Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 12:11 - May 10 with 13140 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The following statement will be published shortly on the Trust website.

'The Swansea City Supporters' Trust would firstly like to congratulate Huddersfield Town Football Club and its Supporters’ Association on confirming its status in the Premier League for another season, unfortunately for us almost certainly at our expense.

When Swansea City were promoted to the Premier League in 2011, we were similarly unfancied to remain in the division. However, we confounded our critics by playing an exciting brand of football on our way to safety, at the expense of more established Premier League clubs who were on a downward trajectory.

It is with sadness that the Supporters’ Trust notices the parallels between our current situation and that of those clubs relegated seven years ago. As a football club we have lost our footballing way and our footballing identity, making poor, usually reactionary, decisions time and time again. The Swansea Way, for so long a source of considerable pride, has not existed for some time

The Supporters’ Trust has previously urged the majority owners of Swansea City Football Club to implement a full review of the running of the footballing side of the club. We have also previously expressed a lack of confidence in Huw Jenkins and called for his removal as Chairman of our football club. Our concerns were well justified and the view of the Supporters’ Trust remains the same in this regard.

The Supporters’ Trust urges the majority owners to take this opportunity to learn from the mistakes of the last few years and implement the necessary changes to ensure our football club regains its sense of identity. If we fail to do so, there is more chance we will struggle further rather than regroup quickly and challenge to regain the Premier League status we have now almost certainly lost.'

----------------------------

As mentioned in our recent email to members, we will be issuing a statement next week relating to the Trust's shareholding and the next steps.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Trust Statement on 22:40 - May 10 with 3263 viewsBillyChong

The Trust sent a rep on TV around the time Clem got sacked/Carlos appointed who stated ‘trust the board’. They need to be back on the TV retracting that statement and promoting the opposite.
Trust Statement on 06:31 - May 11 with 3173 viewsdickythorpe

Wow, just wow. Lame to say the least. No doubt done in less than 2 minutes.

If that is the best these high flyers can do?

Still cringing at opening Huddersfield line.
Trust Statement on 07:00 - May 11 with 3156 viewsSTID2017

Trust Statement on 12:55 - May 10 by Loyal

Fcking pathetic drivel.
More self preservation, fetch the noose.

I genuinely thought it was a wind up until I went on the Trust website and saw it there.
I know the opening line is a dig at those responsible for running Swans, not genuine congrats to Huddersfield, but sums up what the Trust has become.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Trust Statement on 07:04 - May 11 with 3151 viewsbyron

Trust Statement on 12:24 - May 10 by Smellyplumz

Wow, so the trusts First line is to big up Huddersfield. Fůck my eyes.

Half expected a congratulations to Cardiff City there too! Wtf was that about?

Benny

Trust Statement on 07:12 - May 11 with 3144 viewsSTID2017

Trust Statement on 07:04 - May 11 by byron

Half expected a congratulations to Cardiff City there too! Wtf was that about?

Why are you posting on here seriously ?
I'm not trying to pick an argument, but if I were you, I'd be on the CCFC forums posting like minded thought about visits to the super stadiums of Watford, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, etc and all the brilliant players you are going to sign.
Possibly even who will be your next manager ?
BTW can we borrow your map of the Championship grounds and you can borrow our map of the Pl grounds ?
Just until next May, we can swap back then ... cheers !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Trust Statement on 07:24 - May 11 with 3135 viewsbarry_island

It's almost as if they were trying to alienate the fanbase so very few join and they can keep their precious privileges. Time to act stooges or time to go.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Trust Statement on 07:27 - May 11 with 3121 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trust Statement on 07:12 - May 11 by STID2017

Why are you posting on here seriously ?
I'm not trying to pick an argument, but if I were you, I'd be on the CCFC forums posting like minded thought about visits to the super stadiums of Watford, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, etc and all the brilliant players you are going to sign.
Possibly even who will be your next manager ?
BTW can we borrow your map of the Championship grounds and you can borrow our map of the Pl grounds ?
Just until next May, we can swap back then ... cheers !

I posted something very similar a few days ago. Odd isn't it? Borders on insecurity for me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trust Statement on 09:51 - May 11 with 3043 viewsQJumpingJack

Since Tuesday night, who has contacted who first (if there has been contact).
Did the Americans think "we need to speak to the Trust Director to get his thoughts on the current situation" or did the Trust have to chase the Americans to see what the next steps are?
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on 10:03 - May 11 with 3023 viewsbyron

Trust Statement on 09:51 - May 11 by QJumpingJack

Since Tuesday night, who has contacted who first (if there has been contact).
Did the Americans think "we need to speak to the Trust Director to get his thoughts on the current situation" or did the Trust have to chase the Americans to see what the next steps are?

It’s hardly like I’m rubbing your noses in it is it. I’m nicely consistent thanks.
You prefer the bluebirds that showed up on Tuesday night and posted abuse on here for the first time do you? I can give it if you are begging for it but reading the threads you lot are in such a meltdown I don’t want to compound you’re misery any further.
Championship is a good league, proper clubs. Enjoy

Benny

Trust Statement on 10:10 - May 11 with 2997 viewsE20Jack

I’m still amused at the fact people pay to sign up to this organisation and then complain about it.

Stop putting your name to them, stop giving them your money - demand change as a fan base.

As far as I am concerned, if you are STILL a member then you are complicit in this continued repetitive, pathetic, Groundhog Day-esque debacle.

And to think there were people questioning my stance last year.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 11:01]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Trust Statement on 10:23 - May 11 with 2972 viewsFireboy2

Trust Statement on 10:10 - May 11 by E20Jack

I’m still amused at the fact people pay to sign up to this organisation and then complain about it.

Stop putting your name to them, stop giving them your money - demand change as a fan base.

As far as I am concerned, if you are STILL a member then you are complicit in this continued repetitive, pathetic, Groundhog Day-esque debacle.

One of the best posts you have ever done chris
Trust Statement on 10:40 - May 11 with 2947 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement on 10:10 - May 11 by E20Jack

Exactly the opposite is needed. More members needed to hold the complacent ones to account and make sure that the Trust is fit for purpose.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Statement on 10:59 - May 11 with 2907 viewsE20Jack

Trust Statement on 10:40 - May 11 by longlostjack

Exactly the opposite is needed. More members needed to hold the complacent ones to account and make sure that the Trust is fit for purpose.

No, apathy rules I am afraid when it comes to these things. The only way to make change is to not renew. They will soon get the message.

Surely you are living proof why your theory won’t work, you are a member, you are not happy - yet what have you done with that membership to make a difference to get these people out? From here it looks like you have just given them some more cash to waste and another number to validate their actions. Not a criticism by the way, it’s the way these things go.

Xmas time this board was full of anger towards them. A group of people wanted a letter drafted, I did it in their behalf.

I asked for a list of names to be able to put down on a collective written letter in order to organise a meeting and have proxy votes to remove board members.

How many did I get you ask? 2 (yes two)
[Post edited 11 May 2018 11:02]

Trust Statement on 12:05 - May 11 with 2850 views3swan

Now I know it states rugby but who knows

'never say never'
'if you don't ask you don't get'

Worse case he says no to get involved in a buy out?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swansea-billionaire-wants-reopen-p

Although Mr Thomas now lives in Canada, he has remained a faithful Welshman - making frequent visits to Welsh rugby internationals and even building a replica of Morriston’s Red Lion pub in his current home country, which his great-grandmother used to run.
Trust Statement on 12:52 - May 11 with 2807 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement on 10:59 - May 11 by E20Jack

No, apathy rules I am afraid when it comes to these things. The only way to make change is to not renew. They will soon get the message.

Surely you are living proof why your theory won’t work, you are a member, you are not happy - yet what have you done with that membership to make a difference to get these people out? From here it looks like you have just given them some more cash to waste and another number to validate their actions. Not a criticism by the way, it’s the way these things go.

Xmas time this board was full of anger towards them. A group of people wanted a letter drafted, I did it in their behalf.

I asked for a list of names to be able to put down on a collective written letter in order to organise a meeting and have proxy votes to remove board members.

How many did I get you ask? 2 (yes two)
[Post edited 11 May 2018 11:02]

I voted for legal action and will vote for those members standing who I see as promoting the interests of the fans as opposed being afraid of upsetting the majority owners. Change can only come from within. If the Trust were to shrink further it would play into the hands of the majority owners and the complacent ones on the Trust Board who shy away from conflict. Just my opinion.

Trust Statement on 19:31 - May 11 with 2715 viewsQJumpingJack

There are going to be some huge decisions made over the next few weeks.

Will the Americans remember to include the Trust on the major decisions which impact the staff and fans?
One would hope the Trust Director is included in decisions such as match day prices next season etc.
Trust Statement on 23:00 - May 11 with 2651 viewsbarry_island

In the interests of true diversity the real Trust statement will be issued through the mediums of dance, mime, Welsh and kinetic energy after the game.

Stu is an experienced practitioner of mime.

Meanwhile on Sunday Lee Trundle will deliver the ball to the centre circle after parachuting in to the ground in another diversionary tactic to quell fans anger, whilst Mal Pope and Kev Johns will duet Mal's fan's fave Cappuccino Girls at half time just before the halftime flyer prize of 36p will be announced by Hall of Fame newbie Julian Allsopp.

Theme on Sunday "We have to trust in the board"

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Trust Statement on 10:19 - May 12 with 2526 viewsNookiejack

Is the Trust asking to see the planned budget for next season?

The Walesonline article suggested we will receive £97m parachute money over the next 3 seasons - starting with £55m next season.

Add on ticket sales and merchandise less the costs of the stadium lease that we are now committed to and we could have say £60m of net income.

How are the Yanks proposing to spend the £60m?

What will the budget for players salaries be?

What will the budget for the Administrators be (i.e. Pearlman, Jenkins / replacement for Jenkins be - including his pay-off if any?)

What will be the budget for the Training grounds?

What will be the budget for the U23s?
Trust Statement on 13:40 - May 12 with 2461 viewsE20Jack

Trust Statement on 12:52 - May 11 by longlostjack

I voted for legal action and will vote for those members standing who I see as promoting the interests of the fans as opposed being afraid of upsetting the majority owners. Change can only come from within. If the Trust were to shrink further it would play into the hands of the majority owners and the complacent ones on the Trust Board who shy away from conflict. Just my opinion.

How did that work out for you though?

Trust Statement on 14:27 - May 12 with 2427 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement on 13:40 - May 12 by E20Jack

How did that work out for you though?

The same way as my vote at the last Election. Bloody democracy eh?

Trust Statement on 19:08 - May 12 with 2350 viewsQJumpingJack

Can the Trust confirm if they are going to be part of the demonstrations tomorrow?
Trust Statement on 19:37 - May 12 with 2314 viewsNeath_Jack

When does Trust membership expire?

Does it run just for the seasons length, or is it twelve months from when you originally sign up?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust Statement on 19:50 - May 12 with 2300 viewsswancity

Trust Statement on 19:08 - May 12 by QJumpingJack

Can the Trust confirm if they are going to be part of the demonstrations tomorrow?

More chance of them needing a sleep in front of the fire after a three course lunch with too much wine.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Statement on 19:54 - May 12 with 2283 viewsQJumpingJack

They won't be in the board room/box tomorrow. It will be empty (apart from Stoke board members)
Trust Statement on 08:11 - May 13 with 2181 viewsE20Jack

Trust Statement on 14:27 - May 12 by longlostjack

The same way as my vote at the last Election. Bloody democracy eh?

Democracy would be a wonderful thing. If only it was.

It was carefully constructed collusion, not democracy. It will continue to happen too. It was actually funny how blatant it was, there was no shame at all.

They know as well as I do that apathy rules. All they had to do was make a recommendation and give very little information out. The people that did not understand, care or have the time to look into it, went with the recommendation. It probably made them feel like a real fan going with what the supporters Trust wanted. Very much the tactic used in Nazi Germany with regards to patriotism.

To make things doubly safe they constructed the wording of the vote in such a way that realistically made it unlosable giving we understand the above. People need to wake up, the longer they keep renewing, the longer this goes on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024