Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fullbacks 08:06 - Mar 23 with 3576 viewsstowmarketrange

A lot of the goals we are conceding at the moment seem to be because our fullbacks are playing more like centre backs.
Where was Yun yesterday for the first goal?He was almost on the penalty spot instead of covering his own side of the pitch.And Furlong seemed to be doing the same for the Arsenal and Palace goals.
If we can't stop giving teams easy goals,we haven't got a chance of winning games because we have to score at least twice to make up for the sloppy goals that we keep giving away.
Fullbacks on 08:18 - Mar 23 with 2865 viewswombat

think you might want to re check the footage of the first goal for whos at fault , coleman should have been tracked back by the toilet and once again the toilet was picking the invisible man up on the edge of the area yun was more central than he should have been but coleman was the toilets man all day long

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fullbacks on 08:55 - Mar 23 with 2823 viewsstowmarketrange

Fullbacks on 08:18 - Mar 23 by wombat

think you might want to re check the footage of the first goal for whos at fault , coleman should have been tracked back by the toilet and once again the toilet was picking the invisible man up on the edge of the area yun was more central than he should have been but coleman was the toilets man all day long

If that was the case,then there is even more reason why Yun should have played as a left back instead of an extra centre back.
Several times yesterday there was no one covering the left hand side of the pitch.I don't remember seeing Gino Padula,Clive Wilson or even Ian Gillard playing as an extra centre back too often.They played left back and tried to stop the supply from their side of the pitch.
Fullbacks on 09:09 - Mar 23 with 2804 viewsdanehoop

I'd suggest that as has been the case for much of the season, there hasn't been a great deal of cover for the fullbacks (when we have had them) from the midfield player infront of them. Yesterday wasnt any different.

Never knowingly understood

Fullbacks on 09:19 - Mar 23 with 2785 viewsElHoop

For the first goal Yun was pulled over into the middle to cover an Everton player. Hoilett should have filled in for Yun on the left but he didn't. I don't know what he was doing, but they scored. If Yun had marked space on the left and allowed the Everton player free space he'd have been slaughtered. I think that our left side has been weak all season, much weaker than the right in terms of both manpower and options.
Fullbacks on 09:20 - Mar 23 with 2780 viewsstowmarketrange

Fullbacks on 09:09 - Mar 23 by danehoop

I'd suggest that as has been the case for much of the season, there hasn't been a great deal of cover for the fullbacks (when we have had them) from the midfield player infront of them. Yesterday wasnt any different.

I'm not disputing the lack of cover from our wide men,but that doesn't excuse our fullbacks from going missing from their positions.It actually means that its even more vital that they stay wide to cover their side of the pitch,not follow the ball into the middle.
Fullbacks on 09:46 - Mar 23 with 2731 viewsfrancisbowles

Fullbacks cannot be in two places at once! Their primary role in the modern game, when defending, is to stay close to the central defenders and stop a gap from opening up. It is the job of the wide player, first, and the other midfielders to provide cover for their enforced absence from he flank.

I would also say that the right was Everton's stronger side with Coleman and the non stop Lennon. Rather like SWP at Palace, Hoilett was supposed to use his pace to get back and provide cover. He didn't. Unfortunately, we just don't seem to have anyone capable of doing a job in this position. Perhaps we should try Clint at lb with Yun in front of him
Fullbacks on 09:52 - Mar 23 with 2714 viewsElHoop

Fullbacks on 09:46 - Mar 23 by francisbowles

Fullbacks cannot be in two places at once! Their primary role in the modern game, when defending, is to stay close to the central defenders and stop a gap from opening up. It is the job of the wide player, first, and the other midfielders to provide cover for their enforced absence from he flank.

I would also say that the right was Everton's stronger side with Coleman and the non stop Lennon. Rather like SWP at Palace, Hoilett was supposed to use his pace to get back and provide cover. He didn't. Unfortunately, we just don't seem to have anyone capable of doing a job in this position. Perhaps we should try Clint at lb with Yun in front of him

I think that the original plan was to play three at the back in which case Yun wouldn't normally have needed to pull inside in that situation and would have been the wide player on the left. I don't think that we ever resolved the failure of the three at the back system. Isla and Yun were to push forward and track back to help the three, and that might have worked in the end if we'd have stuck with it, but what we've ended up with is just not good enough.
Fullbacks on 10:00 - Mar 23 with 2694 viewsJordanFoster

Fullbacks on 09:52 - Mar 23 by ElHoop

I think that the original plan was to play three at the back in which case Yun wouldn't normally have needed to pull inside in that situation and would have been the wide player on the left. I don't think that we ever resolved the failure of the three at the back system. Isla and Yun were to push forward and track back to help the three, and that might have worked in the end if we'd have stuck with it, but what we've ended up with is just not good enough.

As a fullback you definitely tuck in when the ball is in a cross position on the other side. You can't stay out wide leaving a huge gap between you and the centre back, any decent midfielder will exploit that with a late run.

You're supposed to tuck and minimise the space, with the winger, not your fault if the winger in front of you doesn't track his man.
Login to get fewer ads

Fullbacks on 10:36 - Mar 23 with 2653 viewsjohncharles

Should have made the change yesterday. Yun is a better winger than Hoillett and would cover for Hill when needed.

Strong and stable my arse.

Fullbacks on 10:40 - Mar 23 with 2641 viewsAndyB

A Few commentators and pundits refer to Hoiletts pace.
Has he got any? I have never seen evidence of it. Never.
Fullbacks on 10:42 - Mar 23 with 2638 viewsparker64

Looking at the first goal it's embarrassing. Players ball watching, hoping for safety in numbers. Yun was having to cover for an AWOL Caulker. No idea what Hoilet was doing.
Fullbacks on 10:58 - Mar 23 with 2594 viewswombat

Fullbacks on 10:42 - Mar 23 by parker64

Looking at the first goal it's embarrassing. Players ball watching, hoping for safety in numbers. Yun was having to cover for an AWOL Caulker. No idea what Hoilet was doing.

basic football on show yesterday , opposing full back bombs on winger tracks run esp in a 442 formation , toilet did non of that as per usual , he was hanging around looking lost on the edge of the D as per usual yun made a effort to cover the space toilet left wide open but was to late to get the the block in ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fullbacks on 11:20 - Mar 23 with 2562 viewsozexile

Fullbacks on 10:42 - Mar 23 by parker64

Just watching the highlights on tv. Hoilett is doing nothing.
Fullbacks on 11:23 - Mar 23 with 2553 viewsEalingRanger

The first goal was like something my five aside team concede on Wednesday nights. Really ridiculous from everybody involved.
Fullbacks on 11:44 - Mar 23 with 2529 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Yes first goal where was Toilet?
Yun was covering for Caulker as Caulker was nowhere near where he should have been.
as a side note Caulker has been a major disappointment. He stuffs up pretty much in every game.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2015 11:58]
Fullbacks on 12:16 - Mar 23 with 2496 viewsFloridaR

Defensive coaching errors causing it.

Centre backs playing too close sucking in fullback.

Fullback being told to mark the edge of the 6 yard box & leaving the left / right mid take the wide.

If we played a 4-2-3-1 one of the pivots could clean up near the edge of 6 yard allowing the fullback to do his job and to the sideline.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

Fullbacks on 12:17 - Mar 23 with 2492 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Isla was my MOTM yesterday

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Fullbacks on 18:33 - Mar 24 with 2340 viewsfrancisbowles

Fullbacks on 12:17 - Mar 23 by RANGERS4EVER

Agreed
Fullbacks on 19:23 - Mar 24 with 2294 viewsMatch82

Fullbacks on 18:33 - Mar 24 by francisbowles

Agreed

Also agreed.
Fullbacks on 20:14 - Mar 24 with 2262 viewsderbyhoop

It's all very well asking the full backs to tuck in but they shouldn't rely on the winger in front to fill the gap. The full back still has to be aware of what is outside him. Yun wasn't.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Fullbacks on 09:21 - Mar 25 with 2166 viewswestberksr

Fullbacks on 20:14 - Mar 24 by derbyhoop

It's all very well asking the full backs to tuck in but they shouldn't rely on the winger in front to fill the gap. The full back still has to be aware of what is outside him. Yun wasn't.

had his hands full with Lennon.

the least you can expect of a modern wide midfielder playing against Everton is to know that their full backs will be on the charge at every opportunity; apparently Junior didn't know that (18,000 fans did though and the rest of the football world!)

Caulker seems to go walkabout quite a lot and with Dunne or Clint alongside he'll get the verbal instruction he appears to need. Ned is a bit more Maddix style in that he is good at doing his job and the man to man stuff but doesn't seem a natural leader or very verbal. all imo of course.

in summary, more of the same. we are shit!
Fullbacks on 09:34 - Mar 25 with 2161 viewskensalriser

We've been conceding goals from late runners down our left all season, it seems. I wouldn't be surprised if it's so obvious that other teams are targeting it as a weakness. Piss poor coaching.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Fullbacks on 09:43 - Mar 25 with 2155 viewsWeaverQPR

I thought Harriman looked good at RWB for Luton last night, is he ready now for a season in the championship? Same applies to Ehmer and Doughty.

@WeavQPR

Fullbacks on 09:54 - Mar 25 with 2145 viewsQPunkR

Fullbacks on 12:17 - Mar 23 by RANGERS4EVER

I thought that up until the 2nd goal but I totally, totally lost it with him at that point.
We'd had a promising attack build up and he strayed offside and was too fúck-idle lazy to get back onside. Had he have made it back onside he would've been in the perfect position to take on Charlie's miscontrol on the edge of the area, but no. From that Everton break and score with Isla nowhere to be seen.
Tiredness can be accepted if you've put in a shift up and down that flank. Pure laziness cannot.

QPR - "shit but local"

Fullbacks on 10:00 - Mar 25 with 2138 viewsdaveB

Fullbacks on 09:43 - Mar 25 by WeaverQPR

I thought Harriman looked good at RWB for Luton last night, is he ready now for a season in the championship? Same applies to Ehmer and Doughty.

yeah give the kids a go then after 2 games we can say they are not ready as we did with Furlong and slate the manager for not playing Clint Hill
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024