Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk 13:41 - Sep 4 with 6006 viewsthejack1912

Do you consider him to be a Swansea City legend? Most supporters had forgotten about him before he was appointed interim gaffer. But since he's delivered the biggest derby win in 18 years, a first league win at old Trafford, a best league start in so many years. Captained the club for a long stretch, played in every division, lifted 2 trophies at Wembley and let's be honest got us playing some of the best football (so far) in a very long time.

Many also forget his flying block in the Play Off final at 3-2 when Long had an open goal to shoot at which would've completely changed the game IMO.

Sorry for the rant but Iv got a Cardiff fan who reckons he hasn't 'done' a lot in his time at the club

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Garry Monk on 18:42 - Sep 4 with 1310 viewsjack247

Club great definitely. Legend? Probably not yet.

Personal opinion of a legend is someone people talk about 20-30 years after they have retired, Allchurch, Curtis etc. I never saw them play but know exactly who they are. Closest we have come in recent(ish) times is Freestone IMO.

Leon and Tatey came through the divisions with us, Rangel and Ash came through from league 1 and it's hard to say Garry is head and shoulders above them in terms of playing contribution. I know Jazz did too, but has never been a regular.

He may well get there if he is a massive success as a manager. Had he not left in the way he did, but stayed and finished the job of getting us into the Premiership, I think Martinez may have qualified based on his playing and managerial stints.
Garry Monk on 14:31 - Sep 5 with 1240 viewsStarsky

Garry Monk on 18:42 - Sep 4 by jack247

Personal opinion of a legend is someone people talk about 20-30 years after they have retired, Allchurch, Curtis etc. I never saw them play but know exactly who they are. Closest we have come in recent(ish) times is Freestone IMO.

Leon and Tatey came through the divisions with us, Rangel and Ash came through from league 1 and it's hard to say Garry is head and shoulders above them in terms of playing contribution. I know Jazz did too, but has never been a regular.

He may well get there if he is a massive success as a manager. Had he not left in the way he did, but stayed and finished the job of getting us into the Premiership, I think Martinez may have qualified based on his playing and managerial stints.

Whether you like or dislike Martinez... He's a club legend.
Same with Monk. He's been here longer than Martinez

It's just the internet, init.

Garry Monk on 14:33 - Sep 5 with 1233 viewsperchrockjack

Not the best player, not even possibly the best captain but in modern days I can't think of a more significant man at our club

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry Monk on 14:38 - Sep 5 with 1227 viewskopperburgjack

Captain. Manager. Legend

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Garry Monk on 15:31 - Sep 5 with 1197 viewsGlyn1

Garry Monk on 18:42 - Sep 4 by thomasJack

he is a legend and when he once stops as coach. the only true thing to do to raise a bronze stature of him in front clubben as inspiration for young new player

He's below Martinez but has the opportunity to move upwards or downwards.

Definitely equal to Alan Tate as a legendary player, but let's give a full season as a manager before judging him.

A promising start though.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Garry Monk on 16:21 - Sep 5 with 1171 viewsJoshTheJack

I'm not wating 20-30 years to call him a legend!!!
Garry Monk on 19:53 - Sep 5 with 1125 viewsStarsky

Garry Monk on 15:31 - Sep 5 by Glyn1

He's below Martinez but has the opportunity to move upwards or downwards.

Definitely equal to Alan Tate as a legendary player, but let's give a full season as a manager before judging him.

A promising start though.

I think he overtook Alan Tate several years ago in the legend race

Garry Monk on 20:03 - Sep 5 with 1122 viewsLiberty

Trundle qualifies surely.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk on 20:09 - Sep 5 with 1111 viewsFlashberryjack

If Garry Monk isn't regarded as a swans legend now.......he's pretty damn close to become one.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Garry Monk on 20:10 - Sep 5 with 1109 viewsStarsky

Garry Monk on 20:09 - Sep 5 by Flashberryjack

If Garry Monk isn't regarded as a swans legend now.......he's pretty damn close to become one.

He's there already

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024