Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Prices 14:22 - May 29 with 23042 viewstherealmorris

Details for 2014/15 season tickets are up

http://www.myqpr.co.uk/prices

[Post edited 29 May 2014 14:24]
Season Ticket Prices on 16:30 - May 29 with 2756 viewsjohnhoop

I would estimate that the money they will raise from these price increases would be in the region of one and a half million pounds or about a third of Julio Cesar's annual pay.
Against the deficit of 177 million it's so insignificant that they would have been better off rewarding the loyal season ticket holders for the sh-t they've had to endure over the last few years, instead of pricing some of them out of coming to games.
Season Ticket Prices on 16:32 - May 29 with 2739 viewsNW5Hoop

Season Ticket Prices on 15:32 - May 29 by thehat

Thought we got a good deal last year - Personally this is what I expected to pay to watch top flight football.

That's because we've been conditioned to pay over the odds.
Season Ticket Prices on 16:34 - May 29 with 2732 viewsA40Bosh

Season Ticket Prices on 16:22 - May 29 by paulparker

no one has asked the club to pump millions into us buying players, I think we all agree on this MB for once that shrewd signings are in order for minimum amounts
good luck if you can afford it John, for a lot of long suffering fans who can't they will put themselves in debt or whatever to get their fix , the club know this
also why should the average fan be stiffed cos the board went splashing the cash like loons on bad managers ,players and agents,

PaulParker,

Your last comment.....cos the board went splashing the cash like loons on bad managers ,players and agents.......... I don't think the current ticket prices are a simple reflection of that alone, as that is but a 2-3 year period of bad ownership decisions within a much longer period of instability. The guys did not take over a club in good shape in the same way neither did Tango and Cash.

You want to eat in posh restaurants............you pay top dollar
You want to rent a penthouse flat..........you pay top dollar
You want to watch Premier League football..............

It's not QPR at fault , it's Football turned into a product that is the problem. They day a true QPR fan was unable to finance the club any longer and it was bought be investors was the day we started to get shafted. Us and probably most other clubs in the top 2 tiers in the UK.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Season Ticket Prices on 16:37 - May 29 with 2710 viewswestberksr

Season Ticket Prices on 16:17 - May 29 by EalingHoop81

Quite surprised by the responses on this thread.

A) When Tony took over he reduced the prices. There were complaints then because it was only in the form of a gift voucher at the club shop (£50 I think)

B) he honoured that reduction by takin the £50 off the season tickets the following year.

C) We get relegated and they reduce the price of the tickets.

D) we get promoted and oh they increase the price of the tickets.

What on earth is the surprise!? That debt that Tony and co are owed isn't going to be reduced by letting everyone in for free.

We will sell out our season ticket allocation and be full every week. He could charge another £100 a ticket and still they will come. He hasn't, what he has done is put his money where is mouth is and try to do absolutely everything we could possibly ask any Chairman of this club to has done..... as still we're not happy.

Jus out of interest, no one seemed to complain about the price of getting to the two play off games. Combined spend of £80 to £90? When we play Chelsea at Loftus Road there will be thousands of people asking for tickets and complaining that they can't get them etc.

Oh and you can sell the games easily on Viagogo which probably reduces the cost if you sell the right games.

Wonder what we can complain about tomorrow, perhaps that we haven't signed Messi or Ronaldo.

this pretty much; who on earth realistically thought they would leave the prices the same as last year.

they just sold 40,000 tickets for Wembley; 14,000 for most prem games in the home end shouldn't prove too much trouble!
Season Ticket Prices on 16:38 - May 29 with 2687 viewsM40R

I think TF caused a problem by setting expectations when he said fans would be pleased. If more circumspect, reaction may be better.

Whatever the rights and wrongs, only QPR could turn the mood around after Wembley with two quick events: new kit and season tickets.

Still, at least loyalty points are retained (for second year), so some things are getting better?
Season Ticket Prices on 16:39 - May 29 with 2684 viewsNW5Hoop

The fact is, even after the £50 voucher (to be spent by Christmas) and then the reduction in the relegation season, QPR tickets were still stupidly expensive. The comparison with other London PL clubs is stupid, because we weren't offering football or facilities like Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea. Comparison with Palace far more apt, and they've managed to keep prices low. I'm seething at being told we'd be happy with pricing, when it's a return to the old, massively overpriced level. Are we meant to feel grateful the club isn't breaking into our homes and stealing all our possessions too? This has been very badly handled.
Season Ticket Prices on 16:46 - May 29 with 2633 viewsQPR_John

Season Ticket Prices on 16:22 - May 29 by paulparker

no one has asked the club to pump millions into us buying players, I think we all agree on this MB for once that shrewd signings are in order for minimum amounts
good luck if you can afford it John, for a lot of long suffering fans who can't they will put themselves in debt or whatever to get their fix , the club know this
also why should the average fan be stiffed cos the board went splashing the cash like loons on bad managers ,players and agents,

I know nobody asked the board to pump millions into the club and that is what I said people have complained about the board doing exactly that but the very same people are asking the club not to increase season tickets prices. Add to that people are complaining about the Nike deal not to mention those who want to stay at 18000 max Loftus Road so how does the club generate income . Remember the restrictions now imposed by FFP. Also why the suggestion that I do not care about those that cannot afford the prices simply because I can see the financial realities
Season Ticket Prices on 16:49 - May 29 with 2604 viewspaulparker

Season Ticket Prices on 16:34 - May 29 by A40Bosh

PaulParker,

Your last comment.....cos the board went splashing the cash like loons on bad managers ,players and agents.......... I don't think the current ticket prices are a simple reflection of that alone, as that is but a 2-3 year period of bad ownership decisions within a much longer period of instability. The guys did not take over a club in good shape in the same way neither did Tango and Cash.

You want to eat in posh restaurants............you pay top dollar
You want to rent a penthouse flat..........you pay top dollar
You want to watch Premier League football..............

It's not QPR at fault , it's Football turned into a product that is the problem. They day a true QPR fan was unable to finance the club any longer and it was bought be investors was the day we started to get shafted. Us and probably most other clubs in the top 2 tiers in the UK.

A40

My comment re the board splashing the cash like loons previously was my response to John who said that in order for us to be debt free we should expect price hikes
tango & cash weren't brilliant and yes you could argue that TF didn't take over the club in good shape, but its fair to say TF made a dogs dinner of it , they didn't authorise signings like Park, Mbia, Swp , Ceaser Barton , etc etc that was down to the current lot was it not ?? all of that on 18 k gates,
btw why should the average fan have to pay through the nose for Prem Football
like I said to John fair play if you can afford it ( by the sounds of it you can as well )
I just think it leaves a rather sour taste in the mouth that fans who follow the club
are being stiffed again
the one thing I do agree with you is Football has crawled up its own ars e
the days of the working class man getting in with his kids are fading fast (sad)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Prices on 16:52 - May 29 with 2585 viewsQPR_John

Season Ticket Prices on 16:39 - May 29 by NW5Hoop

The fact is, even after the £50 voucher (to be spent by Christmas) and then the reduction in the relegation season, QPR tickets were still stupidly expensive. The comparison with other London PL clubs is stupid, because we weren't offering football or facilities like Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea. Comparison with Palace far more apt, and they've managed to keep prices low. I'm seething at being told we'd be happy with pricing, when it's a return to the old, massively overpriced level. Are we meant to feel grateful the club isn't breaking into our homes and stealing all our possessions too? This has been very badly handled.

"Comparison with Palace far more apt, and they've managed to keep prices low"

Palace average attendance 24115 compared to ours 16665. Even if we are full every game next year that is only 18000 still 6000 paying customers short not to mention the add ons, food, drink, programs etc.
Season Ticket Prices on 16:54 - May 29 with 2570 viewssmegma

My st has gone up from £389 to £499 or £16.91 to £26.26 per game. On paper I'd normally be peed off but it's still cheaper than two years ago .
Season Ticket Prices on 16:57 - May 29 with 2548 viewsRangersw12

Season Ticket Prices on 16:46 - May 29 by QPR_John

I know nobody asked the board to pump millions into the club and that is what I said people have complained about the board doing exactly that but the very same people are asking the club not to increase season tickets prices. Add to that people are complaining about the Nike deal not to mention those who want to stay at 18000 max Loftus Road so how does the club generate income . Remember the restrictions now imposed by FFP. Also why the suggestion that I do not care about those that cannot afford the prices simply because I can see the financial realities

The club generates income from the TV money its just a shame our great chairman decided to pay very poor players 60k a week !!!

The small amounts they are going to make by upsetting a lot of fans isn't worth it my opinion

Shame really as after the feel good factor of last week the club have shot themselves in the foot twice this week

But hey who cares as long we're in the Premier league some people will be happy and they will welcome the Koreans with open arms

I look forward to the proper fans returning when we're in the championship again and its reasonably priced
[Post edited 29 May 2014 17:03]
Season Ticket Prices on 16:58 - May 29 with 2540 viewssimmo

Anybody attempting to justify the club advocating a 33% increase in prices, and doing so in a way that makes out like they are rewarding us season ticket holders by 'freezing' prices when they're actually not doing that at all, will be unsuccessful.

Some on here, myself included, bought a season ticket at the begining of this season. We did so after relegation, after watching us finish bottom of the league, after watching QPR win just 4 (FOUR) games all fckin season. A gesture like rewarding those fans by allowing them to re-purchase their seats for between 450 and 650 for a season would have been greatly received and appreciated by everyone. It would also be a nominal loss in comparison to the investement received from additional revenue and the amount spent on wages for various waste men in this team.

I would not expect us to be in the premier league and consistently pay the same for Championship tickets, the same way I wouldnt expect prices to stay the same if we were relegated again. But I resent the fact they have priced me out after I lent my support to the club when they really needed it this season and even more so that they tried to spin the announcement with talk of a 'freeze' like I am too much of a fckin idiot to realise what they actually did.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Season Ticket Prices on 17:03 - May 29 with 2512 viewsPinnerPaul

Its £37 per match for Adult Gold, which is not ott for the Premier League IMHO.
Season Ticket Prices on 17:05 - May 29 with 2500 viewsPinnerPaul

Season Ticket Prices on 16:08 - May 29 by Rangersw12

This

Its £37 for renewals
Season Ticket Prices on 17:08 - May 29 with 2466 viewsHunterhoop

In the grand scheme of our revenue, season tickets and matchday takings represent a small part. It's something like £15m, yet our revenue (with TV and sponsorship) will be closer to £70m, at least.

If these tickets were £100 less per band, and we assume they have 10k STs now, they're only missing out on £1m of revenue. So £14m rather than £15m. In the grand scheme of things, given we'll have a wage bill of c. £40m at best, that £1m is really nothing.

This is a stupid and big PR gaff. They've released them so close to the play off final to see if they can get away with it and sneak it by during the euphoria.

But they've missed a massive chance to deliver pricing everyone would be happy with which would keep building on the momentum to club got from the last few weeks.

I'm silver.23 games at £449 to 19 games at £599 is a £12 per game price hike...or 62% if you will. That's scandalous and in no way a "reward" for STs. 62% more per match because we're one league higher. C'mon, do me a favour. I expected £499. These are £100 a band too much.

Equally, how much can you really increase these tickets to after the renewal deadline. Silver can't be £650, surely? And if it, you're only saving me £2.60 per game by giving you my cash (effectively as an interest free loan) now rather than on Aug 1st.

This is pretty appalling and short sighted from the club.
[Post edited 29 May 2014 17:17]
Season Ticket Prices on 17:10 - May 29 with 2455 viewsbosh67

Season Ticket Prices on 16:17 - May 29 by EalingHoop81

Quite surprised by the responses on this thread.

A) When Tony took over he reduced the prices. There were complaints then because it was only in the form of a gift voucher at the club shop (£50 I think)

B) he honoured that reduction by takin the £50 off the season tickets the following year.

C) We get relegated and they reduce the price of the tickets.

D) we get promoted and oh they increase the price of the tickets.

What on earth is the surprise!? That debt that Tony and co are owed isn't going to be reduced by letting everyone in for free.

We will sell out our season ticket allocation and be full every week. He could charge another £100 a ticket and still they will come. He hasn't, what he has done is put his money where is mouth is and try to do absolutely everything we could possibly ask any Chairman of this club to has done..... as still we're not happy.

Jus out of interest, no one seemed to complain about the price of getting to the two play off games. Combined spend of £80 to £90? When we play Chelsea at Loftus Road there will be thousands of people asking for tickets and complaining that they can't get them etc.

Oh and you can sell the games easily on Viagogo which probably reduces the cost if you sell the right games.

Wonder what we can complain about tomorrow, perhaps that we haven't signed Messi or Ronaldo.

We haven't signed Ronaldo and Messi? That's it, I'm off.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Season Ticket Prices on 17:13 - May 29 with 2439 viewsstowmarketrange

Season Ticket Prices on 16:39 - May 29 by NW5Hoop

Are the facilities much better at Spurs and West ham than ours?
I couldn't even get to the toilets at HT there 2 seasons ago.
Season Ticket Prices on 17:19 - May 29 with 2414 viewsJeff

Season Ticket Prices on 17:08 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

In the grand scheme of our revenue, season tickets and matchday takings represent a small part. It's something like £15m, yet our revenue (with TV and sponsorship) will be closer to £70m, at least.

If these tickets were £100 less per band, and we assume they have 10k STs now, they're only missing out on £1m of revenue. So £14m rather than £15m. In the grand scheme of things, given we'll have a wage bill of c. £40m at best, that £1m is really nothing.

This is a stupid and big PR gaff. They've released them so close to the play off final to see if they can get away with it and sneak it by during the euphoria.

But they've missed a massive chance to deliver pricing everyone would be happy with which would keep building on the momentum to club got from the last few weeks.

I'm silver.23 games at £449 to 19 games at £599 is a £12 per game price hike...or 62% if you will. That's scandalous and in no way a "reward" for STs. 62% more per match because we're one league higher. C'mon, do me a favour. I expected £499. These are £100 a band too much.

Equally, how much can you really increase these tickets to after the renewal deadline. Silver can't be £650, surely? And if it, you're only saving me £2.60 per game by giving you my cash (effectively as an interest free loan) now rather than on Aug 1st.

whilst i agree with practically every word, thought i'd at least point out that £100 x 10,000 is actually £1m, as opposed to £100k.

point still stands though...

[you edited as I replied :)]
[Post edited 29 May 2014 17:20]

Can we not knock it?

Season Ticket Prices on 17:21 - May 29 with 2403 viewssimmo

Season Ticket Prices on 17:08 - May 29 by Hunterhoop

Thank you for putting my point across for me in a succint way. I mean to include facts and comparisons but by the time I get to the 2nd sentence I just want to call people cnts.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Season Ticket Prices on 17:21 - May 29 with 2395 viewsHunterhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 16:58 - May 29 by simmo

Anybody attempting to justify the club advocating a 33% increase in prices, and doing so in a way that makes out like they are rewarding us season ticket holders by 'freezing' prices when they're actually not doing that at all, will be unsuccessful.

Some on here, myself included, bought a season ticket at the begining of this season. We did so after relegation, after watching us finish bottom of the league, after watching QPR win just 4 (FOUR) games all fckin season. A gesture like rewarding those fans by allowing them to re-purchase their seats for between 450 and 650 for a season would have been greatly received and appreciated by everyone. It would also be a nominal loss in comparison to the investement received from additional revenue and the amount spent on wages for various waste men in this team.

I would not expect us to be in the premier league and consistently pay the same for Championship tickets, the same way I wouldnt expect prices to stay the same if we were relegated again. But I resent the fact they have priced me out after I lent my support to the club when they really needed it this season and even more so that they tried to spin the announcement with talk of a 'freeze' like I am too much of a fckin idiot to realise what they actually did.

Simmo, mate, it's worse than you think. Look at my post above.

You can't exclude the variable of 'no. of games' from your calculation because we charge "walk up purchases" on a per game basis.

When you work it out on a per game basis, the renewal prices for STs compared to this season, mean Silver has gone up 62% per match. 62%.

I'll say that again, 62%.

Presumably so we can fund the purchases of Scott "the right sort" Parker and Joe "talented lad" Cole on £30k a week. Wonderful.
Season Ticket Prices on 17:22 - May 29 with 2394 viewsAunt_Nelly

Season Ticket Prices on 17:10 - May 29 by bosh67

We haven't signed Ronaldo and Messi? That's it, I'm off.

We have

but

Both triffic lads...
[Post edited 29 May 2014 17:24]
Season Ticket Prices on 17:24 - May 29 with 2371 viewsHunterhoop

Season Ticket Prices on 17:19 - May 29 by Jeff

whilst i agree with practically every word, thought i'd at least point out that £100 x 10,000 is actually £1m, as opposed to £100k.

point still stands though...

[you edited as I replied :)]
[Post edited 29 May 2014 17:20]

haha!

Rule 1: Always check your figures before publicising! Oops.

Anyway, corrected now.

It's this 62% per game rise that bugs me. That is truly scandalous. In my true British way, I am about to send an email to Mark Donnelly, COO. And I'll hazard a guess at Fernandes and Beard's email address.
Season Ticket Prices on 17:28 - May 29 with 2347 viewsAntti_Heinola

Season Ticket Prices on 15:54 - May 29 by A40Bosh

I am more disappointed with the way the message was delivered than the message itself.

The stupid part of me fantasized that existing Season Ticket holders from 2013/2014 would have been rewarded with an early bird freeze at last years prices, whilst the logical part of my brain told me they would go up because the product is deemed by the manufacturers to have improved.

So to come up with that garbage about freezing a price that was from two seasons ago was very insulting. The marketing and finance guys would probably come up with some bull about expecting year on year increases if we had stayed up and retail price index and all that old cobbleros, but at the end of the day, don't insult us.

However, marketing concentrates on the sell not the apology.

Mine has gone up to £709. Will I pay it, probably - if the Mrs is successful in her job interview next week and goes full time in September it will certainly make it easier to justify whacking £709 on a credit card before the window closes at the end of June!!

Sorry while I think it's too much, I don't think the stuff about freezing prices from two years ago was garbage. You have inflation to take into account etc and on that basis I'm surprised so many thought it would be lower than that year. Surely our 'reward' was a hefty cut last summer for the Championship?
I don't want to over-defend them, I'm just quite shocked that people expected any different! 2 years ago these prices were expensive but generally accepted - I don't see what one season out of the Prem has to do with it. Otherwise, let's reward those of us that were still there for Cup games when we were in League One.

Bare bones.

Season Ticket Prices on 17:33 - May 29 with 2317 viewsdaveB

what were people expecting? I'm surprised by the reaction
Season Ticket Prices on 17:42 - May 29 with 2275 viewsAunt_Nelly

Season Ticket Prices on 17:33 - May 29 by daveB

what were people expecting? I'm surprised by the reaction

I was expecting you to moan about children the family stand or your ST not arriving yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024