Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Press box 16:35 - May 29 with 5259 viewsDave_Lazy

Has anyone that sits in T block, Ellerslie Road received an email or know anything about the pressbox being moved there and current seats not being available now.
My old man claims to have received a text from the club regarding this and I am struggling to find anything to back up his concerns about us losing our seats
Press box on 23:09 - May 29 with 4988 viewsDave_Lazy

So, the email that I have also received is as follows:

Following meetings with the Premier League yesterday, we have been advised that the club must undergo certain mandatory upgrades to the stadium prior to the new season, in accordance with the Premier League's global media rights agreements.

Your current Season seat has been flagged as one that will need to be removed to accommodate new media facilities.

We are extremely sorry for the obvious inconvenience this will cause you and have come up with a process to assist with your renewal.

Not happy, but what to do. Any ideas from peoples at any better seats. Currently on the half way line with fantastic views across the whole of the pitch.
Press box on 23:36 - May 29 with 4935 viewsN12Hoop

I'm front of T but haven't received this. Wonder how big an area this effects? What row you in?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Press box on 23:39 - May 29 with 4925 viewsDave_Lazy

Press box on 23:36 - May 29 by N12Hoop

I'm front of T but haven't received this. Wonder how big an area this effects? What row you in?

In Row V, middle of the row. Top of the P in the white QPR.
Press box on 23:41 - May 29 with 4921 viewsqueensparker

I haven't had an email, I'm in T as well, row T.

Have had that seat for decades, definitely don't want to move!
Press box on 23:51 - May 29 with 4883 viewsN12Hoop

Press box on 23:39 - May 29 by Dave_Lazy

In Row V, middle of the row. Top of the P in the white QPR.

I'm row E hence guess not affected. It's not the most atmospheric block, but sticking a load of press in isn't going to make it any better. Should stick them in the a School End

Press box on 08:45 - May 30 with 4750 viewsDave_Lazy

Press box on 23:36 - May 29 by N12Hoop

Around 80 Seats will be affected apparently
Press box on 08:50 - May 30 with 4739 viewssuttonranger

Block t too but down front
Everything for press is set up in SA Rd stand why do this ?
Press box on 08:56 - May 30 with 4710 viewsN12Hoop

Press box on 08:50 - May 30 by suttonranger

Block t too but down front
Everything for press is set up in SA Rd stand why do this ?

I wonder if this is linked to the gantry that is above Block T, possibly creating easier access to it?

Login to get fewer ads

Press box on 10:14 - May 30 with 4640 viewsAunt_Nelly

It's to make room for Dick Mennis' teasmade.
Press box on 10:31 - May 30 with 4611 viewsJonDoeman

Press box on 08:56 - May 30 by N12Hoop

I wonder if this is linked to the gantry that is above Block T, possibly creating easier access to it?

Yeah more likely TV than press.

It Is What It Is !!

Press box on 13:04 - May 30 with 4495 viewsPinnerPaul

Press box on 23:41 - May 29 by queensparker

I haven't had an email, I'm in T as well, row T.

Have had that seat for decades, definitely don't want to move!

I'm T Row Q and haven't seen an email
Press box on 21:03 - May 30 with 4321 viewsDave_Lazy

Press box on 13:04 - May 30 by PinnerPaul

I'm T Row Q and haven't seen an email

OK, now going to HQ tomorrow to see what is going on and what they are offering. Need to get this sorted before I fly on monday.
Press box on 19:08 - Aug 14 with 3981 viewsbarbicanranger

Just watching LCI - you can clearly see this press box thing in ellerslie...god dam'it - taking up precious space for genuine supporters - it's a pretty big thing they've put in.
Press box on 23:02 - Aug 14 with 3724 viewsWokingR

Press box on 19:08 - Aug 14 by barbicanranger

Just watching LCI - you can clearly see this press box thing in ellerslie...god dam'it - taking up precious space for genuine supporters - it's a pretty big thing they've put in.

We've lost 90 seats across T and V blocks including both of my own
Still, I'm now on an aisle so will be able to stretch out at least one leg
Press box on 23:45 - Aug 14 with 3681 viewsDave_Lazy

Press box on 23:02 - Aug 14 by WokingR

We've lost 90 seats across T and V blocks including both of my own
Still, I'm now on an aisle so will be able to stretch out at least one leg

Premier League ruling apparently, never had it last time we were up there.
Have new seats and will need to acquaint ourselves with those around us. oh and a bloody great pillar in the way. Did ask if they will take it down and give us back our seats if we get relegated.
That went down well!!
Press box on 11:00 - Aug 15 with 3550 viewsNorthernr

Looking at it last week, as well as taking out seats, I think it could well obstruct views for the seats at the back immediately to the left and right of it.
There were also a load of new camera gantry positions at the back of stands which, again in Ellerslie, will obstruct views to the left and right of them.
Looking forward to a few meltdown threads tomorrow!
Press box on 11:05 - Aug 15 with 3541 viewsRangersw12

Press box on 11:00 - Aug 15 by Northernr

Looking at it last week, as well as taking out seats, I think it could well obstruct views for the seats at the back immediately to the left and right of it.
There were also a load of new camera gantry positions at the back of stands which, again in Ellerslie, will obstruct views to the left and right of them.

But as long as you're ok though eh....
Press box on 11:07 - Aug 15 with 3537 viewsNorthernr

Press box on 11:05 - Aug 15 by Rangersw12

But as long as you're ok though eh....

Not at all. I think it's a crock of sht that every year the fcking Premier League come up with something else we have to spend money on and do to our ground. That bloody studio they insisted we hung on the underside of Ellerslie Road has been used about half a dozen times in three years. It usually just sits there full of office furniture.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Press box on 11:11 - Aug 15 with 3527 viewsdaveB

They have new rules about the lights now as well which will be more money we have to spend
Press box on 11:16 - Aug 15 with 3502 viewstoboboly

Press box on 11:11 - Aug 15 by daveB

They have new rules about the lights now as well which will be more money we have to spend

Yet god forbid they try and introduce cheaper tickets....

I ferverently dislike the PL and everything it stands for. I hope football crumbles and goes back 70 years.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Press box on 11:21 - Aug 15 with 3490 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Last time I went mid-row in Ellerslie when someone was kind enough to lend me their ticket I discovered my feet were bigger than the space allocated to them so when we scored I nearly flew into the row in front.

Horrid stand. (unless at the front)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Press box on 12:16 - Aug 15 with 3418 viewssmegma

Press box on 11:00 - Aug 15 by Northernr

There are two camera towers in Ellerslie Rd, back rows level with 18 yard box. There's also one in the dead centre, back row of upper loft. They are permanent constructions and each one has taken out 16 seats. My brother erected them a couple of weeks ago.
Press box on 12:29 - Aug 15 with 3391 viewsqueensparker

I've been moved a block further towards the Loft along with family / mates for this press thing in Ellerslie and I'm still pissed off about it. I hope it's worth it.

I know it's a crappy old fossil of a stand but been there for decades
Press box on 15:16 - Aug 15 with 3318 viewsbarbicanranger

Press box on 23:45 - Aug 14 by Dave_Lazy

Premier League ruling apparently, never had it last time we were up there.
Have new seats and will need to acquaint ourselves with those around us. oh and a bloody great pillar in the way. Did ask if they will take it down and give us back our seats if we get relegated.
That went down well!!

What's more annoying is Ian Taylor said it won't always be used...only for big games! Ho hum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024