Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
cereal cafe gets grief 14:02 - Sep 27 with 8400 viewskensalriser

You haven't defected to class war have you disco?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/27/shoreditch-cereal-cafe-targeted-b

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

cereal cafe gets grief on 18:51 - Sep 28 with 2424 views2Thomas2Bowles

cereal cafe gets grief on 18:06 - Sep 28 by Watford_Ranger

Why would he need to know anything about the area beyond what's of commercial interest to him? Does every business in Shepherds Bush need to have an understanding of the people, history, demography etc.?

Depends on how pretentious you want to be

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

cereal cafe gets grief on 19:05 - Sep 28 with 2404 viewsjohncharles

Why would he need to know anything about the area beyond what's of commercial interest to him? Does every business in Shepherds Bush need to have an understanding of the people, history, demography etc.?

Bet you and yours wouldn't like to be described as a commercial interest

Strong and stable my arse.

cereal cafe gets grief on 20:04 - Sep 28 with 2364 viewsHayesender

cereal cafe gets grief on 17:53 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

Obviously doesn't deserve to have his business vandalised but here he was in a C4 interview a while ago.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=2&ved=0CCUQtwI

Well he's quite obviously a cnt, but not as much of a cnt as the cnts protesting about a fecking cafe selling coco pops with strawberry milk

Poll: Shamima Beghum

cereal cafe gets grief on 20:12 - Sep 28 with 2350 viewsJeff

cereal cafe gets grief on 20:04 - Sep 28 by Hayesender

Well he's quite obviously a cnt, but not as much of a cnt as the cnts protesting about a fecking cafe selling coco pops with strawberry milk

That might be, no word of a lie, one of the most eloquent things i've ever read...

Can we not knock it?

cereal cafe gets grief on 20:21 - Sep 28 with 2336 viewsWatford_Ranger

cereal cafe gets grief on 19:05 - Sep 28 by johncharles

Bet you and yours wouldn't like to be described as a commercial interest

I wouldn't describe myself as a hipster. Just a fairly typical young bloke.

Just don't see the need for a business to understand the area outside of its target market which clearly isn't the poor in this case. Like it or not, supply and demand dictates and there's demand for this sort of business and a limited supply of space in the area, so overheads are high. I'm sure they'd love to sell their wares at 50p a go and feed the masses but I guess they'd go bust quite quickly. We all profit-maximise in our own way whether that's selling stuff for what we can get for it or doing a job with the highest wage you can get. There are far worse things in the world than a couple of young entrpreneurs who happen to have a quirky dress sense and a few tattoos.
cereal cafe gets grief on 20:40 - Sep 28 with 2314 viewsBlackCrowe

cereal cafe gets grief on 18:00 - Sep 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Can we stop this interview, I don't like the questions

Just did not have a scooby about the area, arrogate T-wat

If he's got a full cafe, then he understands the area.

Bit of a tw@t, and I'd never set foot in there, but if he's earning a living and has happy customers then well done.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

cereal cafe gets grief on 22:05 - Sep 28 with 2251 viewsizlingtonhoop

cereal cafe gets grief on 12:18 - Sep 28 by DannyPaddox

Decisions decisions. Shall it be Snap Crackle &Putsch or Reich Krispies? Ooh ooh Golden Dawn Grahams!
[Post edited 28 Sep 2015 12:21]

Third Reich Krispies.
SShreddies.
PanzerKakes
Hash EvaBrauns

Very funny pic, by the way...
[Post edited 28 Sep 2015 22:10]
cereal cafe gets grief on 23:35 - Sep 28 with 2206 viewsDannyPaddox

cereal cafe gets grief on 20:04 - Sep 28 by Hayesender

"Some bloke came up to me the other day"

"What? Tony Newley?"

etc etc etc ...

"I said you what!?"
[Post edited 28 Sep 2015 23:39]
Login to get fewer ads

cereal cafe gets grief on 02:14 - Sep 29 with 2164 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I know of one business in Shepherd's Bush that hasn't got a farking clue about what people want, much less anything about the business they're in!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

cereal cafe gets grief on 10:20 - Sep 29 with 2073 viewsDejR_vu

cereal cafe gets grief on 18:00 - Sep 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Can we stop this interview, I don't like the questions

Just did not have a scooby about the area, arrogate T-wat

He's trying to run a business. If there are enough idiots with more money than sense who are prepared to pay £3 for a bowl of cereal why shouldn't he take it? Can't see how he's anything but the victim here. All he's done is open a business, how can anyone try and justify vandalising his shop and scaring his customers?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

cereal cafe gets grief on 10:24 - Sep 29 with 2069 viewspaesanu

£40 to watch Jose Bosingwa versus £3 for some Rice Krispies,

Trying to protest against small business, so pathetic!

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

cereal cafe gets grief on 10:30 - Sep 29 with 2065 viewsjohncharles

Could I recommend the Weird Beard brewery in Hanwell. All the brewers have strange beards and you can get a point of excellent craft beer for the price of a bowl of Rice Krispies.

cereal cafe gets grief on 10:33 - Sep 29 with 2061 viewsMetallica_Hoop

cereal cafe gets grief on 10:30 - Sep 29 by johncharles

Could I recommend the Weird Beard brewery in Hanwell. All the brewers have strange beards and you can get a point of excellent craft beer for the price of a bowl of Rice Krispies.

I had some of their Ale somewhere (one forgets) very tasty indeed.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

cereal cafe gets grief on 13:07 - Sep 29 with 2005 viewswillis1980

where i live a morleys fried chicken has just replaced the local thai take away, its location is right outside a school with no other real custom other than the school kids to speak of I see this as quite a calculated move. Id be more than happy for the locals to protest about this chain peddling its filth to kids. although i wasnt there when they protested on brick lane i can only imagine that a lot of the bods that attended are actually part of the gentrification. more than likely they come from a leafy borough or the home counties and wanted to move somewhere where they could grow a beard, wear cords and ride a penny farthing without getting grief. these twins are exactly like that too. did they march down to dalston cola to smash bottles there? why go after the little man when its clearly the corporations who do the real damage. why is whats happening in brick lane so different to what has happened to ladbroke grove, brixton, battersea and even the kings road? once an area has a cache those with deep pockets will want to buy into that. old street, shoreditch, brick lane has been full bankers wanting to live somewhere edgey for donkeys. peckham, lewisham and croydon will all soon have their own box parks and are already inundated with italian graphic designers. you can add margate and bristol to that list too
cereal cafe gets grief on 13:45 - Sep 29 with 1971 viewsLythamR

That interview is is a nonsense,

Define Irony, an interviewer badgering a shop owner about the high price of his product/service when the shop is bursting to the seams with punters trying to buy the product!!!

If the product is too expensive for the area the guys will go quickly bust wont they?
cereal cafe gets grief on 13:50 - Sep 29 with 1855 viewsjohncharles

cereal cafe gets grief on 13:45 - Sep 29 by LythamR

That interview is is a nonsense,

Define Irony, an interviewer badgering a shop owner about the high price of his product/service when the shop is bursting to the seams with punters trying to buy the product!!!

If the product is too expensive for the area the guys will go quickly bust wont they?

I'm sure they will. Soon go bust that is.

cereal cafe gets grief on 14:10 - Sep 29 with 1838 viewsPhildo

In the 90s a qpr supporting cameraman mate got me a few days work driving a van with a crew in it to make a documentary about the anarchist protests over the then anti rave criminal justice bill which was going to end democracy as we knew it etc. The sound man claimed to support the movement. We spent a few days filming in squats around Camden which were at least 50% privately educated occupied (they were checking this for the documentary).

On the day of the big Hyde park demo I had to drive the bus round different points in the park. When it turned a bit nasty the sound engineer took a pasting whilst running for the bus i was driving. All I heard him shout was 'but i am an anarchist' as the blows came in. The rest of the film crew were pissing themselves as the bloke was a bit of a knob.

Cant help thinking half the people in masks outside the shop are the scions of the red trousered fraternity. The two blokes are from Belfast aren't they? Bloody economic migrants....
cereal cafe gets grief on 14:21 - Sep 29 with 1818 viewsisawqpratwcity

General Strike, Aldermaston Marches, Poll Tax Riots...

...what kind of a pillock do you have to be to be convinced that having a go at a couple of breakfast cereal purveyors is the most pressing need for civil dissent today?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024