Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Division 2 19:51 - Aug 3 with 8456 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Reading v Derby

Let’s see what the championship is all about then
2 ex swans locking horns
Paul Clement football guru
Lamps loves the swans

Derby one of the favourites to go up .

1-3 Derby

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Division 2 on 20:50 - Aug 3 with 1378 viewsJackBaston

I don't think we're this bad, are we?
Think its funny how the media have been blowing up Franks arse, and his team play like that
Reading could be 3-4 up
Division 2 on 20:50 - Aug 3 with 1378 viewsCooperman

Division 2 on 20:47 - Aug 3 by Pacemaker

This attitude has been prevalent on this site ( and in the stadium) since 2013/14.

Some people have forgotten where we have been.

About 14,000 weren’t there when we were there.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Division 2 on 20:55 - Aug 3 with 1322 viewsbluey_the_blue

Division 2 on 20:50 - Aug 3 by JackBaston

I don't think we're this bad, are we?
Think its funny how the media have been blowing up Franks arse, and his team play like that
Reading could be 3-4 up

That Derby passing from the back at times was woeful. They gave the ball away god knows how many times; that's why I agree with Warnock - clear the ball, into channels. Play football in the oppositions half not so close to your own penalty area.
Division 2 on 20:56 - Aug 3 with 1318 viewsploppy

Division 2 on 20:50 - Aug 3 by Cooperman

About 14,000 weren’t there when we were there.

Who's "we" kemosabe?

When "we" were there we were lucky to get 1200.

Some people think that because we've been shit for most of the last 50 years that we shouldn't aspire to be not shit. And if we do we're snobs, in some weird feckin way.
Division 2 on 20:56 - Aug 3 with 1313 viewsDippy

A lot of running.. just running.. Derby attempting to build up momentum from the back.. but are way off.. Reading dire at putting the ball in the net

Poll: Cooper Out

Division 2 on 20:57 - Aug 3 with 1312 viewsicecoldjack

Division 2 on 20:39 - Aug 3 by ploppy

Sorry, don't agree. The PL - even the bottom half - is much better than this.

I take your point. The only difference for me is with the extra wonga lower half prem teams will have the odd superstar mercenary who will win the game, 80% of the rest of the teams carry average Joe players not much better tie at all than championship standard.

Look what kept us up for years, Gylfi, who despite what the res says was the difference between staying u0 and going down, once you eject the quality your left with a championship standard team on huge premier league wages .

If the standard is really different as you.suggest then relegated teams should almost always return after a season,despite selling a player or two, Many don't though. They don't because the best player leaves and what's left is mediocrity, we will see plenty of it this season from our lot, some won't even look championship quality if potter is going to make them change style of play to more technical passing football.
Division 2 on 21:01 - Aug 3 with 1276 viewsOldjack

Division 2 on 20:38 - Aug 3 by exiledclaseboy

This is funny. “Oh this is so poor, woe is us”. F*cking hell boys we were in the top league for seven years. And we were shit for three of those. For most of all our lifetimes before that we spent our time watching the likes of Mutton, Newhouse and Mardenbrough. Football snobbery and Swansea City have no place alongside each other.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 20:40]

Spoilt , fuk i downed arrowed you by mistake

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Division 2 on 21:03 - Aug 3 with 1258 viewslifelong

Division 2 on 20:57 - Aug 3 by icecoldjack

I take your point. The only difference for me is with the extra wonga lower half prem teams will have the odd superstar mercenary who will win the game, 80% of the rest of the teams carry average Joe players not much better tie at all than championship standard.

Look what kept us up for years, Gylfi, who despite what the res says was the difference between staying u0 and going down, once you eject the quality your left with a championship standard team on huge premier league wages .

If the standard is really different as you.suggest then relegated teams should almost always return after a season,despite selling a player or two, Many don't though. They don't because the best player leaves and what's left is mediocrity, we will see plenty of it this season from our lot, some won't even look championship quality if potter is going to make them change style of play to more technical passing football.

We haven’t lost a player or two though, we’ve lost fecking 13, with possibly more to follow.
Login to get fewer ads

Division 2 on 21:04 - Aug 3 with 1245 viewsPacemaker

Division 2 on 20:56 - Aug 3 by ploppy

Who's "we" kemosabe?

When "we" were there we were lucky to get 1200.

Some people think that because we've been shit for most of the last 50 years that we shouldn't aspire to be not shit. And if we do we're snobs, in some weird feckin way.

There has been a level of snobbishness amongst some fans though. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be good or to be proud of your achievements.

But we have been looking down our nose at clubs in a similar position to us as if we have a god given right to be in the PL despite playing pretty appallingly in the last 3 years.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Division 2 on 21:05 - Aug 3 with 1237 viewsicecoldjack

Division 2 on 20:55 - Aug 3 by bluey_the_blue

That Derby passing from the back at times was woeful. They gave the ball away god knows how many times; that's why I agree with Warnock - clear the ball, into channels. Play football in the oppositions half not so close to your own penalty area.

If we adopted that ethos 12 yrs ago we'd still be in L1 mun !

It's also that change in ethos signed signed our prem league death warrant, trying so hard to find players who could compliment plan B monk and Co. Totally forgot about plan A !!

Nah, let potter implement his style, it's going to be difficult to watch at first but us fans will need to cast back and remember the growing pains when Martinez changed it, the only flip side to that was that we already had good technical footballers, I'm not sure we have so many of those now, the new signings are a nod in the right direction though .

If you build it they will come...
Division 2 on 21:05 - Aug 3 with 1236 viewsDippy

Division 2 on 21:03 - Aug 3 by lifelong

We haven’t lost a player or two though, we’ve lost fecking 13, with possibly more to follow.

We are a bit of a mess.. but looking at this game, we're more than capable to compete.

Division 2 on 21:06 - Aug 3 with 1236 viewsJack123

Quite funny how the pundits and bookies are all saying Derby for top, not on that performance, for me they are total shi*.

libera nos a malo

Division 2 on 21:08 - Aug 3 with 1228 viewsJackBaston

Division 2 on 20:55 - Aug 3 by bluey_the_blue

If you haven't got the quality then short term fine
But you've got to wonder what they're doing all day to not know how to pass under pressure
Division 2 on 21:08 - Aug 3 with 1225 viewsploppy

Division 2 on 20:57 - Aug 3 by icecoldjack

I've said this before many times - to whoever's willing to listen. Getting out of the Championship is damn difficult and playing PL style football, which tends to be possession based and patient, won't necessarily get you out.

When we were promoted last time, we did it playing PL style football - but we only sneaked through via the playoffs. What happened to the teams that were promoted automatically? And what style of football did they play? That's why it was no surprise to me that we stayed up.

More recently you've seen it with Cardiff. They played a style of football that was good enough to get them out of the Championship - but it wasn't a style that was good enough to keep them up.

And even more recently you've seen it with the likes of Bournemouth and Huddersfield. The exact opposite of Cardiff - which is why they've stayed up.

So no, relegated teams won't necessarily get promoted. But if they do, and continue to play PL style football, they're more likely to stay up.
Division 2 on 21:12 - Aug 3 with 1209 viewsbluey_the_blue

Division 2 on 21:08 - Aug 3 by JackBaston

If you haven't got the quality then short term fine
But you've got to wonder what they're doing all day to not know how to pass under pressure

It's not just that though.

You are under attack. You win ball back. You play it amongst defenders, it gives the opposition defence time to reform.

Even if it's not a counter-attack, it still maximises time for the opposition to set up.

Equally, last season Craig Bryson ( vastly underrated by own fans ) ran his socks off when we were pressing in opposition half - won ball back setting up chances quite a few times.

Playing it out like that at the back is risky, even more so as teams adopt the high press.
Division 2 on 21:14 - Aug 3 with 1195 viewsTummer_from_Texas

What a great cross by Mo.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Division 2 on 21:14 - Aug 3 with 1194 viewsicecoldjack

Division 2 on 21:03 - Aug 3 by lifelong

Yes but my point was regarding premier league teams lower half and championship teams being almost the same standard.

We've lost 13 players but I don't expect anything from us this season, I expect us to struggle early.as potter impliments a style of play many of the boys won't be comfortable with, hopefully im wrong and the boys are brave enough to try and get on the ball and play, they wernt last season though, when it really mattered many bottled it,along with the manager.

I don't see a huge difference from bottom half prem league and top half championship, let's hope potter gets the boys confidence going because I see that as the main factor in this division,that and a goal scorer.
Division 2 on 21:14 - Aug 3 with 1193 viewspencoedjack

Division 2 on 20:34 - Aug 3 by ploppy

Just watched the first 20mins - absolute dross. Frantic it definitely is. Neither team can string a decent number of passes together. There's seems very little control of the ball. I don't mind energy but this is like a lot of dogs chasing a balloon.

I hope we'll slow it down when we play and accelerate when we need to - not all the feckin time. It's tiring just watching it. Crap.

If we start with Fulton & Carroll we might string 2 passes together but they will all be backwards
Division 2 on 21:14 - Aug 3 with 1188 viewsPhil_S

Barrow with an assist, Reading 1-0 up!
Division 2 on 21:14 - Aug 3 with 1182 viewsDippy

Mo silencing the Planet Swans boo boys

Division 2 on 21:15 - Aug 3 with 1172 viewsjasper_T

That was a peach.

Our fullbacks need to learn to close down crosses in this league.
Division 2 on 21:17 - Aug 3 with 1146 viewsploppy

Division 2 on 21:04 - Aug 3 by Pacemaker

There has been a level of snobbishness amongst some fans though. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be good or to be proud of your achievements.

But we have been looking down our nose at clubs in a similar position to us as if we have a god given right to be in the PL despite playing pretty appallingly in the last 3 years.

Well, I certainly haven't been looking down on anybody. When we were playing our best football we were better than many teams in the PL. But other teams have caught up and we've gone backwards. And yes, we've been really poor for a few seasons - the odd good performance has papered over the cracks.

I'm not deluded though. When we're shit I say we're shit. And if we're not better than Derby or Reading on this performance, we'll be shit too. I've spent plenty of money watching us be shit.
Division 2 on 21:18 - Aug 3 with 1133 viewslifelong

Division 2 on 21:04 - Aug 3 by Pacemaker

It’s pretty criminal that we are not still in the Premier League, we had 31 points with 9 games left and ended up with 33 points and got relegated by a point. It still makes me angry typing that.
Division 2 on 21:19 - Aug 3 with 1131 viewsJackBaston

Division 2 on 21:12 - Aug 3 by bluey_the_blue

It's not just that though.

You are under attack. You win ball back. You play it amongst defenders, it gives the opposition defence time to reform.

Even if it's not a counter-attack, it still maximises time for the opposition to set up.

Equally, last season Craig Bryson ( vastly underrated by own fans ) ran his socks off when we were pressing in opposition half - won ball back setting up chances quite a few times.

Playing it out like that at the back is risky, even more so as teams adopt the high press.

worked well enough for us, 2 promotions and a league cup, man city seem to be doing well playing that way too, and barcelona
Division 2 on 21:19 - Aug 3 with 1127 viewsicecoldjack

Division 2 on 21:14 - Aug 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

What a great cross by Mo.

Sign him up, we could do with a another winger !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024