Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone still want VAR in the championship 23:13 - Sep 3 with 11421 viewsloftboy

Absolutely shocking decision at Chelscum today.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 09:33 - Sep 4 with 1763 viewsDWQPR

For me it doesn’t stop the bias towards the bigger clubs, an example being the stonewall penalty that Brighton didn’t get against ManUre on the opening day. And when I hear that one of the VAR refs involved in one of the incidents yesterday was our old friend and outrageous cheat Lee Mason then I’m sure that I am right. No doubt had North Battersea scored that late goal yesterday and not Wham then the goal would have stood. The game survived for 150 years without this crud. Introducing goal line technology was a great idea, but VAR is hideous. At least in the championship we can moan about referee displays which I would rather do than moan about super analysed decisions that are so obviously wrong.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 10:04 - Sep 4 with 1713 viewsJuzzie

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:41 - Sep 3 by qpr_1968

if var cant get decisions right, whats the point of it.
always said, and that is initially what i thought they were only going to use it for, is if the ball crosses the goal line.

dont need it for anything else.

VAR is separate from goal line technology. At least that works.

The VAR people not giving a goal because someones big toe, quite literally, is offside is just an utter farce.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 10:32 - Sep 4 with 1648 viewsfrancisbowles

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:47 - Sep 4 by HAYESBOY

Sometimes you get to celebrate twice.

.......and sometimes you celebrate, remove your shirt, and then the VAR overturns the goal because your big toe is in front of someone's heel. The yellow card stands though!
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 10:42 - Sep 4 with 1641 viewsdistortR

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:46 - Sep 4 by nix

No because I hate watching Prem football when they can't even celebrate a goal any more. And I think if you can't tell with the naked eye whether or not it's offside they should stick with the on field decision.

Also, I think VAR still favours the bigger clubs, so what's the point? That's the only thing that it theoretically had in its favour, to balance that out.

The real issue is that our standard of refereeing is so very poor. I don't understand why because they're paid better, they're trained better, they have more time to develop their skills, but the standard is so much worse than when I was younger.

I wonder if the refereeing is much worse, or is it more to do with over-analysis of decisions, players actively being taught how to 'win' a decision (The screaming of players seeking a freekick, that became so apparent in lockdown and working on human empathy, is loathsome) and the muddle of new directives from those that run the game?
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 10:45 - Sep 4 with 1624 viewsswitchingcode

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:48 - Sep 4 by daveB

yeah same people getting it wrong in real time are getting it wrong on video.

Yesterday was a farce in the Prem. The Villa goal an awful decsion by the ref to blow early, Leeds should have had a penalty and ended with the manager sent off. Those West ham and Newcastle ones were awful

Scrap the bloody thing, I don't think I could cope with celebrating a goal like Diengs at sunderland and then having to wait 5 minutes for someone at the other end of the country to let me know if it's Ok or not.

VAR is a good idea but is executed so poorly

Our mutual friend Keith Stroud was the 4 th official and got the limelight he craves when he managed to get Marsch sent off.Rob Jones as bad a ref in the PL as he was in the championship
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 11:16 - Sep 4 with 1575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Knock it all on the head and replace it with a kind of appeals system like in tennis.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 11:23 - Sep 4 with 1561 viewsTGRRRSSS

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 09:33 - Sep 4 by DWQPR

For me it doesn’t stop the bias towards the bigger clubs, an example being the stonewall penalty that Brighton didn’t get against ManUre on the opening day. And when I hear that one of the VAR refs involved in one of the incidents yesterday was our old friend and outrageous cheat Lee Mason then I’m sure that I am right. No doubt had North Battersea scored that late goal yesterday and not Wham then the goal would have stood. The game survived for 150 years without this crud. Introducing goal line technology was a great idea, but VAR is hideous. At least in the championship we can moan about referee displays which I would rather do than moan about super analysed decisions that are so obviously wrong.

This all day long that Brighton thing was scandalous and ok they won but nevertheless.

Likewise yesterday I too an convinced had it been the other way round would have been a goal - of course we cannot prove what didn't happen but we can look to previous decisions.

VAR should have been about goal line technology only like the Lampard non goal again Germany in 2010, serious violent misconduct and offside.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 11:34 - Sep 4 with 1557 viewsstanistheman

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 00:31 - Sep 4 by daveB

Shit refs giving shit decsions after seering the replay no different to shit refs getting it wrong in real time

The newcastle one was just as bad

I agree and have always said VA is only as good as the R using it. If they are blind, stupid, useless or just plain biased, it isn't going to work.

The Newcastle, West Ham goals and the Leeds 'penalty' not given yesterday were a complete and utter joke. The on field officials also need to be stronger and tell the R that they disagree with them and ask to see action in normal speed rather than slow motion of the same angle. Yes it will delay the game, but the results should be more accurate.

The standard of refereeing in England is terrible.

If we had VAR yesterday, the Swansea player concedes a free kick and gets sent off, but it probably wouldn't have even been checked as the ref didn't even think it was a foul and it was outside the area.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 11:47 - Sep 4 with 1536 viewsnightwish

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 23:50 - Sep 3 by dmm

I don't want VAR but I can't help wonder what it would have made of the foul on Willock today.

With the decisions made with VAR yesterday they would probably of recommended Willock was sent off for allowing the defender to foul him
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 12:34 - Sep 4 with 1481 viewsHAYESBOY

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 10:32 - Sep 4 by francisbowles

.......and sometimes you celebrate, remove your shirt, and then the VAR overturns the goal because your big toe is in front of someone's heel. The yellow card stands though!

Don't remove your shirt (a pet peeve of mine, would fine the player), and unfortunately, you're offside. Simples.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 12:58 - Sep 4 with 1431 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I caught MOTD last night and it seems to me VAR isn’t the problem per se, it’s how the evidence it presents is interpreted by the officials.

VAR didn’t get the decisions at Newcastle and Chelsea wrong, the refs did.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 13:09 - Sep 4 with 1411 viewsnix

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 10:42 - Sep 4 by distortR

I wonder if the refereeing is much worse, or is it more to do with over-analysis of decisions, players actively being taught how to 'win' a decision (The screaming of players seeking a freekick, that became so apparent in lockdown and working on human empathy, is loathsome) and the muddle of new directives from those that run the game?

I know what you mean but those aren't the issues I have a problem with. If someone has trodden on someone's big toe and the ref has missed it, then he's human. It's the ones where the issue is obvious with the naked eye to EVERYONE else in the ground but the officials. It's the inconsistencies. So we get a player booked for cynical foul, then twenty minutes later, the opponent does an identical one and it's just a word in their ear. It's the stupid 'rules' where you don't send someone off or give a penalty early in the game. It's the ridiculous decisions like the West Ham disallowed goal where they actually had the technology but still most people thought they got it wrong (including refs on ref chat). Remember VAR is about clear and obvious mistakes, that wasn't it.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 13:43 - Sep 4 with 1376 viewstraininvain

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 12:58 - Sep 4 by PlanetHonneywood

I caught MOTD last night and it seems to me VAR isn’t the problem per se, it’s how the evidence it presents is interpreted by the officials.

VAR didn’t get the decisions at Newcastle and Chelsea wrong, the refs did.

West Ham’s disallowed goal at Chelsea looked completely bent. Agree with Moyes that both the ref and VAR official want investigating.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 14:03 - Sep 4 with 1358 viewsTHEBUSH

Yes Im in favour of VAR.

Most other sporting events use some form of technology.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 14:12 - Sep 4 with 1337 viewsterryb

I don't like VAR, but it shouldn't be difficult to improve the system!

Instead of having regular refs sitting in their hotel room watching the screen, they should be appointing refs who have qualified for that position. It doesn't matter if the VAR official has experience in "controlling" a game, just that he can interpret the laws of the game as stipulated by FIFA.

Mason was an awful referee so it must follow that he will make the same awful decisions as the VAR referee. At least Oliver kept to his own decision & didn't follow the advice given ro him!

From what I've seen, the West Ham decision wasn't even the worst yesterday! I think that award must go to the disallowing of the Newcastle goal, with the West Ham goal & the non penalty for Leeds challenging .
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 14:16 - Sep 4 with 1332 viewsdistortR

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 13:09 - Sep 4 by nix

I know what you mean but those aren't the issues I have a problem with. If someone has trodden on someone's big toe and the ref has missed it, then he's human. It's the ones where the issue is obvious with the naked eye to EVERYONE else in the ground but the officials. It's the inconsistencies. So we get a player booked for cynical foul, then twenty minutes later, the opponent does an identical one and it's just a word in their ear. It's the stupid 'rules' where you don't send someone off or give a penalty early in the game. It's the ridiculous decisions like the West Ham disallowed goal where they actually had the technology but still most people thought they got it wrong (including refs on ref chat). Remember VAR is about clear and obvious mistakes, that wasn't it.

Yeah,I can't disagree with any of that. The ref v Hull let a bit go from both sides, but he was consistent. I do wonder, with the levels of scrutiny, if they aren't over-thinking things at time. The VAR decisions at Brentford, Chelsea and Newcastle yesterday were inexplicable, though.
So, Dykes - just biff it into the net
Ref - give what you see
Simples.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 14:25 - Sep 4 with 1316 viewsThe_Beast1976

Here's a novel idea - how about paying the refs the same amount per year as the top players get. You'd then have hundreds of thousands of people (including ex professional players) who would aspire to be professional referees (because of the earnings power), thereby dramatically increasing the standard of referring. I mean, it's not as if the money isn't there now is it (but they all seem to want to dish it out to players and agents)
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 15:10 - Sep 4 with 1271 viewsLblock

Surely the biggest single black mark against VAR has to be the scandal of the last "Richest Game In Football" (C) SkyvvankSports????

I am amazed there wasn't a HUGE outcry over the handling of the Final by Moss.
Once I learned that he was actually retiring from the frontline but would in effect by the boss of all the referees it fell into place why the VAR official didn't step up and say into his earpiece "Ermmmmmm... Jon..... I think you've made a mistake there in one of the most watched global games there is and the big club Florist should be out".

Really rankles me that disgrace and I'm no lover of Huddersfield.

Experienced VAR first hand in the Nations League when Englands goal v Holland was ruled out..... felt really odd celebrating in the ground then stopping and checking if it was okay to impulsively go mad... by which time you don't anyway!
Hate the thing and I'd gladly stay in the Championship to avoid it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 15:13 - Sep 4 with 1269 viewsaston_hoop

If anyone can tell me what the Brighton goal has been disallowed for, I'd love to know. Took 5 minutes to decide too

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 15:18 - Sep 4 with 1263 viewshamptonhillhoop

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 15:13 - Sep 4 by aston_hoop

If anyone can tell me what the Brighton goal has been disallowed for, I'd love to know. Took 5 minutes to decide too

I assume it's because the bloke who went for the overhead kick was offside when the free kick came in. Missed it completely, but deemed to be interfering with play. Bit like Watford's goal last week.
Cracking goal though, must be a nightmare in the Premier League, you can never fully celebrate a goal
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 15:43 - Sep 4 with 1238 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 15:18 - Sep 4 by hamptonhillhoop

I assume it's because the bloke who went for the overhead kick was offside when the free kick came in. Missed it completely, but deemed to be interfering with play. Bit like Watford's goal last week.
Cracking goal though, must be a nightmare in the Premier League, you can never fully celebrate a goal

Missed the kick then the ball hit the defender and bounced out /was cleared for McAllister to unload one of the best goals so far then chalked off by VAR.
I thought interfeering with play only involved disrupting the keepers view or causing him to miss the save because he was interfeered with .
It was the wall that blocked this ball nowhere near the keeper ,I have no clue anymore
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 17:15 - Sep 4 with 1165 viewsstevenagehoop

Nothing wrong with the technology - it’s the standard of officials that leaves a lot to be desired. Yesterday just highlighted how much the standards have fallen. Used to be a time our officials were best in the world unfortunately those days have long gone instant decisions can be forgiven but some of the decisions reached through var have been unbelievable they really have no excuses.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 17:19 - Sep 4 with 1159 viewsNorthernr

They've got to be doing it this badly deliberately in the hope it's ditched. I reckon they all hate it too.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 17:36 - Sep 4 with 1127 viewsTrom

Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 08:02 - Sep 4 by denhamhoop2

Why does anyone think adding another poor referee into the decision making process will make things better.
Refs make correct decisions they make incorrect decisions that's part of football
When the NFL voted on use of video replays it was voted in 29 to 1 my team were the one voting against because they said refereeing mistakes were an integral part of the game and they are all VAR does is delay them and allow 2 different people to make decisions either correct or incorrect

I think the stop-start nature of the NFL makes it less intrusive. Plus whilst not infallible they don't seem to make so many mistakes and rely on the clear evidence criteria to overturn.

For things like offside in football, I think they could do with a band rather than a sharp line that incorporates a degree of uncertainty. So it would need to be clear and obvious to be overruled. I also think that it should be a rule and not refs discretion after reviewing. Either it's clear and obvious or not.
Anyone still want VAR in the championship on 17:45 - Sep 4 with 1114 viewsqpr_1968

lets ban var and scrap the offside rule.....problem solved.

watney cup anyone.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024