Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lack of Quality is sad to see 23:04 - Aug 20 with 3905 viewsCroftyjack

The key issues of last season are still to be addressed, ie defending at set pieces, creative midfield, delivering wingers and a game plan with tempo and urgency.
Lets all face it we were lucky last season following poor recruitment but this pre season we have really shot ourselves in the foot.
Okay on face of it £32 million for a 32 yr old centre back and an attacking player who don't fit the system seems great business but one is a leader who commands respect from his team mates and statistically one of the best in the league and the other a leader who can get 12 - 20 goals a season.
Today we had no leaders out there and were very pedestrian at times almost like a pre season friendly.
What was needed after last season was plain for me to stay in the league and move forward, unfortunately other than potentially upgrading our strikers though a man light we still need a commanding centre back, a playmaker in central midfield, a winger that can deliver plus another alternative for Gylfi.
On todays performance you can also see that we are not going to score many goals this year as other than the strikers and gylfi it is hard to see many goals from anyone else...I mean Barrow, Montero, Routs and Dyer will be lucky to get 10 between them in this system.
Lucky we still have time in this window but I feel there is little hunger from the board and little time to provide Guido the tools needed to improve...oh well reap what you sow I guess.
Lack of Quality is sad to see on 14:16 - Aug 21 with 716 viewsTrundle10

Lack of Quality is sad to see on 14:05 - Aug 21 by costalotta

Ayew, shelvey, paloschi, ash. None of these have been replaced and that's why we have a weaker paper thin squad. Only takes on or two to be off form and were are bol**cked.

Fer?
Lack of Quality is sad to see on 14:31 - Aug 21 with 687 viewsAussieSwan

Lack of Quality is sad to see on 14:05 - Aug 21 by costalotta

Ayew, shelvey, paloschi, ash. None of these have been replaced and that's why we have a weaker paper thin squad. Only takes on or two to be off form and were are bol**cked.

One could argue that Paloschi replaced Eder... he left on loan around the same time Alberto came in

And then Baston replaces Paloschi (seeing as Eder never returned)

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Lack of Quality is sad to see on 14:36 - Aug 21 with 677 viewssnork44

Lack of Quality is sad to see on 14:31 - Aug 21 by AussieSwan

One could argue that Paloschi replaced Eder... he left on loan around the same time Alberto came in

And then Baston replaces Paloschi (seeing as Eder never returned)

We need three possibly four players , cover for Siggy , a centre half and cover for Llorente and Baston and possibly a wide player.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Lack of Quality is sad to see on 14:43 - Aug 21 with 662 viewsAussieSwan

Lack of Quality is sad to see on 14:36 - Aug 21 by snork44

We need three possibly four players , cover for Siggy , a centre half and cover for Llorente and Baston and possibly a wide player.

You could throw in a Right Back on the shopping list too (but that won't happen)

Would love us to sign three more but I think a Centre Back is all we'll get. And maybe a third striker like HRK

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Lack of Quality is sad to see on 14:49 - Aug 21 with 651 viewsmagicdaps10

Personally i feel that we need a Centre Back, Attacking Midfielder and would be looking at Robson-Kanu to come in as the 3rd choice striker and also taking the last home grown player.

Francesco Acerbi
Hakim Ziyech
Hal Robson-Kanu

If we were to get them in,then the squad would be ready to go. I have faith that in Naughton we have a good Right Back, as yet he has not delivered but i feel if we persist and give him support then he will come good. The three names above will probably cost in the region of 20-25M taking into fee's and signing on fee's.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024