Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! 15:27 - Nov 3 with 19460 viewsNOTRAC

Although the 2014 accounts have not been published and submitted to Companies House in respect of Swansea City AFC ,the Trust has just published their 2014 accounts on their new website.
From these one thing stands out.The Trust has received a further dividend for the 2014 year of £210,000 which means that a total dividend of £1m has been declared and paid to all the shareholders.
This means that for each £100,000 originally invested by each shareholder they have now received a Return of £300,000, that is, three times their original investments.
If it is true that they are also looking to sell their shares to the American investors there is only one thing that can be said about them
They are greedy bastards who are no different to Mr Petty, the man they once decried.
Surely they should now do a Mel Nurse, and gift their shares back to the club, and prove that they are men of integrity and not the crap that they appear to be turning into.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 09:00 - Nov 5 with 1368 viewswaynekerr55

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 08:57 - Nov 5 by Joe_bradshaw

I agree.

We will just be two votes though when any proposal is finally put to trust members. Hopefully we will be on the side of the majority.

I urge everyone who is concerned about the current situation to ensure that they have a say in the future of our club and the only way to do that is to join the trust.

Exactly. What does 10 quid buy you these days? 3 pints and a packet of crisps?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 09:34 - Nov 5 with 1334 viewsAngelRangelQS

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 09:00 - Nov 5 by waynekerr55

Exactly. What does 10 quid buy you these days? 3 pints and a packet of crisps?

Welcome to 2009
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 09:38 - Nov 5 with 1329 viewsPapaLazarou

Do you still get some sort of membership package sent out to you when you join the Trust?
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 09:41 - Nov 5 with 1326 viewsAngelRangelQS

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 07:25 - Nov 5 by Phil_S

Not sure about the going out of existence line - shares worth £10m now would not be worth £10m in the Championship for example

Any new owner not wanting to work with the Trust would mean that the last 12 years would have been almost in vain with the aim being long terms security so it would be impossible for us to work with them you are right

Thankfully we are not in a position where we have to sell which is the key thing for me

My view is that once we start getting involved with people with the kind of wealth this bloke has then we're moving into a whole new ball park.

Small business owners may be able to be bought out with cash in tesco carrier bags but billionaires will not be. If a new owner wants to sell to someone like Tan then he will and the Trust and the current board wouldn't stand a chance of winning it back.

Let's say 100% of the shares were sold for £100m, realistically there would be no guarantee of us getting our hands on our 20% for a hell of a long time. We could be passed from one mental billionaire to the next, debt stacking up, colour change, ground move and there'll be very little we could do about it
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 11:51 - Nov 5 with 1256 viewsPhil_S

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 09:41 - Nov 5 by AngelRangelQS

My view is that once we start getting involved with people with the kind of wealth this bloke has then we're moving into a whole new ball park.

Small business owners may be able to be bought out with cash in tesco carrier bags but billionaires will not be. If a new owner wants to sell to someone like Tan then he will and the Trust and the current board wouldn't stand a chance of winning it back.

Let's say 100% of the shares were sold for £100m, realistically there would be no guarantee of us getting our hands on our 20% for a hell of a long time. We could be passed from one mental billionaire to the next, debt stacking up, colour change, ground move and there'll be very little we could do about it

Cant disagree with any of that

ANd magic cashpoints don't give out millions of pounds - there's a £20k limit
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 14:35 - Nov 5 with 1193 viewsDavillin

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 09:41 - Nov 5 by AngelRangelQS

"Rainy day"? When it rains, it pours.

Sadly, you're right on the money with that post, and your previous ones in this thread.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 14:46 - Nov 5 with 1182 viewsDavillin

Unless Mr Jenkins has changed his statement, it remains "we need investment in order to compete," or words very similar.

The three operative words fail:

"compete": I don't know what you call our present position, on the table and in our stats. O.K., so it's less than a done deal that we'll stay at 6th or above, but that's "competing."

"investment": As I explained before, from the club standpoint, one "invests" by paying money to the club in return for something; whereas buying existing shares from shareholders is "investment" from the "investor's" standpoint, and no money goes to the club. What has been discussed so far is not "investment" in the club.

"need": "need" and "want" are two different things. The club has been making a steady profit since coming to the Premier League, has been proud to showcase several new facilities, and has paid out significant money in dividends. See "investment," above. If the club "needs" investment, why is the plan for shareholders to sell and receive the sale price, and not the club.

I can see the next book title now: From Ambition to Perfidy.

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:22 - Nov 5 with 1143 viewsDyfnant

One thing any of them better be sure of, if they do the dirty they'll be as welcome watching us live as Tony Petty.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:34 - Nov 5 with 1133 viewsfbreath

I believe it is this person who will be advising the current board

http://www.jcpsolicitors.co.uk/our-people/steve-penny/profile

Very experienced business solicitor

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:41 - Nov 5 with 1124 viewsmorningstar

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 15:34 - Nov 5 by fbreath

NO WAY! You mean the clubs solicitor who is on the board of directors at SCFC is actually advising them on legal matters? Whatever next!

http://www.swanseacity.net/club/whos_who/
[Post edited 5 Nov 2014 15:55]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:08 - Nov 5 with 1098 viewsWatchman

Surely the Trust must be asking for a truly independent legal advisor or do we have our own in place already.

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:15 - Nov 5 with 1092 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Aye, one of the "stars" of Jack to a King...........

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 17:31 - Nov 5 with 1041 viewsAngelRangelQS

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 14:46 - Nov 5 by Davillin

Unless Mr Jenkins has changed his statement, it remains "we need investment in order to compete," or words very similar.

"compete": I don't know what you call our present position, on the table and in our stats. O.K., so it's less than a done deal that we'll stay at 6th or above, but that's "competing."

"investment": As I explained before, from the club standpoint, one "invests" by paying money to the club in return for something; whereas buying existing shares from shareholders is "investment" from the "investor's" standpoint, and no money goes to the club. What has been discussed so far is not "investment" in the club.

"need": "need" and "want" are two different things. The club has been making a steady profit since coming to the Premier League, has been proud to showcase several new facilities, and has paid out significant money in dividends. See "investment," above. If the club "needs" investment, why is the plan for shareholders to sell and receive the sale price, and not the club.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this matter but 'competing' is staying in this division with relative ease. Which we've done for 3 seasons now and looking like we're making good inroads to do the same this season.

We've spent money pretty much in line with the people you'd expect us to and far in excess of the promoted clubs (generally) and the squad has slowly improved year upon year.

Therefore, I am at a total loss to understand firstly what else can we realistically expect to achieve in this division and secondly what sort of additional money they think needs to be spent. You could spend £100 million every summer of 5 new players and still be left with wanting "to just add a left back" or you could always "do with a third striker".

Ultimately, it is very unlikely that we will ever break into the top 8 sides in the country due to the sheer size of the clubs we're competing against. The only way we will is by playing the long game and slowly building.

We'll also always be in the arse end of nowhere and will struggle to attract the talent we want over cities like Liverpool, Manchester and London (i.e. where all the current top 7 clubs are based)

If this investment will mean a new stand, more people in through the gate, more Swans fans then it may be a good thing. Otherwise it seems like madness.
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 17:42 - Nov 5 with 1029 views_

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 17:31 - Nov 5 by AngelRangelQS

I'm starting to sound like a broken record on this matter but 'competing' is staying in this division with relative ease. Which we've done for 3 seasons now and looking like we're making good inroads to do the same this season.

We've spent money pretty much in line with the people you'd expect us to and far in excess of the promoted clubs (generally) and the squad has slowly improved year upon year.

Therefore, I am at a total loss to understand firstly what else can we realistically expect to achieve in this division and secondly what sort of additional money they think needs to be spent. You could spend £100 million every summer of 5 new players and still be left with wanting "to just add a left back" or you could always "do with a third striker".

Ultimately, it is very unlikely that we will ever break into the top 8 sides in the country due to the sheer size of the clubs we're competing against. The only way we will is by playing the long game and slowly building.

We'll also always be in the arse end of nowhere and will struggle to attract the talent we want over cities like Liverpool, Manchester and London (i.e. where all the current top 7 clubs are based)

If this investment will mean a new stand, more people in through the gate, more Swans fans then it may be a good thing. Otherwise it seems like madness.

Basically Jenkins, I say Jenkins because for some reason he's always chosen to be the mouthpiece for the Board, has facked up big time with this in thinking he could hoodwink the supporters with bollox like that.

Jenkins/Dineen, try a different approach please.... maybe an honest one.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 17:45 - Nov 5 with 1024 viewsAngelRangelQS

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 17:42 - Nov 5 by _

Basically Jenkins, I say Jenkins because for some reason he's always chosen to be the mouthpiece for the Board, has facked up big time with this in thinking he could hoodwink the supporters with bollox like that.

Jenkins/Dineen, try a different approach please.... maybe an honest one.

Assuming that a sale of a not insignificant number of shares is what we're talking about
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 18:09 - Nov 5 with 991 viewslonglostjack

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 17:31 - Nov 5 by AngelRangelQS

But with this " investment " we'll be able to afford a couple of star players like Solado or Baliotelli - then we'll be competitive against big teams like Spurs and Liverpool. Otherwise we have no chance and will be stuck with only being able to afford the Sigurssons and Bonys of this world.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 18:15 - Nov 5 with 985 viewslondonlisa2001

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 18:09 - Nov 5 by longlostjack

But with this " investment " we'll be able to afford a couple of star players like Solado or Baliotelli - then we'll be competitive against big teams like Spurs and Liverpool. Otherwise we have no chance and will be stuck with only being able to afford the Sigurssons and Bonys of this world.

that's a very good point.

If we had those players we would stand a chance of being above them in the tab... oh wait ;-)
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 18:32 - Nov 5 with 964 viewsskippyjack

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 14:46 - Nov 5 by Davillin

Have you ever watched rat race? When all billionaires are in a room betting?.. it's similar with football clubs.. plus our government will love another foreign power on our shores.. football isn't a working class game.. it's a business toy for people with power.. if we're to compete.. we have to have a powerful player on the board..

Billionaires make money even if it doesn't look like..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 18:44 - Nov 5 with 938 viewsAngelRangelQS

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 18:32 - Nov 5 by skippyjack

Have you ever watched rat race? When all billionaires are in a room betting?.. it's similar with football clubs.. plus our government will love another foreign power on our shores.. football isn't a working class game.. it's a business toy for people with power.. if we're to compete.. we have to have a powerful player on the board..

Billionaires make money even if it doesn't look like..

Sorry so how aren't we competing at the moment then?
A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 18:44 - Nov 5 with 937 viewsUxbridge

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:08 - Nov 5 by Watchman

Surely the Trust must be asking for a truly independent legal advisor or do we have our own in place already.

The Trust has its own legal affiliates.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 19:00 - Nov 5 with 915 viewsDavillin

I suggest you not feel sorry for "sounding like a broken record," if indeed you do.

It needs to be said. And said again.

You and I agree on these matters.

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 19:19 - Nov 5 with 892 viewswaynekerr55

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 16:08 - Nov 5 by Watchman

(hypothetical scenario) The cynic in me would ask why, as a multi million pound business we aren't using a solicitor from a magic circle law firm?

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 19:27 - Nov 5 with 872 viewsUxbridge

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 19:19 - Nov 5 by waynekerr55

(hypothetical scenario) The cynic in me would ask why, as a multi million pound business we aren't using a solicitor from a magic circle law firm?

Paul Daniels?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 19:51 - Nov 5 with 840 viewswaynekerr55

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 19:27 - Nov 5 by Uxbridge

Paul Daniels?

You little scamp you!

A million quid for the shareholders It's official! on 19:57 - Nov 5 with 832 viewsmax936

Fuking hell!! That's a hell of a post and a worrying one, the status quo needs to be kept, but how it some shareholders are intent on selling, l wonder how much is in the Trust coffers, is it enough to buy one or two of the shareholders share?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024