Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! 15:54 - Mar 19 with 9225 viewsTeddRanger

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 22:02 - Mar 19 with 2570 viewsKonk

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 21:49 - Mar 19 by Rs_Holy

The video from 20 seconds to 28 seconds looks like a pre-match practice session, complete with Bontempi preset music and accompanying metronome.... some folks are really getting into it, whilst others are struggling a bit... it’s obviously not as easy as it looks?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 21:52]

I've never tried, but I suspect you're right. For the more self-conscious, buttoned-up members of our support, I expect it's very difficult to just let yourself go and get lost in the rhythm. We're Fulham not Fluminense, you know.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 22:17]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 22:11 - Mar 19 with 2544 viewsWesty75

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 20:42 - Mar 19 by Konk

That video actually made me chuckle. Some great quotes on there and I am all in favour of a separate section for the Happy Clappers. They could watch the game on a big screen in Bishops Park or something. The people interviewed certainly represent a significant element of our support and I'm sure they're all lovely people, but I don't think they're necessarily typical of your average Fulham fan. If your man had spoken to anyone I know, for instance, the unanimous verdict would have been that clappers are a bag of wan k.

As for the clappers themselves, I can see the attraction if you're six years old, but other than that..., I suppose it doesn't really matter - they're harmless, after all, but I do find it all a bit strange; grown-ups bashing a cardboard clapper against their palm rather than just clapping with their hands like a normal person; as people had managed to do at Fulham games for the best part of 130 years before they appeared tucked into our seats. People needing a prop before they'll commit to making some noise to back the team with encouragement seems a bit tragic.

So, I'm not a fan, but then I've always found you lot playing and singing along to Pigbag when you score a bit shi t. Not sure what's wrong with the roar of the crowd and noise that follows. Music after goals is all a bit big foam hands, face paint and live recordings of Gladiators at the NEC, isn't it, and yet you lot lap it up...

EDIT: Boston: Our badge is bloody awful and you're right in that if they wanted to get rid of the Borough's coat of arms, and replace it with something that doesn't even mention the club's name, they could at least have gone with the FFC badge as seen on the '75 cup final shirt. As it is, the current badge has been around for 17 years now, so for a lot of our younger (and newer) fans, it's all they've known, so they don't seem to have an issue with it.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 20:48]

Playing pigbag (or any music) after we score is utterly shit, no arguments there.
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 23:39 - Mar 19 with 2480 viewsoddball

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 17:29 - Mar 19 by smegma

We did it at home to Leicester live on tv about 8 years ago ??? I thought it was shite then and still do.

yeah eveyone took the opportunity to crack each other over nut with them.
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 23:42 - Mar 19 with 2479 viewsoddball

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 20:36 - Mar 19 by Lblock

I hope they don't ask the Chinese tourists what their views on these bit's of cardboard tatt are.......

there the ones that make em.so will say there wovverly.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2018 23:46]
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 00:55 - Mar 20 with 2440 viewsVancouverHoop

Fan TV invariably makes football supporters (of any club) sound like special needs students at an under-staffed secondary school.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 0:56]
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 07:33 - Mar 20 with 2355 viewsenfieldargh

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 23:39 - Mar 19 by oddball

yeah eveyone took the opportunity to crack each other over nut with them.

It’s part of the ambiance at Spankies

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 08:24 - Mar 20 with 2333 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘Yah, I think they are really cool and make for a nice atmosphere’

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 08:29 - Mar 20 with 2332 viewsNorthernr

There's more stereotypes in that video than an episode of Little Britain

On the Fulham badge, I think it was Hoos who oversaw that redesign as well as ours (might be wrong). Made a considerably better job of our one.
Login to get fewer ads

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 08:57 - Mar 20 with 2289 viewscolinallcars

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 22:11 - Mar 19 by Westy75

Playing pigbag (or any music) after we score is utterly shit, no arguments there.

I agree, it's better to hear the crowd noise. On the same point we are told the average age of fans is getting higher but we are bombarded with recent pop music over the speakers instead of perhaps something older fans would like. I quite like Hi Ho Silver lining at the end if we've won. This was apparently recorded by the Attack before Jeff Beck. Anyone have a link. I've never heard it.
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 09:01 - Mar 20 with 2283 viewsNorthernr

One question we did have at the weekend (among many), maybe Konk can help - do you get a new clapper every week or are you encouraged to recycle your old one?
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 09:16 - Mar 20 with 2265 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 09:01 - Mar 20 by Northernr

One question we did have at the weekend (among many), maybe Konk can help - do you get a new clapper every week or are you encouraged to recycle your old one?

They have a regatta at the end of the season.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 09:21 - Mar 20 with 2257 viewsKonk

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 09:01 - Mar 20 by Northernr

You get a new clapper. If we went with the sustainability argument, we might see an end to the fu ckers. I’m gonna dress up as a dolphin and invade the pitch next time we’re on the telly (Leeds at home - what are the chances! So there will be a global audience of 200m+) Draw attention to the fact that according to a Bristol based team of scientists, those clappers are the number one problem facing the environment. I might got even get David Attenborough to do a dirty protest on one.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2018 9:23]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 10:08 - Mar 20 with 2191 viewsMrSheen

The one sour note about BZ Day was having Pharrell F***ing Williams's cretinous jingle blasted at us for half an hour after full time, preventing us making our own tributes to the team. I know I'm happy thanks, I didn't need it pointing out to me so loudly and so long.
Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 10:42 - Mar 20 with 2155 viewsCiderwithRsie

Our neighbours from the Cottage summed up in 3minutes 26! on 08:29 - Mar 20 by Northernr

There's more stereotypes in that video than an episode of Little Britain

On the Fulham badge, I think it was Hoos who oversaw that redesign as well as ours (might be wrong). Made a considerably better job of our one.

Christ, I shudder at the thought of what might have been. Talk about dodging a bullet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024