Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's all laugh at 10:10 - Sep 7 with 13098 viewsE17hoop

Chelsea.

Tuchel sacked.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Let's all laugh at on 13:52 - Sep 7 with 2230 viewsthemodfather

see what happens when tuchel bottled it from the spurs boss! how many touchline rows did he have, so many.
i hope potter goes there and they slide slowly down the table , as they spend more buy/sell dross and win nowt!
Let's all laugh at on 13:55 - Sep 7 with 2207 viewsNewBee

Let's all laugh at on 11:39 - Sep 7 by terryb

IF they offered the job to Potter I think it would be hard for him to turn down. It may be the only time that one of the "top" jobs was available for him.

Whether The Pensioners would be good for him is another question. I heard that they want to employ a long term manager! When was the last time they did that?

"I heard that they want to employ a long term manager!"

They do.

"Welcome to the club, Graham, and don't worry, you've got until the World Cup - guaranteed!"
Let's all laugh at on 14:01 - Sep 7 with 2184 viewsLazyFan

Proper bonkers that, got them to a Champ League final. They don't rate him, fair enough, but not getting rid until after he's spunked loads in the transfer window and waiting until its closed is proper bonkers that.

They will have someone lined up for sure, I hope they spunk another £100m on just two players in the Winter window and they win feck all.

Then the yanks will start the fire sale (the sales have already started with the new rules), and asset stripping will be the order of the day. Back to where I remember them, slipping down the table to eventually relegation.

zzzzzzzzzz

Let's all laugh at on 14:10 - Sep 7 with 2155 viewsMrSheen

Let's all laugh at on 11:59 - Sep 7 by WokingR

Isn't Simeone just the most perfect obnoxious match for Chelsea though

How many games would Sterling get in Simone’s 8-1-1? Sorry Raheem, we’re only recruiting from Uruguayan prisons now.
Let's all laugh at on 14:15 - Sep 7 with 2114 viewsNewBee

Let's all laugh at on 11:55 - Sep 7 by MedwayR

What are the available options?

Potter - honestly, he'd be better off staying at Brighton who are a well-run club. Potential England manager in the future so ruining his career now would be an unwise move.

Pochettino - He wouldn't join Barcelona due to his loyalty to Espanyol. Would the same apply with Spurs-chelsea rivalry? Heavily linked with Sevilla this week too.

Zidane - Maybe, just can't see it though.

Curveball option...Simeone. Things are currently not good at Atletico, tension between Simeone and the DoF, an unbalanced squad and they're struggling in the transfer market because finances are tight, inconsistent performances and results and a small part of the fanbase are growing tired of his negative tactics. Owner is open to selling too which brings uncertainty. He also took a wage cut during covid which hasn't yet been reinstated to previous level (although he is paid an obscene amount). If he was going to leave Atletico, I reckon now would be a good time for him to do it.

"Pochettino - He wouldn't join Barcelona due to his loyalty to Espanyol. Would the same apply with Spurs-chelsea rivalry? Heavily linked with Sevilla this week too."

Although Chelsea see Spurs as their rivals, Spurs fans don't think the same way - it's Arsenal for them. That's why they had no problem eg when Conte was appointed. Whereas eg Sol Campbell is the most hated man in N17.

As for Sevilla, really not a good time to be joining them - have had a terrible start in La Liga and got humped last night by M.City at home in the CL. Yet Lopet is under contract until June 2024 (if that means anything)

While the Boardroom is horribly divided between some Spanish shareholders, the fans' representatives and American (minority) Investors who are trying take over but aren't trusted.

No money to spend either eg this summer they took in $100m in transfers but only spent $30m of it on purchases.

And they can't decide whether to spend millions renovating their existing stadium or move to a new one.
Let's all laugh at on 14:16 - Sep 7 with 2121 viewsMrSheen

Let's all laugh at on 14:01 - Sep 7 by LazyFan

Proper bonkers that, got them to a Champ League final. They don't rate him, fair enough, but not getting rid until after he's spunked loads in the transfer window and waiting until its closed is proper bonkers that.

They will have someone lined up for sure, I hope they spunk another £100m on just two players in the Winter window and they win feck all.

Then the yanks will start the fire sale (the sales have already started with the new rules), and asset stripping will be the order of the day. Back to where I remember them, slipping down the table to eventually relegation.

To be fair, they showed more gratitude than to the other Champions League winner. I was hoping this could be the “Leeds sack Clough” moment, kicking off decades of decline, except:
1) This is normal for them
2) Tuchel actually won things
Let's all laugh at on 14:26 - Sep 7 with 2070 viewsClive_Anderson

Let's all laugh at on 14:01 - Sep 7 by LazyFan

They'll just get bought by yet another billionaire who will put a couple of billion in.

First it was Harding putting in £200m in the 90s and then when that run out and they were a few weeks from bankruptcy, some Russian came from nowhere to spend a few billion and now when his money started to run dry there's another load of billionaires that want to put a few billion in.

By the way what the fck ever happened to financial fair play? They seem to be able to spend infinite amounts of money from owners with zero consequences.
Let's all laugh at on 14:32 - Sep 7 with 2045 viewsfrancisbowles

Let's all laugh at on 13:50 - Sep 7 by PinnerPaul

Favourites are him, Potter, Zindane and Pochittino.

Previously when Brendan Rogers was linked with the job he said he was trying to build a career not destroy it, or words to that effect.

Not going too well at Leicester though!
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 14:36]
Login to get fewer ads

Let's all laugh at on 14:36 - Sep 7 with 2026 viewsloftboy

I’d be fûcking livid if I was a Brighton fan.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Let's all laugh at on 14:36 - Sep 7 with 2025 viewsMedwayR

Let's all laugh at on 14:26 - Sep 7 by Clive_Anderson

They'll just get bought by yet another billionaire who will put a couple of billion in.

First it was Harding putting in £200m in the 90s and then when that run out and they were a few weeks from bankruptcy, some Russian came from nowhere to spend a few billion and now when his money started to run dry there's another load of billionaires that want to put a few billion in.

By the way what the fck ever happened to financial fair play? They seem to be able to spend infinite amounts of money from owners with zero consequences.

Not only this regarding FFP, but during the whole period of selling the club how did they not run out of money. They supposedly had £15m cash reserves and a wage bill of £3.5m/week. With no one able to pump money into the club they should've gone bust pretty quickly. Something dodgy must've gone on. Equally dodgy is that the funds from the takeover are still with our ever so honest government, hasn't yet been passed onto charity/Ukraine.

Poll: Who’s better?

Let's all laugh at on 14:45 - Sep 7 with 1975 viewsNewBee

Let's all laugh at on 14:36 - Sep 7 by MedwayR

Not only this regarding FFP, but during the whole period of selling the club how did they not run out of money. They supposedly had £15m cash reserves and a wage bill of £3.5m/week. With no one able to pump money into the club they should've gone bust pretty quickly. Something dodgy must've gone on. Equally dodgy is that the funds from the takeover are still with our ever so honest government, hasn't yet been passed onto charity/Ukraine.

"Equally dodgy is that the funds from the takeover are still with our ever so honest government, hasn't yet been passed onto charity/Ukraine."

Afaik HMG have only frozen the funds because it would be illegal to seize/spend them - at least until this Ukraine business is sorted out one way or another.

Same with all those billionaire's yachts and mansions etc, all frozen.

Let it go.
Let's all laugh at on 15:12 - Sep 7 with 1908 viewsSnipper

I like Graham Potter. He was a certainty for the England job.

Hope he doesn’t end up at the flea pit.
Let's all laugh at on 15:30 - Sep 7 with 1867 viewsMick_S

Just give it to Conte and bollix to them.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Let's all laugh at on 15:30 - Sep 7 with 1867 viewsstanistheman

I was watching them yesterday and told my son that Tuchel should be thankful that Abramovitch was not still owner as he would be getting sacked in the morning. Now I know he wasn't so lucky afterall.
Let's all laugh at on 16:10 - Sep 7 with 1786 viewsMrSheen

Let's all laugh at on 14:45 - Sep 7 by NewBee

"Equally dodgy is that the funds from the takeover are still with our ever so honest government, hasn't yet been passed onto charity/Ukraine."

Afaik HMG have only frozen the funds because it would be illegal to seize/spend them - at least until this Ukraine business is sorted out one way or another.

Same with all those billionaire's yachts and mansions etc, all frozen.

Let it go.

There’s going to be some epic litigation in the years ahead all over the world. While it would be just to give all these frozen assets to Ukraine for reconstruction, would it be legal? And how much would be skimmed off by a different set of kleptocrats?
Let's all laugh at on 16:14 - Sep 7 with 1761 viewsstowmarketrange

Let's all laugh at on 15:12 - Sep 7 by Snipper

I like Graham Potter. He was a certainty for the England job.

Hope he doesn’t end up at the flea pit.

Me too,but he would be mad not to take it.He could go there and get sacked after 6 months and come out with his reputation intact as he could just blame the sh ithouse of a club.
Let's all laugh at on 16:32 - Sep 7 with 1691 viewsthemodfather

tuchel spent £200m and sacked weeks later, hopefully potter stays til january 2023 and spends fortunes and gets tin tacked plunging them into spiralling debts....
they will have to pay tuchel his contract, £10,? £20m?? as well
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:56 - Sep 7 with 1623 viewsDannyPaddox

Let's all laugh at on 14:36 - Sep 7 by loftboy

[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 16:57]
(No subject) (n/t) on 16:59 - Sep 7 with 1610 viewsMick_S

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:56 - Sep 7 by DannyPaddox

[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 16:57]

I’d have stuck him at The World’s End.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:11 - Sep 7 with 1569 viewstraininvain

They were only talking about extending Tuchel’s contract 19 days ago and signed Aubameyang for him last week! https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11668/12677116/thomas-tuchel-in-talk
[Post edited 7 Sep 2022 17:53]
Let's all laugh at on 17:12 - Sep 7 with 1568 viewsPinnerPaul

Blimey, Potter 1/9 with Paddy Power.
Let's all laugh at on 17:19 - Sep 7 with 1530 viewsJuzzie

Is Potter a genuine candidate?

Although I certainly think he deserves a step up, Chelsea are the sort of club that only go for 'name' managers. Unless they are breaking with tradition.
Let's all laugh at on 17:28 - Sep 7 with 1511 viewseastside_r

Let's all laugh at on 10:26 - Sep 7 by loftus77

I don't really follow 'Scum Affairs' at all - but that is a real surprise, no?

Thinking about this, I am not sure that it is.

Remember, Tuchel was appointed by the previous kleptocratic Russian regime and the new owners are American (?)

So I suspect at the first sign of anything going wrong, they were willing to pull the trigger, if only to distance themselves as much as possible from the Abramovich regime and all its Putin connections.
Let's all laugh at on 20:14 - Sep 7 with 1257 viewsFredManRave

Let's all laugh at on 14:36 - Sep 7 by loftboy

Because of the tattoo?!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Let's all laugh at on 21:09 - Sep 7 with 1126 viewsManinBlack

I'm laughing at Liverpool right now. Napoli should have had six by now. Laughing at Chelsea will resume later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024