Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup 13:54 - Aug 2 with 2754 viewsterryb

It's back! The first of 241 Extra Preliminary Round fixtures take place tonight.

There are five games that stand out for me:-

Penistone Church - Charnock Richard (I just like the names)
Congleton Town - AFC Bury (possibly the biggest crowd & the tie of the round)
Virginia Water - Brimscombe & Thrupp (the Brimscombe name & picturesque ground do it for me)
Oldland Abbotonians - Amersham Town (ex Amersham player & I think they last played in the FA Cup in the 1969/70 season)

The last one being Thetford Town - Ipswich Wanderers (ex secretary of IW & as it is being played at IW I will be in attendance)

I do mainly lose interest in the competition once the qualifying rounds are completed!
[Post edited 2 Aug 17:00]
FA Cup on 14:56 - Aug 2 with 2630 viewsHayesender

Littlehampton Town v Tooting & Mitcham for me tomorrow

Poll: Shamima Beghum

FA Cup on 15:08 - Aug 2 with 2587 viewsLazyFan

I presume that because the FA Cup is special, as we are told by the TV commentators, the TV channels will fully air every match, despite Manure not being in these early rounds.

zzzzzzzzzz

FA Cup on 15:33 - Aug 2 with 2532 viewsstowmarketrange

I would go to the IW game if I wasn’t going to the Brighton game instead.

I see that QPR U21’s have a friendly at Waltham Abbey on Tuesday night.I lived in Waltham Abbey for 8 years and I wish we’d played at Capershots then.I might still pop along and visit a few old pubs that I used to drink in.
FA Cup on 15:56 - Aug 2 with 2476 viewsBoston

Magic.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

FA Cup on 16:12 - Aug 2 with 2425 viewsDannyPaddox

Coventry Sphinx v Ashby Ivanhoe.
19th century historical romance derby.
FA Cup on 19:16 - Aug 3 with 2099 viewsaston_hoop

Vauxhall Motors have taken Eccleshill Utd to a replay, thoughts with the Eccleshill fans. We can all relate.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

FA Cup on 11:53 - Aug 12 with 1697 viewsDannyPaddox

Largest crowd on Day 1 of the FA Cup was 845 to see Corby Town and AFC Rushden & Diamonds battle out a 1-1 draw. Rushden won the replay on penalties in front of another bumper crowd of 714.

Most modest gate was the 41 souls who turned up to see Lutterworth Town vanquish Studley in a 5-goal thriller.

Some big names exited at the first hurdle. Racing Club Warwick, Sporting Club Inkberrow, Kirkby Miners Welfare, Shefford Town & Campton, Brimscombe & Thrupp, Bugbrooke St. Michaels, Godmanchester Rovers, and Malmesbury Victoria. All big names. All out.

The big big news however is the mechanics of misery, Vauxhall Motors, are out. Congrats to Eccleshill United of the Northern Counties East League Premier Division.
FA Cup on 19:16 - Aug 12 with 1483 viewsstowmarketrange

My daughter’s team are in the 2nd qualifying round of the Women’s FA cup on September 22nd.If they get through to the 1st round proper they might get to play QPR women’s team.
Who do I cheer for if it happens?
[Post edited 12 Aug 19:20]
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup on 21:27 - Aug 12 with 1384 viewsqpr_1968

love the fa cup.....
my first fa cup game was a 2-1 home defeat to swindon, 1971.....

love a good cup run, hate it when they put out a shite team.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

FA Cup on 22:06 - Aug 13 with 1193 viewsMatch82

FA Cup on 19:16 - Aug 12 by stowmarketrange

My daughter’s team are in the 2nd qualifying round of the Women’s FA cup on September 22nd.If they get through to the 1st round proper they might get to play QPR women’s team.
Who do I cheer for if it happens?
[Post edited 12 Aug 19:20]

QPR win, hattrick for your daughter. Impressed, the QPR ladies team offer her a contract on the spot.
FA Cup on 00:22 - Aug 14 with 1065 viewsstowmarketrange

FA Cup on 22:06 - Aug 13 by Match82

QPR win, hattrick for your daughter. Impressed, the QPR ladies team offer her a contract on the spot.

They would be well impressed if she scored 3 from her position in goal.Even Seny only got 1.
FA Cup on 01:27 - Aug 14 with 1027 viewsMatch82

FA Cup on 00:22 - Aug 14 by stowmarketrange

They would be well impressed if she scored 3 from her position in goal.Even Seny only got 1.

I did say best case scenario
FA Cup on 16:28 - Aug 14 with 853 viewshantssi

FA Cup on 11:53 - Aug 12 by DannyPaddox

Largest crowd on Day 1 of the FA Cup was 845 to see Corby Town and AFC Rushden & Diamonds battle out a 1-1 draw. Rushden won the replay on penalties in front of another bumper crowd of 714.

Most modest gate was the 41 souls who turned up to see Lutterworth Town vanquish Studley in a 5-goal thriller.

Some big names exited at the first hurdle. Racing Club Warwick, Sporting Club Inkberrow, Kirkby Miners Welfare, Shefford Town & Campton, Brimscombe & Thrupp, Bugbrooke St. Michaels, Godmanchester Rovers, and Malmesbury Victoria. All big names. All out.

The big big news however is the mechanics of misery, Vauxhall Motors, are out. Congrats to Eccleshill United of the Northern Counties East League Premier Division.

Didn’t Roy of the Rovers play for Godmanchester Rovers or was it Billy the Fish?
FA Cup on 09:53 - Aug 15 with 739 viewsterryb

FA Cup on 16:28 - Aug 14 by hantssi

Didn’t Roy of the Rovers play for Godmanchester Rovers or was it Billy the Fish?

That would be Melchester Rovers, alongside Blackie Gray with Tubby Morton in goal!

I always thought that they were based on Manchester United & I wanted them to lose every game, but I'm still waiting!

Back to the FA Cup & I see that Amersham have a nice local derby in the next round, at home to Clevedon. I missed the part of my geography lesson that placed the Chilterns in the west country!
FA Cup on 10:21 - Aug 15 with 695 viewsDannyPaddox

Melchester Rovers opponents also drew their origins from real football teams. There was Everpool, Blackton Wanderers, Tynecastle United, Arseham, and Chelshit.
[Post edited 15 Aug 10:26]
FA Cup on 11:05 - Aug 15 with 620 viewsE17hoop

It's the preliminary round this weekend
https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

Walthamstow take on Saffron Walden Town; Stow still have the best kit in non-League - this William Morris inspired beauty.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

FA Cup on 12:43 - Aug 15 with 484 viewsSpaceman_P

FA Cup on 11:05 - Aug 15 by E17hoop

It's the preliminary round this weekend
https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

Walthamstow take on Saffron Walden Town; Stow still have the best kit in non-League - this William Morris inspired beauty.

what I like about this, is that admiral is still in business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024