Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Richie Wellens!! 19:25 - Jan 3 with 5631 viewsloftboy

Incoming on a free if twitter is to be believed.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Richie Wellens!! on 19:32 - Jan 3 with 4435 viewsQPRDave

Complete rubbish..imo
Richie Wellens!! on 19:44 - Jan 3 with 4360 viewspaulparker

yes just what we need another midfielder

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Richie Wellens!! on 19:46 - Jan 3 with 4339 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

I saw that too... http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=344122 on the Donny fansite.

"Doncaster Rovers look set to miss out on resigning Richie Wellens with Queens Park Rangers favourites to land the midfielder according to BBC Radio Sheffield.

Wellens is now out of contract at the Keepmoat after playing the final game of his short-term deal, ironically against Queens Park Rangers on Wednesday.

Rovers were keen to extend the stay of the 33-year-old, who has captained the side in recent months in the absence of Rob Jones through injury.

Boss Paul Dickov was trying to finalise a deal to give Wellens a new deal until the summer of 2015 but it has emerged that two promotion chasing championship clubs were keen on signing the free agent, with Queens Park Rangers leading the chase.

Rovers recalled fellow midfielder David Syers from his loan spell at Scunthorpe United this morning, giving the first indications that not all was going well with negotiations to keep Wellens.

Wellens had made 24 appearances for Rovers this season, missing just two games."

We don't need midfielders but have to say he did look class and would much rather have him in the mix than jenas/Carroll.

Also.. is it me or has Niko only got about 1% of al his shots actually on target recently?
Can't blame that on arse-size alone surely?

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Richie Wellens!! on 20:00 - Jan 3 with 4254 viewsQPRDave

Richie Wellens!! on 19:46 - Jan 3 by UPPERLOFTNZ

I saw that too... http://www.doncaster.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=344122 on the Donny fansite.

"Doncaster Rovers look set to miss out on resigning Richie Wellens with Queens Park Rangers favourites to land the midfielder according to BBC Radio Sheffield.

Wellens is now out of contract at the Keepmoat after playing the final game of his short-term deal, ironically against Queens Park Rangers on Wednesday.

Rovers were keen to extend the stay of the 33-year-old, who has captained the side in recent months in the absence of Rob Jones through injury.

Boss Paul Dickov was trying to finalise a deal to give Wellens a new deal until the summer of 2015 but it has emerged that two promotion chasing championship clubs were keen on signing the free agent, with Queens Park Rangers leading the chase.

Rovers recalled fellow midfielder David Syers from his loan spell at Scunthorpe United this morning, giving the first indications that not all was going well with negotiations to keep Wellens.

Wellens had made 24 appearances for Rovers this season, missing just two games."

We don't need midfielders but have to say he did look class and would much rather have him in the mix than jenas/Carroll.

Also.. is it me or has Niko only got about 1% of al his shots actually on target recently?
Can't blame that on arse-size alone surely?

Hhhhhmmm ...shows what i know then
Richie Wellens!! on 20:28 - Jan 3 with 4103 viewsHollowayRanger

id have him if nlyo to stop the other promotion challenging team having him!

would also make 442 more of an option if along side barton

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Richie Wellens!! on 20:51 - Jan 3 with 3985 viewsbosh67

He was class on Wednesday. Really moved them forward. I am sure we could coach that out of him in no time!
[Post edited 3 Jan 2014 20:51]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Richie Wellens!! on 20:57 - Jan 3 with 3937 viewsHunterhoop

This only makes sense if Tom Carroll is off. And even then only if it's a 6 month deal.

We have got to stop stockpiling midfielders just because we can.

Jenas, O'Neill, Barton, Niko, Benayoun, SWP...all midfielders and all over 30.

Not exactly long term thinking is it.

But yes, let's sign a 33 yr old. More ageing blood.
Richie Wellens!! on 20:58 - Jan 3 with 3938 viewsQPRDave

Richie Wellens!! on 20:51 - Jan 3 by bosh67

He was class on Wednesday. Really moved them forward. I am sure we could coach that out of him in no time!

...we'll learn him!!
Login to get fewer ads

Richie Wellens!! on 21:00 - Jan 3 with 3924 viewsrichranger

Was by far the best midfielder on the pitch on Wednesday - if we lose Carroll, and hopefully forget about Henry, it does make sense to sign him on a free.
Richie Wellens!! on 21:17 - Jan 3 with 3846 viewsDiscodroid

Richie Wellens!! on 20:51 - Jan 3 by bosh67

Just Lol !!!

You have the best avatar, makes me laugh everytime i see it.

one of the greats.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Richie Wellens!! on 21:19 - Jan 3 with 3834 viewsstevenagehoop

Has been decent at this level for a number of years will do well with Barton and will help others to play with the ball.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Richie Wellens!! on 21:30 - Jan 3 with 3780 viewseghamranger

Sums up why he played well on Wednesday if he knew he was being watched.
Richie Wellens!! on 23:11 - Jan 3 with 3456 viewslongbottom

At 33 he's far too young to play for us, Shirley?
Richie Wellens!! on 23:12 - Jan 3 with 3444 viewsdaveB

Carroll must be off if he's signing although I wouldn't be so sure this is going to happen
Richie Wellens!! on 23:16 - Jan 3 with 3419 viewsNorthernr

Sigh. Paladini vintage.
Richie Wellens!! on 03:30 - Jan 4 with 3190 viewsPommyhoop

Inspired H signing. Gotta love our scouting system.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Richie Wellens!! on 03:39 - Jan 4 with 3187 viewsHooparoo

Richie Wellens!! on 03:30 - Jan 4 by Pommyhoop

Inspired H signing. Gotta love our scouting system.

We have a scouting system?

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Richie Wellens!! on 03:49 - Jan 4 with 3183 viewsPommyhoop

Richie Wellens!! on 03:39 - Jan 4 by Hooparoo

We have a scouting system?

Ring up Spuds for shufty or wait to see any 30 plus midfielders play well against us.Genius in its simplicity.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Richie Wellens!! on 03:55 - Jan 4 with 3179 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

more and more pres picking up on it.. looking nailed on now.. lets hop let's a short term deal.

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Richie Wellens!! on 06:54 - Jan 4 with 3122 viewsstuartqpr

suits our policy of signing promising players from championship manager 01/02 in recent years. Wellens was a highly rated 19 year old at blackpool. Wonder what Tonton Zola Mokouko is up to nowardays.
Richie Wellens!! on 08:12 - Jan 4 with 3071 viewsWeaverQPR

Carroll has been a flop really maybe too much pressure and expectancy placed on him. TC tidy but doesnt influence game enough
Wellens has plenty of games at this level and will be more if a presence in the midfield. A six month deal is pretty risk free imo.

@WeavQPR

Richie Wellens!! on 08:24 - Jan 4 with 3052 viewseghamranger

Bit of a Gavin Mahon type player, he was noticeable on Wednesday and he could be useful, TC is lightweight and because he was given the number 10 shirt everyone thought he would be superb. Not a touch on Walker and Townsend.
Cant stand Karl Henry, never known a player that goes sideways so much, I actually cringe when his name is mentioned.
The next few months in this league is for proper men now and I know it's only a Twitter rumour, but he could be just what we need for 6 months.
Richie Wellens!! on 10:57 - Jan 4 with 2942 viewsAntti_Heinola

more blood. more age. more short term desperation.
gotta love H.

Bare bones.

Richie Wellens!! on 12:52 - Jan 4 with 2780 viewsLoft1979

Richie Wellens!! on 08:24 - Jan 4 by eghamranger

Bit of a Gavin Mahon type player, he was noticeable on Wednesday and he could be useful, TC is lightweight and because he was given the number 10 shirt everyone thought he would be superb. Not a touch on Walker and Townsend.
Cant stand Karl Henry, never known a player that goes sideways so much, I actually cringe when his name is mentioned.
The next few months in this league is for proper men now and I know it's only a Twitter rumour, but he could be just what we need for 6 months.

Agreed. We complain about the same thing every week...poor ball distro out of the back. Ale was getting it done with Joey. Hopefully Richie can step into the team and give that lost element. Another highly touted is bridcutt . I also heard about us being linked to Sean Murray.
Richie Wellens!! on 16:30 - Jan 4 with 2684 viewsloftboy

Not in their squad today!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024