Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are people building Leeds up? 09:55 - Aug 31 with 4862 viewsdickythorpe

Have I missed anything over the last 15 -20 odd years?

We had 7 seasons in the Premier League....what were they doing in that time?

The term "sleeping giants" is pathetic.

BRING 'EM ON!!!!!
Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:36 - Aug 31 with 1091 viewsunion_jack

Why are people building Leeds up? on 11:47 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

Good OP Dick.

Leeds are one of those clubs like Newcastle and C*****f who have an overblown sense of entitlement. They haven’t achieved anything in a couple of generations and are living off past glories.

They’re a horrible little club run by crooks and supported by classless w@nkers who think that because they spent £100m of someone else’s money to get to a Champions League semi final that they deserve to be at the top table.

Every year it’s peddled that it their time, but they always blow up because they’re just a billy big boIIocks. Should have gone the same way as Bury.

Leeds are a huge club given their history, support nationally and internationally, size of ground which they often fill, trophies in the past. Same applies to Newcastle. Say what you like but they are hugely supported as well.

To mention both those clubs in the same sentence as Cardiff, who are NOT a big club, is insulting to them.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:41 - Aug 31 with 1073 viewsSwanjaxs

The only thing Leeds have been renowned for in the past twenty years is for bottling it when it comes to "the money shot" 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:48 - Aug 31 with 1049 viewsItchySphincter

Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:27 - Aug 31 by Darran

History says that Leeds are bigger than Swansea in every way. FACT

Swansea is not a big club. I didn’t think that was the point.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:51 - Aug 31 with 1038 viewsItchySphincter

Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:36 - Aug 31 by union_jack

Leeds are a huge club given their history, support nationally and internationally, size of ground which they often fill, trophies in the past. Same applies to Newcastle. Say what you like but they are hugely supported as well.

To mention both those clubs in the same sentence as Cardiff, who are NOT a big club, is insulting to them.

Cardiff is a similar size smallish club like us. It doesn’t mean their sense of entitlement isn’t just as disproportionate though.

Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:51 - Aug 31 with 1036 viewsNotLoyal

Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:21 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

This is a very cringeworthy thread Dicky. While they were winning the league and cups we were applying for re-election ffs!

They’ve got massive history but we are where we are today - going there on an equal footing. Let’s laud our reinvention rather than pick holes which don’t really exist.

Ah, but while we were winning a major trophy and in Europe Leeds were ...

Not.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:56 - Aug 31 with 1023 viewsunion_jack

Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:51 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

Cardiff is a similar size smallish club like us. It doesn’t mean their sense of entitlement isn’t just as disproportionate though.

I agree. But Leeds and Newcastle are far more justified in feeling entitled.

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:02 - Aug 31 with 1007 viewsItchySphincter

People saying this game thread is cringeworthy? What are fans message boards for? F*ck off and support Leeds if you love them so much

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:03 - Aug 31 with 1006 viewscontroversial_jack

Why are people building Leeds up? on 11:27 - Aug 31 by swancity

That’s rubbish ..history is everything. It’s what defines a Club.

It doesn't mean they are going to win their next game
Login to get fewer ads

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:10 - Aug 31 with 992 viewsunion_jack

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:02 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

People saying this game thread is cringeworthy? What are fans message boards for? F*ck off and support Leeds if you love them so much

These boards are for discussions just like these. Just trying to explain why you think another club is big doesn’t necessarily mean you support them???

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:13 - Aug 31 with 987 viewsChief

To the OP

Because they are top of the league and have one of the most respected coaches in World football.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:21 - Aug 31 with 967 viewsBadlands

Why are people building Leeds up? on 11:27 - Aug 31 by swancity

That’s rubbish ..history is everything. It’s what defines a Club.

But not its team.
Rome used to rule half the know world ... now look at it!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:24 - Aug 31 with 956 viewsItchySphincter

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:10 - Aug 31 by union_jack

These boards are for discussions just like these. Just trying to explain why you think another club is big doesn’t necessarily mean you support them???

I’m not saying they’re not big. It doesn’t mean they’ve got any right to be worshipped like they are, plus they’ve been crap for years.

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:30 - Aug 31 with 948 viewsunion_jack

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:24 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

I’m not saying they’re not big. It doesn’t mean they’ve got any right to be worshipped like they are, plus they’ve been crap for years.

Ok, but I don’t see anyone ‘worshipping ‘ them on here. Paying respect maybe but that’s all. Imo.

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:35 - Aug 31 with 926 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:24 - Aug 31 by ItchySphincter

You. Daft. Tw@t.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:37 - Aug 31 with 921 views1964white

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:13 - Aug 31 by Chief

To the OP

Because they are top of the league and have one of the most respected coaches in World football.

Thank you

Two logical points I made to the OP
Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:41 - Aug 31 with 914 views1964white

Why are people building Leeds up? on 11:23 - Aug 31 by controversial_jack

History means nothing, a club is only as good as it's last game.Cliques yes, but they are not some superteam that cannot be beaten

I didn't say we were a Superteam, right now we are just a very good competitive championship side
Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:42 - Aug 31 with 911 views1964white

Why are people building Leeds up? on 11:25 - Aug 31 by swancity

That’s a bit childish isn’t it when you consider their past.

They are indeed a sleeping giant. I remember supporting them during the 1970s. And went to the FA Cup Final in 1973. A great team they were. People still talk fondly about that team.

But they do have more than their fair share of “supporters” who let the club and football down and are up there with Millwall and Cardiff in that respect sadly.

We're not all like that, every club has it fair share of idiots
Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:48 - Aug 31 with 904 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Why are people building Leeds up? on 12:27 - Aug 31 by Darran

History says that Leeds are bigger than Swansea in every way. FACT

Nobody is arguing otherwise, Dar.

In fact, their size only makes their results on the pitch over the last 20 years all the more hilarious.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:50 - Aug 31 with 895 viewsmonmouth

Funny enough Leeds and Liverpool were very much on a par until 1976 when Liverpool went into top gear with Paisley carrying on from Shankly and Leeds just couldn’t replace Revie. They were both pretty much nothing when Shankly and Revie took them over, scuffling around the second division. So to say they never have been on a par with Liverpool and Man Utd is not true.

It’s also true that the media believes them to be much more important than they now are or probably ever will be again. In the PL they would disappear and be consumed by the really big clubs. But in the championship they remain the biggest of fish, now that Villa are gone. Forest and Derby similarly get far more attention than they deserve because of past glories. In terms of sleeping giants though, they are nowhere near a club like Newcastle on the giant scale.

Their fans are ok, just typical Yorkies thinking their shithole is better and more important than everyone else’s shithole. That’s where they do have similarities to the Capitol. In fact, when I was there the inhabitants used to call Leeds the Capital of the North. Ridiculous.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:57 - Aug 31 with 871 viewsmonmouth

Why are people building Leeds up? on 13:42 - Aug 31 by 1964white

We're not all like that, every club has it fair share of idiots

Elland Road is still a nasty spiteful place on match day though mate. I’ve been stopped, asked where I’m from and threatened more than once, and getting in and out of the away end is unpleasant. On a par with Anfield and Upton Park for me for a horrible experience, and actually the reason I decided not to travel up today. Of course it’s not the ‘normal’ fans, but it doesn’t need many. Maybe we do have some of the same, but I see fans mixing with colours after the game at Swansea. I’ve never seen that at Leeds.

Obviously my experiences might not be typical or representative.

Why are people building Leeds up? on 14:13 - Aug 31 with 841 viewsheadcleaner

Horrible club. History states they've been pretty good it Also shows they've been utter dog $hite.

I just watched Amazon prime take me home or whatever it was called and couldn't believe how ofter their fans cry because the club loses and their CEO or whatever he is seems to cry more than most. I did giggle when they chuffed up the Dan james deal (childish I know) #coyjb

Today i hope we win I'd obviously settle for a point. I do t much care how big they are historically because at the moment they are a hairs breath above us let's see how that pan s out over the coming months.

Whilst I'm here cardiff are bigger than barca apparently. Now we know there is more chance of sam haman riding a unicorn to elland road at 5 to 3 today dishing out free £50 notes
Why are people building Leeds up? on 14:16 - Aug 31 with 835 viewsperchrockjack

They were big and successful under Revie.Not much so prior even thogh Charlo went there.

They were poison and they enjoyed it.

Anfield is ok to vacate as is Everton .IMO.

I have never had any problems at all and last time their fans applauded ours which our tw'ats thought were taking the pisse

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Why are people building Leeds up? on 14:55 - Aug 31 with 790 viewsmonmouth

Why are people building Leeds up? on 14:16 - Aug 31 by perchrockjack

They were big and successful under Revie.Not much so prior even thogh Charlo went there.

They were poison and they enjoyed it.

Anfield is ok to vacate as is Everton .IMO.

I have never had any problems at all and last time their fans applauded ours which our tw'ats thought were taking the pisse

I’m still scarred by 1981.

Why are people building Leeds up? on 18:00 - Aug 31 with 734 viewsdickythorpe

AUGUST 31ST 2019 we WIN up there 1 nil.

Couldn't care less about 40 YEARS AGO

35 of their last 60 years in top flight. IRRELEVANT.

TODAY is RELEVANT and counts.

REALITY CHECK - WE ARE TOP OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP

3 points.
Why are people building Leeds up? on 18:08 - Aug 31 with 712 viewsperchrockjack

Monny.81 was bad everywhere.
Football fans ,including ours were off their heads.

Ive seen it first hand

I sat with my father in the centre stand. I had a swansea scarf on. I had no problems whatsoever.

I appreciate the agitation but that said,I recall many away fans to the Vetch who avoided places like the Gary and the rat run from High St.

Times have changed.We have. The art is to move on. Dont forget the majority on here were not even tadpoles then and know only what they were told.

For the record I hated

.Molineux
Ninian Park
Boothferry Park
Springfield Park

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024