Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Obafemi said last night 14:55 - Feb 15 with 4955 viewsKeithHaynes

That’s what football’s about - competition. If you didn’t have competition, it would be too easy for you. I feel competition is what I need to make myself play better and that’s the main thing."

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Obafemi said last night on 16:44 - Feb 15 with 3122 viewscadleigh

How Obafemi behaves and performs over the next six months will tell us more about RM than it will about MO, in my opinion. If he throws his toys out of the pram, there’s a high probability that he is the man-child many take him for. Six months of consistency and even temper, and it will start to look like RM was responsible for his meltdown.

Almost all other variables can be explained away. MK Dons do better since he left - all down to the squad he put together. MK Dons melt down - it’s the new manager. Mid table mediocrity in 2021-22 - it’ll take a while for him to rebuild the team. Mid-table mediocrity in 2022-23 - it’s the failure of the owners to buy him any players in the past window.

Heck, I have even read on social media that we are in 16th place because of “fine margins” and that we are a cigarette paper away from automatic promotion.

Obafemi is the canary in the coal mine. Although if he does have a hissy fit again I guess that only proves RM wasn’t responsible for what happened here - doesn’t mean he is actually a good manager himself…

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Obafemi said last night on 16:51 - Feb 15 with 3101 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi said last night on 16:44 - Feb 15 by cadleigh

How Obafemi behaves and performs over the next six months will tell us more about RM than it will about MO, in my opinion. If he throws his toys out of the pram, there’s a high probability that he is the man-child many take him for. Six months of consistency and even temper, and it will start to look like RM was responsible for his meltdown.

Almost all other variables can be explained away. MK Dons do better since he left - all down to the squad he put together. MK Dons melt down - it’s the new manager. Mid table mediocrity in 2021-22 - it’ll take a while for him to rebuild the team. Mid-table mediocrity in 2022-23 - it’s the failure of the owners to buy him any players in the past window.

Heck, I have even read on social media that we are in 16th place because of “fine margins” and that we are a cigarette paper away from automatic promotion.

Obafemi is the canary in the coal mine. Although if he does have a hissy fit again I guess that only proves RM wasn’t responsible for what happened here - doesn’t mean he is actually a good manager himself…

Obafemi will behave himself until the end of the season, and then I’m certain he will resort to type.

Obafemi said last night on 17:09 - Feb 15 with 3057 viewsWitneyjack

MK dons are 1 point above the relegation zone, just saying.
Obafemi said last night on 17:11 - Feb 15 with 3054 viewsFlashberryjack

Obafemi said last night on 16:51 - Feb 15 by KeithHaynes

Obafemi will behave himself until the end of the season, and then I’m certain he will resort to type.

A Tiger never changes it's spots.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Obafemi said last night on 17:36 - Feb 15 with 3004 viewsdantheswansman

Well if you have been living under a rock i can help fill you in, the Saints manager Hasenhuttl said he lacked professionalism, his National team manager Stephen Kenny refused to play him for the exact same issue when he Man Baby refused to play for the under 21's, Martin has had to leave him out of the squad for being a immature tosser, have you noticed a pattern yet?
Imagine thinking its a Martin Issue when this guy is well known for this behaviour, like so well known its a bit of a joke
The next six months will tell me nothing i don't already know, we were well shot of that child, nothing but trouble
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 17:37]
Obafemi said last night on 18:12 - Feb 15 with 2948 viewscadleigh

Obafemi said last night on 17:36 - Feb 15 by dantheswansman

Well if you have been living under a rock i can help fill you in, the Saints manager Hasenhuttl said he lacked professionalism, his National team manager Stephen Kenny refused to play him for the exact same issue when he Man Baby refused to play for the under 21's, Martin has had to leave him out of the squad for being a immature tosser, have you noticed a pattern yet?
Imagine thinking its a Martin Issue when this guy is well known for this behaviour, like so well known its a bit of a joke
The next six months will tell me nothing i don't already know, we were well shot of that child, nothing but trouble

Don't get me wrong - I'm no apologist for Obafemi.

Having said that I remember Hasenhuttl's comments about Obafemi's lack of consistency, and he wasn't the first 20 year old to have been accused of that and I am sure he won't be the last. And didn't Kenny subsequently complain that Martin should have been giving him more game time as he was such an important part of of ROI set-up?

Anyway, no need to be rude. Not sure I have ever been rude to you.

Obafemi said last night on 18:17 - Feb 15 with 2935 viewscadleigh

Obafemi said last night on 17:09 - Feb 15 by Witneyjack

MK dons are 1 point above the relegation zone, just saying.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying that when MK Dons did well under another manager, as they did last season, Martin apologists would never credit the new manager, it was always the squad he built. Now they are tanking it's not Martin's legacy, it's the new manager's failure to follow through on his lead. In other words, almost any variable can be explained away.

Kudos to Keith for predicting that Obafemi will return to (hissy fit) form in August 2023. I suspect you are right but it will be interesting to see.

Obafemi said last night on 18:53 - Feb 15 with 2873 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi said last night on 18:12 - Feb 15 by cadleigh

Having said that I remember Hasenhuttl's comments about Obafemi's lack of consistency, and he wasn't the first 20 year old to have been accused of that and I am sure he won't be the last. And didn't Kenny subsequently complain that Martin should have been giving him more game time as he was such an important part of of ROI set-up?

If I were you I d be more inclined to send Dan a fiver to get a grammar book .Year 3 would suffice .
I think you got the gist of what he was trying so hard to express.
I put it down to the Russy effect .
He’s a Grammar Killer

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Obafemi said last night on 18:54 - Feb 15 with 2871 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi said last night on 17:36 - Feb 15 by dantheswansman

Living under a rock is underestimated .
It’s warm ,cozy and dry .

Obafemi said last night on 19:19 - Feb 15 with 2840 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi said last night on 18:53 - Feb 15 by onehunglow

If I were you I d be more inclined to send Dan a fiver to get a grammar book .Year 3 would suffice .
I think you got the gist of what he was trying so hard to express.
I put it down to the Russy effect .
He’s a Grammar Killer

💁

Obafemi said last night on 19:21 - Feb 15 with 2833 viewsdantheswansman

Obafemi said last night on 18:12 - Feb 15 by cadleigh

You're right, there is no need for any rudeness and if you feel i have been that then i do apologize, it wasn't my intention
It really irks me that Martin must take the blame for a childish, immature little idiot like Michael when its well know what he is like
I am not sure if Kenny did say that but if he did i personally take it as a manager trying to get Obafemi on side
Its no coincidence every single one of his previous managers have had issues with him, it certainly isn't Martins man management
What is it they say? you cannot polish a turd, Obafemi without doubt has attitude issues
Obafemi said last night on 19:24 - Feb 15 with 2826 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi said last night on 19:21 - Feb 15 by dantheswansman

You're right, there is no need for any rudeness and if you feel i have been that then i do apologize, it wasn't my intention
It really irks me that Martin must take the blame for a childish, immature little idiot like Michael when its well know what he is like
I am not sure if Kenny did say that but if he did i personally take it as a manager trying to get Obafemi on side
Its no coincidence every single one of his previous managers have had issues with him, it certainly isn't Martins man management
What is it they say? you cannot polish a turd, Obafemi without doubt has attitude issues

👏👏👏👏👏👏

Everybody reading this 👍

This post has been edited by an administrator

Obafemi said last night on 19:29 - Feb 15 with 2801 viewscadleigh

https://www.the42.ie/kenny-obafemi-5773785-May2022/

https://www.balls.ie/football/swansea-manager-stephen-kenny-michael-obafemi-5243

As I said, I’m not an apologist for Obafemi, just interested to see whether Kompany can get a consistent performance out if him when Martin didn’t. More to the point, there were plenty of people claiming that Martin was a management genius for the way he treated Piroe, Obafemi and Paterson. Personally I think that’s rubbish - Martin’s use of the media has spectacularly backfired every time. Just my opinion.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 19:37]

Obafemi said last night on 20:12 - Feb 15 with 2742 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi said last night on 19:29 - Feb 15 by cadleigh

https://www.the42.ie/kenny-obafemi-5773785-May2022/

https://www.balls.ie/football/swansea-manager-stephen-kenny-michael-obafemi-5243

As I said, I’m not an apologist for Obafemi, just interested to see whether Kompany can get a consistent performance out if him when Martin didn’t. More to the point, there were plenty of people claiming that Martin was a management genius for the way he treated Piroe, Obafemi and Paterson. Personally I think that’s rubbish - Martin’s use of the media has spectacularly backfired every time. Just my opinion.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 19:37]

And scores again tonight

Obafemi said last night on 20:32 - Feb 15 with 2735 viewscadleigh

My bad, I was being oversensitive - totally accept you weren't being rude, just passionate.

All the best (and here's hoping we hold onto our lead tonight!)

Obafemi said last night on 20:34 - Feb 15 with 2728 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi said last night on 20:32 - Feb 15 by cadleigh

My bad, I was being oversensitive - totally accept you weren't being rude, just passionate.

All the best (and here's hoping we hold onto our lead tonight!)

Proper swans Indy people these two.

Obafemi said last night on 20:45 - Feb 15 with 2706 viewsFireboy2

Obafemi said last night on 20:34 - Feb 15 by KeithHaynes

Proper swans Indy people these two.

Bloody creep 🤣
Obafemi said last night on 20:04 - Feb 16 with 2433 viewsSullutaCreturned

Obafemi said last night on 18:54 - Feb 15 by onehunglow

Living under a rock is underestimated .
It’s warm ,cozy and dry .

Warm, cozy and dry...maybe if the rock is on a Greek island or in death valley but here in Wales it's cold, unconfortable and damp.

I'm glad we are rid of Oba even if he goes on to be a superstr for Burnley. he was trouble for us whichever way you cut it.
Obafemi said last night on 20:08 - Feb 16 with 2433 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi said last night on 20:04 - Feb 16 by SullutaCreturned

Warm, cozy and dry...maybe if the rock is on a Greek island or in death valley but here in Wales it's cold, unconfortable and damp.

I'm glad we are rid of Oba even if he goes on to be a superstr for Burnley. he was trouble for us whichever way you cut it.

He s a typical young blood who needs handling
Russ didnt
Kompany is and will

Obafemi said last night on 20:26 - Feb 16 with 2396 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi said last night on 20:08 - Feb 16 by onehunglow

He s a typical young blood who needs handling
Russ didnt
Kompany is and will

Why anyone would stand up for him after all he did tells me that’s just another dig at the manager.

Obafemi said last night on 09:38 - Feb 17 with 2245 viewsSullutaCreturned

Obafemi said last night on 20:26 - Feb 16 by KeithHaynes

Why anyone would stand up for him after all he did tells me that’s just another dig at the manager.

To be fair, Keith, I don't need Oba as an excuse. I have plenty to say about our manager!
Obafemi said last night on 09:49 - Feb 17 with 2236 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi said last night on 20:26 - Feb 16 by KeithHaynes

Well it depends how one defines sticking up for one
Plenty of digs around right now which have sweet nowt to do with me
With respect , your posts and your chums comments show the same concern as me so maybe we should avoid digging at other fans
We re on the same side Keith
Please remember that or at least reflect
Frankly I find your comments in many ways rather personal and disappointing

Obafemi said last night on 15:23 - Feb 17 with 2165 viewsswan_si

Obafemi said last night on 09:49 - Feb 17 by onehunglow

With respect , your posts and your chums comments show the same concern as me so maybe we should avoid digging at other fans

Close the door on your way out.
Obafemi said last night on 16:03 - Feb 17 with 2127 viewsKeithHaynes

Obafemi said last night on 09:49 - Feb 17 by onehunglow

They make you think that’s for sure.

As for reflecting, that’s exactly what you are doing as a result of my responses to you of late. The outcome is you feel insulted, when actually it’s the other way round. That’s what happens when a little bit of experiential learning is added to the mix, ask Obafemi and Paterson, they reacted in the same way.

We have carried a few reports on how it works.

Obafemi said last night on 17:24 - Feb 17 with 2071 viewsonehunglow

Obafemi said last night on 16:03 - Feb 17 by KeithHaynes

They make you think that’s for sure.

As for reflecting, that’s exactly what you are doing as a result of my responses to you of late. The outcome is you feel insulted, when actually it’s the other way round. That’s what happens when a little bit of experiential learning is added to the mix, ask Obafemi and Paterson, they reacted in the same way.

We have carried a few reports on how it works.

So we both feel insulted

Look at the state we re in

One always reflects . Or should .

Thanks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024