Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday was enough for me 15:50 - May 30 with 5756 viewsNotLoyal

But I'm in the 'who comes next' camp. Many clubs have decided to change coaches when it's clearly not the right thing to do.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Yesterday was enough for me on 00:55 - May 31 with 937 viewsSTID2017

Yesterday was enough for me on 21:54 - May 30 by Fireboy2

What p!ssed me off more than anything about yesterday was the teams lack of desire to put themselves about, ffs it was an effing play off final and they played like it was just another league game, I put this down to cooper.

NOT ONE ATTEMPT ON TARGET, that is just unacceptable.

But when we are allowed to watch again I will be back with the eldest even if cooper is still the manager, I bloody hope not though.

Too right
Cooper looked as he has for two years, passionless.
No wonder the players seemed undriven.
People condemned Fulton for his reckless challenge in the wrong half. At least it showed he gave a damn

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

(No subject) (n/t) on 05:51 - May 31 with 885 viewsFireboy2

Yesterday was enough for me on 07:07 - May 31 with 854 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Yesterday was enough for me on 21:02 - May 30 by Catullus

Yeah, those who turn up for all the big games but then cash in on their seats for other games and vanish completely after relegation.

Plenty of us on here had pretty much had enough of Coopers "style" months back. The terrible, negative football. Call it pragmatic all you like but you're not going to win a game if you can't get a shot on target and when you can't defend either the club is only going one way.
I think it's time for a change but don't ask me who. Michael Appleton maybe? I watched Lincoln a few times and they were entertaining.

He would be a good shout. The whole club at this moment seems stale, it’s felt this way since Christmas. A change is definitely needed (manager not owners).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Yesterday was enough for me on 10:30 - May 31 with 785 viewsCatullus

Yesterday was enough for me on 21:29 - May 30 by OptimisticJack

His father was a disaster with us.

What does that prove? Alex Ferguson was a brilliant manager but Darren?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Yesterday was enough for me on 11:37 - May 31 with 755 viewsmajorraglan

There’s an interesting article on the BBC about Norwich going back up, reading the article it’s clear they aren’t going to splash the cash in pursuit of marinating their PL status and that the club will be run on a sustainable basis which I believe is the way forward.

The Swans appeared to be run that way for a while, but then retaining PL status at all costs appeared to take over as the primary goal and while the club didn’t have the huge amounts of debt some clubs had it had a level of debt and commitments it couldn’t service after relegation. The last few seasons were pretty poor and with hindsight it’s clear some poor transfers were were made transfer wise which hamstrung the club moving forward. Maybe, if the club had been run more sustainably, when the dreaded day came and the club was relegated it would have been in a strong position to bounce back. West Brom and Norwich are 2 current examples of yo yo clubs while Burnley have been there too.
Yesterday was enough for me on 12:35 - May 31 with 721 viewsthornabyswan

Yesterday was enough for me on 11:37 - May 31 by majorraglan

There’s an interesting article on the BBC about Norwich going back up, reading the article it’s clear they aren’t going to splash the cash in pursuit of marinating their PL status and that the club will be run on a sustainable basis which I believe is the way forward.

The Swans appeared to be run that way for a while, but then retaining PL status at all costs appeared to take over as the primary goal and while the club didn’t have the huge amounts of debt some clubs had it had a level of debt and commitments it couldn’t service after relegation. The last few seasons were pretty poor and with hindsight it’s clear some poor transfers were were made transfer wise which hamstrung the club moving forward. Maybe, if the club had been run more sustainably, when the dreaded day came and the club was relegated it would have been in a strong position to bounce back. West Brom and Norwich are 2 current examples of yo yo clubs while Burnley have been there too.

Cant argue with 2 play offs on rhe bounce.

But the football has been a hard watch.

Let's get someone in who will get us passing the ball and playing some football.

Automatics were there for the taking and we blew it.

Now whether you blame Cooper or the players it's debatable but either way I would like a change.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Yesterday was enough for me on 12:55 - May 31 with 726 viewsjackrabbit

Yesterday was enough for me on 12:35 - May 31 by thornabyswan

Cant argue with 2 play offs on rhe bounce.

But the football has been a hard watch.

Let's get someone in who will get us passing the ball and playing some football.

Automatics were there for the taking and we blew it.

Now whether you blame Cooper or the players it's debatable but either way I would like a change.

Can’t argue with this but I do worry that we’ll miss his little black book. He has lots of contacts.
Yesterday was enough for me on 12:58 - May 31 with 712 viewsBadlands

Yesterday was enough for me on 21:54 - May 30 by Fireboy2

What p!ssed me off more than anything about yesterday was the teams lack of desire to put themselves about, ffs it was an effing play off final and they played like it was just another league game, I put this down to cooper.

NOT ONE ATTEMPT ON TARGET, that is just unacceptable.

But when we are allowed to watch again I will be back with the eldest even if cooper is still the manager, I bloody hope not though.

TBF the instant any of our players touched a Brentford flower he crumpled cried and Kavanagh was happy to penalise us,
Hope Cooper goes, from the September after he arrived it was obvious (to some) that he was another Garry. Both got points but at a huge cost to the club and both failed to get ateam working or the best from individuals.
Some prIse him for developing youngsters ... where ate they? Cabango and Guehi are very good players andmade the progress i would expect from playing regularly. Woodman IMO has gone backwards. Who else has he unearthed? Cullen? Bit parts from an energetic you youngster.
Other young players who have been / are at the club have all fallen by the wayside.
Very little evidence of man management. He didn’t even give bench players a couple of minutes on the pitch on Saturday.
We had a very good squad last year and this but next season will be a strugle. Whoever comes in will pretty much have to start from scratch.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday was enough for me on 13:05 - May 31 with 721 viewsFireboy2

Yesterday was enough for me on 12:58 - May 31 by Badlands

TBF the instant any of our players touched a Brentford flower he crumpled cried and Kavanagh was happy to penalise us,
Hope Cooper goes, from the September after he arrived it was obvious (to some) that he was another Garry. Both got points but at a huge cost to the club and both failed to get ateam working or the best from individuals.
Some prIse him for developing youngsters ... where ate they? Cabango and Guehi are very good players andmade the progress i would expect from playing regularly. Woodman IMO has gone backwards. Who else has he unearthed? Cullen? Bit parts from an energetic you youngster.
Other young players who have been / are at the club have all fallen by the wayside.
Very little evidence of man management. He didn’t even give bench players a couple of minutes on the pitch on Saturday.
We had a very good squad last year and this but next season will be a strugle. Whoever comes in will pretty much have to start from scratch.

He has sucked the confidence from players, we have gone very negative, his gameplan is to nick a lucky goal, sit back and hope for the best.

As I've said saturday was a total embarrassment.
Yesterday was enough for me on 13:16 - May 31 with 714 viewsmonmouth

Yesterday was enough for me on 11:37 - May 31 by majorraglan

The main objective after 2013 was to sell the club and cash in. It was the only thing that the owners cared about. That meant they gave not a single hoot about what the club did as long as it stayed up long enough to sell. That is at the root of everything that has happened since.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Yesterday was enough for me on 13:19 - May 31 with 711 viewsmonmouth

Yesterday was enough for me on 12:55 - May 31 by jackrabbit

Can’t argue with this but I do worry that we’ll miss his little black book. He has lots of contacts.

That’s an easy one. Just look at the tea sheet for his England U21. That’s it. Plus we’ve had all of those that he could get, or we’d have already have had the others.

He is no loss. Get. Him. Out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Yesterday was enough for me on 13:30 - May 31 with 703 viewsalwaysblue

From play offs to next season relegation for you 😁
Yesterday was enough for me on 13:37 - May 31 with 699 viewsKeithHaynes

Yesterday was enough for me on 13:30 - May 31 by alwaysblue

You have mystical qualities, can you predict the real future though ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Yesterday was enough for me on 13:46 - May 31 with 684 viewsraynor94

Yesterday was enough for me on 13:30 - May 31 by alwaysblue

All, weekend, and that's the best you can come up with

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Yesterday was enough for me on 14:03 - May 31 with 674 viewsOptimisticJack

Our club run a very tight ship in the earlier stages of our Premier League campaign hence why our directors received huge bonuses based on profits right up to the year before the sale
As soon as they sold to the first ones who came along Jenkins splased the cash as if there was no tomorrow .
The tight ship was no longer there and we are still paying for it to this day.
The sell outs have so much to answer for.
They got off lightly and should have been hounded out of the city like Petty and Lewis.

Optimisticjack

Yesterday was enough for me on 14:17 - May 31 with 664 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yesterday was enough for me on 13:16 - May 31 by monmouth

The main objective after 2013 was to sell the club and cash in. It was the only thing that the owners cared about. That meant they gave not a single hoot about what the club did as long as it stayed up long enough to sell. That is at the root of everything that has happened since.

This is simply not true. Some owners like the venture capitalists from France and South Africa for sure did, maybe the rugby guy. The SCST should have cashed in too but stated very clearly their shares were not for sale. They also had no mandate. This was just poor management on their part in my opinion.

The two main local investors are still at the club Jenkins and Morgan. They unlike the SCST do not want to run away. They did what they said they would do and sold a proportion of their shares to good US buyers who were genuine people. I believe some of the 28 investors actually got up early to watch the game. if I was 1%-2% owner of the St Loius Cardinals I certainly would.

Trust sympathisers told us they were:

a) Dodgey asett strippers.
b) Would flip the club for a profit
c) Would leave once the parachutes were gone.
d) would never invest a bean in the club

None of this is actually true. d) is debateable but Silverstein stated he wanted to convert his loan into shares. Thow in a dash of xenophia and anti 'Yankism' and bit more. They used this propoganda via forums to justify a court case presenting a "there is no alternative" to the dim members.

THe SCST need to do the decent thing and come clean on the court case and show a welcome to their US ownership partners who are their best hope of cashing in on their excessively large holding in the football club. 21% is Ok for a league 1 or 2 team not one paying players £30k a week or more until tommorrow in fact when Ayew and one or two others are happily off the books.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Yesterday was enough for me on 14:21 - May 31 with 660 views34dfgdf54

Yesterday was enough for me on 13:37 - May 31 by KeithHaynes

You have mystical qualities, can you predict the real future though ?

I don’t think these numpties realise how much sh*t their club is in financially.
Yesterday was enough for me on 14:26 - May 31 with 659 viewsOptimisticJack

Yesterday was enough for me on 14:17 - May 31 by ReslovenSwan1

This is simply not true. Some owners like the venture capitalists from France and South Africa for sure did, maybe the rugby guy. The SCST should have cashed in too but stated very clearly their shares were not for sale. They also had no mandate. This was just poor management on their part in my opinion.

The two main local investors are still at the club Jenkins and Morgan. They unlike the SCST do not want to run away. They did what they said they would do and sold a proportion of their shares to good US buyers who were genuine people. I believe some of the 28 investors actually got up early to watch the game. if I was 1%-2% owner of the St Loius Cardinals I certainly would.

Trust sympathisers told us they were:

a) Dodgey asett strippers.
b) Would flip the club for a profit
c) Would leave once the parachutes were gone.
d) would never invest a bean in the club

None of this is actually true. d) is debateable but Silverstein stated he wanted to convert his loan into shares. Thow in a dash of xenophia and anti 'Yankism' and bit more. They used this propoganda via forums to justify a court case presenting a "there is no alternative" to the dim members.

THe SCST need to do the decent thing and come clean on the court case and show a welcome to their US ownership partners who are their best hope of cashing in on their excessively large holding in the football club. 21% is Ok for a league 1 or 2 team not one paying players £30k a week or more until tommorrow in fact when Ayew and one or two others are happily off the books.

I suspect you are one of the sell outs or close to them hence your constant criticism of the trust as being in fear of a court case.

[Post edited 31 May 2021 14:50]

Optimisticjack

Yesterday was enough for me on 15:14 - May 31 with 629 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yesterday was enough for me on 14:26 - May 31 by OptimisticJack

I suspect you are one of the sell outs or close to them hence your constant criticism of the trust as being in fear of a court case.

[Post edited 31 May 2021 14:50]

You post is a cop out to avoid debate. I criticise the SCST because their performance has been lamentable and the members have been misled up the garden path.

I have advised them to review their history using a impartial independant business analyst and publish his report. He would advise them on a suitable strategy with working with obverseas owners. 21% is way too big for them and always was.

I am not happy that the club owners are too scared to show up in Swansea for fear of abuse and intiminadtion. This is a family club. Differences need to be settled. The sale was 5 years ago.
[Post edited 31 May 2021 15:16]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Yesterday was enough for me on 15:24 - May 31 with 621 viewsChief

Yesterday was enough for me on 15:14 - May 31 by ReslovenSwan1

You post is a cop out to avoid debate. I criticise the SCST because their performance has been lamentable and the members have been misled up the garden path.

I have advised them to review their history using a impartial independant business analyst and publish his report. He would advise them on a suitable strategy with working with obverseas owners. 21% is way too big for them and always was.

I am not happy that the club owners are too scared to show up in Swansea for fear of abuse and intiminadtion. This is a family club. Differences need to be settled. The sale was 5 years ago.
[Post edited 31 May 2021 15:16]

****RANDOM UNWARRANTED DIG AT SUPPORTERS TRUST ALERT****

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Yesterday was enough for me on 15:28 - May 31 with 615 viewsKeithHaynes

I spoke to a trust member recently, in the know as much as anyone, and he said “ what court case” and laughed. He meant it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Yesterday was enough for me on 15:30 - May 31 with 609 viewsthornabyswan

Yesterday was enough for me on 12:55 - May 31 by jackrabbit

Yes agree on that mate.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Yesterday was enough for me on 15:34 - May 31 with 606 viewsChief

Yesterday was enough for me on 15:28 - May 31 by KeithHaynes

I spoke to a trust member recently, in the know as much as anyone, and he said “ what court case” and laughed. He meant it.

Any idea what's happened then? Cost prohibitive or something?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Yesterday was enough for me on 15:35 - May 31 with 597 viewsthornabyswan

Yesterday was enough for me on 13:19 - May 31 by monmouth

That’s an easy one. Just look at the tea sheet for his England U21. That’s it. Plus we’ve had all of those that he could get, or we’d have already have had the others.

He is no loss. Get. Him. Out.

I want him out as well but no point pretending he did not have good connections and PL clubs liked him and would trust us with their youngsters.

This may not be the case with the new manager

Yesterday was enough for me on 15:42 - May 31 with 590 viewsjasper_T

Yesterday was enough for me on 15:35 - May 31 by thornabyswan

I want him out as well but no point pretending he did not have good connections and PL clubs liked him and would trust us with their youngsters.

This may not be the case with the new manager

A manager who will trust our own is fine. Half the Championship is hosting PL academy prospects, play the right way and clubs will want their best players coming here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024