Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens if we get promoted? 12:24 - Oct 9 with 6756 viewsSnipper

I know it’s only early October, but if the unthinkable happens, and we get promoted, what do you think will happen?

Will the owners make a concerted effort to splash the cash to stay in the Premier League, or do they accept the big possibility that we’ll go straight back down, thus, buy sensibly and become a yo-yo club?

On Soccer Saturday yesterday when reviewing the Championship, they were saying that our owners are desperate to splash out, but can’t in the Championship due to FFP.

Personally, I’d want the very sensible approach, and accept that we’re going to be a yo-yo club at best.

I hate the Premier League with a passion. The only reason I really want us promoted is to clear debts. Bollocks to getting spanked every week.
What happens if we get promoted? on 08:21 - Oct 10 with 2045 viewsdaveB

We had a similar thread on here after beating Reading in January, people terrified of going up as it might not be as good, losing in this league isn't much fun either.

for all the doom and gloom about the Premier League I look at Palace and think why can't we do that, they have a young exciting team, fans seem happy and they make the most of it.

It's so early in the season though, we're still a bad week away from the bottom half so as good as we look at the moment it was only a few weeks ago when people on here were worried about us going down
What happens if we get promoted? on 11:22 - Oct 10 with 1870 viewsTheChef

Don't know.

Come back and ask the question in May.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What happens if we get promoted? on 11:36 - Oct 10 with 1834 viewsLandshark

What happens if we get promoted? on 14:21 - Oct 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

1) Take the money
2) Keep the same team
3) Invest in Infrastructure
4) Pray for 17th

If we survive

5) Spend on hungry young Champ players

If we go down

5) Rinse the league and repeat

Avoid whole sale changes like the plague. Stick to the gem polishing plan. I always thought teams with low budgets could do well most years because you‘ll always have three financial basket cases below you.

I like the Southampton way of doing things.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2022 14:33]

I've always said that if I was Chairman I'd do it like this.

We're not a Premier League team, we just don't have the infrastructure to support it. So I'd take the £130 million, invest heavily in the future of the club. Probably break the record for lowest ever points total but we would have a footing to potentially build on to become a team like Southampton in the future.
What happens if we get promoted? on 12:39 - Oct 10 with 1758 viewskensalriser

What happens if we get promoted? on 08:21 - Oct 10 by daveB

We had a similar thread on here after beating Reading in January, people terrified of going up as it might not be as good, losing in this league isn't much fun either.

for all the doom and gloom about the Premier League I look at Palace and think why can't we do that, they have a young exciting team, fans seem happy and they make the most of it.

It's so early in the season though, we're still a bad week away from the bottom half so as good as we look at the moment it was only a few weeks ago when people on here were worried about us going down

Without looking at the fixtures and crunching the numbers I'm going to say I think it's arithmetically impossible for us to fall 9 places in a week from where we are.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

What happens if we get promoted? on 15:12 - Oct 10 with 1623 viewsCiderwithRsie

In common with a few others on here, judging by the replies, I will be hammered for a week.

Beyond that I can't say. But knowing this club, it's bound to be barking.
What happens if we get promoted? on 15:24 - Oct 10 with 1606 viewsrobith

What happens if we get promoted? on 16:26 - Oct 9 by Northernr

What a film.

Answering the question, whilst I'm sure we'd spend tons of money, I'd hope it would be from a red folder Andy Belk keeps in a locked drawer. He pushes the key in the lock and says to himself "I never truly believe this day would come"
What happens if we get promoted? on 16:20 - Oct 10 with 1514 viewskingsburyR

Buy the 2022 versions of Joey Barton and Jose Boswinga

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

What happens if we get promoted? on 16:30 - Oct 10 with 1482 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What happens if we get promoted? on 16:20 - Oct 10 by kingsburyR

In all seriousness, isn’t it a blessing that promoted or not that our current owners and management can’t / won’t do this.
Login to get fewer ads

What happens if we get promoted? on 17:13 - Oct 10 with 1426 viewsstevec

What happens is VAR will suck all the fun out of going.
What happens if we get promoted? on 17:41 - Oct 10 with 1374 viewsR_from_afar

What happens if we get promoted? on 17:13 - Oct 10 by stevec

What happens is VAR will suck all the fun out of going.

Well, it won't when "the big clubs" have goals against us chalked off!

I've mentioned it many times but the game which sticks in mind is Brighton v Liverpool:

- Without VAR: 0-3
- With VAR: 1-1

I take your point but I would rather wait a bit for our goals and also savour the moments when our opponents have "goals" ruled out.

I know it takes away the spontaneity but it also reduces the likelihood of a big team with a high profile, mouthy manager getting the benefit of the doubt with the decisions, at our expense.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

What happens if we get promoted? on 18:41 - Oct 10 with 1310 viewsBoston

What happens if we get promoted? on 07:20 - Oct 10 by distortR

'Gutsy and Promising'

Starring Michael Beale

Lemmy, The Movie.

Starring Mick Beale.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What happens if we get promoted? on 18:42 - Oct 10 with 1313 viewsswitchingcode

You will have a great summer celebrating promotion and planning your trips away after the excitement of the fixture lists being anounced.£30 max for away tickets yet another plus.

You will spend the season looking for 3 worse teams to keep you in this unbalanced league for another year a league you have zero chance of winning or even get in to the top 6.

You will get pissed off with forever having fixtures changed at very short notice costing you fortunes on hotel and train cancellations.Then there’s VAR
You then spend as little as possible in the transfer market and hopefully sell a few players to desperate teams in the January window.You are then nicely set up to return to the best league in the world minus the Johnny come lately fans another big plus.
What happens if we get promoted? on 18:55 - Oct 10 with 1283 viewsstevec

What happens if we get promoted? on 17:41 - Oct 10 by R_from_afar

Well, it won't when "the big clubs" have goals against us chalked off!

I've mentioned it many times but the game which sticks in mind is Brighton v Liverpool:

- Without VAR: 0-3
- With VAR: 1-1

I take your point but I would rather wait a bit for our goals and also savour the moments when our opponents have "goals" ruled out.

I know it takes away the spontaneity but it also reduces the likelihood of a big team with a high profile, mouthy manager getting the benefit of the doubt with the decisions, at our expense.

Hopefully you are right but I suspect points wise we will be on the wrong end of most VAR calls.

I’m convinced VAR has been brought in to ensure another Leicester never wins the League again.
What happens if we get promoted? on 19:02 - Oct 10 with 1260 viewsDiscodroids

I'm quite happy with QPR being a swaggering Borstal Daddy of the championship swinging snooker balls in a sock over our head .

I understand the aim is to reach the Heavens Gate halle bopp of the Premiership and all the resulting Sky dosh and Financial secruity. I understand that. yet I've no interest in the Premier league . Haven't for about 10 years.

I'd struggle to name 10 players. It means less to me than Umayaad dynasty textle studies.

If we got promoted, after the initial rush celebration , i'd look forward to the following season mixing it with the big boys about as much as Hitlers bunker telegram operator sunk to the nuts up Martin Bormann on Dr Morells Methamphetamine waiting for the Red Army to show up.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

What happens if we get promoted? on 20:09 - Oct 10 with 1185 viewsDannyPaddox

What happens if we get promoted? on 18:41 - Oct 10 by Boston

Lemmy, The Movie.

Starring Mick Beale.

Apparently Gareth Ainsworth was gutted to not get this role. Is there anything Mick Beale can’t do?
[Post edited 10 Oct 2022 21:19]
What happens if we get promoted? on 20:58 - Oct 10 with 1086 viewsBAWHoops

It won't happen.... but to drift away and dream for a moment....

You'd tie assets down to longer contracts. Willock, Dieng and Chair along with Dunne, Dickie and Field as well.

We have the right age profile of squad that you'd hope enough players can continue to develop and step up.

Realistically, you sign a new 'spine'. CB, CM, ST and hope that's enough

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

What happens if we get promoted? on 10:15 - Oct 11 with 885 viewsderbyhoop

It's a bit silly to be thinking about this 1/4 way through the season. Especially, after last season's collapse.

We haven't got the infrastructure to compete at PL level. So, 3 or 4 better players, keep most of the money, expect to get relegated, but invest for the future.

We cannot hope to sustain a PL presence while housed in an out of date ground on a cramped site. The thread about safe standing reveals how much we've fallen behind clubs we used to outstrip.

Would take 3 or 4 visits to PL to give us the wherewithal to compete. Assuming we could find a site and build a new ground.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What happens if we get promoted? on 10:48 - Oct 11 with 851 viewsdaveB

What happens if we get promoted? on 12:39 - Oct 10 by kensalriser

Without looking at the fixtures and crunching the numbers I'm going to say I think it's arithmetically impossible for us to fall 9 places in a week from where we are.

we're 7 points above Watford in 12th so it's possible although unlikely but this is QPR, if anyone could make that kind of drop it would be us
[Post edited 11 Oct 2022 10:49]
What happens if we get promoted? on 11:48 - Oct 11 with 777 viewstoboboly

What happens if we get promoted? on 16:20 - Oct 10 by kingsburyR

I think Forest already have all of those under contract

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024