Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elliot Page 01:30 - Dec 2 with 5663 viewsGroo

I see the actress Ellen Page has come out a a male transgender and from now on will be called Elliot Page.

Good luck to her/him or whatever, but it seems to me we live in a funny old world. When I was young male was male and female was female, there appears to be new genders all the time now.

Not sure if her status means she intends to have an operation to change, not sure if the description means she/he intends to or not.

I'm totally confused.

Oh, and I'm not having a go at anyone making this or any other choice, just stating how confusing it is to a simple person like me.

Groo does what Groo does best

Elliot Page on 16:09 - Dec 2 with 1712 viewsHighjack

Elliot Page on 12:26 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

She hasn’t asked me though, to my knowledge anyway.

Of course if someone asked me to on a personal level, I would. I couldn’t promise I would be consistent with it though as your brain automatically goes to reality and is an effort to pretend... hence the likes of Page get vast amounts of money to act, it doesn’t come natural to us all.

But calling Ellen Page a man is just bizarre when I know she isn’t. Calling her Elliot is strange enough but at least it’s factually accurate if she has changed it I suppose.

Did you hear about the transgender UFC fighter? He decided to identify as a woman and competed with them and just knocked the living daylights out of them. Shocking.

Here you go, Fallon Fox. Went on to break the skull of his (her) opponent.

https://www.attacktheback.com/transgender-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-breaks-opponent
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 12:47]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Elliot Page on 16:47 - Dec 2 with 1699 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 12:58 - Dec 2 by ItchySphincter

Not sure if anyone’s given you the heads up on this but you don’t get to make the rules. Happy to help.

xx

I’m not making the rules. Reality is.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Elliot Page on 16:48 - Dec 2 with 1698 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 16:03 - Dec 2 by britferry

So you're happy to use the new masculine name but not use a masculine pronoun?

very odd

What’s odd about it?

One is accurate, the other is inaccurate.

If I change my name to Michelle, I’m still a man... but my name is now Michelle.

Elliot Page on 16:52 - Dec 2 with 1692 viewsbritferry

Elliot Page on 16:48 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

What’s odd about it?

One is accurate, the other is inaccurate.

If I change my name to Michelle, I’m still a man... but my name is now Michelle.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9007975/Ellen-DeGeneres-supports-E

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Elliot Page on 17:02 - Dec 2 with 1688 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 16:52 - Dec 2 by britferry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9007975/Ellen-DeGeneres-supports-E

I clicked on it, couldn’t figure out why you replied with the link. Clicked off.

Elliot Page on 17:23 - Dec 2 with 1674 viewsCatullus

Elliot Page on 12:12 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Disagreeing with fact doesn’t change that fact though.

That’s my point in a nutshell.

If I disagree the Queen is the Queen, that doesn’t alter the fact that she is.

Can’t we just all disagree with the result in the Play Offs last year and identify as a Premier League team and as a result demand we be placed there?

Can I identify as the highest paid Swansea player over the last decade and demand they treat me as such? Including backdated payments.

If they refuse on the factual basis that I’m not.. I’ll just disagree with them and claim the cash. Easy.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 12:24]

Thing is Dr P, I don't actually disagree with you but, once all the procedures are done, Elliot will be a man, legally, and that is a fact.

As I also pointed out, you openly denying that, however much anybody agrees with you, could draw a lot of negative opinion. There again you don't care about virtue signallers.

Oh by the way, there are only 2 sex forms but 15 distincy genders apparently,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5824932/#:~:text=Such%20animals%20b

To be honest, I think my reality filter gave up when Sam Smith became "their" it was, in the words of Madness..."One step Beyond"

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Elliot Page on 17:30 - Dec 2 with 1669 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 17:23 - Dec 2 by Catullus

Thing is Dr P, I don't actually disagree with you but, once all the procedures are done, Elliot will be a man, legally, and that is a fact.

As I also pointed out, you openly denying that, however much anybody agrees with you, could draw a lot of negative opinion. There again you don't care about virtue signallers.

Oh by the way, there are only 2 sex forms but 15 distincy genders apparently,

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5824932/#:~:text=Such%20animals%20b

To be honest, I think my reality filter gave up when Sam Smith became "their" it was, in the words of Madness..."One step Beyond"

Legality doesn’t change chromosomes.

Ellen/Elliot Page is a biological woman and will be a biological woman forever. What she can do is appear more like a man and can even take hormone treatment to trick her own body into feeling more masculine - but she’s still a biological woman. She will be a masculine biological woman that has had an operation to appear like a man and society complying with that.

Which again is fine. My issue is when that is compelled by law.

Not sure why that would garner any negativity, it’s a fact. It may be a fact others dislike (even if they may secretly agree as you suggest), but a fact all the same. As you say, I have no time for virtue signalling or people falling over themselves to alter reality in order to slot neatly in line with whatever society is trying to push next.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 1:04]

Elliot Page on 17:43 - Dec 2 with 1660 viewsDr_Parnassus

I wonder if she will be vilified by the woke for being a straight, white male now in their eyes.

Or if she gets special protections from the woke mob.

Login to get fewer ads

Elliot Page on 22:21 - Dec 2 with 1625 viewsCatullus

Elliot Page on 17:30 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Legality doesn’t change chromosomes.

Ellen/Elliot Page is a biological woman and will be a biological woman forever. What she can do is appear more like a man and can even take hormone treatment to trick her own body into feeling more masculine - but she’s still a biological woman. She will be a masculine biological woman that has had an operation to appear like a man and society complying with that.

Which again is fine. My issue is when that is compelled by law.

Not sure why that would garner any negativity, it’s a fact. It may be a fact others dislike (even if they may secretly agree as you suggest), but a fact all the same. As you say, I have no time for virtue signalling or people falling over themselves to alter reality in order to slot neatly in line with whatever society is trying to push next.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 1:04]

Oh come on, you know the negativity will come from the transgender community and then yes, the virtue signallers who will be queueing up to look good in public.

We nalter reality every day. We use science to make things into what we want them to be. It'll all end badly one day, I'm fairly sure.

Gene editing for example, who knows what the long term consequences could be. There are many things scientists have told us are safe only to fin out much later the hidden dangers. Like plastics, they changed the world and now they ruin the world.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Elliot Page on 22:39 - Dec 2 with 1618 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 22:21 - Dec 2 by Catullus

Oh come on, you know the negativity will come from the transgender community and then yes, the virtue signallers who will be queueing up to look good in public.

We nalter reality every day. We use science to make things into what we want them to be. It'll all end badly one day, I'm fairly sure.

Gene editing for example, who knows what the long term consequences could be. There are many things scientists have told us are safe only to fin out much later the hidden dangers. Like plastics, they changed the world and now they ruin the world.

They can be negative as much as they like and the virtue signallers can virtue as much as they like - why does that mean I should cede to their alternate reality? It’s a dangerous concept where Government is actively making a population lie or face the consequences.

I’m not sure what your comparisons have to you being unable to change your gender. Science to my knowledge has never said nobody can in the future, what they are saying is you can’t now. It isn’t making the legal point, the legal point is irrelevant.

It must be very hard to have such confusion over your own identity. I can’t even imagine what these people have to battle with, thankfully I may never have to. But unfortunately that still doesn’t change the fact they cannot change their biological gender.

When we all die, regardless of what procedures you have had to your flesh, archeological findings will determine what sex you are simply from your bones and DNA.

It shouldn’t be controversial to say that you cannot override your DNA.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 1:08]

Elliot Page on 08:30 - Dec 3 with 1581 viewsVincent_Vega

Elliot Page on 22:39 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

They can be negative as much as they like and the virtue signallers can virtue as much as they like - why does that mean I should cede to their alternate reality? It’s a dangerous concept where Government is actively making a population lie or face the consequences.

I’m not sure what your comparisons have to you being unable to change your gender. Science to my knowledge has never said nobody can in the future, what they are saying is you can’t now. It isn’t making the legal point, the legal point is irrelevant.

It must be very hard to have such confusion over your own identity. I can’t even imagine what these people have to battle with, thankfully I may never have to. But unfortunately that still doesn’t change the fact they cannot change their biological gender.

When we all die, regardless of what procedures you have had to your flesh, archeological findings will determine what sex you are simply from your bones and DNA.

I do feel for these persons who feel unhappy in their own skin. Must be rough and yeah in Elliots case it's most likely a genuine situation for that person.

Thing is is though I agree, in 1000 years from now if Elliot was excavated (assuming cremation wasn't involved) the skeleton would be of a female human. That will never change.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Elliot Page on 10:05 - Dec 3 with 1560 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 08:30 - Dec 3 by Vincent_Vega

I do feel for these persons who feel unhappy in their own skin. Must be rough and yeah in Elliots case it's most likely a genuine situation for that person.

Thing is is though I agree, in 1000 years from now if Elliot was excavated (assuming cremation wasn't involved) the skeleton would be of a female human. That will never change.

Excellent point, well made.

Yes it’s really a nasty thing to have to go through, suicide rates of trans people is sky high. But what people tend to miss is that suicide rates don’t improve post op, they remain the same. Meaning those that feel that way inclined don’t really get the relief they need from changing. Some do no doubt, but as an overall picture it doesn’t seem like the answer, on the surface at least it seems the issue is far deeper than the superficial.

Gender dysphoria is a condition. Instead of accepting the condition and pandering to it, there should be mass funding into trying to determine the causes for it and the best way to help.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 1:09]

Elliot Page on 12:13 - Dec 3 with 1533 viewsCatullus

Elliot Page on 22:39 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

The legality is irrelevant? You can argue that point if you were in court charged with a transphobic hate crime I guess.

The archeological point is very true and it shows what a messed up world we live in. Maybe we should do a time capsule as a warning for the future?

We have a growing list of hate crimes, homophobia, islamophobia, transphobia etc. It seems to me though, if you are accused of one of these crimes it's ok for people to spew bile and hate against you and you are convicted before you are tried. Put something up on social media and people believe it no matter what is said afterwards.

Humans are stupid.

Elliot Page on 20:26 - Dec 4 with 1444 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 12:13 - Dec 3 by Catullus

The legality is irrelevant? You can argue that point if you were in court charged with a transphobic hate crime I guess.

The archeological point is very true and it shows what a messed up world we live in. Maybe we should do a time capsule as a warning for the future?

We have a growing list of hate crimes, homophobia, islamophobia, transphobia etc. It seems to me though, if you are accused of one of these crimes it's ok for people to spew bile and hate against you and you are convicted before you are tried. Put something up on social media and people believe it no matter what is said afterwards.

Humans are stupid.

The legality is irrelevant to whether you can change your gender yes. Whether they categorise an incident as a hate crime because of the persons personal identify is one thing, but it doesn’t affect their actual identity.

If it was legal to call yourself an alien from Mars and it would come with all the legal documents stating so (which isn’t behind the realms of possibility) it still won’t make you an alien from Mars. It will just be a case of that country is allowing and partaking in your wishes to appear as if you are.

Lauren Southern did it as an experiment in Canada. She went to the doctors and said she feels like a man, the doctor wrote her a letter confirming that. She then took that letter to the authorities and got all her documents changed to male. Bizarre to watch.

[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 1:02]

Elliot Page on 21:16 - Dec 4 with 1432 viewsCatullus

Elliot Page on 20:26 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

The legality is irrelevant to whether you can change your gender yes. Whether they categorise an incident as a hate crime because of the persons personal identify is one thing, but it doesn’t affect their actual identity.

If it was legal to call yourself an alien from Mars and it would come with all the legal documents stating so (which isn’t behind the realms of possibility) it still won’t make you an alien from Mars. It will just be a case of that country is allowing and partaking in your wishes to appear as if you are.

Lauren Southern did it as an experiment in Canada. She went to the doctors and said she feels like a man, the doctor wrote her a letter confirming that. She then took that letter to the authorities and got all her documents changed to male. Bizarre to watch.

It's just more proof how messed up the world is. I agree with you that it doesn't change reality but legally we have to accept it as reality or maybe face punishment. That's where the legailty is relevant and very real.

Elliot Page on 01:04 - Dec 5 with 1410 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 21:16 - Dec 4 by Catullus

It's just more proof how messed up the world is. I agree with you that it doesn't change reality but legally we have to accept it as reality or maybe face punishment. That's where the legailty is relevant and very real.

And that is what I am against.

Compelled language to standards not publicly agreed, but again my point on legality was it doesn't change biology.

People can be whatever they like, you do you. My issue comes when I face jail or a fine for using the wrong pro-noun, a pro-noun I do not agree is something that represents reality.

Sam Smith for example wanted to be called ''them'', which isn't something I can ever imagine doing naturally.

Elliot Page on 09:25 - Dec 5 with 1374 viewsHighjack

Elliot Page on 20:26 - Dec 4 by Dr_Parnassus

I have no idea who this Lauren southern bloke is but he is a very attractive man.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Elliot Page on 09:05 - Dec 11 with 1313 viewsGlyn1

When I was a kid, babies were born with holes in their hearts, or with cleft lips. No-one said to their parents, "Well that was what they were born with, it's God's will and we're not going to fix it". But I keep hearing that argument today. To me it seems clear, if a boy or a girl is born with a birth defect, then wait a few years to make sure and then do your best to make it better.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024