Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
T'2024 summer Tests 11:14 - Jul 10 with 2532 viewsD_Alien

Three against the West Indies followed by three against Sri Lanka

Starting with Jimmy Anderson's farewell test at Lord's, and England are bowling...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

T'2024 summer Tests on 11:32 - Jul 10 with 2509 viewsEllDale

Really moved by his family all being there and his daughters ringing the bell before the start of play.
Definitely the end of an era.
T'2024 summer Tests on 14:18 - Jul 10 with 2449 viewsD_Alien

Dream debut for Gus Atkinson

5-20 so far, including 3 in 4 balls

Move over, Jimmy...

T'2024 summer Tests on 14:21 - Jul 10 with 2437 viewsNigeriamark

T'2024 summer Tests on 11:32 - Jul 10 by EllDale

Really moved by his family all being there and his daughters ringing the bell before the start of play.
Definitely the end of an era.

Let's hope he can get at least one of the last 4 wickets in the 1st innings. Great start to a career by Atkinson
T'2024 summer Tests on 19:24 - Jul 10 with 2320 viewsisitme

Not a bad first day.
T'2024 summer Tests on 17:49 - Jul 11 with 2160 viewsDale_4_Life

England Rack Up 371 in good time...

West Indies second innings 53/4 still trail by 197.

This could be a 3 innings 2 day test at this rate.

I would be gutted if i had paid for a Friday (Day3) Ticket!!!
T'2024 summer Tests on 18:33 - Jul 11 with 2122 viewsisitme

And another good day.

It is always good when a plan comes off. Atkinson did well to get Holder to have to fend off a short ball.
T'2024 summer Tests on 13:11 - Jul 12 with 1997 viewsDale_4_Life

Whilst a great result for England it was a terrible test match.

How far have the West Indies fallen they looked out of there depth at Lords.

All over by lunch on Day 3. West Indies Hammered, England win by an Innings and 114 runs.

8 full sessions now vacant. This is not what we want to see in the remaining tests.

I guess you can only play (and beat) what's put in front of you.
T'2024 summer Tests on 00:34 - Jul 13 with 1818 viewsNigeriamark

T'2024 summer Tests on 13:11 - Jul 12 by Dale_4_Life

Whilst a great result for England it was a terrible test match.

How far have the West Indies fallen they looked out of there depth at Lords.

All over by lunch on Day 3. West Indies Hammered, England win by an Innings and 114 runs.

8 full sessions now vacant. This is not what we want to see in the remaining tests.

I guess you can only play (and beat) what's put in front of you.

They only played 1 3 day game as a warm up. Hopefully they will now play themselves into a bit of form because you don’t want games over that quickly, even if England win

Nice final innings for Jimmy with 3 wickets but should have been 4 !!!
Login to get fewer ads

T'2024 summer Tests on 20:23 - Jul 18 with 1474 viewsNigeriamark

T'2024 summer Tests on 00:34 - Jul 13 by Nigeriamark

They only played 1 3 day game as a warm up. Hopefully they will now play themselves into a bit of form because you don’t want games over that quickly, even if England win

Nice final innings for Jimmy with 3 wickets but should have been 4 !!!

Unbelievable catching performance ( lack of) by the West Indies. 5 catches and a stumping all missed with 5 out of the 6 relatively easy and the last catch still a better than 50/50. Terrible shots by England and we would have been out for less than 250 against a decent fielding team.

However we have got the runs & let's hope we can get at least 4 days of cricket in. Will know by the second session if WI will be competitive but they were poor today in the field
T'2024 summer Tests on 14:34 - Jul 19 with 1327 viewsD_Alien

T'2024 summer Tests on 20:23 - Jul 18 by Nigeriamark

Unbelievable catching performance ( lack of) by the West Indies. 5 catches and a stumping all missed with 5 out of the 6 relatively easy and the last catch still a better than 50/50. Terrible shots by England and we would have been out for less than 250 against a decent fielding team.

However we have got the runs & let's hope we can get at least 4 days of cricket in. Will know by the second session if WI will be competitive but they were poor today in the field

I'm hoping WI can put up a proper batting fight this time. With the weather set fair, we need competitive tests to maintain public interest and keep the ECB coffers filling up

An inexperienced WI side needs to learn quickly. They (eventually) put up a fight Down Under over the winter but they need a score today

T'2024 summer Tests on 20:40 - Jul 19 with 1178 viewspioneer

T'2024 summer Tests on 14:34 - Jul 19 by D_Alien

I'm hoping WI can put up a proper batting fight this time. With the weather set fair, we need competitive tests to maintain public interest and keep the ECB coffers filling up

An inexperienced WI side needs to learn quickly. They (eventually) put up a fight Down Under over the winter but they need a score today

You got your wish! I agree a competitive WI in tests is good for cricket.
T'2024 summer Tests on 12:23 - Jul 21 with 971 viewsD_Alien

T'2024 summer Tests on 20:40 - Jul 19 by pioneer

You got your wish! I agree a competitive WI in tests is good for cricket.

It was good to see them take a lead with the highest WI first innings total in England for three decades

The England response has been magnificent*

Will be interesting to see how many Stokes sets them later today

*until the final few overs before lunch
[Post edited 21 Jul 13:04]

T'2024 summer Tests on 19:14 - Jul 21 with 841 viewsisitme

What an epic collapse that a 90s England team would have been proud of. All credit for a better West Indies performance but what a session for England. Root and Brook last night really changed the game after the two quick wickets.
T'2024 summer Tests on 20:16 - Jul 21 with 798 viewsD_Alien

T'2024 summer Tests on 19:14 - Jul 21 by isitme

What an epic collapse that a 90s England team would have been proud of. All credit for a better West Indies performance but what a session for England. Root and Brook last night really changed the game after the two quick wickets.

Yes, a shame really; it would've been good to take it deep into the fifth day

Looks like the selectors have got themselves a proper Test-class spinner in Bashir, one who can win games. I was never convinced by Leach and others have been tried but since Swann it's an element we've been missing

Impressed with new keeper Smith too. Virtually faultless behind the stumps, no histrionics and looks like he knows how to find the boundary when needed

T'2024 summer Tests on 08:26 - Jul 22 with 664 viewsNigeriamark

T'2024 summer Tests on 19:14 - Jul 21 by isitme

When they were about 50-0 a mate called about going down today as the tickets were free. I said to hang on because they might lose a few wickets before the close but he didn't think so !!.

Genuinely embarrassing performance even though England bowled well. Let's hope Sri Lanka make a better fist of it.
T'2024 summer Tests on 10:26 - Jul 22 with 575 viewsisitme

T'2024 summer Tests on 20:16 - Jul 21 by D_Alien

Yes, a shame really; it would've been good to take it deep into the fifth day

Looks like the selectors have got themselves a proper Test-class spinner in Bashir, one who can win games. I was never convinced by Leach and others have been tried but since Swann it's an element we've been missing

Impressed with new keeper Smith too. Virtually faultless behind the stumps, no histrionics and looks like he knows how to find the boundary when needed

He bowled two really good balls to dismiss Holder and Athanaze on what was an unresponsive pitch without any real footmarks to aim for. He does not look phased when batsmen try and take him on, which is also a good trait. I read some where that he has the sixth highest release point for a spinner of all time which will help him extract bounce. Working on the nuances with Jeetan Patel will help him develop.

Smith kept well and from limited viewing looks like he can hit a long ball, which will be invaluable with the tail.

I felt a bit sorry for Mark Wood who bowled much better than his figures suggest. I wonder if they will give Potts and Pennington a game at Edgbaston?
T'2024 summer Tests on 18:24 - Jul 22 with 437 viewsDale_4_Life

This West Indies side obviously not cut out for 5 days of intense Test Match Cricket.

Woeful at Lords.

More than decent first innings this time around and showed some fight. Then capitulation. England ruthless no complaints there but there will be much tougher tests later this summer and then a really big test that i am looking forward to next winter.

England 400+ Both Innings I am sure that is another first - certainly in the modern age. They look like they are really buying into the attacking form of test cricket.
T'2024 summer Tests on 18:57 - Jul 22 with 423 viewsD_Alien

T'2024 summer Tests on 18:24 - Jul 22 by Dale_4_Life

This West Indies side obviously not cut out for 5 days of intense Test Match Cricket.

Woeful at Lords.

More than decent first innings this time around and showed some fight. Then capitulation. England ruthless no complaints there but there will be much tougher tests later this summer and then a really big test that i am looking forward to next winter.

England 400+ Both Innings I am sure that is another first - certainly in the modern age. They look like they are really buying into the attacking form of test cricket.

It was the first time England have scored 400+ in both innings of a test, going back to 1877 (the first ever test)

Of course, they might well have done it before except for being set totals below 400 to win games on many occasions, or declaring their second innings below that total
[Post edited 22 Jul 19:00]

T'2024 summer Tests on 09:27 - Jul 23 with 282 viewsDale_4_Life

T'2024 summer Tests on 18:57 - Jul 22 by D_Alien

It was the first time England have scored 400+ in both innings of a test, going back to 1877 (the first ever test)

Of course, they might well have done it before except for being set totals below 400 to win games on many occasions, or declaring their second innings below that total
[Post edited 22 Jul 19:00]

Incredible..

It will not always come off but what a positive way to approach a test.

Score 400+ first innings.

Concede a first innings lead.. (West Indies credit where its due)

I know score another400+ runs second innings...

Bowl out West Indies cheap and win at a canter. England must be a nightmare to play against!.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024