Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good game today 18:02 - Aug 22 with 8590 viewsDeerhunter

Alright lads, glad thats over was expecting a very hard game.

Decent game I thought, lot passion from both sides, and we both could have won it right till the end. On a personal level, great to see our lads finally put some heart into it and drag us back into the game, wasnt the usual 'if we go 1 down its over' mentality.

You's have a good side; we all know about Gomis, Ayew, Montero. But you gain a better insight when watching a full match, Montero especially is outstanding (think he'll be at a big club within a year, bad news for you lot).

Don't think you were at 100% and that allowed us to build some momentum and get the fans going, and in the end many were disappointed we couldnt snatch it, but yous always had the pace on the break so overall we cant complain. I imagine the vast majority would have snatched a point out of your hand.

Credit to yous like, you've built yourselves a really good side for minimal outlay in PL . So frustrating for us as a fanbase seeing smaller clubs come up and overtake us by so much. But, we can dream it one day changes.

Anyway, good luck for the season, would be surprised if you didnt at least get top 10 again, I bloody hope you do anyway for my Fantasy team.

Good game today on 21:34 - Aug 22 with 1647 viewsScoobyWho

Good game today on 21:17 - Aug 22 by Deerhunter

Cant change his past discipline, but he has been sent off 1 in two seasons, he's matured a lot.

And as for the 'cant pass, cant defend' comment, thats what I was talking about how other teams fans dont have a clue about him and judge him on his past. He's far from perfect, but he's a lot better than what people give him credit for.

When the likes of Ryan Mason, Tom Cleverley and f*cking Jack Colback are getting a call up, he should be in the frame. Just as talented, and offers something more than the sidewards, dont dare to play a through ball, beige-ness of them.

Nice one for your participation deer hunter, not sure you will beat the drop, not every week can be treated as a cup final, however fair play to you for tonight's discussions 👍

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Good game today on 21:42 - Aug 22 with 1635 viewsplasjack

Good game today on 21:22 - Aug 22 by Highjack

Your excellent keeper saved you from another hammering.

Sums it up your keeper MOM.
Good game today on 21:42 - Aug 22 with 1634 viewsDeerhunter

Good game today on 21:34 - Aug 22 by ScoobyWho

Nice one for your participation deer hunter, not sure you will beat the drop, not every week can be treated as a cup final, however fair play to you for tonight's discussions 👍

Aye, not many are sure. Needs to be some serious work in the next week and a half if we are going to stand a chance.

Enjoy seeing other fans views to be honest. Personally think you's will be around 9th.
Good game today on 22:49 - Aug 22 with 1569 viewsPhil_S

Good game today on 21:14 - Aug 22 by Deerhunter

Lens was better than them today...in no way am I saying hes better than them generally.

I think once the fans got behind us, we were on top, although yous always looked good on the counter, for which I think a draw was a fair result

I'm not even convinced he was better than them today certainly not Ayew or Montero
Good game today on 22:51 - Aug 22 with 1564 viewsDeerhunter

Good game today on 22:49 - Aug 22 by Phil_S

I'm not even convinced he was better than them today certainly not Ayew or Montero

Ayew looks a real talent, didnt think he was anything flash at all today though...needs to sort his diving out as well, sure Steve the Pirate will have a word.
Good game today on 23:59 - Aug 22 with 1491 viewsGriffting

Good game today on 22:51 - Aug 22 by Deerhunter

Ayew looks a real talent, didnt think he was anything flash at all today though...needs to sort his diving out as well, sure Steve the Pirate will have a word.

There's nothing flash about him, just a solid classy inside forward/winger. The positions he was finding were brilliant. Should have scored but for the post. And trust me, diving is not in his reportoire. But as an opposition supporter you see what you want to see.
Watch the game back and see if you think he dives when Rodwell knees him in the back within 10 minutes.
Thought we were lacklustre today, we've got a few more gears in us that weren't on display and won't complain with a draw overall. When you limit a team to 1 shot on target you've always got a chance to take something from a game so that's pleasing on our end.
My opinion of Sunderland: keep Defoe at all costs, keep lens on the pitch for the whole game (doubts on whether he should have been today) tighten up defensively.. Get a left back! and you might have a chance.. The aggression tactics has worked over the years for teams, possession based teams struggle against it.
Oh, and it was never a pen.
Good game today on 00:26 - Aug 23 with 1463 viewspikeypaul

Sunderland are the new Stoke.

Sent out to kick us off the park due to the lack of their playing ability,they had no desire to play football just to stop us which in a way is a huge complement knowing they could not match us in that udepartment,should have had at least 1 sent off only the most biased Sunderland fan can deny that, the homer ref should be ashamed of himself but I doubt if he cares since the PL will turn a blind eye to his cowardly performance .

Says it all when the GK is the MOM at home
he will not do it every week.

Hope the dirty cheating cants go down they have no place in the PL with those type of tactics at least Newcastle last did try to play football in parts and not just kick the opposition off the park. The difference was last week we had a ref that was not a coward who turned a blind eye and afraid to send a home player off which today's obviosly was,lens on a yellow Montero does him for fun and gets taken out ref turns a blind eye then Ayew bumps in to a Sunderland player not even a foul gets a yellow total joke,

I for one will be happy to see them out of the PL Iin May.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 0:30]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Good game today on 02:09 - Aug 23 with 1394 viewsDeerhunter

Good game today on 23:59 - Aug 22 by Griffting

There's nothing flash about him, just a solid classy inside forward/winger. The positions he was finding were brilliant. Should have scored but for the post. And trust me, diving is not in his reportoire. But as an opposition supporter you see what you want to see.
Watch the game back and see if you think he dives when Rodwell knees him in the back within 10 minutes.
Thought we were lacklustre today, we've got a few more gears in us that weren't on display and won't complain with a draw overall. When you limit a team to 1 shot on target you've always got a chance to take something from a game so that's pleasing on our end.
My opinion of Sunderland: keep Defoe at all costs, keep lens on the pitch for the whole game (doubts on whether he should have been today) tighten up defensively.. Get a left back! and you might have a chance.. The aggression tactics has worked over the years for teams, possession based teams struggle against it.
Oh, and it was never a pen.

Haha, 'opposition fans see what they want to see' -- 'it was never a pen' - we are all guilty of it. We love our clubs and we always have red and white (or for you all white) spectacles on.

Lens is a real talent, if we had a couple more like him and M'Vila we'd be fine. As you say, Defoe will always get goals, but he is just not a lone striker, wouldnt be suprised to see him leave before the deadline tbh.

I agree with the left back comment too haha, coming to the point where we may have to give up on van Aanholt, which is a shame as hes one of only a few with any pace.
Login to get fewer ads

Good game today on 02:34 - Aug 23 with 1387 viewsGriffting

Good game today on 02:09 - Aug 23 by Deerhunter

Haha, 'opposition fans see what they want to see' -- 'it was never a pen' - we are all guilty of it. We love our clubs and we always have red and white (or for you all white) spectacles on.

Lens is a real talent, if we had a couple more like him and M'Vila we'd be fine. As you say, Defoe will always get goals, but he is just not a lone striker, wouldnt be suprised to see him leave before the deadline tbh.

I agree with the left back comment too haha, coming to the point where we may have to give up on van Aanholt, which is a shame as hes one of only a few with any pace.

Cmon tho... It wasn't a pen (White and black)
Thats given against you and I'm sure you're absolutely raging..

See people on RTG slagging off Jones but imo he's contained Montero better than other fullbacks so far this season.
PVA though, what a mess defensively.
Defoe is deadly, big talk of Bournemouth, any truth behind that? If he does go then your desperation for a striker goes through the roof, as you say not a lone striker so you need to get 1 anyway.
Lens looked bright but his discipline i see hasn't been the best during his career.. M'villa comes with good pedigree but i didn't really see much in him today.. tidy enough tho.
I can see why you're in for de guzman.. Rodwell isn't suited to the attacking mid role.
A lot of work for old Dicky boy, do you think he's up to it?
Good game today on 08:22 - Aug 23 with 1293 viewsphact0rri

Good game today on 22:51 - Aug 22 by Deerhunter

Ayew was diving, I missed that. Did see him slid through the back with more than enough pace, and saw saw someone come at him with an atomic elbow drop. For diving you all might want to cast an eye to fletcher. He needs a bit of a drama coach to make it believable though.

But all in all fair play to you all. I think the load singing supporters should get MOM. i think it was you all that really made up the difference and pushed your lads onward.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Good game today on 09:23 - Aug 23 with 1239 viewsjasper_T

Cattermole was good yesterday. Didn't panic once with Gylfi charging around at him. Did a Cork-ing job imo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024