Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Division 2 19:51 - Aug 3 with 8455 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Reading v Derby

Let’s see what the championship is all about then
2 ex swans locking horns
Paul Clement football guru
Lamps loves the swans

Derby one of the favourites to go up .

1-3 Derby

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Division 2 on 22:37 - Aug 3 with 1307 viewsjackjackjackjack

Division 2 on 22:10 - Aug 3 by ploppy

Really? Bit of a sweeping statement that. I certainly have seen them play long ball - against us at the Liberty, for example. They were crap and lost. To us - one of the worst teams in the league.

I have also seen them play some very decent football e.g when they took West Ham apart at the London Stadium thing.

They played the most long balls of any team last season, honestly, you can look it up if you don't believe me.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Division 2 on 22:53 - Aug 3 with 1239 viewsTheResurrection

Division 2 on 21:33 - Aug 3 by bluey_the_blue

The 70s where total football sprang from?

Derby could easily - easily - have conceded at least two from defensive mistakes. World cup showed a trend to more direct football against the tippy tappy stuff.

We focused upon clearing the ball from defence. As Warnock said of Bamba "He thinks hes Beckenbauer. He isn't". Plenty of teams played far more long ball than we did. For all the criticism, we had more shots and chances than most sides.

Still, I'm sure some sides are happy getting 3 points for possession...

Plenty of teams played more long balls than you per game as plenty of teams played more passes in general than you.

The clear and obvious stat as to how shit, completely and utterly SHIT, your style is you played the least amount of short passes in the whole league - and by some margin.

FFS, image actually defending Colin's style

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Division 2 on 23:08 - Aug 3 with 1188 viewsploppy

Division 2 on 22:37 - Aug 3 by jackjackjackjack

They played the most long balls of any team last season, honestly, you can look it up if you don't believe me.

Happy to take your word.

What I would say about Burnley is that for large parts of last season I thought they were quite poor - I believe I said it on here at the time. And they went through a very sticky patch in the middle of the season - they were winless in 10 games. In some ways I was surprised that they finished the season where they did. But I also saw them play some very good football (not long ball) and score some tidy goals.

It'll be interesting to see how they play, and how they do, this season.
Division 2 on 23:27 - Aug 3 with 1137 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Division 2 on 22:29 - Aug 3 by Swanseajill

Yes Lifey, we definately ..did not put all the meat on the BBQ.

I couldn't believe we rolled over with such ease. I watched the other PL teams around our postion, they were playing their guts out.

I just couldn't see that effort from us in the last 9 games. I'm still trying to come to terms with it.

That will hit me tomorrow I reckon.

When some moan on here about losing 13 players this summer they'd do well to remember that meek surrender. Good riddance.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Division 2 on 23:29 - Aug 3 with 1132 viewsomarjack

I kept telling everyone on the realistic transfer thread that Mason Mount on loan would have been a great signing..Derby got him, Wilson, Lawrence..and if they keep Vydra they'll have an insanely good attack for the championship.

As for Mo Barrow..letting him go for 1.5 m last season now seems a mistake. Good bench option without a doubt. Better than Montero and Narsingh for example..so f*cking fast.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Division 2 on 23:31 - Aug 3 with 1121 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Division 2 on 23:29 - Aug 3 by omarjack

I kept telling everyone on the realistic transfer thread that Mason Mount on loan would have been a great signing..Derby got him, Wilson, Lawrence..and if they keep Vydra they'll have an insanely good attack for the championship.

As for Mo Barrow..letting him go for 1.5 m last season now seems a mistake. Good bench option without a doubt. Better than Montero and Narsingh for example..so f*cking fast.

Better than Montero? See a doctor

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Division 2 on 23:36 - Aug 3 with 1108 viewsomarjack

Division 2 on 23:31 - Aug 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Better than Montero? See a doctor

Yeah sure..Montero is better when "he's fit"

Which should be filed under Mythology.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Division 2 on 08:43 - Aug 4 with 932 viewsjazzswan

Good news is that Derbys win takes us out of the bottom three!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024