Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... 09:08 - Feb 23 with 4103 viewsRancid

...if we stay up.Fair?
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:11 - Feb 23 with 3121 viewsairedale

Sounds about right, with18 months to go on his contract.
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:11 - Feb 23 with 3114 viewsPhil_S

I suspect that is in reference to any clause in his contract which gives him a bonus if we stay up (Brendan had one too I think)

However, you would assume that as with most bonuses you would have to be employed by said company at the time it is finally earned - certainly the case with the company I work for.
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:15 - Feb 23 with 3081 viewsDr_Winston

F'ck him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:19 - Feb 23 with 3056 viewsmonmouth

in court he'd have to prove unfair dismissal and 'prove' we would have stayed up I guess. Maybe by extrapolating his points total (24 from 24) until the end of the season would give 38 points, so itdepends if that would be enough? Personally I wouldn't pay him a brass farthing more than he is specifically and directly contractually entitled to, and end up at tribunal if that's what he wants. Depends who thinks they've got the best ammo in the mud chucking stakes I suppose. If the club has any, can't see ML risking his whiter than white, always the victim, PR facade that is so treasured by him and his fanboys.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:25 - Feb 23 with 3019 viewsDyfnant

No hurry from our end. I expect he can't work until there's a settlement, probably not even TV stuff

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:25 - Feb 23 with 3016 viewsMattG

Is this on top of the £4½m we're already (allegedly) paying him?

If it's in his contract then pay up, I guess. If not and he's just looking for it as some sort of "goodwill" payment then, in recognition of his recent efforts to make the Club look bad, I would say no.
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:25 - Feb 23 with 3013 viewsKennedy

All he should get is his basic contract paid off. Of which is fully entitled to get.

Just call me JFK

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:28 - Feb 23 with 2991 viewsDr_Winston

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:25 - Feb 23 by Dyfnant

No hurry from our end. I expect he can't work until there's a settlement, probably not even TV stuff

Imagine how quickly Laudrup's stock will fall if he can't work and we keep improving under Monk...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:34 - Feb 23 with 2939 viewsjacksinceever

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:11 - Feb 23 by Phil_S

I suspect that is in reference to any clause in his contract which gives him a bonus if we stay up (Brendan had one too I think)

However, you would assume that as with most bonuses you would have to be employed by said company at the time it is finally earned - certainly the case with the company I work for.

Unfortunately Phil, as we see in many cases the rule that applies for the ordinary worker doesn't apply to a small minority (i.e CEO's, high level bankers, managers and others who sign contracts that offer them inflated wages, etc, then leave or asked asked to leave before that contract expires)
In the warped circumstances as above £1 million seems fair.
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:37 - Feb 23 with 2909 viewsDyfnant

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:28 - Feb 23 by Dr_Winston

Imagine how quickly Laudrup's stock will fall if he can't work and we keep improving under Monk...

We could end up chasing him for compo :)

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:47 - Feb 23 with 2852 viewsNatterjack

Why would we be liable to pay £1m bonus if we stay up when we would've more than likely be relegated if he stayed?

Can't see the logic there
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 09:53 - Feb 23 with 2817 viewsreddythered

Would it not be similar to the Kuqi(?) contract, the guy from Ipswich when you went up?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 10:17 - Feb 23 with 2708 viewsSkipTheJack

There's no way we should have to pay this. He left us 2 points above the drop zone, not 22!
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 10:55 - Feb 23 with 2615 viewstomdickharry

He was sacked through allegedly "breach of contract" and my guess is that if this fact is proved he would receive very little.Now B of C is an extremely complex area of civil law which requires experts in the field to determine the outcome of proceedings and it is this particular area that I have touched upon previously,if as Laudrup says he and Jenkins shook hands "everything is okay" then some 5/6 hours later we sacked him,it would take a genius in the Law of Contract to determine who's right and who's wrong in respect of alleged breach/s in such a short time.One thing is certain about this mess the legal profession will earn a few more bob.
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 10:56 - Feb 23 with 2609 viewsDarran

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 10:55 - Feb 23 by tomdickharry

He was sacked through allegedly "breach of contract" and my guess is that if this fact is proved he would receive very little.Now B of C is an extremely complex area of civil law which requires experts in the field to determine the outcome of proceedings and it is this particular area that I have touched upon previously,if as Laudrup says he and Jenkins shook hands "everything is okay" then some 5/6 hours later we sacked him,it would take a genius in the Law of Contract to determine who's right and who's wrong in respect of alleged breach/s in such a short time.One thing is certain about this mess the legal profession will earn a few more bob.

If your employer tells you to do something and you refuse to do it is that breach of contract?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:03 - Feb 23 with 2579 viewsMattG

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 10:56 - Feb 23 by Darran

If your employer tells you to do something and you refuse to do it is that breach of contract?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

There would be instances where that wouldn't constitute Breach of Contract - e.g. if your Employer tells you do do something illegal or dangerous, however that almost certainly wouldn't be the case here.

If it is related to the mooted changes to backroom staff then it would depend how they were suggested and what Laudrup's contract may or may not have said about control of such matters. For example, if they were merely suggested by Huw or the Board and Laudrup says that he considered the suggestion but felt that the current team was still the best for the job then that might be enough, depending on the wording of his contract, to mitigate against breach.

As TDH has said, breach is a very complicated area and, if this does ever get to court, it would be fascinating to hear what the alleged breach is, when and how it is alleged to have occurred and what Laudrup's view would be.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 11:05]
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:13 - Feb 23 with 2531 viewsDarran

Seriously why the f*ck this tw*ts sacking is different to the thousands of sackings over the years is baffling.

Move on you bell end.

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:17 - Feb 23 with 2505 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:13 - Feb 23 by Darran

Seriously why the f*ck this tw*ts sacking is different to the thousands of sackings over the years is baffling.

Move on you bell end.

You're the one who won't stop talking about him mun. Our greatest ever Danish manager. In our history.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:26 - Feb 23 with 2470 viewsDarran

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:17 - Feb 23 by Brynmill_Jack

You're the one who won't stop talking about him mun. Our greatest ever Danish manager. In our history.

Am I f*ck.

Gary Munks barmy army.

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:31 - Feb 23 with 2451 viewsairedale

What if the board told him to tin tack some of his staff and he didn't do it?
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:36 - Feb 23 with 2434 viewsJoe_bradshaw

So it's in the Sun on Sunday.

That doesn't make it true or even worth discussing.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:44 - Feb 23 with 2398 views3swan

Normally I'd agree but it would be down to the wording in a contract, and how tight it is.
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:54 - Feb 23 with 2351 viewsreddythered

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:31 - Feb 23 by airedale

What if the board told him to tin tack some of his staff and he didn't do it?

Given Laudrup doesn't employ the staff at the club, that would be a silly thing for the board to fire Laudrup for. Board pay their salaries, not Laudrup - if they wanted rid of some, all they had to do would be to fire them.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 12:28 - Feb 23 with 2241 viewsheadcleaner

Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 11:54 - Feb 23 by reddythered

Given Laudrup doesn't employ the staff at the club, that would be a silly thing for the board to fire Laudrup for. Board pay their salaries, not Laudrup - if they wanted rid of some, all they had to do would be to fire them.

Maybe the club were just affording him the courtesy of informing him they were releasing his back room staff and he refused to play ball. Or refused to work with their replacements.

Something we all know is he had to go there was no right time but as someone said we were sleepwalking to relegation no doubt about it. If we were to go down at least now we'll have a good go at it.
Laudrup chasing another 1 m from us....... on 12:33 - Feb 23 with 2218 viewswaynekerr55

His true colours have really shone through. It will be interesting to see how his legal team spin it. Again as TDH alluded to it's a case of civil law where it's a balance of probability Vs criminal where the "beyond all reasonable doubt" argument applies. Obviously the points tally from the previous 38 games would weigh heavily in our favour as that is an undisputed fact, whereas he would be arguing on a situation that has not and will not apply. Interesting times

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024