Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you hold it against Gylfi? 13:31 - Jul 25 with 3450 viewsthejack1912

Does anyone still have a bitter taste towards Gylfi for snubbing us for spurs? Tbf he was a 22 year old who left for a crack at the top 4 after having 2 difficult years before having a great loan spell with us, which is understandable in my eyes but I know a lot of people have slated him for re signing.

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:33 - Jul 25 with 2549 viewsMattG

Not in any way. A six-month loan hardly entitles us to any hold over a player, particularly one as good as Gylfi, particularly when two of the top clubs in the country were chasing him.

Delighted to have him back - no grudges.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:35 - Jul 25 with 2535 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

No way he was going to join us after Brenda left after what happened to him in Hoffenheim

If Bony stays I reckon we could see a few goals this year!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:36 - Jul 25 with 2534 viewsJonTheJack

A bigger club came in for him where he had a chance of holding down the position.

Coupled with the fact that the manager who was about to sign him here did a runner?

No bitter taste at all.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:37 - Jul 25 with 2525 viewsicecoldjack

Not at all, he was never our player to begin with and even if Rodgers had stayed I still think he would have gone to spurs or Liverpool.

We must remember , at the time we were bookies favorites to go down and gylfi is faced with a mega offer to play at spurs and push for champions league or play at swans for a manager he didn't know much about and for half the money.

I thought we would struggle without him but along came michu,Chico and Pablo for the same price as gylfi !

Maybe we should be thanking him for not signing at that time ?
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:40 - Jul 25 with 2507 viewsBrynmill_Jack

No. At first I was disappointed he left but accepted that he went to a big club and we were a small club in comparrison . Then we got Michu who scored 20 odd goals for us in the same position so I forgot all about him.
I wasn't happy with us signing him now because I feel at best it's a step sideways or at worst backwards.
If he proves me wrong (which I truly hope he does) then I'll be delighted .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:43 - Jul 25 with 2473 viewspencoedjack

Not at all ..... as stated he wasn't our player.

Plus he turned down Rogers when I am pretty sure the smug bastard thought he was joining him at Liverpool.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:51 - Jul 25 with 2422 viewsBLAZE

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:40 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

No. At first I was disappointed he left but accepted that he went to a big club and we were a small club in comparrison . Then we got Michu who scored 20 odd goals for us in the same position so I forgot all about him.
I wasn't happy with us signing him now because I feel at best it's a step sideways or at worst backwards.

A step sideways or even backwards?

You feeling ok Bryn?

Gylfi is an ideal signing IMO, I can't see it any other way. Still young, point to prove after a difficult few years (often out of position), previously proven at this level. Goal scorer, excellent crosser (ideal for Bony)

Fantastic signing IMO

Re. the OP. I was probably bitter at the time, I can't really remember. But I welcome him back with open arms now. I'm a football supporter, hypocrisy and double standards are part and parcel of it
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:53 - Jul 25 with 2406 viewsJackfath

Live's too short to hold grudges against people, let alone professional footballers.

Negative energy is bad for you and if you feel you have this in your system, you need to look at ways of expelling it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:54 - Jul 25 with 2398 viewsJACKARSE

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:43 - Jul 25 by pencoedjack

Not at all ..... as stated he wasn't our player.

Plus he turned down Rogers when I am pretty sure the smug bastard thought he was joining him at Liverpool.

Not at all but I certainly hold it against Brenda .... sneaking in to hijack the deal, that would have left a bitter taste and I'm pleased Gylfi saw that and opted for Spurs ..... IMO this is a great signing for Swans and Gylfi.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:55 - Jul 25 with 2387 viewsoldcob

Once in the shirt they should get 100% support. No matter who they are or what they've done previously. When they are wearing another teams shirt I'm with Darren. Furk 'em.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 14:05 - Jul 25 with 2335 viewsperchrockjack

great he s back.Odd thread

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 14:13 - Jul 25 with 2298 viewspencoedjack

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:54 - Jul 25 by JACKARSE

Not at all but I certainly hold it against Brenda .... sneaking in to hijack the deal, that would have left a bitter taste and I'm pleased Gylfi saw that and opted for Spurs ..... IMO this is a great signing for Swans and Gylfi.

Sorry mate I was implying that Rogers was the smug bastard (so I agree with you) ... I don't hold it against Siggy at all.

A great signing.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 14:19 - Jul 25 with 2264 viewsperchrockjack

fathy...can we find an alternative for that "N" word .Its very much over used .They are other words. I like jaundiced

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 14:23 - Jul 25 with 2254 viewsItchySphincter

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:35 - Jul 25 by PatchesOHoulihan

No way he was going to join us after Brenda left after what happened to him in Hoffenheim

If Bony stays I reckon we could see a few goals this year!!

This sums it up. I don't recall any bad feelings towards him when he chose Spurs.

He agreed to sign then Brendan left, can't see what he did wrong tbh - especially as it was insinuated Laudrup f*cked him off. Even if he didn't he would have been mad to put himself through the Hoffenheim type situation again.

It seems to me that everytime we've said we wanted him he's agreed to come.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 14:24 - Jul 25 with 2235 viewsItchySphincter

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:40 - Jul 25 by Brynmill_Jack

I think he probably will Brynnie. :)

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 14:37 - Jul 25 with 2191 viewsDavillin

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 14:24 - Jul 25 by ItchySphincter

I think he probably will Brynnie. :)

You rarely see such unanimity about a departed player, as in this thread about this player. And on several aspects of the whole situation.

Frankly, I'm glad. And I agree.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 14:38 - Jul 25 with 2184 viewsHuw57

Nope.

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 16:06 - Jul 25 with 2010 viewsStarsky

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:51 - Jul 25 by BLAZE

A step sideways or even backwards?

You feeling ok Bryn?

Gylfi is an ideal signing IMO, I can't see it any other way. Still young, point to prove after a difficult few years (often out of position), previously proven at this level. Goal scorer, excellent crosser (ideal for Bony)

Fantastic signing IMO

Re. the OP. I was probably bitter at the time, I can't really remember. But I welcome him back with open arms now. I'm a football supporter, hypocrisy and double standards are part and parcel of it

Bryn's having a Darran
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 16:07]

It's just the internet, init.

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 16:11 - Jul 25 with 1990 viewsraynor94

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 16:06 - Jul 25 by Starsky

Bryn's having a Darran
[Post edited 25 Jul 2014 16:07]

I thought it might have been the weather frying his brain, if he's being serious I'm gobsmacked

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 16:51 - Jul 25 with 1900 viewskarnataka

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 13:53 - Jul 25 by Jackfath

Live's too short to hold grudges against people, let alone professional footballers.

Negative energy is bad for you and if you feel you have this in your system, you need to look at ways of expelling it.

That's exactly how I feel about it but was reluctant to post it in case I came across as too smug as it's a bad habit I occasionally have.
Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 16:52 - Jul 25 with 1889 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Anyone who was / is bitter and is over the age of 12 needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

The same applies to anybody who boo'd him in our recent games.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 17:45 - Jul 25 with 1821 viewsStarsky

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 16:52 - Jul 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Anyone who was / is bitter and is over the age of 12 needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

The same applies to anybody who boo'd him in our recent games.

Totally agree Dwight

It's just the internet, init.

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 17:57 - Jul 25 with 1790 viewsOldjack

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 16:11 - Jul 25 by raynor94

I thought it might have been the weather frying his brain, if he's being serious I'm gobsmacked

you need a smack in the gob that's for sure

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 17:59 - Jul 25 with 1790 viewsthejack1912

Think we'll need a new chant after with tagged him with the "one greedy bast@rd" last season

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 18:44 - Jul 25 with 1689 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do you hold it against Gylfi? on 17:59 - Jul 25 by thejack1912

Think we'll need a new chant after with tagged him with the "one greedy bast@rd" last season

Good point. Obviously I can't possibly be anyone who's posted on this thread though. That would be totally hypocritical
As for me being affected by the sun - not really. He suited Brendan's game perfectly, slow measured build ups in the main and Gylfi having the craft to pick the pass through the appearing gaps.

I was hoping that we'd still try to keep a bit of the Laudrup style (from his first season) where we attack quickly and more directly. If Gylfi can do his stuff in a quicker attacking style then we're on a winner.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024