Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm 20:38 - Apr 24 with 7039 viewsqprmeath

From Ian Taylor on twitter
Standby #QPR fans ... some breaking news on our plans for a state-of-the-art training ground facility at the Warren Farm site #QPR

We can confirm we have been given the go ahead to progress our plans for a state-of-the-art training ground facility at Warren Farm
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Warren Farm on 07:52 - Apr 25 with 1560 viewsGloucs_R

Great news and a massive step forward for the club. The rebuilding starts here.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Warren Farm on 08:32 - Apr 25 with 1515 viewsstonebridgers

Warren Farm on 07:52 - Apr 25 by Gloucs_R

Great news and a massive step forward for the club. The rebuilding starts here.

Great news for the club and agree that is shows the board are in this for the long term.

But after watching Boswinga and some of the others this year I can't help but think a state of the art training centre is a waste of money. Maybe we should leave Warren Farm as it is as they are no better than Sunday League players.

Stonebridgers

Warren Farm on 08:43 - Apr 25 with 1500 viewsElHoop

Great news for the club at all levels. Promotion and relegation are stopovers in the life of a club but this is a permanent mark. Well done the board.
Warren Farm on 08:52 - Apr 25 with 1487 viewscjc

Music to the ears. Downwards then onwards and upwards.

Life in the ol R´sss yet.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Warren Farm on 08:55 - Apr 25 with 1476 viewswombat

Warren Farm on 08:52 - Apr 25 by cjc

Music to the ears. Downwards then onwards and upwards.

Life in the ol R´sss yet.

25 million quid

anyone whos in construction get your tenders in chaps

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/2013/04/25/tender-race-starts-for-25m-qpr-tr

i hope the club gives rangers fans the chance to be involved in building the training ground in some way times are hard out there and it would be nice for the club to let fans with trades experiences get involved with building the training ground

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Warren Farm on 09:02 - Apr 25 with 1465 viewscjc

Totally agree, keep the construction in house and that will go along way to building the foundations of the club on every level.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Warren Farm on 09:15 - Apr 25 with 1443 viewsA40Bosh

Warren Farm on 09:02 - Apr 25 by cjc

Totally agree, keep the construction in house and that will go along way to building the foundations of the club on every level.

Guys,

Get a grip, this is a multi million pound prestige construction process. A professional company will engage in a tender process that should not include such questions as

1.Do you support Queens Park Rangers Football Club?
2.If Yes to 1, Are you a current Season Ticket holder at Queens Park Rangers?
3.If No to 2, Have you held a Season Ticket at Queens Park Rangers in the last 2 yrs?
4. If No to 1, Thank you for submitting your tender, it has been unsuccessful but we thank you for your time.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Warren Farm on 09:27 - Apr 25 with 1422 viewsMichael_Hunt

Good news at last.

Was this the "ground" that TF was twittering about when the story broke regarding the £15M loan?
Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm on 09:31 - Apr 25 with 1413 viewsA40Bosh

Warren Farm on 09:27 - Apr 25 by Michael_Hunt

Good news at last.

Was this the "ground" that TF was twittering about when the story broke regarding the £15M loan?

From memory I think TF referred to "stadium" not Warren Farm
I could be wrong though.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Warren Farm on 09:42 - Apr 25 with 1396 viewsSomersetHoops

I am pleased we are doing this and it does seem at some time in the distant future we might see some benefit from it.

In the meantime I would be more exited if I heard we were employing a decent scouting network so we avoid the mistakes made over the last two seasons.

When QPR were good our facilities were crap, but we had good managers who had access to good football people scouting for them and actually went to games themselves to watch the performance of prospective purchases. In some cases when the cost was, although a tiny fraction of what we pay now, but considered a big investment our owner and chairman would watch the player as well. Despite his commitment, I doubt Tony Fernandes will find time for that, so we need someone at the top who has the knowlege about football who can

In recent times we have relied on agents proposing players to the club with the only motive of making a pile of money from the last move of their knackered clients. The club is then shown videos of their best bits with all their mistakes and injuries edited out which gives a false impression. So we have relied on that and a player's reputation at an earlier time and for other clubs.

A prospective player's qualities are better judged by watching them play for at least 90 minutes and better still for more than one game. I want to hear that player buying and assessement is recognised as having been totally wrong and that we are puting it right from now on. This will have more impact to the quality of our team than property improvements and should have a far higher priority.

Who's Next?

Warren Farm on 09:49 - Apr 25 with 1383 viewsexiled_dictator

Warren Farm on 09:15 - Apr 25 by A40Bosh

Guys,

Get a grip, this is a multi million pound prestige construction process. A professional company will engage in a tender process that should not include such questions as

3.If No to 2, Have you held a Season Ticket at Queens Park Rangers in the last 2 yrs?
4. If No to 1, Thank you for submitting your tender, it has been unsuccessful but we thank you for your time.

5. Surely, any construction company that gets the nod has to use Mittal Steel.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Warren Farm on 09:49 - Apr 25 with 1383 viewsjeffro

Guys,

Absolutely right.

Our fans are so precious sometimes..

GEt it done correctly and professionally, not done by Jimmy's electrical and wiring service who'll do a deal because he's got a job load left over!!!
Warren Farm on 09:51 - Apr 25 with 1377 viewswombat

Guys,

im talking further down the scale mate , all subbies will prob need extra labour when they commence on site
Groundworkers
Drainage guys
Chippies
Labourers
painters
Etc Etc

it would be nice if the club trys to ensure that fans might be considered for those jobs if some was to be come aval on a full or part time basis

speaking from experience a lot of construction companies arent keeping massive head count of full time employed labour so they go to agencies for extra staff when needed

Warren Farm on 09:55 - Apr 25 with 1356 viewsAntti_Heinola

Warren Farm on 09:42 - Apr 25 by SomersetHoops

I am pleased we are doing this and it does seem at some time in the distant future we might see some benefit from it.

In the meantime I would be more exited if I heard we were employing a decent scouting network so we avoid the mistakes made over the last two seasons.

When QPR were good our facilities were crap, but we had good managers who had access to good football people scouting for them and actually went to games themselves to watch the performance of prospective purchases. In some cases when the cost was, although a tiny fraction of what we pay now, but considered a big investment our owner and chairman would watch the player as well. Despite his commitment, I doubt Tony Fernandes will find time for that, so we need someone at the top who has the knowlege about football who can

In recent times we have relied on agents proposing players to the club with the only motive of making a pile of money from the last move of their knackered clients. The club is then shown videos of their best bits with all their mistakes and injuries edited out which gives a false impression. So we have relied on that and a player's reputation at an earlier time and for other clubs.

A prospective player's qualities are better judged by watching them play for at least 90 minutes and better still for more than one game. I want to hear that player buying and assessement is recognised as having been totally wrong and that we are puting it right from now on. This will have more impact to the quality of our team than property improvements and should have a far higher priority.

Incredible insider info here, nice one Somerset.

Bare bones.

Warren Farm on 09:55 - Apr 25 with 1357 viewsTheBlob

"Training?What's that then?"

M.Hughes.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Warren Farm on 10:13 - Apr 25 with 1299 viewsGloucs_R

Warren Farm on 09:42 - Apr 25 by SomersetHoops

Mike Rigg was supposed to give him that scouting network and is no longer with the club, enough said!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Warren Farm on 13:54 - Apr 25 with 1217 viewsR_from_afar

Great news and a wise and encouraging move by the board.

However, I can't help but think that the Warren Farm plans miss a trick by overlooking some areas of match preparation which players consider critical, i.e. a tattoo parlour, tanning salon and T shirt printing area. When will Rangers ever learn? It's all about the details.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Warren Farm on 16:39 - Apr 25 with 1144 viewswombat

Warren Farm on 13:54 - Apr 25 by R_from_afar

Great news and a wise and encouraging move by the board.

However, I can't help but think that the Warren Farm plans miss a trick by overlooking some areas of match preparation which players consider critical, i.e. a tattoo parlour, tanning salon and T shirt printing area. When will Rangers ever learn? It's all about the details.

RFA

pie and mash shop as well

Warren Farm on 16:45 - Apr 25 with 1131 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm on 09:51 - Apr 25 by wombat

im talking further down the scale mate , all subbies will prob need extra labour when they commence on site
Groundworkers
Drainage guys
Chippies
Labourers
painters
Etc Etc

it would be nice if the club trys to ensure that fans might be considered for those jobs if some was to be come aval on a full or part time basis

speaking from experience a lot of construction companies arent keeping massive head count of full time employed labour so they go to agencies for extra staff when needed

I actually agree with wombat on this.

Clearly the Main Contract will go the most suitable bidder, as it has to, but a small bit of imagination could make it possible to at least invite tenders for minor and enabling works through the QPR media. Bidders would have to meet price, quality and safety criteria, naturally, but there's nothing wrong with inviting tenders and giving people opportunities, especially if they are Rangers.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm on 17:58 - Apr 25 with 1096 viewsderbyhoop

The only disappointing thing about this announcement is that they hope it will be ready for the start of the 2015/2016 season. Is it impossible to bring it in a year earlier?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Warren Farm on 20:00 - Apr 25 with 1060 viewswombat

Warren Farm on 16:45 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Clearly the Main Contract will go the most suitable bidder, as it has to, but a small bit of imagination could make it possible to at least invite tenders for minor and enabling works through the QPR media. Bidders would have to meet price, quality and safety criteria, naturally, but there's nothing wrong with inviting tenders and giving people opportunities, especially if they are Rangers.

I was involved with the construction of spurs new training ground amazing place levy used to visit weekly and his speech was this wear any football shirt you like but if it ain't spurs your finished on Friday.

Do happen to know of numerous arsenal scum and west hand shirts buried around the ground in various places which always made me laugh.

When we build the training ground I'd hope that we empty sniffer dogs to ensure no scum shirts are buried within 10 miles , well they can be buried as long as the person is stil wearing it !

Warren Farm on 20:20 - Apr 25 with 1042 viewsactonman

Warren Farm on 20:00 - Apr 25 by wombat

I was involved with the construction of spurs new training ground amazing place levy used to visit weekly and his speech was this wear any football shirt you like but if it ain't spurs your finished on Friday.

Do happen to know of numerous arsenal scum and west hand shirts buried around the ground in various places which always made me laugh.

When we build the training ground I'd hope that we empty sniffer dogs to ensure no scum shirts are buried within 10 miles , well they can be buried as long as the person is stil wearing it !

brilliant idea !!

JT goes missing around the same time as the concrete foundations are laid

Warren Farm on 20:48 - Apr 25 with 1020 viewsLblock

Warren Farm on 16:45 - Apr 25 by BrianMcCarthy

These sort of things can be encouraged in the Prelims document but not really demanded.

I've worked on Contracts where "employment of local labour for 25% of labour resource" is encouraged but never insisted on.

I'd of thought this will go to someone like McAlpine.

£25M is a lump of change for this -- a decent 25,000 seater should be £35M !!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Warren Farm on 20:56 - Apr 25 with 1007 viewsmichael67

Warren Farm on 20:48 - Apr 25 by Lblock

These sort of things can be encouraged in the Prelims document but not really demanded.

I've worked on Contracts where "employment of local labour for 25% of labour resource" is encouraged but never insisted on.

I'd of thought this will go to someone like McAlpine.

£25M is a lump of change for this -- a decent 25,000 seater should be £35M !!!

Wasn't something like this encouraged for the Olympic Stadium? All what happened was the migrant workforce moved into the area's bedsits. I think you'll find most of the sub-contractors do keep a core of full time workers that will work wherever the site is. Sub-contractors like to keep good workers and offer them full time employment.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Warren Farm on 21:30 - Apr 25 with 973 viewsStanisgod

This can't be true as top class footie journalists from the Sun through to the Daily Fail,have consistantly said over the last few months that if we get relegated the owners will do a runner and we will be weighed down with such a large wage bill we will be in admin by Xmas !

Apologies from Martin Samuel and the other no nothing tw@ts will no doubt be printed in their respective rags soon.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024