Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kasey Palmer Abused 14:28 - Jan 21 with 4914 viewsRhonddaSwans

Why can't people go 90mins in a stadium without being idiots?
Being OUR former player we should all be supporting the strongest punishment possible.

Honestly people should leave that crap at home.

Racism is never going to be deleted, as there are racists of all colours.
Fifa are now talking about the team with the idiots in the stand will forfeit the game.

Can't we all just agree to leave it at home, It also shows that these vertue signalling campaigns don't mean anything.

I honestly think if it could cost 3 points then any idiot wouldn't leave that stadium un scathed.

Then they go on to launch a bottle that hit one of their own black players.
Me personally if I was a black player then I here my own fans being like this I would want out.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12988629/Footage-reveals-grou
[Post edited 21 Jan 14:33]

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:40 - Jan 21 with 1273 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:13 - Jan 21 by Gwyn737

Thanks, but that’s not what I asked.

There is no hierarchy in ethnic slurs in my opinion. It is clear in law they are the same but in reality there is in terms of sentencing.

Some Welsh people take foul ethnic slurs on the chin and chose to repeat them for validation. "It is not an ethnic slur because I do not take offence" . It is a cop out.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Kasey Palmer Abused on 22:24 - Jan 21 with 1223 viewsSTID2017

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:05 - Jan 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The club used to claim zero tolerance. it is a blanket mentality. The sheep stuff is pseudo obscene not for women and children and OK for the dressing room and barracks.

It has got out off control and become mainstream and partially accepted as banter. People laughed at the Vetch when bananas were d being thrown. It has take 40 years to get to today.

The pseudo obscene stuff includes a lot of dodgy stuff. A sick way of thinking. To a 14 year old singing "we know what we are" it is only a small step to other filth which is also illegal and may involve a prison term.

Perhaps before quoting the law, you should speak to a practitioner of it.
I can inform you that what you claim to be law is absolute twaddle.
And that is a fact

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Kasey Palmer Abused on 00:32 - Jan 22 with 1183 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kasey Palmer Abused on 22:24 - Jan 21 by STID2017

Perhaps before quoting the law, you should speak to a practitioner of it.
I can inform you that what you claim to be law is absolute twaddle.
And that is a fact

Explain this then.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2316196/Tourist-described-Welsh-people-

Precedent. Racially aggravated disorderly behaviour. Low life Swansea fans insult the own wearing the club colours. Dull as dishwater.

Ah but this is different etc etc.
[Post edited 22 Jan 0:35]

Kasey Palmer Abused on 08:13 - Jan 22 with 1124 viewsYrAlarch

Kasey Palmer Abused on 14:39 - Jan 21 by RhonddaSwans

Sheep shaggers is not an ethnic slur it is a trope.

As in Nottingham hundreds of years ago,.Welsh men could be killed for cattle russling.
We use to say we were stealing them for sex.

It is only an embarrassment to people who believe we could survive outside the union.

At the moment I am trying to open a discussion about abusing Black professionals and trying to support Kasey Palmer.

So if you want to turn it into make wales great again please start another thread butt.

As sweeping this under the rug is horrible.
It is not a competition of well this is said to us.
Banter in a football ground is part of the experience.
Calling a man that is there doing his job a monkey is not banter it's criminal.

So please res can you give us all space to start a conversation about it.

Also can you show our ex player a bit off support at this time.

Thank you mate

Looks like, despite all your efforts and good intentions, he has succeeded.
Kasey Palmer Abused on 09:24 - Jan 22 with 1101 viewsjackrmee

Kasey Palmer Abused on 18:06 - Jan 21 by SullutaCreturned

Infantino has said that teams whose fans do this should see the result given to the team who's players are abused.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11863/13053027/gianni-infantino-fifa-bos

And I agree with him, now then, how many away fans have aclled us sheep sha....oh no, best not.

Im with palmer too, it's disgusting and the team who have racist fans should face a points deduction every time their fans do this, or as Infantino says, an automatic forfeit.

That literally would put us back in the prem if the Res’ point is correct.
The sheep shaggers would win every game by default.
Oh no, maybe we would forfeit the game for abusing ourselves?
[Post edited 22 Jan 9:29]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Kasey Palmer Abused on 11:13 - Jan 22 with 1066 viewsandrew

Why is it only when black players get abuse there is uproar, but people abuse nearly all white players and hardly anything gets said. Why is abusing someone because they’re black any worse than abusing Harry Kane for his lisp?

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Kasey Palmer Abused on 11:21 - Jan 22 with 1055 viewsKeithHaynes

Kasey Palmer Abused on 11:13 - Jan 22 by andrew

Why is it only when black players get abuse there is uproar, but people abuse nearly all white players and hardly anything gets said. Why is abusing someone because they’re black any worse than abusing Harry Kane for his lisp?

It’s very much worse because it reflects society in general, Harry Kane’s lisp doesn’t. This abuse on the weekend was criminal in its action. Mocking a lisp unless it reaches the stage of constant harassment by an individual isn’t. I’ve never heard or seen any racist abuse towards a white player at any match I’ve attended. This is racial discrimination directed at one person due to their colour from a group of people seemingly of a different colour. Directly targeted and in the flesh. That’s the reason.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Kasey Palmer Abused on 12:13 - Jan 22 with 1007 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Edit: the post this post was responding to has been deleted so is no longer relevant
[Post edited 22 Jan 20:18]

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Kasey Palmer Abused on 13:24 - Jan 22 with 962 viewsRhonddaSwans

Kasey Palmer Abused on 00:32 - Jan 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Explain this then.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2316196/Tourist-described-Welsh-people-

Precedent. Racially aggravated disorderly behaviour. Low life Swansea fans insult the own wearing the club colours. Dull as dishwater.

Res I hope kasey looks at this thread to see all the fricking support he has got off us all 👍

This is literally why we are called 'White Privileged'

This thread wasn't about bloody sheep shagging.

It was about us all showing support/ having a conversation.

Poster of the year has gone to your head pal!
(res i asked you to start another thread for your weekly rant)
WE HAVE ALL READ IT LIKE 10000000 TIMES!

Kasey there are jacks who are vexed for you brother!

How bloody pathetic do we look 😢

Thanks to all of the lads who have stayed on topic though.
Kasey deserves our support at this hard time.

I wish I could pay the guy to do the sheep shagger chant directed at res , perhaps then he could appreciate how hard it is to be abused at work.

THERE IS ONLY ONE KASEY PALMER YJB!

Poll: Pre season prediction on final League position

Kasey Palmer Abused on 14:54 - Jan 22 with 891 viewsFlashberryjack

Kasey Palmer Abused on 14:46 - Jan 21 by RhonddaSwans

Keith could you pin this to the page for a day or two to show our support for kasey and so we can all have a chat about it.

As Kasey should know he was appreciated here also this will never stop without open and honest debate.

I'm all for supporting Kasey Palmer against racism, as long as we don't revert to taking Knee bollox.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Kasey Palmer Abused on 15:13 - Jan 22 with 878 viewsAnotherJohn

Very sad to see this. No player deserves that kind of abuse, and it especially hits home when it is a former Swan on the receiving end. I was a bit puzzled when I heard Kasey had been singled out though, because having watched him many times I couldn't really understand why he would have attracted more attention than the generality of players (many of whom come from non-white ethnic backgrounds). I wonder if he was having an especially good game and the opposition idiots decided to try to throw him off his stride. Anyway, I wish him all the best, conditional however on not scoring against us next time we meet.
Kasey Palmer Abused on 15:46 - Jan 22 with 848 viewsKeithHaynes

Happens all the time here in Spain, it generally goes unreported. Players walked off the pitch this weekend in Italy. To racially abuse here amongst some is widespread and not just at football. Even the old hag in my local sports centre is living with her Franco chip on her shoulder.

Kasey Palmer Abused on 16:32 - Jan 22 with 808 viewsjackrmee

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:40 - Jan 21 by ReslovenSwan1

There is no hierarchy in ethnic slurs in my opinion. It is clear in law they are the same but in reality there is in terms of sentencing.

Some Welsh people take foul ethnic slurs on the chin and chose to repeat them for validation. "It is not an ethnic slur because I do not take offence" . It is a cop out.

Or maybe “it’s an ethnic slur” because I’m a snowflake 🤷‍♂️
Way too many of them about these days.
It’s a bloody name calling mun, humans need to grow up.
I can understand maybe if Welsh people were once invaded by a race of humanoid sheep and our ancestors got raped and murdered by them and now people want to abuse us by calling us sheepshaggers, maybe in that context people may have a right to be offended.
But to be offended by someone saying I have sex with sheep by calling me a silly name? Hahaha grow the hell up man

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Kasey Palmer Abused on 16:54 - Jan 22 with 785 viewsYrAlarch

As, despite best efforts, we have gone off topic, this is for Res.
What do you call a Welsh man with a hundred lovers?
A shepherd.
Kasey Palmer Abused on 17:59 - Jan 22 with 741 viewsSullutaCreturned

Kasey Palmer Abused on 16:54 - Jan 22 by YrAlarch

A shepherd.

A man walks into his bedroom carrying a sheep. His wife looks horrified...
"See? See what I have to bang when you're not in the mood?"

The sheep says "Myyyyyyyy god. You weren't lying..."

Anyway, 100% support for Kasey, YJB. I won't mention the elephant in the room, there's been quite enough about animals on this thread and it should stay on topic.
Kasey Palmer Abused on 19:10 - Jan 22 with 689 viewsmax936

Kasey Palmer Abused on 11:21 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

It’s very much worse because it reflects society in general, Harry Kane’s lisp doesn’t. This abuse on the weekend was criminal in its action. Mocking a lisp unless it reaches the stage of constant harassment by an individual isn’t. I’ve never heard or seen any racist abuse towards a white player at any match I’ve attended. This is racial discrimination directed at one person due to their colour from a group of people seemingly of a different colour. Directly targeted and in the flesh. That’s the reason.

This post has been edited by an administrator

100% spot on.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kasey Palmer Abused on 19:30 - Jan 22 with 679 viewsmax936

Kasey Palmer Abused on 15:13 - Jan 22 by AnotherJohn

Very sad to see this. No player deserves that kind of abuse, and it especially hits home when it is a former Swan on the receiving end. I was a bit puzzled when I heard Kasey had been singled out though, because having watched him many times I couldn't really understand why he would have attracted more attention than the generality of players (many of whom come from non-white ethnic backgrounds). I wonder if he was having an especially good game and the opposition idiots decided to try to throw him off his stride. Anyway, I wish him all the best, conditional however on not scoring against us next time we meet.

He's a very decent player at this level, had some standout moments for us and sadly against us, pity we didn't keep him, but I don't think he was that fancied here by Cooper.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:47 - Jan 22 with 618 viewsSTID2017

Kasey Palmer Abused on 00:32 - Jan 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Explain this then.

Precedent can only be set in the court of appeal.
The Daily Mail is hardly the marker with which many of us judge our opinion by.

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:50 - Jan 22 with 615 viewsSTID2017

Kasey Palmer Abused on 19:10 - Jan 22 by max936

100% spot on.

Great Post

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:50 - Jan 22 with 614 viewsSullutaCreturned

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:47 - Jan 22 by STID2017

Precedent can only be set in the court of appeal.
The Daily Mail is hardly the marker with which many of us judge our opinion by.

ironically he moans about right wing people then uses a right wing rag as a source. I hadnt taken him for a Daily mail reader but it does explain a few things.
Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:55 - Jan 22 with 603 viewsKeithHaynes

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:50 - Jan 22 by SullutaCreturned

ironically he moans about right wing people then uses a right wing rag as a source. I hadnt taken him for a Daily mail reader but it does explain a few things.

Great sports reporting, top quality for me, best in the business.

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:57 - Jan 22 with 601 viewsSTID2017

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:50 - Jan 22 by SullutaCreturned

Explains a lot about him
The fact he has no empathy for anyone else marks him as a typical Daily Msil reader in my opinion

Kasey Palmer Abused on 22:04 - Jan 22 with 552 viewsReslovenSwan1

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:57 - Jan 22 by STID2017

Explains a lot about him
The fact he has no empathy for anyone else marks him as a typical Daily Msil reader in my opinion

You seem upset that actions by fans in the east Stand and by Welsh national team supporter are determined by the law as practicing.

"racially aggravated disorderly behaviour".

Swansea city have claimed zero tolerance while big numbers of fans are sing illegal racist chants. These are not proud people and lack self respect. They "own" a racial slur and engage with English fans in these slurs.

Kasey Palmer Abused on 22:06 - Jan 22 with 541 viewsWhiterockin

Kasey Palmer Abused on 20:57 - Jan 22 by STID2017

Explains a lot about him

Just an attention seeker mate, best to take no notice.
Kasey Palmer Abused on 22:57 - Jan 22 with 511 viewsjackrmee

Kasey Palmer Abused on 16:54 - Jan 22 by YrAlarch

A shepherd.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024