Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 19:26 - Oct 6 with 7420 viewsNotLoyal

Nothing is appearing on here, then I check it out and nothing is still happening on here.

Utter madness. The lunacy has been corrected.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58686/the-emphasis-is-on
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58682/swansea-city-v-sun
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58689/only-over-confiden
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58690/swansea-city-v-sun

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Luke Cundle, Ollie Cooper, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher,Michael Obafemi, Olivier Ntcham, Armstrong Oko-Flex, Fin Stevens, Kyle Naughton, Matty Sorinola.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58691

Sunderland: Anthony Patterson, Corry Evans (captain), Danny Batth, Elliot Embleton, Patrick Roberts, Lynden Gooch, Luke O'Nien, Jack Clarke, Alex Pritchard, Daniel Neil, Aji Alese.

Substitutes: Alex Bass, Dannis Cirkin, Amad Diallo, Bailey Wright, Jay Matete, Abdoullah Ba. Jewison Bennette.

Referee: Gavin Ward

Officials
GAVIN WARD
Andrew Dallison and Bhupinder Gill
Fourth Official: Ollie Yates

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 19:23 - Oct 8 with 1943 viewsThrasher6

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 18:43 - Oct 8 by vetchonian

surprisingly quiet here tonight given we won

Get with it Mun....we only function on here when we lose...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 19:26 - Oct 8 with 1925 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 19:19 - Oct 8 by Boundy

Enjoyed the game , the result much more so , as many others have said we made it hard for ourselves at times , playing short around our box when the better if not safer option would have been to clear our lines , a few tired players and it showed but fair play our game management overall much improved but I think I'd have made a few substitutions such as Piroe much earlier

Pretty much how I saw it.
Definitely made hard work of it and the wasted time almost came back to bite us at the end with the added time - clear dive, but stranger things have happened.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 20:08 - Oct 8 with 1795 viewsKilkennyjack

Great result.

RM knows.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 20:24 - Oct 8 with 1771 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 19:19 - Oct 8 by Boundy

Enjoyed the game , the result much more so , as many others have said we made it hard for ourselves at times , playing short around our box when the better if not safer option would have been to clear our lines , a few tired players and it showed but fair play our game management overall much improved but I think I'd have made a few substitutions such as Piroe much earlier

Enjoyed the first half, but found the second half very very frustrating as there was too much passing around at the back and unnecessary risk taking. Sunderland were pressing and instead of getting rid of the ball the Swans defenders were playing very short passes and playing each other in to trouble. On another day it could easily have cost points as it has in the past.

I get the philosophy, but done times needs must and they should just boot it upfield. The 3 points is very welcome.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 21:02 - Oct 8 with 1710 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 20:24 - Oct 8 by majorraglan

Enjoyed the first half, but found the second half very very frustrating as there was too much passing around at the back and unnecessary risk taking. Sunderland were pressing and instead of getting rid of the ball the Swans defenders were playing very short passes and playing each other in to trouble. On another day it could easily have cost points as it has in the past.

I get the philosophy, but done times needs must and they should just boot it upfield. The 3 points is very welcome.

Spot on, played right into their hands, luckily we got away with it, this time!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 21:21 - Oct 8 with 1690 viewsBadlands

Anyone know how Sunderland ended with 11 players on the pitch?
Good performance from us bar the Darling / Wood errors that led to their goal.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 22:50 - Oct 8 with 1570 viewsonehunglow

We have the talent to kill off the likes of Sunderland before half time.
Today we almost did but then went ape again

We need fear nobody.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 23:04 - Oct 8 with 1544 viewsCatullus

Sadly I had to work today but I bumped into several mackems in town tonight and they said we dominated for 60 but then they came back and could have pinched a draw but overall they said we deserved it.

Nice thing was, they said we were the best home fans so far this season. Thought the atmosphere was good and they liked swansea too, very friendly, proper fans and not so many knobheads, they were down Wind Street in their football tops and not having any trouble, but it was early, about 7pm.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 23:14 - Oct 8 with 1510 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 23:04 - Oct 8 by Catullus

Sadly I had to work today but I bumped into several mackems in town tonight and they said we dominated for 60 but then they came back and could have pinched a draw but overall they said we deserved it.

Nice thing was, they said we were the best home fans so far this season. Thought the atmosphere was good and they liked swansea too, very friendly, proper fans and not so many knobheads, they were down Wind Street in their football tops and not having any trouble, but it was early, about 7pm.

Hope the Welsh welcome has continued.
It is only a game and we are all football fans.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 23:58 - Oct 8 with 1444 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 21:21 - Oct 8 by Badlands

Anyone know how Sunderland ended with 11 players on the pitch?
Good performance from us bar the Darling / Wood errors that led to their goal.

If that hadn’t have happened they wouldn’t have got that second wind. Would have been a much more comfortable victory. I felt for Piroe when Obafemi elected to turn into two defenders instead of laying the ball of to him for a gimme.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 00:26 - Oct 9 with 1417 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 22:50 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

We have the talent to kill off the likes of Sunderland before half time.
Today we almost did but then went ape again

We need fear nobody.

And won.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 01:10 - Oct 9 with 1390 viewsswan65split

There were a few in PT today as well
Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 08:51 - Oct 9 with 1186 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 00:26 - Oct 9 by NotLoyal

And won.

We did indeed J.
Lovely innit

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 10:18 - Oct 9 with 1104 viewsBadlands

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 23:04 - Oct 8 by Catullus

Some scary moments and there's always a chance of gifting a goal, ref falling for a penalty shout etc but, although they pressed, in reality they didn’t look like getting a second.
IMO their goalkeeper kept them in it. Another game that should have seen us getting more goals.
Possibly time for Obafemi to start in place of Piroe.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 10:26 - Oct 9 with 1094 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 10:18 - Oct 9 by Badlands

Some scary moments and there's always a chance of gifting a goal, ref falling for a penalty shout etc but, although they pressed, in reality they didn’t look like getting a second.
IMO their goalkeeper kept them in it. Another game that should have seen us getting more goals.
Possibly time for Obafemi to start in place of Piroe.

Yesterday was more evidence, if any were needed, that Piroe simply can't play upfront on his own without Paterson (or someone similar) behind him. His longest spell without a goal last season came when JP was out of the side, and he's clearly not firing without him this season either.

Our best attacking option in the absence of Pato is to play him at #10 with Obafemi ahead of him. Was obvious last season, is even more so now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 12:05 - Oct 9 with 1003 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 10:26 - Oct 9 by Dr_Winston

Yesterday was more evidence, if any were needed, that Piroe simply can't play upfront on his own without Paterson (or someone similar) behind him. His longest spell without a goal last season came when JP was out of the side, and he's clearly not firing without him this season either.

Our best attacking option in the absence of Pato is to play him at #10 with Obafemi ahead of him. Was obvious last season, is even more so now.

I’m not sure there’s a lot Paterson does that Oli Cooper doesn’t. He may have slightly more guile, but Cooper is just as capable of threading key balls through.

Piroe is just off form. He’s had half chances the last couple of games, the kind he was burying last season.

I’d be happy to give him a rest and see how Cooper and Obafemi do.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 12:33 - Oct 9 with 964 viewsRichardO

Anybody have an idea what the first half possession stats were yesterday?
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:39 - Oct 9 with 952 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 12:05 - Oct 9 by jack247

I’m not sure there’s a lot Paterson does that Oli Cooper doesn’t. He may have slightly more guile, but Cooper is just as capable of threading key balls through.

Piroe is just off form. He’s had half chances the last couple of games, the kind he was burying last season.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 13:41 - Oct 9 with 900 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 12:05 - Oct 9 by jack247

I think we need to be careful not to get over excited with the shiny new thing.

Cooper has got a long, long way to go to match what Paterson did last season. To match the kind of relationship he had on the pitch with Piroe. He is doing well certainly, but not that well. Not yet.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 16:54 - Oct 9 with 792 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 13:41 - Oct 9 by Dr_Winston

I think we need to be careful not to get over excited with the shiny new thing.

Cooper has got a long, long way to go to match what Paterson did last season. To match the kind of relationship he had on the pitch with Piroe. He is doing well certainly, but not that well. Not yet.

Yes, you’re right Cooper is a relatively young player who has just broken in to a Championship team for the first time. He’s been excellent to date, but there are bound to be peaks and troughs throughout the season.

Paterson was sublime at times last season, but he also had periods where he was in the team based on what he was doing earlier in the season, rather than his form at the time. Piroe remained consistent more or less right through, playing as a 9 then a 10.

Unfortunately, I think Piroe just isn’t at his best at the moment. He’s getting chances and not converting them. That wasn’t happening last season.
Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 16:55 - Oct 9 with 789 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sunderland : Matchday Thread 2022/23 ITS TODAY ! on 16:54 - Oct 9 by jack247

Yes, you’re right Cooper is a relatively young player who has just broken in to a Championship team for the first time. He’s been excellent to date, but there are bound to be peaks and troughs throughout the season.

Paterson was sublime at times last season, but he also had periods where he was in the team based on what he was doing earlier in the season, rather than his form at the time. Piroe remained consistent more or less right through, playing as a 9 then a 10.

Unfortunately, I think Piroe just isn’t at his best at the moment. He’s getting chances and not converting them. That wasn’t happening last season.

Post WBA away home he lost it, team players are what we need.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024