Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stop those crosses 11:42 - Aug 16 with 1466 viewsrichpr

My message to the team on Saturday is STOP the crosses coming in - or at least the occasional one. From what I have seen in the friendlies and the first game, both full backs / wingers have been useless at stopping the crosses. Dunne and Smyth combination doesn't seem to work as a defensive unit. Paal and Koli are way too weak defensively. What has happened to Paal? It is probably because he doesn't have an outlet like Chair to play alongside so his main game now is defending which he is crap at.

I don't want to criticise Dunne but I think the full back experiment may be over. Put him back in the center and let's get a full back with a bit of pace. I think Santos needs a chance - he came here as a right back and he hasn't been played there once.

I really hope I'm wrong but we could easily be on the wrong end of a thrashing on Saturday. Hopefully MC can come up with something - maybe we go all out attack.
Stop those crosses on 11:51 - Aug 16 with 1406 viewsWatford_Ranger

Going there more in hope than expectation. The way we defended last week doesn’t fill me with optimism with Paal and Dunne attempting to stop crosses for Kieffer Moore and Souza with Hamer following in.

I don’t have major concerns about Dunne but Paal I’ve never taken to.

Just hope we play well. We could play well and lose but it’s a classic case of an expectant home crowd who will get frustrated if we do our job which historically tends to mean conceding early and losing meekly. But we live in hope.
Stop those crosses on 14:49 - Aug 16 with 1076 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Stop those crosses on 11:51 - Aug 16 by Watford_Ranger

Going there more in hope than expectation. The way we defended last week doesn’t fill me with optimism with Paal and Dunne attempting to stop crosses for Kieffer Moore and Souza with Hamer following in.

I don’t have major concerns about Dunne but Paal I’ve never taken to.

Just hope we play well. We could play well and lose but it’s a classic case of an expectant home crowd who will get frustrated if we do our job which historically tends to mean conceding early and losing meekly. But we live in hope.

Great last line there Watford_Ranger and I was hoping Marti would sort that out but we keep losing meekly all the time and its very frustration .
When QPR fall behind we almost never pull out a draw not to mention a win the clock just simply runs out.
We rarely play with desperation I see other teams play with and those teams always seem to score late goals which really fires up their fans and creates a never say die attitude .
We need to go all out to find a result and if we get hit on the break so be it .Rather lose 3-1 with end to end action that a feeble 1-0 or 2-0
I think we might a draw Saturday myself that would be nice
Stop those crosses on 15:37 - Aug 16 with 952 viewsstainrods_elbow

Stop the crosses
Stop the crosses
Stop the crosses
Stop the crosses
Stop the crosses
Stop the crosses
Stop the crosses
Oooowwwww!

Nab them
Grab them
Jab them
Stab them

Stop the crosses nooowwww!

Sung to the tune of Dick Dastardly's 'Stop the Pigeon' . . .

(Do we need a Dick Dastardly in centre mid?)

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Stop those crosses on 15:53 - Aug 16 with 925 viewsBoston

'INCOMING'

Helicopter noises and Suicide is Painless song playing in the background.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Stop those crosses on 15:56 - Aug 16 with 908 views222gers

I expected the OP to be Dracula…
Stop those crosses on 16:16 - Aug 16 with 821 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Stop those crosses on 15:56 - Aug 16 by 222gers

I expected the OP to be Dracula…

I thought it was by some 2,024 years, a very late arriving post from Jerusalem R.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Stop those crosses on 17:43 - Aug 16 with 625 viewssilverbirch

I thought the Dunne at full back experiment started because Dunne at centre back was doing more harm than good. Harsh to judge any one player on the last couple of games though because we haven’t been functioning as a team. Hopefully, things gel tomorrow and we are more solid as a team and jimmy is back to his best at full back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024