Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else miss the lower league's. 02:52 - Jan 17 with 8940 viewsClydachjack

Yes it's been fun up here in the premier league, but it gets a bit boring, same teams every year.

At least when we were lower league you had a chance of going up or down, to be honest we are never going to be a top team so midtable is all we can aim for.

At the vetch it was always us against the world, signing player's on a shoestring budget.

Yes football has moved on, but there's no excitement anymore. Year's ago if we drew Liverpool or arsenal in the fa cup it was great, now it's just blah.
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 12:02 - Dec 3 with 1410 viewsDewi1jack

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 05:53 - Dec 3 by STID2017

Firstly it's sad that anyone should be driven not to renew by any reason other than the fact that the football is dire and the manager is clueless.
Sadly, I do not feel that even if several thousand failed to renew it would make Jenkins position untenable.
If you are not enjoying don't renew, but please don't believe it'll hurt HJ, the other sellouts or the Americans.
16k ST's at say £430 each is just £7 million.
In footballing terms it's a drop in the ocean.
In answer to your original OP, like many on here I have seen us go through the lowest the club has been (at least twice) reach the pinnacle of English club football (on two different occasions) and personally I've no desire to go back to return to watching the dregs of our professional game in the lower league in a stadium with a few thousand others.
The current football is dire by the standards we've come to expect but please remove the rose tinted glasses about "the good old days" off the lower leagues

"Sadly, I do not feel that even if several thousand failed to renew it would make Jenkins position untenable.
If you are not enjoying don't renew, but please don't believe it'll hurt HJ, the other sellouts or the Americans.
16k ST's at say £430 each is just £7 million.
In footballing terms it's a drop in the ocean."

And at this particular moment in time where the club is getting over £100 million in tv, gate and other income then £7 million is a drop in the ocean.
A sizable drop yes, but still a drop in someones bonuses/ interest payments etc
After this particular moment if we don't stay in the Prem then you're talking absolute bullsh1te.

Now transfer your statement to just £16 million parachute money in the Chumpionship.
£7 million is nearly 50% of that income.
Still think it's a drop in the ocean?
Still think the Yank money men behind Jase and Stevie boy will love Beaky?
Think they're going to be happy clappers with our resident colonial cousin front men?

They're aren't many people in the World who can throw £70 million at a project and be happy when their managers fail so dismally to at least get their money back.
You do realise that quite a few Delaware companies are fronts for a lot of 'bad' people don't you?
And because Morgan, Beaky, Dimwit and the rest didn't do due diligence on the new owners, we all, including them, have no clue who put the cash up.

I've replied this on another post you made somewhere sprouting the same sh1te, which you seemed to ignore.
Wake up to reality please.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 12:35 - Dec 3 with 1383 viewsRevJames

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 08:59 - Jan 17 by pencoedjack

This ^

I want to stay in the PL but if we go down to me (personally) its not the end of world.

For the club moving forward its a massive kick in the bollocks.

It's also a lesson to those at the helm when you forget where you came from, what you've achieved and importantly, who you represent
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 13:09 - Dec 3 with 1355 viewsJimmyGilligan

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:14 - Jan 17 by Bloodyhills

In the same way I miss rickets Diphtheria and smallpox.

I miss the good old days.

I miss Rickets too, great player
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 13:14 - Dec 3 with 1351 viewsMrSwerve

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:14 - Jan 17 by Bloodyhills

In the same way I miss rickets Diphtheria and smallpox.

I miss the good old days.

I remember Sam but can't remember the other two players.

Edit: Jimmy beat me to it!
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 13:14]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 13:49 - Dec 3 with 1327 viewsRancid

I read shit like this on the Cardiff forum when they went down and thought what a sorry bunch of phuckin losers they sound.
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 14:38 - Dec 3 with 1298 viewsCroftyjack

I loved the lower league's but I was in my 20s then so it was the social side I loved....the football was shit. Shit stadiums, and the same teams year on year so no different to now.
I would soon get fed up of it and so would many here...believe me it's a myth that it's better cos it ain't.
Grow up and support the bloody team...half the club's in the premier league are saying the same, God people are miserable get into the spirit of something rather than condemn it.
STID ..always
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 14:42 - Dec 3 with 1295 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 13:49 - Dec 3 by Rancid

I read shit like this on the Cardiff forum when they went down and thought what a sorry bunch of phuckin losers they sound.

Innit.

We spent decades fighting to get here and now people are whinging about it. F*ck that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 14:55 - Dec 3 with 1281 viewsmonmouth

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 13:49 - Dec 3 by Rancid

Well we have adopted every other facet of that shit stained, rancid (no offence) bunch of total w*nkers. Greed, mismanagement, joke owners, weak as piss supporters trust, crap football, bottling, and losing, so it was only a matter of time before this stuff reared its head.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 14:58 - Dec 3 with 1273 viewsJBT95

You only miss it cause it's rose tinted glasses.

It's not the same teams every year, even this year we have already played 2 teams at home new to the PL.

Hopefully we can kick on.
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 15:16 - Dec 3 with 1266 viewsswanforthemoney

I've been to a few championship games over the last season or two and enjoyed them. Healthy crowds and generally quite exciting games because they have to be positive and try to win games if they are going to get promoted, draws aren't really enough. Very good camaraderie amongst the fans too, I felt. The fan bases of the bigger championship clubs that haven't been in the Premier League recently are very passionate. A concentration of very loyal long term supporters in the away ends.

I stand in the North Stand

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 16:04 - Dec 3 with 1238 viewsKilkennyjack

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 10:58 - Dec 3 by yescomeon

91st out of 92 for producing English players wasn't it. The kid coming through our system will be Welsh I bet we're 1st for producing Welsh players.

Well i live in hope.
The last good Welsh player we produced pre dated the huge Academy investment. That was Ben.

Obviously the majority of our players are now Scottish of course. Via the Falkirk link. Again none have made a positive impact at Swansea City first team level.

I wish it was not true, but it is.
On our arse at the minute ....and only Oli in the squad.
Bradford City produced Oli of course.

Have i missed anybody meaningful ?
We did release marley watkins and joe walsh who both were called up by Cookie.

Beware of the Risen People

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 16:37 - Dec 3 with 1219 viewsswanforthemoney

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 16:04 - Dec 3 by Kilkennyjack

Well i live in hope.
The last good Welsh player we produced pre dated the huge Academy investment. That was Ben.

Obviously the majority of our players are now Scottish of course. Via the Falkirk link. Again none have made a positive impact at Swansea City first team level.

Its always going to be the case that you let a few go and they end up making it.
With our large academy set-up there's going to be quite a few local boys who spend time at the academy, but ultimately have to go elsewhere to get a chance.
For good or bad, Wales will probably profit more than the Swans from the outlay on the academy.

I stand in the North Stand

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 16:58 - Dec 3 with 1206 viewsJBT95

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 16:04 - Dec 3 by Kilkennyjack

Well i live in hope.

It's still early days for the academy investment. It will probably be another few years, the kids in the under 11s and 12s now that will benefit the most - having gone through the whole new set up.

Stephen Kingsley made a positive impact on the first team, madness to let him go really.
Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 17:10 - Dec 3 with 1195 viewsMrSwerve

Being in the Premier League is a f*cking living dream and I think people need to remember that.

I'd have had a heart attack if someone told me around 2002 what our future holds. It's utterly pointless dropping down so that we can dream to be in the current position we're in.

Dropping down will do nothing to help our other problems. We need to fight them while we're in the league with the most exposure in the World.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 17:15 - Dec 3 with 1191 viewsKilkennyjack

Anyone else miss the lower league's. on 16:58 - Dec 3 by JBT95

It's still early days for the academy investment. It will probably be another few years, the kids in the under 11s and 12s now that will benefit the most - having gone through the whole new set up.

Stephen Kingsley made a positive impact on the first team, madness to let him go really.

Thats a fair post.

Of course it all depends if the extremely generous funding to date continues next season in the Championship...?
I doubt it is funded on any sort of sustainable basis outside of the Prem.

Mind you - we produced all of Ben, Jazz, Joey, and Macca when we had no money. Mr Curtis did a great job.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024