Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Red Cards Today 15:03 - Jan 24 with 5702 viewsHuw57

Go on then, which, in your opinion, were right or wrong.

Kyle Bartley's - Not a red.

Gylfi Sigurdsson's - Not a red.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2015 15:04]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Red Cards Today on 19:30 - Jan 24 with 1572 viewsGowerjack

Both correct.

No question at all.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Red Cards Today on 19:39 - Jan 24 with 1554 viewsjacksinceever

Red Cards Today on 15:56 - Jan 24 by grabsplatter

No, Gylfi was stupid & got what he deserved - just as jjs has been equally stupid previously.
The only thing I'd say in Gylfis defence is that he hasn't done it before - I'd still fine him for a lack of discipline though.
JJS has previous & could have seen a red for a stray arm a couple of times last season but got away with it

The worst part about Gylfi's sending off is that at that stage in a cup match, whatever Blackburn had done from there (gone on to score, wasted time, whatever) would have made no difference to the outcome of the game. It was already lost.
So a needless ban for Gylfi which will now affect us at a point that matters in one of the future games.
I felt both were a bit jobsworth, but within the confines of a red. therefore they won't be rescinded IMO.
Red Cards Today on 19:47 - Jan 24 with 1549 viewsjack_lord

The bit I don't understand is that the player wasn't in a goal scoring position (or whatever they call it) and both players were challenging. If it were a foul and worthy of a card then give a yellow. There were a number of challenges on other players that escaped a foul or when they were penalised no card was produced.

My rose tinted Swans spectacles say that Siggy was a yellow but thay may have been in frustration of what I had watched.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Red Cards Today on 19:51 - Jan 24 with 1541 viewsskippyjack

Red Cards Today on 19:47 - Jan 24 by jack_lord

The bit I don't understand is that the player wasn't in a goal scoring position (or whatever they call it) and both players were challenging. If it were a foul and worthy of a card then give a yellow. There were a number of challenges on other players that escaped a foul or when they were penalised no card was produced.

My rose tinted Swans spectacles say that Siggy was a yellow but thay may have been in frustration of what I had watched.

You've got to watch it from a Blackburn perspective.. and they're both reds.. not a Swansea perspective..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Red Cards Today on 20:06 - Jan 24 with 1521 viewsjack247

Red Cards Today on 19:47 - Jan 24 by jack_lord

Doesn't have to be in a shooting position, he has to have a clear run on goal. Doesn't matter how far out.

The Siggy one looked a borderline yellow/red to me and we all know what tends to happen to us when refs have 50/50 calls to make. As someone implied earlier, regardless of what colour the card should have been, the game was over and there was no need to lunge in. Out for the next 3 games now. Iresponsible.
Red Cards Today on 20:19 - Jan 24 with 1514 viewstrampie

Its all relative, like most things in life.

Would the Swans players sent off this season been sent off if they were Man Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea players every time in the same situation at the same stage of the match ?

Looking at one incident in isolation is missing the point, would players from those clubs been sent off after 5 mins like Bartley was ?, Bartley was goal side and he was pushed from behind, to say oh i can see why he was sent off is to miss the point, with Swansea its every time all of the time with lots of other teams most of the time in the same situation they would not have players sent off.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2015 20:23]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Red Cards Today on 20:48 - Jan 24 with 1492 viewsSTEVE1

Red Cards Today on 19:51 - Jan 24 by skippyjack

You've got to watch it from a Blackburn perspective.. and they're both reds.. not a Swansea perspective..

If your looking at it from a Blackburn perspective their manger actually stated in the after match interview he did not think it was a foul by Bartley and it should not have been a red.
Red Cards Today on 20:48 - Jan 24 with 1492 viewsFlashberryjack

Red Cards Today on 15:33 - Jan 24 by Trundle10

If Bartley was playing for Man UTD at OT then no way would that have been even a caution

This
I've no problem with Bartley being sent off ......but that happens all the time with the ref taking no action .
The Siggy tackle was stupid, but not dangerous, also see this every week with only a yellow card given.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Red Cards Today on 20:59 - Jan 24 with 1484 viewsSTEVE1

Red Cards Today on 20:48 - Jan 24 by Flashberryjack

This
I've no problem with Bartley being sent off ......but that happens all the time with the ref taking no action .
The Siggy tackle was stupid, but not dangerous, also see this every week with only a yellow card given.

I think the siggy tackle would have had a yellow 9 times out of ten we just get no luck pointless appealing as it is opinion I cannot see it being overturned.
Red Cards Today on 21:11 - Jan 24 with 1473 viewsFlashberryjack

Red Cards Today on 20:59 - Jan 24 by STEVE1

I think the siggy tackle would have had a yellow 9 times out of ten we just get no luck pointless appealing as it is opinion I cannot see it being overturned.

I don't know the answer, but I wonder what the ratio of yellow and red cards given to us for the amount of fouls we commit, comparable to others in this league.
The amount of cards we are picking up would suggest we are nothing more than a bunch cloggers

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Red Cards Today on 22:22 - Jan 24 with 1441 viewsjackbazza

absolutly 2 red cards......Bartley slowed down to get the man...........Siggy was 2 weeks too late with his tackle

I Luv Sian Massey

Red Cards Today on 22:51 - Jan 24 with 1420 viewsPrivate_Partz

Red Cards Today on 15:32 - Jan 24 by 3swan

Bartley - no should have been a yellow

Sigurdsson - yes, look at the intent on his face as he dived in

Strange how we see things differently. The camera angle showed Siggy's face and to me it seemed he was stretching in to get the ball when he had no chance and caught the player on the knee. The look on his face did not suggest malice to me and as soon as he had mistimed his effort I thought he recognised what a clumsy tackle he had made. I have seen free kicks given without any action when our players have been tackled in a similar manner.
Bartley was different as it was an outstretched arm and he was last man. Unfortunately the other player was not blameless either but once the free kick is given the red card was inevitable.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Red Cards Today on 23:14 - Jan 24 with 1405 viewsJackFish

Both borderline IMO, once the foul is given against Bartley then it's probably a red, but not convinced it's a foul. Siggy's is late and from behind, not sure what he's thinking but it didn't look malicious. If either of those two challenges had come from Blackburn they wouldn't have been sent off.
Red Cards Today on 23:19 - Jan 24 with 1400 viewsskippyjack

Red Cards Today on 20:48 - Jan 24 by STEVE1

If your looking at it from a Blackburn perspective their manger actually stated in the after match interview he did not think it was a foul by Bartley and it should not have been a red.

He's obviously correct..(f*ck me..any jobs going?.. I am concerned by society in general..when I can actually come to the correct conclusion..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Red Cards Today on 23:28 - Jan 24 with 1384 viewsNeathJack

Gylfi's is never a red card. Absolutely no chance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30860395
Red Cards Today on 01:36 - Jan 25 with 1270 viewsJJJack

Good post. If the Blackburn boss doesn't even think it was a foul then that tells you everything. As Trampie correctly says, just look how often we get reds in relation to other teams and particularly early reds....Taylor 1st min of a play off Semi FFS!, that Spanish CB against Palace under Sousa 13th min I think and now today. I cannot remember the last player to see red against us and cannot remember ANY instance of an early red for an oppo player. It's really twisting my guts because it's increasingly obvious that we just don't get the rub of the green from officials
Red Cards Today on 01:39 - Jan 25 with 1269 viewsdameedna

Bartley the carthorse
Siggurdsson the donkey

How many Premiership teams get two sent off against lower league opposition?

Not a good team at the moment we are missing some composure and ability
Red Cards Today on 01:43 - Jan 25 with 1266 viewsTNT

Game has gone soft!

Both yellow.

11v11 until the end of the game, best team wins.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Red Cards Today on 07:36 - Jan 25 with 1250 viewssomersetsimon

Yes, Bartley has his arm across him, but it didn't look like he was grabbing his shirt or pulling him. It looked like it was a push from King that sent them both to the floor. Nobody would have been surprised if the referee had given a free-kick the other way or given nothing.
Red Cards Today on 14:01 - Jan 25 with 1202 viewssomersetsimon

Red Cards Today on 23:28 - Jan 24 by NeathJack

Gylfi's is never a red card. Absolutely no chance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30860395

Looking at it again, it's never a red. He doesn't dive in and his studs aren't up. It's a foul from behind, but I can't see how you'd ever call it dangerous or serious foul play.
Red Cards Today on 14:11 - Jan 25 with 1195 viewsblaine_scfc

You can see why the Bartley one was given, he should of dealt with that a lot better, he seemed to slow down and let the lad back in.

Siggys a yellow in my opinion, we won't win an appeal if we try though.
Red Cards Today on 14:34 - Jan 25 with 1175 viewsPrivate_Partz

A Bristol City player just did and identical tackle to Siggy's on a WH player. In fact it was much more aggressive and he did not even receive a booking.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 14:39]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Red Cards Today on 14:38 - Jan 25 with 1167 viewstrampie

Red Cards Today on 14:11 - Jan 25 by blaine_scfc

You can see why the Bartley one was given, he should of dealt with that a lot better, he seemed to slow down and let the lad back in.

Siggys a yellow in my opinion, we won't win an appeal if we try though.

Match of the day showed that at the time that Bartley and the Blackburn forward collided the referee in all likelihood was unable to see the incident at the time of the collision as there was players in the way, they had a good camera angle right behind the ref and at the moment of the players coming together it looked like the ref would have been unsighted.

Which makes it all the more incredible that the ref sent the Swansea player off and after only 5 mins (the time should not make a difference but often does).

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Red Cards Today on 14:42 - Jan 25 with 1162 viewsPrivate_Partz

Red Cards Today on 14:38 - Jan 25 by trampie

Match of the day showed that at the time that Bartley and the Blackburn forward collided the referee in all likelihood was unable to see the incident at the time of the collision as there was players in the way, they had a good camera angle right behind the ref and at the moment of the players coming together it looked like the ref would have been unsighted.

Which makes it all the more incredible that the ref sent the Swansea player off and after only 5 mins (the time should not make a difference but often does).

Early on in the games sensible refs have a chat with the player. We seem to get precious little of this.
The result of this turned the whole game in my opinion and we more than likely would have got a result.

Edit: Lee Mason is the ref at Bristol and has been. Very lenient. I almost wish we had had him at Blackburn but I bet the outcome would have be the same. It seems Gary is right and refs love to wave red cards at us.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 14:53]

Red Cards Today on 15:23 - Jan 25 with 1141 viewssomersetsimon

Red Cards Today on 14:42 - Jan 25 by Private_Partz

Early on in the games sensible refs have a chat with the player. We seem to get precious little of this.
The result of this turned the whole game in my opinion and we more than likely would have got a result.

Edit: Lee Mason is the ref at Bristol and has been. Very lenient. I almost wish we had had him at Blackburn but I bet the outcome would have be the same. It seems Gary is right and refs love to wave red cards at us.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 14:53]

"It seems Gary is right and refs love to wave red cards at us."

I checked the figures and, despite committing less fouls than our opponents, we have had 8 players sent off and our opponents have had none sent off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024