Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Final 22:05 - Jul 6 with 10547 viewsD_Alien

So it's a third semi-final under Southgate, against the Dutch

I thought we were marginally better today with the 3 CBs (brought about by Guehi's suspension) allowing greater flexibility but there must be a lot of tired (and injured) bodies after two lots of extra time

We've mainly got though via the odd moment of individual brilliance without looking particularly cohesive let alone fluent, but the FGs must've decided to smile on us for a change. No questioning the team spirit in a "circling the wagons" kind of way

[Post edited 11 Jul 12:46]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Semis on 04:20 - Jul 7 with 4724 viewspioneer

One shot on target in 90 minutes.

Highest ranked team faced was #19, average rank of opponents 35.

won one game out of 5 in 90 minutes

If we are to get to the final Southgate will have to do something he hasnt managed before…beat a top 10 opponent in a tournament.

I hope he does it, but it has been painful watching.
Semis on 04:51 - Jul 7 with 4700 viewskel

Semis on 04:20 - Jul 7 by pioneer

If we are to get to the final Southgate will have to do something he hasnt managed before…beat a top 10 opponent in a tournament.

Germany - Euro 2020?
Semis on 09:08 - Jul 7 with 4554 viewsNorthernDale

We played better than in previous in the Euros, with more energy, but we still reverted to over passing it and going backwards. I must admit, I did not realise Kane was on until halfway though the game, he was poor last night.
Semis on 11:18 - Jul 7 with 4427 viewspioneer

Semis on 04:51 - Jul 7 by kel

Germany - Euro 2020?

They were ranked 14th
Semis on 11:36 - Jul 7 with 4374 viewskel

Semis on 11:18 - Jul 7 by pioneer

They were ranked 14th

Oh, righto.

https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/country/?year=2021
[Post edited 7 Jul 11:38]
Semis on 13:38 - Jul 7 with 4198 viewsTVOS1907

"won one game out of 5 in 90 minutes"

Such is cup football.

France are in the other semi-final without a French player having scored a goal from open play.

C'est la vie.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Semis on 19:32 - Jul 7 with 3935 viewspioneer

Semis on 13:38 - Jul 7 by TVOS1907

"won one game out of 5 in 90 minutes"

Such is cup football.

France are in the other semi-final without a French player having scored a goal from open play.

C'est la vie.

To be fair they have played teams ranked 3, 6 and 7.
Semis on 20:24 - Jul 7 with 3857 viewsTVOS1907

Semis on 19:32 - Jul 7 by pioneer

To be fair they have played teams ranked 3, 6 and 7.

And?

Login to get fewer ads

Semis on 00:38 - Jul 8 with 3690 viewspioneer

Semis on 20:24 - Jul 7 by TVOS1907

And?

And …it makes no difference how other teams have performed against top teams to the fact that England have performed poorly against weak (lowly ranked) opposition.
Semis on 06:50 - Jul 8 with 3600 viewskel

Semis on 00:38 - Jul 8 by pioneer

And …it makes no difference how other teams have performed against top teams to the fact that England have performed poorly against weak (lowly ranked) opposition.

If it makes no difference how other teams perform against “top teams” then why do you bang on about how England perform against “top teams”?
Semis on 07:38 - Jul 8 with 3581 viewspioneer

Semis on 06:50 - Jul 8 by kel

If it makes no difference how other teams perform against “top teams” then why do you bang on about how England perform against “top teams”?

they dont!
Semis on 08:16 - Jul 8 with 3533 viewsTVOS1907

Semis on 00:38 - Jul 8 by pioneer

I never mentioned England.

Semis on 08:31 - Jul 8 with 3519 viewskel

Semis on 07:38 - Jul 8 by pioneer

they dont!

I provided you with a link above - but as it didn’t fit your narrative about being negative about anything other than Hornets - you dodged it.
[Post edited 8 Jul 8:32]
Semis on 09:47 - Jul 8 with 3444 viewsBillyRudd

My thoughts exactly.
Semis on 11:20 - Jul 8 with 3340 viewsDaleFan7

Semis on 08:31 - Jul 8 by kel

I provided you with a link above - but as it didn’t fit your narrative about being negative about anything other than Hornets - you dodged it.
[Post edited 8 Jul 8:32]

That link was the club co-efficient rankings. Based on how they have performed in UEFA competitions to determine how many clubs go into next years competitions. UEFA doesn't have an international team ranking system, they are based on FIFA's.

Germany were ranked 12th ahead of Euro 2020 and 16th after it.

https://inside.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/men?dateId=id13295
Semis on 11:24 - Jul 8 with 3326 viewsDaleFan7

Portugal won Euro 2016 and the only game they won in 90 minutes in the entire tournament was against Wales in the semi-final. They won the final AET without their best player for the majority of the game.
Semis on 12:13 - Jul 8 with 3236 viewskel

Semis on 11:20 - Jul 8 by DaleFan7

That link was the club co-efficient rankings. Based on how they have performed in UEFA competitions to determine how many clubs go into next years competitions. UEFA doesn't have an international team ranking system, they are based on FIFA's.

Germany were ranked 12th ahead of Euro 2020 and 16th after it.

https://inside.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/men?dateId=id13295

Cheers, you learn something new every day.

Still doesn’t change the fact that some people only look for the negatives in everything. They’re the same type as those who are never to be seen when Dale win a game.
Semis on 13:19 - Jul 8 with 3171 viewsTVOS1907

Semis on 11:24 - Jul 8 by DaleFan7

Portugal won Euro 2016 and the only game they won in 90 minutes in the entire tournament was against Wales in the semi-final. They won the final AET without their best player for the majority of the game.

Good call.

Also, Man United won the FA Cup, beating a team who finished 31 points ahead of them in the league rankings.

As I said, such are the vagaries of knockout football.

Semis on 08:35 - Jul 9 with 2786 viewsdingdangblue

Denmark were ranked 10th at Euro 2020 - we beat them.
Yes this tournament hasn't been great but Southgate creates such a good atmosphere in the camps that the players get along and they seem to get over the line where past teams have folded. Even concentrating on penalties more than other coaches has got us through.
In Bellingham, Foden,Saka,Kane we have players who can in a moment turn a game so as long as we are fairly solid at the back we have a chance. After Bellingham's goal in the last 16 game you could say things like that win you the trophy. It is well over due.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Semis on 10:25 - Jul 9 with 2662 viewsDaleFan7

Tomorrow will be interesting, the Dutch seem to have found their shooting boots with 9 goals. You'd expect both teams will score in 90 minutes at some point. The Turkey team gave the Dutch defence problems when they ran at them.

I suspect Van Dijk will be more than happy to see Kane drop back to get the ball so everything is played in front of him. It's screaming out for runners in behind but not sure that's how England will set up.

It's worth noting that France are in the semi-finals, too. Only one French player has scored a goal all tournament and that was a penalty so we don't have it that bad, do we?
Semis on 12:35 - Jul 9 with 2533 viewsD_Alien

Semis on 10:25 - Jul 9 by DaleFan7

Tomorrow will be interesting, the Dutch seem to have found their shooting boots with 9 goals. You'd expect both teams will score in 90 minutes at some point. The Turkey team gave the Dutch defence problems when they ran at them.

I suspect Van Dijk will be more than happy to see Kane drop back to get the ball so everything is played in front of him. It's screaming out for runners in behind but not sure that's how England will set up.

It's worth noting that France are in the semi-finals, too. Only one French player has scored a goal all tournament and that was a penalty so we don't have it that bad, do we?

Kane has looked a bit jaded. A long season in a new environment (plus his age relative to say, Bellingham) has seen him underperform but he's still grabbed two goals. He's also picked up a few knocks

If he's fit to start he will do of course, but have to say i've liked the energy and "unknown factor" that Ivan Toney has brought to the front line in his brief appearances, and as we saw with his "just outstare the keeper" penalty isn't lacking in confidence. If Kane can't last the 90 minutes (or longer) i'd have no hesitation in bringing Toney on against a tiring defence

He's not played anything like a full season either, and it's no surprise he's being preferred as first change to Ollie Watkins

Semis on 14:00 - Jul 9 with 2399 viewswheniwasyourage

Semis on 09:47 - Jul 8 by BillyRudd

My thoughts exactly.

Agree

England matches are super boring to watch - the product is just not good enough. Credit to all of you who will watch it live.
Semis on 08:03 - Jul 10 with 2103 viewsDale_4_Life

Spain in the Final then for either England or the Netherlands.
Semis on 20:20 - Jul 10 with 1814 viewsD_Alien

Didn't think it was a penalty, but Kane does a repeat of his penalty against Dale in Feb 18

Edit: great half by England. We dominated and deserve to be ahead

Foden finally set free to do his thing
[Post edited 10 Jul 20:50]

Semis on 20:51 - Jul 10 with 1768 viewspioneer

What a contrast compared to previous games. Great first half.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024