Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knee booed by horny fans? 00:31 - Dec 31 with 20731 viewsHighjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55493844

This post has been edited by an administrator

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Knee booed by horny fans? on 10:56 - Jan 4 with 1098 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 10:36 - Jan 4 by Chief

We have black players, id say its definitely for them. As i say whether its fit for purpose or should be for the players (mainly the black players I'd suggest) to decide.

The only desire for conflict i can see is coming from the people actively opposing the act.

It is not about being black, it is about racial oppression. Our millionaire players are not oppressed. You aren't automatically oppressed just because you are black, you have to actually be oppressed. The gesture is for unity, yet it is causing division. They don't decide what is fit for purpose, the reception decides if it is fit for purpose - because the purpose is unity.

Opposing a politically linked gesture isn't causing conflict. That is a reaction to the divisive gesture. The gesture came before the opposition.

It has been said many times now if the gesture is about a message, then everyone can be on board with that message if the gesture is not political, as it currently is.

That simple.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 11:00]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:03 - Jan 4 with 1078 viewsHighjack

Knee booed by horny fans? on 08:13 - Jan 4 by SkipTheJack

I'm astonished by some of the comments on this thread. Talk of Marxism and funding the Democrat party! It seems the UK has become as deluded as the many conspiracy theorists from the political right in the US. You probably believe in Satan-worshipping paedophile cabals as well, and Bill Gates vaccine conspiracies!

Taking the knee is about racial equality, social justice, and violence towards black people. Nothing more. There's no excuse for not getting behind it unless you're a massive racist, or right-wing, conspiracy-theory-swallowing nut job. Those clowns outside the Liberty are probably both!

There’s more than enough evidence out there in plain sight regarding powerful groups of paedophiles and other sex offenders protecting each other. Part of the reason as to why they get away with it all the time is people airily dismissing the allegations as a crackpot conspiracy theory. It’s probably their biggest weapons against their victims. “Who is going to believe you?”

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:06 - Jan 4 with 1077 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 10:44 - Jan 4 by Chief

I can see some players feeling an air of resignation about yes, similar to Assombalonga. I can see others resolve being strengthened too however.

All SHOULD be equal. In reality, sadly that's not the case, hence gestures such as this.

Who isn’t equal? And where?

There are many examples of racial and minority inequality in the world, usually indigenous or religious based. I could give you examples and tell you exactly how they are oppressed too. Oppression is very easy to demonstrate.

I would be interested to hear who you think isn’t equal and how that is the case though. Most struggle with that question. BLM knee gesture was born out of the police case involving Trayvon Martin, with the notion that African Americans are being killed by police disproportionately- which turns out to not be true. Colin Kaepernick then started doing that in NFL games.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 11:18]

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:07 - Jan 4 with 1075 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:03 - Jan 4 by Highjack

There’s more than enough evidence out there in plain sight regarding powerful groups of paedophiles and other sex offenders protecting each other. Part of the reason as to why they get away with it all the time is people airily dismissing the allegations as a crackpot conspiracy theory. It’s probably their biggest weapons against their victims. “Who is going to believe you?”

Sounds like someone who believes Prince Andrew can’t sweat and he remembers being in a Pizza Express...

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:18 - Jan 4 with 1058 viewsLohengrin

Knee booed by horny fans? on 23:39 - Jan 3 by londonlisa2001

In fairness Loh, you are confusing the ‘legions’ of peaceful, respectful marchers for racial equality with a bunch of hooligans. It works both ways.

Did you by any chance see the coverage of the delightful Sasha Johnson and Ash Sarkar leading off the BLM demonstration in Wood Green three weeks ago?

Lovely girls those two.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:31 - Jan 4 with 1047 viewsLohengrin

Knee booed by horny fans? on 23:49 - Jan 3 by londonlisa2001

I’ve certainly never seen any sort of demonstration involving the ‘right’, whether it be EDL, football ‘lads’, pro Brexit or anti BLM march that doesn’t involve the Nazi salute.

The clenched fist is not a ‘black power‘ salute, it’s a gesture of resistance that’s been used by all sorts of groups protesting against what they perceive as establishment oppression for the last century.
As you well know.

Oh! I know what it is, Lis. I don’t need telling...

https://thumbs-prod.si-cdn.com/W4VKwQpYbR3qT86a6tR_Z1oIwZA=/1024x596/

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:34 - Jan 4 with 1040 viewsChief

Knee booed by horny fans? on 10:56 - Jan 4 by Dr_Parnassus

It is not about being black, it is about racial oppression. Our millionaire players are not oppressed. You aren't automatically oppressed just because you are black, you have to actually be oppressed. The gesture is for unity, yet it is causing division. They don't decide what is fit for purpose, the reception decides if it is fit for purpose - because the purpose is unity.

Opposing a politically linked gesture isn't causing conflict. That is a reaction to the divisive gesture. The gesture came before the opposition.

It has been said many times now if the gesture is about a message, then everyone can be on board with that message if the gesture is not political, as it currently is.

That simple.

I don't think its for us to cast aspersions on whether our players are / been oppressed. Just because they are wealthy, it doesn't mean they haven't been. And yes it is also a sign of solidarity&to raise awareness. As i say the only people causing disunity are people interpreting at is being anything other than a symbol of described above. I disagree, its up to them to decide whether its fit for purpose. Not group white people outside the stadium or what i assume is a predominantly white forum either. Because it isn't about us.

The message (without misrepresentation or misinterpretation - obviously deliberately in lots of cases to further agendas) is a gesture on racial equality.

That simple.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:47 - Jan 4 with 1017 viewsonehunglow

Knee booed by horny fans? on 10:56 - Jan 4 by Dr_Parnassus

That simple.

It is as you state Sir.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:00 - Jan 4 with 998 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 11:34 - Jan 4 by Chief

I don't think its for us to cast aspersions on whether our players are / been oppressed. Just because they are wealthy, it doesn't mean they haven't been. And yes it is also a sign of solidarity&to raise awareness. As i say the only people causing disunity are people interpreting at is being anything other than a symbol of described above. I disagree, its up to them to decide whether its fit for purpose. Not group white people outside the stadium or what i assume is a predominantly white forum either. Because it isn't about us.

The message (without misrepresentation or misinterpretation - obviously deliberately in lots of cases to further agendas) is a gesture on racial equality.

That simple.

Of course it is for us to say, oppression isn’t something that is subjective. It’s there or it isn’t.

It isn’t being interpreted as anything, the black power fist is literally the BLM logo and the knee is the BLM knee. It’s dishonest to say it’s being misinterpreted.

It has nothing to do with colour. Black people oppose it too, people don’t like far left politics of all racial backgrounds. Being white doesn’t give them less of a voice, equality is what they are after, everybody can have a say and everybody’s opinion is valid. To suggest the opposition of BLM is a “white thing” is not even close to the truth.

If the message is about racial equality then change the political gesture to one that focusses on the message for everyone then. Easy.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:27 - Jan 4 with 987 viewsChief

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:00 - Jan 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Of course it is for us to say, oppression isn’t something that is subjective. It’s there or it isn’t.

It isn’t being interpreted as anything, the black power fist is literally the BLM logo and the knee is the BLM knee. It’s dishonest to say it’s being misinterpreted.

It has nothing to do with colour. Black people oppose it too, people don’t like far left politics of all racial backgrounds. Being white doesn’t give them less of a voice, equality is what they are after, everybody can have a say and everybody’s opinion is valid. To suggest the opposition of BLM is a “white thing” is not even close to the truth.

If the message is about racial equality then change the political gesture to one that focusses on the message for everyone then. Easy.

Not quite as cut and dry as that is it? We have no idea what experiences our black players have been through& what they would class as oppression may be different to mine or your interpretation of it. Again within reason, as a white man i certainly don't think its my place to judge that.

It literally is, you yourself have stated that the players are doing this purely for racial reasons. Other people are (choosing in some instances) to interpret it in a different way which is of course classic misinterpretation.

Its entirely about colour. It's the whole premise. The fact is the people outside the liberty were all white mainly men. Its not a stretch to suggest that the people on here advocating opposition to it are of a similar ilk.

If the players feel they want and need to change the message I'd support that stance.

No doubt certain manipulators will be frantically trying to find some tenuous link between the new gesture to some mantra that disagree with however.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 12:37]

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:38 - Jan 4 with 981 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:27 - Jan 4 by Chief

Not quite as cut and dry as that is it? We have no idea what experiences our black players have been through& what they would class as oppression may be different to mine or your interpretation of it. Again within reason, as a white man i certainly don't think its my place to judge that.

It literally is, you yourself have stated that the players are doing this purely for racial reasons. Other people are (choosing in some instances) to interpret it in a different way which is of course classic misinterpretation.

Its entirely about colour. It's the whole premise. The fact is the people outside the liberty were all white mainly men. Its not a stretch to suggest that the people on here advocating opposition to it are of a similar ilk.

If the players feel they want and need to change the message I'd support that stance.

No doubt certain manipulators will be frantically trying to find some tenuous link between the new gesture to some mantra that disagree with however.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 12:37]

You can’t subjectively class something as oppression, it’s not subjective in the slightest. If they have been that would suggest they aren’t any more. Great, the world has moved on. Being white has nothing to do with the ability to understand what oppression is. The Irish have been oppressed, travellers still are racially abused today. Being white isn’t something to disqualify you from knowing what oppression is and where and how it occurs, some of the most racially targeted groups are white.

I haven’t said anything of the sort. I have no idea why the players are doing it. I can assume it because they don’t have the first clue what it means to the wider world. If they do and still do it then it’s a political thing because they can do something else and keep the message but chose not to. So I’m going to assume they don’t understand the politics.

White people are a majority in this country, of course it’s likely that anyone in any walk of life is white. Your average BLM supporter is white. But the people who oppose BLM are of all races. Rightly so. Droves of African Americans hate them with a passion. Why do you think that is?

The knee and the fist is not a tenuous link to BLM, again claiming so is being very dishonest. Nobody claimed the the Kick it Out banner was a link to left wing politics... because it obviously isn’t. That’s gone on for years unopposed including holding a banner up before most games. No issues, because it’s not political.

So again, who isn’t equal, and where - also in what way does that manifest itself? Wouldn’t it be better to look there and actually do something rather than talking about people sticking a knee on the floor?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 12:50]

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:40 - Jan 4 with 979 viewsonehunglow

and most travellers are white and Irish too.

A whole hornet's nest there.

Many see travellers as feral thieving scum

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:42 - Jan 4 with 976 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:40 - Jan 4 by onehunglow

and most travellers are white and Irish too.

A whole hornet's nest there.

Many see travellers as feral thieving scum

Travellers are the most racially oppressed group in Britain, of that I have very little doubt.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:58 - Jan 4 with 957 viewsChief

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:38 - Jan 4 by Dr_Parnassus

You can’t subjectively class something as oppression, it’s not subjective in the slightest. If they have been that would suggest they aren’t any more. Great, the world has moved on. Being white has nothing to do with the ability to understand what oppression is. The Irish have been oppressed, travellers still are racially abused today. Being white isn’t something to disqualify you from knowing what oppression is and where and how it occurs, some of the most racially targeted groups are white.

I haven’t said anything of the sort. I have no idea why the players are doing it. I can assume it because they don’t have the first clue what it means to the wider world. If they do and still do it then it’s a political thing because they can do something else and keep the message but chose not to. So I’m going to assume they don’t understand the politics.

White people are a majority in this country, of course it’s likely that anyone in any walk of life is white. Your average BLM supporter is white. But the people who oppose BLM are of all races. Rightly so. Droves of African Americans hate them with a passion. Why do you think that is?

The knee and the fist is not a tenuous link to BLM, again claiming so is being very dishonest. Nobody claimed the the Kick it Out banner was a link to left wing politics... because it obviously isn’t. That’s gone on for years unopposed including holding a banner up before most games. No issues, because it’s not political.

So again, who isn’t equal, and where - also in what way does that manifest itself? Wouldn’t it be better to look there and actually do something rather than talking about people sticking a knee on the floor?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 12:50]

Of course it can be subjective. Our black player's opinions on whether they've been oppressed in whatever shape or form may be very different to what we would class as oppression. They might not be being oppressed anymore but can you see that this gesture is also about solidarity with black people are obviously are or have been suffering oppression very recently?
All the above would apply to any other group who feel they are being oppressed.

Come on now don't be disingenuous. Are you actually implying our players are doing this gesture to further left wing policies and gain publicity for some of the wild links to their gesture? You are intelligent enough to realise they are doing this simply as a gesture for racial unity.

Yes indeed, i was commenting on the issues at the Liberty, where a group of white people have been booing our players for carrying out a gesture that they doing so in the name of raising awareness of black people's struggles. That in itself is not a good look is it?

As has been said, kick it out references no race or colour. Fortunately that can't be hijacked by anyone wanting to muddy the waters.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:03 - Jan 4 with 953 viewsonehunglow

Are they are race or simply travelling thieves from the Emerald Isle who feed on our people,many of whom are vulnerable.

If they are resident in Caravan Parks,they are not "travellers"

They travel to wherever they can to make a living paying no tax nor paying any attention to the Law of the land.

Many if not all flagrantly defraud and intimidate old people into having work done and the resulting detritus leaf behind is grotesque. I discriminate against all thieves.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:06 - Jan 4 with 952 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 12:58 - Jan 4 by Chief

Of course it can be subjective. Our black player's opinions on whether they've been oppressed in whatever shape or form may be very different to what we would class as oppression. They might not be being oppressed anymore but can you see that this gesture is also about solidarity with black people are obviously are or have been suffering oppression very recently?
All the above would apply to any other group who feel they are being oppressed.

Come on now don't be disingenuous. Are you actually implying our players are doing this gesture to further left wing policies and gain publicity for some of the wild links to their gesture? You are intelligent enough to realise they are doing this simply as a gesture for racial unity.

Yes indeed, i was commenting on the issues at the Liberty, where a group of white people have been booing our players for carrying out a gesture that they doing so in the name of raising awareness of black people's struggles. That in itself is not a good look is it?

As has been said, kick it out references no race or colour. Fortunately that can't be hijacked by anyone wanting to muddy the waters.

Again, it’s not subjective. Oppression is oppression, you can’t just decide you have been - it’s a demonstrable thing. If a race has been oppressed then it’s there for all to see, it isn’t a personal interpretation.

If it’s about solidarity then why do a gesture that people of all races including black people cannot abide by due to its political affiliation? Change it and focus on the issue.

I haven’t said the players are doing it for any reason. Not sure what you read there but it certainly wasn’t me saying what you are suggesting. My point is I have no idea why they are doing it, I don’t know them. I said that IF they understand the political connotations behind it that stop people from all races getting behind it, yet still choose to do it. Then it must be political. There is no other logical explanation to insist on doing a divisive gesture if the goal is unity. I can only hope it’s ignorance.

The group of people showing their dislike of the gesture have said it’s due to the political meaning of it and said it is nothing to do with race. That is an opinion shared by black people too, however you seem to ignore that point. So the groups colour is irrelevant.

Kick it Out is an anti racism organisation. It’s perfect.

So who is oppressed? Where and how?

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:09 - Jan 4 with 951 viewsChief

To add as well, by referencing another other group who maybe being oppressed here, you're straying now towards the 'all lives matter' persuasion.

Which is different to your point all along that you oppose it because its apparent link to a political gesture.

So don't take this the wrong way, but i think you're losing credibility now, starting to look like your looking for other excuses to oppose it all costs now.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:09 - Jan 4 with 949 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:03 - Jan 4 by onehunglow

Are they are race or simply travelling thieves from the Emerald Isle who feed on our people,many of whom are vulnerable.

If they are resident in Caravan Parks,they are not "travellers"

They travel to wherever they can to make a living paying no tax nor paying any attention to the Law of the land.

Many if not all flagrantly defraud and intimidate old people into having work done and the resulting detritus leaf behind is grotesque. I discriminate against all thieves.

Romany Gypsies are a race. They are oppressed all over Europe. Being a traveller doesn’t actually mean you travel in this day and age.

They are segregated in schools and are often not allowed into certain establishments on the basis of their race. Oddly, it’s pretty accepted.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:11 - Jan 4 with 946 viewsonehunglow

Ive been to so many jobs a a result of their handiwork I could write a book.

They are,by and large horrendous and clever thieves with an army of females either with child or already with them who themselves are well versed in crime/law/Police and how to avoid paying for anything at all.

Speak to any premium marque car sales staff as regards their purchasing power-cash of course.No tax

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:13 - Jan 4 with 945 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:09 - Jan 4 by Chief

To add as well, by referencing another other group who maybe being oppressed here, you're straying now towards the 'all lives matter' persuasion.

Which is different to your point all along that you oppose it because its apparent link to a political gesture.

So don't take this the wrong way, but i think you're losing credibility now, starting to look like your looking for other excuses to oppose it all costs now.

I am all for all lives matter, there is no straying into it, I’m all for it. I don’t discriminate between anyone, everyone’s life matters.

That’s not different to my point. My point is that people don’t like the knee and fist because of it’s obvious and clear links to far left politics. How is me opposing BLM changing my point regarding the knee? You said they weren’t related. Remember? Seems you understand the link after all.

You made the point that being white means we can’t know what oppression is. My point was a direct response to that telling you factually that some of the most oppressed people in history have been white, including the most racially oppressed group in Britain today.

I absolutely oppose BLM, I thought that was clear? I have explained in detail why. I don’t need an excuse to oppose it, my reasoning is clear.

If that point isn’t credible then show me how it’s wrong. Where are you saying the oppression is? And in what form?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 13:20]

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:20 - Jan 4 with 933 viewsChief

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:13 - Jan 4 by Dr_Parnassus

I am all for all lives matter, there is no straying into it, I’m all for it. I don’t discriminate between anyone, everyone’s life matters.

That’s not different to my point. My point is that people don’t like the knee and fist because of it’s obvious and clear links to far left politics. How is me opposing BLM changing my point regarding the knee? You said they weren’t related. Remember? Seems you understand the link after all.

You made the point that being white means we can’t know what oppression is. My point was a direct response to that telling you factually that some of the most oppressed people in history have been white, including the most racially oppressed group in Britain today.

I absolutely oppose BLM, I thought that was clear? I have explained in detail why. I don’t need an excuse to oppose it, my reasoning is clear.

If that point isn’t credible then show me how it’s wrong. Where are you saying the oppression is? And in what form?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 13:20]

Right we've obviously entered into a different sector here now and it's pretty clear that you do oppose this gesture due to its racial connotations.

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:22 - Jan 4 with 931 viewsGlossolalia

Let's look at an actual player criticising actual oppression. Ozil and China's treatment of Uighur Muslims. He comes out against China. His club distances itself from his views, instead of supporting him, saying the club is 'always apolitical as an organisation'.

Sport has no keen interest in tackling real, systemic oppression. Gesturing and repeating the same hollow, pseudo-meaningful phrases ad nauseam is as far as they go. And people think this current campaign is some united, powerful approach? It's rather pathetic.

To be clear, I'm lamenting a missed opportunity for real progress to be made; for an actual stance that has the desired repercussions. Some on here need this spelled out to them.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 13:27]
Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:25 - Jan 4 with 926 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:20 - Jan 4 by Chief

Right we've obviously entered into a different sector here now and it's pretty clear that you do oppose this gesture due to its racial connotations.

I think you are confusing yourself.

You just spent 8 pages telling us all the gesture and BLM aren’t linked. Make your mind up.

I oppose the knee and the fist because it is synonymous with BLM, a far left organisation with views and aims that would horrify most.

You said if you are white you can’t know what oppression is, I corrected you and informed you that many racial groups are and have been oppressed and are white. It’s not subjective, it’s something that can be seen regardless of your colour.

How is that in any way changing the discussion? It’s a response to a point you made. I absolutely believe all lives matter, why wouldn’t you? But considering you are saying the knee isn’t anything to do with Black Lives Matter then that shouldn’t come into it.

Seems you have forgotten what your points are. Can you now point out who is oppressed, where and in what form please?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 13:41]

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:27 - Jan 4 with 922 viewsChief

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:25 - Jan 4 by Dr_Parnassus

I think you are confusing yourself.

You just spent 8 pages telling us all the gesture and BLM aren’t linked. Make your mind up.

I oppose the knee and the fist because it is synonymous with BLM, a far left organisation with views and aims that would horrify most.

You said if you are white you can’t know what oppression is, I corrected you and informed you that many racial groups are and have been oppressed and are white. It’s not subjective, it’s something that can be seen regardless of your colour.

How is that in any way changing the discussion? It’s a response to a point you made. I absolutely believe all lives matter, why wouldn’t you? But considering you are saying the knee isn’t anything to do with Black Lives Matter then that shouldn’t come into it.

Seems you have forgotten what your points are. Can you now point out who is oppressed, where and in what form please?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 13:41]

My work here is done

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:30 - Jan 4 with 919 viewsDr_Parnassus

Knee booed by horny fans? on 13:22 - Jan 4 by Glossolalia

Let's look at an actual player criticising actual oppression. Ozil and China's treatment of Uighur Muslims. He comes out against China. His club distances itself from his views, instead of supporting him, saying the club is 'always apolitical as an organisation'.

Sport has no keen interest in tackling real, systemic oppression. Gesturing and repeating the same hollow, pseudo-meaningful phrases ad nauseam is as far as they go. And people think this current campaign is some united, powerful approach? It's rather pathetic.

To be clear, I'm lamenting a missed opportunity for real progress to be made; for an actual stance that has the desired repercussions. Some on here need this spelled out to them.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 13:27]

The NBA allowed social justice messages on its jerseys, but banned any mention of the oppression of the Uighurs in China. They are very lucrative to the NBA are the Chinese.

These people are being ethically cleansed, loaded onto trains and put into camps as we speak. Nobody cares, the same people claiming oppression in America and Britain happy to turn a blind eye. Can’t take them seriously for a second.

People are genuinely bonkers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024