Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford Away 13:08 - Nov 27 with 36068 viewsboromat

It seems the forum has gone a bit quiet on this one with the excitement of the FA Cup approaching. How we all feeling about it?

Think their home form is pretty good at the minute and it's a bit of a commute on what promises to be a cold, wet Tuesday night. Surely it's got all the makings of a scrappy 1 nil away win? :-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Oxford Away on 15:48 - Nov 28 with 2497 views442Dale

Oxford Away on 15:33 - Nov 28 by kiwidale

To be fair Hill has only ever needed a group of one to justify his selections.

Who?

It’s nothing about people on here justifying their stance/opinions. There’s been a lot of sensible analysis amongst the general frustration.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oxford Away on 16:03 - Nov 28 with 2451 viewskiwidale

Oxford Away on 15:48 - Nov 28 by 442Dale

Who?

It’s nothing about people on here justifying their stance/opinions. There’s been a lot of sensible analysis amongst the general frustration.

Hill only needs to justify his decisions to himself is that clearer.

This is not the time for bickering.

Oxford Away on 16:03 - Nov 28 with 2452 viewsMoonyDale

Oxford Away on 10:36 - Nov 28 by James1980

But hopefully we will start to see a more consistent team selection.
Also many people find it difficult to admit they are wrong.
In Hill's defence once they cross the white line they are responsible for carrying out their role and instructions given

Your first line is telling, and we have been saying exactly this for the past 2 years, its not going to happen. Hills ego is such that its his way or his way with maybe a touch of his way. This is not a new thing, baffling team selections, formations pulled from god knows where with players stuck anywhere but their best positions. A complete refusal to admit any cock ups, slagging off the fans, berrating players in public. And this is just what we can see and hear ourselves . Lord only knows what goes on in the dressing room, Cannon being a prime example, perhaps he got caught on his mobile phone in the dressing room. Worrying more about what the opponents might do instead of having them worry about us as it used to be.......Listening to talk sport this morning and they were talking about Utd and Fulham.....Re changing players for no reason, leaving your best sitting in the stands and generally spouting bollox after games.....They could have been talking about Hill, one has got rid of their manager already and Utd wont be far behind....Something has to change, and quickly.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 16:05]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Oxford Away on 16:10 - Nov 28 with 2423 viewsD_Alien

Oxford Away on 14:23 - Nov 28 by DaleiLama

L1 football and developing talent is indeed a worthy cause in itself. Spurs spent a long time as PL "also rans" developing talent and selling on until they got to a tipping point where they became a contender. That, in my opinion, should be our goal too, whilst developing talent in parallel (not a contender at a higher level - just getting in or around the L1 play-offs and always looking to better ourselves and hope to catch some lightning in a bottle one year). Had we played a Checkatrade-type team last night, I would have been interested to see how the young guns fared. Having Alby in the side though? Not only does he add very little at best, but he's a progress stopper for another player. I'd rather see Yonsi up there (who looks nowhere near ready btw) than a big fella who doesn't put himself about and looks like he's seeing his career out trying to avoid injury. That's what sticks in my craw. There was scant little ambition at all in that side.

I'm an optimist by nature too, and will "get my mind right" (a la Cool Hand Luke) by the weekend. I'm just very disappointed by the fielding of a side which had a snowballs chance in hell of succeeding. If Hilly has learned something and has got clarity, 0 points from an away game is a small price to pay too. I too will be looking for the positives come Sunday.

I'm sure you're right to do that - just lay off the egg-stuffing record after your mince pie binge!

[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 16:11]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oxford Away on 16:15 - Nov 28 with 2406 viewsD_Alien

Oxford Away on 16:10 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

I'm sure you're right to do that - just lay off the egg-stuffing record after your mince pie binge!

Oxford Away on 16:19 - Nov 28 with 2388 viewsDaleiLama

Oxford Away on 16:10 - Nov 28 by D_Alien

I didn't eat them all at once!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Oxford Away on 16:20 - Nov 28 with 2382 viewsD_Alien

Oxford Away on 16:19 - Nov 28 by DaleiLama

I didn't eat them all at once!

Cheat! Cheat! Cheat!

Oxford Away on 00:11 - Nov 29 with 2014 viewsSandyman

Remember when he was passionate and didn't talk nonsense? The difference between this and the interview after the Oxford game are worlds apart. Just saying...

Login to get fewer ads

Oxford Away on 07:56 - Nov 29 with 1900 viewsEllDale

For the first time on over 50 years I am seriously considering picking and choosing my games.
I won't be buying a season ticket again that's for sure.
My wife, who knows little about football, observed that with the way Hill is picking teams these days it's like buying tickets for a gig and turning up at the Arena to find a tribute band playing instead at the manager's behest because he wanted a band to suit the acoustics!
We all have different ideas about team selection but some of the things that have been going on in recent weeks defy logic.
Hill still has credits accrued as far as I'm concerned after the last decade or so but I really do wonder what his own aims and aspirations are.
If he wants us to become a League One club who clings onto that status year on year whilst churning out talented youngsters to suit the business model that's fine by me.
At least we'd know where we stand.
But I don't want my intelligence insulting in post match interviews. I'm an agency working on what is effectively a zero hours contract and it takes a sizeable chunk out of my budget to get to games.
Oxford Away on 22:19 - Nov 29 with 1644 viewsTappers

I don't post much on here so hopefully following elldale post. This original post was about the Oxford game and predictable score but has expended into how the fans really feel about where club is going. Ive not followed Dale too long but i know fans support win lose or draw and always grateful for still being in league one. But elk dale post brings it down to not being able to attend every game and having to choose which game. Wrong team selection,points given away and no one taking responsibility adds to more loyal fans picking and choosing games. Most clubs forget it's the paying public that pay wages..
I will now step down from my soap box :)
Oxford Away on 22:36 - Nov 29 with 1602 viewsrochdale_ranger

Oxford Away on 22:19 - Nov 29 by Tappers

I don't post much on here so hopefully following elldale post. This original post was about the Oxford game and predictable score but has expended into how the fans really feel about where club is going. Ive not followed Dale too long but i know fans support win lose or draw and always grateful for still being in league one. But elk dale post brings it down to not being able to attend every game and having to choose which game. Wrong team selection,points given away and no one taking responsibility adds to more loyal fans picking and choosing games. Most clubs forget it's the paying public that pay wages..
I will now step down from my soap box :)

IVe got a season ticket and haven’t been to that many games due to work. But this season if it’s been a toss up between doing a weekend and getting extra dosh in or going the game and watching a pile of shite and getting insulted of that nobhead in the post match interview I’d rather go and do a shift.
Oxford Away on 22:59 - Nov 29 with 1549 viewsTappers

Im guessing you speak for so many which is very sad .
Oxford Away on 23:16 - Nov 29 with 1523 viewsmacro

In reflection Oxford was a disaster and the team selection was a complete cock up, it didn't work. Hill and the coaching staff have to accept responsibility. The individual errors line comes up too often.

Top managers keep a settled side, if you look at the teams near the top or top of their respective divisions you'll see minimal changes for each league game. Consistency works.

So in December Mr Hill, keep the same keeper, try and keep a consistent formation and line up. Personally I'd like to see players with energy such as Cannon (who I'm told is fit), rathbone and Calvin who usually makes a difference in ahead of the likes of Randall or wilbraham who aren't up to standard.

Go on Mr Hill try it.
Oxford Away on 14:14 - Nov 30 with 1319 viewsseasidedale

Just listened to Hilly's interview on iplayer, at last an explaination of injuries, Clough has been bouncing from one injury to another and cant get fit. Cannon is injured and we have some suspensions coming up. And he accepted responsibilty for the oxford performance, have things turned a corner?
Oxford Away on 15:23 - Nov 30 with 1256 viewsfitzochris

Oxford Away on 14:14 - Nov 30 by seasidedale

Just listened to Hilly's interview on iplayer, at last an explaination of injuries, Clough has been bouncing from one injury to another and cant get fit. Cannon is injured and we have some suspensions coming up. And he accepted responsibilty for the oxford performance, have things turned a corner?

I guess we will find out on Sunday.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Oxford Away on 15:33 - Nov 30 with 1239 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oxford Away on 14:14 - Nov 30 by seasidedale

Is the interview available to the no-nowt plebs?

Does he have a plate of humble pie beside him?
Oxford Away on 15:39 - Nov 30 with 1232 viewsJames1980

Oxford Away on 15:33 - Nov 30 by Yorkshire_Dale

Is the interview available to the no-nowt plebs?

Does he have a plate of humble pie beside him?

It is free to view

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Oxford Away on 17:26 - Nov 30 with 1160 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Oxford Away on 15:39 - Nov 30 by James1980

It is free to view

Cheers...Jimbo!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024