Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 games in 01:46 - Oct 5 with 11259 viewsHooparoo

We’re on track to go down with about 35 points FFS. 😬

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

10 games in on 09:45 - Oct 5 with 2186 viewsterryb

10 games in on 07:29 - Oct 5 by PlanetHonneywood

Can QPR afford it?

Maybe they'll try agree compensating over as long a time span as possible, while hoping he gets a job at some stage to reduce the compensation. Maybe such a plan was agreed from the outset.

I love GA's enthusiasm. I'd love it to be working for him, but he wasn't on anyone's wishlist for appointing on a three-year deal and alas, despite serving up some good stuff, there's been some dreadful offerings. Alas, it's looking increasingly like he'll be the latest appointment unable to stem the tide of decline overseen by the buffoons above him.

I rather suspect QPR's management are sat confused and clueless on a knife: Warnock is available and with the IB coming up, they'll have to make a decision soon or risk losing out on appointing him.

I further suspect the board are out of ideas beyond Warnock and they're also out of interested candidates beyond Warnock too. Yet again, the ills of QPR emanate from the boardroom.

Saturday could be 'feisty'

Wouldn't the cost of being relegated be more than the compensation? Not that I'm convinced that a change would do us good!

What I can't get out of my mind though, is that GA has a point per game record of 0.826. He has been manager for half a season, 23 games & 19 points gained. That is possibly the worst record of any of our managers since the second world war. Gary Waddock might have a worse record though!
10 games in on 09:51 - Oct 5 with 2134 viewsLowerloftLad

It doesnt matter who the manager is, I will state again The simple fact is this group of players are not good enough.

With Ainsworth they are at least trying... Well for now anyway.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

10 games in on 09:51 - Oct 5 with 2135 viewstoboboly

10 games in on 09:45 - Oct 5 by terryb

Wouldn't the cost of being relegated be more than the compensation? Not that I'm convinced that a change would do us good!

What I can't get out of my mind though, is that GA has a point per game record of 0.826. He has been manager for half a season, 23 games & 19 points gained. That is possibly the worst record of any of our managers since the second world war. Gary Waddock might have a worse record though!

Critchley?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

10 games in on 10:14 - Oct 5 with 2042 viewsterryb

10 games in on 09:51 - Oct 5 by toboboly

Critchley?

Critchley was in charge for ten league games, including two matches on the dates he was hired & fired (dates from Wiki). I couldn't tell you if he was in charge of the team in the defeat to Burnley on his hiring day & that would make a difference. I have a feeling that Paul Hall oversaw that one.

He acquired eight points in his time at 0.8 points per game, but if not in charge against Burnley it would be 0.889. We only lost four matches in this period, which does surprise me!

Included in these games were the atrocious performances against Cardiff & Luton. Very similar to the Watford & Coventry matches this season.
10 games in on 10:24 - Oct 5 with 2017 viewstoboboly

10 games in on 10:14 - Oct 5 by terryb

Critchley was in charge for ten league games, including two matches on the dates he was hired & fired (dates from Wiki). I couldn't tell you if he was in charge of the team in the defeat to Burnley on his hiring day & that would make a difference. I have a feeling that Paul Hall oversaw that one.

He acquired eight points in his time at 0.8 points per game, but if not in charge against Burnley it would be 0.889. We only lost four matches in this period, which does surprise me!

Included in these games were the atrocious performances against Cardiff & Luton. Very similar to the Watford & Coventry matches this season.

Good stats Terry. So even Critchley is higher on just one win?! You're right on Hall I think, which does make HIM worse statistically

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

10 games in on 10:27 - Oct 5 with 2002 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

10 games in on 10:14 - Oct 5 by terryb

If those stats are correct then it's even more damning of GA reign. Well done for posting it.
I was a fan of Critchley, and thought it a mistake to sack him. I'm not a fan of GA and think it is a massive mistake not to sack him.
10 games in on 10:31 - Oct 5 with 1985 viewsdaveB

10 games in on 09:19 - Oct 5 by TheChef

Who is this amazing new manager who is going to score a load of goals for us?

Fine, spin the managerial wheel again rather than giving the incumbent time to sort things out. It's worked soooo well for us over the last 12 months or so...

We could try hiring a good manager, worked well with Warburton
10 games in on 10:35 - Oct 5 with 1972 viewsPunteR

He has to go unfortunately. That's what any football club with an ounce of ambition would do.
Unless the owners are planning for L1 and basically mothballing the club then there's no point.
The honest questions we should be asking is can Ainsworth get us into a promotion chasing team?. Is he capable of getting us promoted into the Premier league ?.
What's the point if every season it just a relegation scrap.

I don't see anything remotely close to a team that's got its act together .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

10 games in on 10:48 - Oct 5 with 1934 viewstraininvain

10 games in on 09:19 - Oct 5 by TheChef

Who is this amazing new manager who is going to score a load of goals for us?

Fine, spin the managerial wheel again rather than giving the incumbent time to sort things out. It's worked soooo well for us over the last 12 months or so...

Perhaps a manager capable of setting the team up to score more goals. Surely we should expect more from a squad including Dykes, Chair, Willock, Armstrong, Smyth etc. They have two goals between them so far this season.

The manager has to take some of the blame.
10 games in on 10:59 - Oct 5 with 1885 viewsTheChef

10 games in on 10:48 - Oct 5 by traininvain

Perhaps a manager capable of setting the team up to score more goals. Surely we should expect more from a squad including Dykes, Chair, Willock, Armstrong, Smyth etc. They have two goals between them so far this season.

The manager has to take some of the blame.

Well he played both Dykes and Armstrong last night, and no goals. Imagine if he only started one of them and we still lost, then GA would get abuse for showing no ambition! For some fans whatever he does is the wrong thing.

Added to that, Chair always puts a shift in but his use of the ball seems to be getting worse - last night he seemed to ignore Paal half the time when he was well placed.

Sorry but I can't see any manager coming in and making us brilliant overnight.

Reality is we are most likely a bottom six team, and we need to finish in the top three of that mini league. Sorry if that bursts anyone's expectations.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

10 games in on 11:07 - Oct 5 with 1854 viewsBAWHoops

I'd say it's currently what we expected but not what we had hoped for.
Was always going to be a season of struggle, but we winning every once in a while keeps the wolves from the door. Currently that isn't happening but it's a looooong season with 36 still to play! Loads can change. However, Ainsworth has carried on really from where he left off last season. Semi solid away from home and useless at home.
Saturday feels key

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

10 games in on 11:12 - Oct 5 with 1826 viewsLblock

10 games in on 08:52 - Oct 5 by Rangersw12

This probably explains what's happened the last few games .

Up to Ainsworth to find a solution.

The solution could be American and currently working towards match fitness?

I'd sling him in now - what's he got to lose?
Kakay is a walking disaster zone and I feel sorry for him as he really does give it his all but he's way off what's needed to be a Championship regular. Nothing will change there so it's another one in the eye for who gave him a lovely four year deal.

Three CB's in Glass Salter, Dunne and Cook with wingbacks and Smyth further forward may give a more solid platform and more threat up top but ultimately Do we have more than 40 goals in this team? I think not.

We do have a goal scoring Left Back who can't take throw in's though.

End of the day I recall the straw poll on here had us certs for relegation so the current situation is not a shock.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

10 games in on 11:12 - Oct 5 with 1832 viewsNorthernr

10 games in on 11:07 - Oct 5 by BAWHoops

I'd say it's currently what we expected but not what we had hoped for.
Was always going to be a season of struggle, but we winning every once in a while keeps the wolves from the door. Currently that isn't happening but it's a looooong season with 36 still to play! Loads can change. However, Ainsworth has carried on really from where he left off last season. Semi solid away from home and useless at home.
Saturday feels key

The direction of travel is not good atm. We were worse against Swansea than against Sunderland, picked up at Birmingham, but were then complete crap against Coventry and last night just looked like we were happy to be there against a team that didn't have to get out of second gear to beat us.

The change in us between Watford and Cardiff was amazing. Everything was different - style, shape, formation, selection, outlook. It will have basically rendered everything Cardiff prepared to face irrelevant, and for an hour we caught them cold. We basically won a game through the element of surprise, and then caught Boro at a nice time. Now teams have had a look at us for a few weeks, they're happily just blasting through that Smyth-Kakay combo.
10 games in on 11:13 - Oct 5 with 1820 viewstraininvain

10 games in on 10:59 - Oct 5 by TheChef

Well he played both Dykes and Armstrong last night, and no goals. Imagine if he only started one of them and we still lost, then GA would get abuse for showing no ambition! For some fans whatever he does is the wrong thing.

Added to that, Chair always puts a shift in but his use of the ball seems to be getting worse - last night he seemed to ignore Paal half the time when he was well placed.

Sorry but I can't see any manager coming in and making us brilliant overnight.

Reality is we are most likely a bottom six team, and we need to finish in the top three of that mini league. Sorry if that bursts anyone's expectations.

It’s not just about starting two attackers and hoping for the best. The team needs to be set up in a way that creates chances for the attackers. I’m sure we can all agree that’s not happening at the moment.

It’s not all Ainsworth’s fault but if he can’t get the team creating chances, scoring and winning games then his position will be untenable.

I don’t think anyone’s expecting a new manager to come in and make us brilliant overnight. But there’s a huge gap between where we are right now and brilliant that would give us a better chance of survival.
10 games in on 11:18 - Oct 5 with 1788 viewsTheChef

10 games in on 11:13 - Oct 5 by traininvain

It’s not just about starting two attackers and hoping for the best. The team needs to be set up in a way that creates chances for the attackers. I’m sure we can all agree that’s not happening at the moment.

It’s not all Ainsworth’s fault but if he can’t get the team creating chances, scoring and winning games then his position will be untenable.

I don’t think anyone’s expecting a new manager to come in and make us brilliant overnight. But there’s a huge gap between where we are right now and brilliant that would give us a better chance of survival.

Well yes - it's survival. Which is finishing no worse than 21st (but hopefully higher!)

10 games in on 11:24 - Oct 5 with 1762 viewsMalintabuk

The manager merry go round of the last few years as not worked, and never likely to.
Like a lot I also think the hand Ainsworth has been dealt is toxic.
But there are a few decent players at the club who have all performed in the championship, and we all know they are not performing now.
We can't keep blaming Beale. Eventually something once again needs to change and unfortunately that has to be GA
Is it fair, absolutely not, and unless the owners have finally downed tools and decided that they are fed up with the club and are going to allow it to free fall and find it's natural level, they need to act
Who they can get is a challenge, and trying to persuade someone is going to be tough.
But if something isn't done we going to be relegate and I can see us not stopping in L1
10 games in on 11:26 - Oct 5 with 1749 viewsRangersw12

10 games in on 11:12 - Oct 5 by Northernr

The direction of travel is not good atm. We were worse against Swansea than against Sunderland, picked up at Birmingham, but were then complete crap against Coventry and last night just looked like we were happy to be there against a team that didn't have to get out of second gear to beat us.

The change in us between Watford and Cardiff was amazing. Everything was different - style, shape, formation, selection, outlook. It will have basically rendered everything Cardiff prepared to face irrelevant, and for an hour we caught them cold. We basically won a game through the element of surprise, and then caught Boro at a nice time. Now teams have had a look at us for a few weeks, they're happily just blasting through that Smyth-Kakay combo.

I'm pinning any small hope I have on this new RB being decent and allowing Smyth to play further forward
10 games in on 11:38 - Oct 5 with 1693 viewsNorthernr

10 games in on 11:26 - Oct 5 by Rangersw12

I'm pinning any small hope I have on this new RB being decent and allowing Smyth to play further forward

Well either through fitness or registration issues he didn't even make the development squad this week. Ainsworth described him as "rusty" in his pre-Leeds press conference which given his propensity for positive-charged bullsht in those things might mean the geezer's turned up with a fcking false leg.
10 games in on 12:10 - Oct 5 with 1596 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

10 games in on 11:38 - Oct 5 by Northernr

Well either through fitness or registration issues he didn't even make the development squad this week. Ainsworth described him as "rusty" in his pre-Leeds press conference which given his propensity for positive-charged bullsht in those things might mean the geezer's turned up with a fcking false leg.

This genuinely made me spill my tea haha
10 games in on 12:24 - Oct 5 with 1544 viewsBrianMcCarthy

10 games in on 12:10 - Oct 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

This genuinely made me spill my tea haha

Turkey and bean casserole spilt here.

Which is fine, as I now have to eat less of it thankfully.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

10 games in on 12:43 - Oct 5 with 1479 viewsTheChef

10 games in on 12:24 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Turkey and bean casserole spilt here.

Which is fine, as I now have to eat less of it thankfully.

Godspeed Brian.

Think I'd rather go without!

10 games in on 12:56 - Oct 5 with 1439 viewssevenhoop

10 games in on 09:51 - Oct 5 by LowerloftLad

It doesnt matter who the manager is, I will state again The simple fact is this group of players are not good enough.

With Ainsworth they are at least trying... Well for now anyway.

totally agree - we have a squad devoid of much talent and he has got a better chance than most to get the best out of them
10 games in on 13:24 - Oct 5 with 1379 viewshighleverhoopL

We were supposed to get relegated last season, but somehow didn’t. Now we are a zombie team, undead - a league one team accidentally in the league above.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 13:25]
10 games in on 13:31 - Oct 5 with 1360 viewsBrianMcCarthy

10 games in on 12:43 - Oct 5 by TheChef

Godspeed Brian.

Think I'd rather go without!

I should know better by now than to attempt a casserole. I should've hired you.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

10 games in on 13:58 - Oct 5 with 1271 viewsR_from_afar

10 games in on 09:11 - Oct 5 by Toast_R

There's Two options, a savvy transfer window in January where we perhaps shift a couple.of players out and make room for a loan or two who hit the ground running like in 20/21... or Warnock with a manage now pay you later kind of deal.

I don't think we can afford to wait until January to improve the squad, that could be too late to keep us up.

Ainsworth and co. need to get a free or loan striker now, perhaps on a deal until the end of the year. I hope to God that they are already looking.

There are players out there. They won't be amazing but we desperately need someone who has scored a few goals and who can hold the ball up for a bit. One of our biggest problems is that apart from Chair and 2022 Willock, we don't have anyone who can hang on the ball when we do eventually get into an attacking position.

Whoever is our manager, expecting that current squad to deliver the goals we need is a strategy which relies on someone having the purple patch to end all purple patches and - spoiler alert - that's almost certainly not going to happen, sadly.

A new striker, even if they're knocking on and/or not the best, could give the squad a bit of a psychological lift too; any of our squad with any nous must be looking at their colleagues in the dressing room and thinking where the hell are the goals going to come from. Grim times.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024