Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out 17:36 - Dec 29 with 7170 viewsD_Alien

Out-played, out-thought, out-fought, out-tackled, out-run, out-moroned (their fans)

Outraged? Nah... i enjoyed watching football being played at such a high level in L1

Sometimes, you just have to take it on the chin, accept the opponent was so much better than you on the day, and move on

I was pleased to see us keep our heads up, and enjoy some possession in the last 20 minutes. The only players who i'd be in any way critical of are Camps and Williams11 - not because they had poor games, but simply because both demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt to me that they're just too pedestrian to progress. Coming up against a Bradford side obviously fired up, they shrank whilst the others kept plugging away and both were removed from the firing line. Adshead was mercifully removed after 35 minutes, not because he wasn't playing well - he was - but this was no game for him to become embroiled in, and it was a bit tasty at times

Did anyone think i might've meant Hill Out? Nah... he put out a side on the back of consecutive wins with just one change, and can't be faulted for anything that happened during the game

I've already moved on, and hope the players can put this behind them, with maybe just the thought that when they next cross the white line onto the pitch, THAT is how the game is meant to be played - hard, fast, skilful, determined... just like we were in the 0-3 win at Valley Parade in our first promotion season. That's the standard we need to aim for - well done Bradford, you were a joy to watch

[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 17:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Out on 19:54 - Dec 29 with 1855 viewsrochdaleriddler

We didn’t compete, outfought all over the pitch. Why you are happy about that is a mystery, ah yes you are ‘cleverly making a point’ we were garbage, Bradford are not a good team

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Out on 19:56 - Dec 29 with 1848 viewsjudd

Bradfords cynical fouling at every opportunity was not a joy to watch. Their 4th goal was though, after we gifted them possession yet a fookin gain...

Poll: What is it to be then?

Out on 20:14 - Dec 29 with 1758 viewsdownunder

Out on 18:15 - Dec 29 by James1980

Hopefully the new board have a bit of ambition. Throw caution to the wind, break the transfer records, get in a groovy new foreign gaffer. 5 year plan, increase COA capacity, Premier League football challenging for top four.

You missed out "hold a rock concert".
Out on 20:49 - Dec 29 with 1668 viewsDaleiLama

Out on 19:56 - Dec 29 by judd

Bradfords cynical fouling at every opportunity was not a joy to watch. Their 4th goal was though, after we gifted them possession yet a fookin gain...

Hera, hear. Even though we were given a lesson in how to win (and a pressing, fast-paced passing game we used to have) I enjoyed watching them until the first goal went in. Then the snide, dirty tactics started to creep in and for me, spoiled anything good they did. Barnsley came to the COA and out-footballed us with a mesmerising display. Bradford played a lot better than us - no doubt - but they also kicked us or fell over at every single opportunity. I know which of the two has my respect and which I dislike after that.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Out on 20:53 - Dec 29 with 1654 viewsjudd

Out on 20:49 - Dec 29 by DaleiLama

Hera, hear. Even though we were given a lesson in how to win (and a pressing, fast-paced passing game we used to have) I enjoyed watching them until the first goal went in. Then the snide, dirty tactics started to creep in and for me, spoiled anything good they did. Barnsley came to the COA and out-footballed us with a mesmerising display. Bradford played a lot better than us - no doubt - but they also kicked us or fell over at every single opportunity. I know which of the two has my respect and which I dislike after that.

At last, some reality.

First goal came from our corner.

Second goal, rank bad goal keeping.

Third goal an avoidable penalty.

Fourth goal a wonderful finish from a ball gifted to them.

It is our performance in question here, not theirs.

Out on 21:04 - Dec 29 with 1613 viewskiwidale

Out on 18:46 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

It could, but as with most home games, new threads are started apart from the match thread - i dare say you've done it yourself some time or other

Thanks for helping put the thread in the spotlight anyway, you're a great help at times!

Bradford will finish higher up in the league than us, i'm pretty sure of it based on that performance, though they've possibly got too much ground to make up to challenge for the playoffs. On that form though, they're a very, very good side and there should be no shame attached to our players

Sure, it's galling to have 2000+ baying Yorkshiremen taking the piss out of us, but you just have to walk away and start again. It could actually do us a favour once the dust has settled, by highlighting more precisely than ever where are weaknesses are, providing we have the wherewithal to do something about it

What a load of absolute shit... you have outdone yourself D_A I didn't think it was possible but you have.

This is not the time for bickering.

Out on 21:19 - Dec 29 with 1576 viewsD_Alien

Out on 21:04 - Dec 29 by kiwidale

What a load of absolute shit... you have outdone yourself D_A I didn't think it was possible but you have.

You've just no imagination, have you

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Out on 22:10 - Dec 29 with 1446 viewsdingdangblue

Out on 20:53 - Dec 29 by judd

At last, some reality.

First goal came from our corner.

Second goal, rank bad goal keeping.

Third goal an avoidable penalty.

Fourth goal a wonderful finish from a ball gifted to them.

It is our performance in question here, not theirs.

I wouldn't even say the 4th is a wonderful finish - it goes (within reach) over Moore's head and into the middle of the goal. It looked good on 1st impression but I'd be looking at my keeper to do better. Has Keith still got Norman's number - he's next turn.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Out on 22:27 - Dec 29 with 1405 viewsjudd

Out on 22:10 - Dec 29 by dingdangblue

I wouldn't even say the 4th is a wonderful finish - it goes (within reach) over Moore's head and into the middle of the goal. It looked good on 1st impression but I'd be looking at my keeper to do better. Has Keith still got Norman's number - he's next turn.

Having watched it again I'm tending to agree with you. You would reasonably expect a keeper to get a hand to that shot

Out on 22:32 - Dec 29 with 1382 viewsmacro

Lillis was dropped after a poor performance so the goalkeeper for Doncaster will be...
Out on 22:34 - Dec 29 with 1368 viewsDaleiLama

Out on 22:32 - Dec 29 by macro

Lillis was dropped after a poor performance so the goalkeeper for Doncaster will be...

Conrad?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Out on 22:35 - Dec 29 with 1353 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Out on 19:08 - Dec 29 by 100notout

The score line flattered them?????? I would say it flattered us

Totally agree.........it flattened us.

Bradford were toying with us at the end....they could have gone for a Baker's dozen it was that bad.

Nowt like a really good dicking to bring us back to earth.
Out on 22:42 - Dec 29 with 1332 views49thseason

You obviously avoided seeing Inman doing his best not to get involved in anything that looked like a tackle, header or indeed bodily contact with anything in a red and yellow shirt.
Out on 22:48 - Dec 29 with 1309 viewsmacro

Rathbone aside I don’t thing any player today covered themselves in glory - the defence were vulnerable at all times, Camps and Adhsead off the pace, Hendo’s touches didn’t pay off today and Williams and Inman were anonymous. Today saw a Bradford playing at 100% and Dale at 40% -
Out on 22:53 - Dec 29 with 1286 viewsJimmyRustler

Bradford were good but we were woeful. I couldn't give a shit about them - the bottom line is that if we accept performances like that as the norm at home then we are so far removed from the mantra that KH helped to instil that it's not even funny. Garbage to a man and unacceptable. End thread
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 23:01]
Out on 22:56 - Dec 29 with 1272 viewsjudd

It's not that long ago that we drew at home with Tottenham.

Out on 23:02 - Dec 29 with 1245 viewsJimmyRustler

Out on 22:56 - Dec 29 by judd

It's not that long ago that we drew at home with Tottenham.

Can you please ask Camps what his twin brother has been up to since that game please?
Out on 23:04 - Dec 29 with 1236 viewsjudd

Out on 23:02 - Dec 29 by JimmyRustler

Can you please ask Camps what his twin brother has been up to since that game please?

I'm not telepathic

Out on 23:06 - Dec 29 with 1226 viewsJimmyRustler

Out on 23:04 - Dec 29 by judd

I'm not telepathic

Do you need to be telepathic to ask a question?
Out on 23:11 - Dec 29 with 1202 viewsBainesy15

Out on 18:15 - Dec 29 by James1980

Hopefully the new board have a bit of ambition. Throw caution to the wind, break the transfer records, get in a groovy new foreign gaffer. 5 year plan, increase COA capacity, Premier League football challenging for top four.

Presumably sarcastic but well done, exactly summing up what some bellends seem to expect from this club
Out (n/t) on 23:12 - Dec 29 with 1197 viewsjudd

Out on 23:06 - Dec 29 by JimmyRustler

Do you need to be telepathic to ask a question?

Out (n/t) on 23:21 - Dec 29 with 1167 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Out (n/t) on 23:12 - Dec 29 by judd

Yes judd and thank you for the compliment

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Out (n/t) (n/t) on 23:23 - Dec 29 with 1155 viewsjudd

Out (n/t) on 23:21 - Dec 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

Yes judd and thank you for the compliment

Out (n/t) (n/t) (n/t) on 23:39 - Dec 29 with 1107 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Out (n/t) (n/t) on 23:23 - Dec 29 by judd

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Out (n/t) (n/t) (n/t) on 23:44 - Dec 29 with 1090 viewsjudd

Out (n/t) (n/t) (n/t) on 23:39 - Dec 29 by Thacks_Rabbits

Arf!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024