to score the runs. They walked it !!

Was so enjoying the game halfway through and even sat at back of JM Finn stand caught a rocket launched kia oval win £1000 Black t shirt, whilst holding a pie in the other, took it also from the hands of my mate, shame it wasn't one of the many sixes.

Was kind of weird being applauded for that but although it was an incredible run chase, was a severely disappointing result.

Looked like there was a full. House at the Oval. Am guessing that's somewhere between 25 000 and 30 000.

Families, girlfriends, work colleagues and groups of mates all attending.

You couldn't help feel cricket has totally embraced its commercial and fun element that appeals to all, whilst football matches are going the other way, more play acting, more dissent, more passages of play, just going through the motions and way less actual action and entertainment and not just speaking about QPR but in general as a sport.

Football definitely has got angrier, less entertaining and more cynical over the years.

Maybe in 30 years football won't be the main entertainment sports wise. Certainly could learn lessons from t20 cricket at its best.

I guess the people allowed to drink as much as they wish and during the game throughout and no trouble whatsoever, more banter, but never any threats violence at all. Never understand this side that football seems to bring. I guess many take it more personally if their team loses, disappointment happens in cricket and rugby to be fair but there is never an undercurrent of violence and as said everyone drinking openly.

But apart from result for me was great night out.

I know QPR have had better days but can't really remember last football match I went to where I said it was a great night out even the wins also.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 3:03]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Surrey v Middx on 07:53 - Jun 24 with 753 viewsthame_hoops

Surrey v Middx on 02:53 - Jun 24 by numptydumpty

As I said anything can happen in t20.

After Surrey's opening stand, was wondering what odds would be on Middlesex

Incredibly poor display from Surrey in the field but Middlesex still had to score the runs. They walked it !!

Was so enjoying the game halfway through and even sat at back of JM Finn stand caught a rocket launched kia oval win £1000 Black t shirt, whilst holding a pie in the other, took it also from the hands of my mate, shame it wasn't one of the many sixes.

Was kind of weird being applauded for that but although it was an incredible run chase, was a severely disappointing result.

Looked like there was a full. House at the Oval. Am guessing that's somewhere between 25 000 and 30 000.

Families, girlfriends, work colleagues and groups of mates all attending.

You couldn't help feel cricket has totally embraced its commercial and fun element that appeals to all, whilst football matches are going the other way, more play acting, more dissent, more passages of play, just going through the motions and way less actual action and entertainment and not just speaking about QPR but in general as a sport.

Football definitely has got angrier, less entertaining and more cynical over the years.

Maybe in 30 years football won't be the main entertainment sports wise. Certainly could learn lessons from t20 cricket at its best.

I guess the people allowed to drink as much as they wish and during the game throughout and no trouble whatsoever, more banter, but never any threats violence at all. Never understand this side that football seems to bring. I guess many take it more personally if their team loses, disappointment happens in cricket and rugby to be fair but there is never an undercurrent of violence and as said everyone drinking openly.

But apart from result for me was great night out.

I know QPR have had better days but can't really remember last football match I went to where I said it was a great night out even the wins also.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 3:03]

After the Surrey Innings, I must admit, we were fearing the worst. I think you could’ve gone into any bookmakers and they would’ve given you your own odds on Middlesex to win. Even with Eski and Cracknells stand, I’m just used to us collapsing. We did same vs Glamorgan at home chasing and once the openers were out that was it.
It was just a great evening. I parked on glasshouse walk, easily. A bit of a pain that I had to pay the congestion charge. Had a quick non-alcoholic beer in the beehive. Straight to our seats at the game. There was a lovely breeze which stopped it from being stifling hot. The cracking atmosphere, like you said it was full of people straight from work, cricket fans, kids. Much better than any hundred nonsense. I read attendance was 20k, it was a sell out
Can we sign your lad ‘extras’ please
[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 8:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024