Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beard Gone 16:01 - Feb 13 with 12161 viewsimustbemad

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/philip-beard-qpr-ceo-resigns-loftus-road-22689

It's a WOW from me
Beard Gone on 19:18 - Feb 13 with 2369 viewsYorkRanger

I feel nothing, which says it all. Undoubtedly Old Oak has played a part in this
Beard Gone on 19:32 - Feb 13 with 2339 viewsqueensparker

Could he just have been offered a better/different job? It seems that once you're a "CEO" there's seemingly no shortage of roles available, they all just swap jobs every few years pocketing some nice signing on fees. Performance seems less important than experience.

If we're going to be moving into Old Oak any time soon, and buying fewer players, he could have just thought it's time to move on
Beard Gone on 19:35 - Feb 13 with 2326 viewsbarbicanranger

Beard Gone on 16:32 - Feb 13 by FredManRave

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 1BH but you obviously haven´t seen this;

http://fsf.org.uk/blog/view/qpr-away-fans-coaches

I guess there is no pleasing some. How are the club expected to control / manage the process if they allocate money to supporters groups?? - every "group" and his dog are going to be asking for money for their coach. Unfortunately, to take advantage of this you will have to travel on a QPR official coach to the game. Complaints like this just create more admin for the club.
Beard Gone on 20:00 - Feb 13 with 2261 viewsHollowayRanger

Beard Gone on 16:10 - Feb 13 by LythamR

I wonder if this is a reflection on the old oak stadium project looking like its going a bit pear shaped

that would be my guess especially as car giant seem to be in front at the mo beard legging it before the poo hits the fan

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Beard Gone on 20:01 - Feb 13 with 2266 viewsstansleftfoot

Beard has gone and on his desk are on-going plans for Warren Farm and Old Oak.
They are both complex projects....his resignation only indicates that his role will have changed with Sir Les being DOF.
The development projects of Warren Farm, Old Oak are on-going and will be affected by QPR progress in the Premiership and how far Fernandes crawls up the learning ladder without falling off himself.
The work Beard was doing on Warren Farm and Old Oak can be placed outside with Consultants....we currently employ the same consultants as Car Giant...their publicity ignores QPR precisely because ours ignored them.....probably a reason for accepting Beards resignation along with the mis-placed £200 million his signature may have relied on....he no longer has a job! Simple!
Beard Gone on 20:05 - Feb 13 with 2247 viewsTacticalR

The man who provoked the resignation of the Official Supporters Club.

The man who said we couldn't be relegated.

My thoughts after Clive's report on the Fans Forum in February 2013:

'As smegma mentioned, Beard seems like someone from the political class, in that he makes a great deal of effort to appear a 'decent fellow', and is savvy enough not to openly alienate supporters the way Peter Hill-Wood does. However, was everything that was said at the meeting really so new to him? Either he genuinely had little idea of the complaints, in which case he is incompetent, or he knew about them and ignored them, in which case he is dishonest.'
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/31353/qpr-fans-forum-%E2%

Air hostess clique

Beard Gone on 11:19 - Feb 14 with 1923 viewssevenhoop

Beard Gone on 17:31 - Feb 13 by bosh67

He hasn't been a great communicator but he has made a lot of things possible for the club. The Nike deal, other major sponsors, even Charlie's deal here.

He was brought in long term to oversee the new stadium area thing and the Old Oak development because of his background with the O2 Arena etc.

With that not happening and other sponsorships sorted long term he probably feels he's a bit of a spare wheel now. Plus to be honest these types of guys don't hang about when a certain amount of things either happen or don't in terms of longer term investment projects.

I would imagine he's off to another project that is happening in terms of building and entertainment.

I think it is a bit unfair to have a right go at him because I think he has copped the blame for a lot of things that managers persuaded him they needed.

I went to the event the day after we won promotion and anyone who tells me that it didn't mean anything to him is deluded. He said that was the proudest day of his career so far.

That said, getting someone in who is focussed on the team, the product on the pitch and getting that right is definitely the right move.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2015 17:32]

on the "not caring" point, I've sat close to him at games and there is no one more committed and desperate for us to win than him, spends the whole game twitchy whilst having to look cool and professional - no idea how good he was at the job though
Beard Gone on 13:05 - Feb 14 with 1888 viewsDylanP

I assume it means the stadium project is not going to happen. He was brought in for the stadium, if we aren't going to do a stadium, why keep him? If we are, then he doesn't walk

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024